Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

LazyMaybe posted:

So, would that be like this, then? The patches folder+wtome_sa.pk3 from the compressed folder both put into the same folder as heretic.bat?

The Wayfarer's Tome is a GZDoom mod, given it's a PK3 (remember to extract the contents of .zip files, you don't load them as is). You can't load it with the original Heretic executable, which you appear to be trying here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rocket Pan posted:

The Wayfarer's Tome is a GZDoom mod, given it's a PK3 (remember to extract the contents of .zip files, you don't load them as is). You can't load it with the original Heretic executable, which you appear to be trying here.
Yeah, I did extract the .zip file.
The person I was replying to said "If not using a launcher (load order bat file) drop them on your heretic folder.", which to me sounded like "If not using GZDoom, drop them on your heretic folder."

Searching for this I've gotten gotten somewhat scattered information-if I want to run it with GZDoom, can I still be running it through steam with the steam playtime tracker functioning?

edit: seem to have gotten it working, via this guide.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 19, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any idea of how much Selaco is going to be?

30 bucks and then the next episode is 3 5 15 months away

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Ghostware, the weird FPS/adventure game thing about dead people trapped in an UT99 server, is escaping Early Access on June 10 with the addition of a third episode and some additional flashback levels, alongside the usual additional fixes and polish. Seems like some of the people I follow are excited about this, but I haven't played it myself. Anyone got thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UVX8lI8ss

The announcement also let slip that there'll be some kind of Indie FPS showcase event running on Steam on June 8-12.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

LazyMaybe posted:

So, would that be like this, then? The patches folder+wtome_sa.pk3 from the compressed folder both put into the same folder as heretic.bat?

Use something like ZDL. You need GZDoom like Rocket Pan said.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any idea of how much Selaco is going to be?
Looking at their Twitter replies, "$25 or less". They can't be more specific at the moment for some reason.

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

Livo posted:

For people who liked the different look/colour palette of the PSX version of Quake 2, Paril (Nightdive developer) just confirmed on his Youtube channel that the PSX port he's working on for Quake 2 Remastered, will indeed have the unique purple sky.

There's some new screenshots Paril has listed below of the PSX version he's working on. He gave some more info on the sky system as well on his video.

https://form.jotform.com/241384871001046

quote:

It uses the N64 sky system, with two layers of purple clouds; it looks a lot like the PSX hardware sky (if it moved, at least) but it's definitely different. It's impossible to mimic the original exactly, but I think I landed on a good compromise. I don't plan to allow switching to a real skybox, it's technically possible but it's a lot of files to include for something most people won't use.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Absolutely tumescent for Selaco. Then again I was for Beyond Sunset too but I think Selaco's gonna be a lot more honest. Hell 25 probably isn't even that much if the levels are the same length as the demo. I'm very excited

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Absolutely tumescent

You should go see a doctor!

:P

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Absolutely tumescent

Turin Turambar posted:

You should go see a doctor!

:P

:awesome:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
There are two types of people in this world: Those who get tumescent for things, and those who get turgid.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

wizordum is pretty cool and I hope it stays that way when it's done

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

Ghostware, the weird FPS/adventure game thing about dead people trapped in an UT99 server, is escaping Early Access on June 10 with the addition of a third episode and some additional flashback levels, alongside the usual additional fixes and polish. Seems like some of the people I follow are excited about this, but I haven't played it myself. Anyone got thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UVX8lI8ss

The announcement also let slip that there'll be some kind of Indie FPS showcase event running on Steam on June 8-12.

I've had my eye on this since it first hit early access, so I'd be curious to hear thoughts from anyone as well. Trailers on the Steam page made it look neat, at least.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I keep all my doom mods in the gzdoom folder unorganized and just drag and drop the ones I want to play like a peasant.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Overbite posted:

I keep all my doom mods in the gzdoom folder unorganized and just drag and drop the ones I want to play like a peasant.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I just use the command prompt unless I'm loading up on a ton of mods and all my wads are mostly in one giant folder. I don't use it anymore but I still have my doom folder from approximately 1997-2007 and it has 4397 files in the root directory alone

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

It's not pathetic--it's a sick organizational perversion, like the people who used to keep all of their CD/DVDs/discs in the wrong cases.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's not pathetic--it's a sick organizational perversion, like the people who used to keep all of their CD/DVDs/discs in the wrong cases.

well, at least they're in a case, and not just stacked on each other naked

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I forgot that people do that, and now I can’t stop projectile vomiting in all directions. I don’t even know how I’m typing this, my phone screen is completely covered in puke. :barf:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hey now. People are perfectly capable of keeping discs in the wrong cases and stacking them. Like, 3-4 discs in a single case.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hogama posted:

Hey now. People are perfectly capable of keeping discs in the wrong cases and stacking them. Like, 3-4 discs in a single case.

People who do that will be the first ones up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I put all my discs in a plastic bag for portability.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Being judged by this giraffe-human hybrid.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Hogama posted:

I had someone donate a bunch of loose discs to the thrift store recently and their solution was to wrap each disc individually in brown paper and then toss them all in a box together so it looked like the box was empty aside from packing material. It was the damnedest thing I've ever seen like that.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
blasting my way thru brutal wolf 3d. i never played beyond the shareware levels so i stopped recognizing stuff after that episode. but it's a lot of fun, just got the tesla gun and she's a h00t

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Brolander posted:

blasting my way thru brutal wolf 3d. i never played beyond the shareware levels so i stopped recognizing stuff after that episode. but it's a lot of fun, just got the tesla gun and she's a h00t

Tell me more about this brutal wolf 3D, I love Wolfenstein and murdering Nazis.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Someone remastered Mysteries of the Sith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY99cBiHkLY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Episode 2 of Heretic has dramatically worse level design, drat. They really knocked it out of the park with the big flat level with nothing in it and ice physics lol. And theres still so many levels left!!!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

This is an almost perfect example of everything bad about fan remasters.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
It doesn't look great and the original game was pure jank but I really loved it back in the day. Couldn't get through the sith temple levels though.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Terminally Bored posted:

It doesn't look great and the original game was pure jank but I really loved it back in the day. Couldn't get through the sith temple levels though.

Yeah, the temples are garbage. Early FPS map design is full of labyrinths because of the tech limitations, but MoTS does it on purpose with those. Just awful confusing spaces.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, the temples are garbage. Early FPS map design is full of labyrinths because of the tech limitations, but MoTS does it on purpose with those. Just awful confusing spaces.

Yeah I liked MotS until it drops you in a dark cave and prevents you using any guns for the rest of the game

I mean every DF game has it's gigantic :fuckoff: moments but that and Nar Shadaar in JO are the worst. At least they didn't pack it with DF1 land mines I guess

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mysteries of the Sith is the perfect example of loving something in my memory more than if I replayed it irl. The demo for it (not vanilla JK) was the first game where I was able to mess around with the enemies using force pull/push or anything like that sort of thing, and that put some indelible mark in my brain. I went back to replay it a few years ago, after decades of advancements in video game physics, and I just didn't feel like finishing it whatsoever, but couldn't put my finger on why. Later on, it occurred to me how novel the whole thing was when I first played it, which pretty much overshadowed everything else at the time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
looks flat but shapely. An enigma.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hank hill lookin rear end

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The cutscene look better at least. You have to remember that MOTS came out 5 months after JK. So it’s kind of a miracle it’s as good as it is. The original cutscenes were slapped together by the level designers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm thinking about replaying Doom 3, are there any gameplay mods or otherwise that I should check out to make it maybe not suck as much to play?

Also I never played Resurrection of Evil, worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Deakul posted:

I'm thinking about replaying Doom 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0q7MLPo-u8

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 20, 2024