Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
is the llama shortage due to winamp users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Jimmy Wales flies in and out of a couple times a month, in coach, to visit his 12-year-old daughter, Kira, who is named after the protagonist in Ayn Rand’s anti-communist novel

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In the middle of Shônen Book's publication, Shônen Jump began its run (at the time was a Semiweekly magazine and had no "Weekly").[4] Shônen Book ended when Shônen Jump became a Weekly magazine correctly changing its name to Weekly Shônen Jump.[4] In 1969 a special issue called Bessatsu Shônen Jump took Shônen Book's place.[4] In addition to the success of Weekly Shônen Jump, Shueisha created a Seinen version of the magazine in 1979, called Young Jump (now Weekly Young Jump).[5] Bessatsu Shônen Jump, later got renamed Monthly Shônen Jump and became a magazine of its own.[4] The seasonal issues of Weekly Shônen Jump are now called Akamaru Jump.

ok so it doesn't show up too well in the 'pos but some sperg bolded the "weekly"s to make sure that people understood that they were there or whatever

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Jimmy Wales flies in and out of a couple times a month, in coach, to visit his 12-year-old daughter, Kira, who is named after the protagonist in Ayn Rand’s anti-communist novel

rand fan

flies coach

more like a lieutenant of industry, maybe even able seamen of fabrication or something.

flies coach. someone rule 36 this guy.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MissingNo. (けつばん Ketsuban?), or MissingNO,[1] is a Pokémon species found in the video games Pokémon Red and Blue. Standing for "Missing Number", MissingNo. Pokémon are used as error handlers by game developer Game Freak; they appear when the game attempts to access data for a nonexistent Pokémon species. Due to the programming of three in-game events, players can encounter MissingNo. via a glitch. The species was first documented by Nintendo in the May 1999 issue of Nintendo Power.
Encountering MissingNo. causes graphical errors and the mass replication of the sixth item in the player's item menu; the latter effect resulted in the glitch's coverage by strategy guides and game magazines. IGN has noted MissingNo.'s appearance in Pokémon Red and Blue as one of the most famous video game glitches. Fans of the series have attempted to rationalize MissingNo. as canon, and sociologists have studied its impact on players.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Blackula69 posted:

is the llama shortage due to winamp users

maybe jeff mintner is making a new game

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

Fans of the series have attempted to rationalize MissingNo. as canon, and sociologists have studied its impact on players.

cut all research funding forever gently caress this species

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i went to school with a girl who wrote her dissertation on how to determine which people on twitter might like each other based on their tweets

unsurprisingly she makes big money now for google or microsoft or some huge data analytics place like that

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

wrote her dissertation on twitter

makes big money

end it all

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
but enough about your posting

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

has this been posted yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Software_Song

quote:

Lyrics

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.
Hoarders can get piles of money,
That is true, hackers, that is true.
But they cannot help their neighbors;
That's not good, hackers, that's not good.
When we have enough free software
At our call, hackers, at our call,
We'll kick out those dirty licenses
Ever more, hackers, ever more.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

worth what you pay for it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hate this song and i hate the reason for its existence and i really, really hate rms explaining how it's sung to the tune of a bulgarian folk song because he only listens to "bulgarian folk songs and tribal festival music" or some poo poo because that's like the nth-level catastrophic endpoint of an insufferably smug asperger goon going "i don't listen to ~commercial~ music only my totally raw authentic acidmetalcore"

guy is literally an insane autist and hasn't contributed anything any open source program or movement in like twenty years. why does he still get invited to conferences

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

guy is literally an insane autist and hasn't contributed anything any open source program or movement in like twenty years. why does he still get invited to conferences

because linus torvalds wrote a kernel that enabled ppl to have a unix-like OS on their computer for free that was open source and RMS did write a few tools that started a package of tools which make that kernel fairly usable and its free as opposed to windows so that gave him legitimacy as a free software guy, and despite how hard he tries to preach what his version of free software is, he's still mostly known by non-yospos non-super-tech-nerds for "linux is free! i downloaded it for free last night and its legal! 0 dollars! windows sucks and costs money!"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

because linus torvalds wrote a kernel that enabled ppl to have a unix-like OS on their computer for free that was open source and RMS did write a few tools that started a package of tools which make that kernel fairly usable and its free as opposed to windows so that gave him legitimacy as a free software guy, and despite how hard he tries to preach what his version of free software is, he's still mostly known by non-yospos non-super-tech-nerds for "linux is free! i downloaded it for free last night and its legal! 0 dollars! windows sucks and costs money!"

i'm not reading that

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
well, if you did, it's the sad truth as to why RMS carries any legitimacy and its not even because of him.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i guess to be specific on why he keeps getting invited and payed for talks is cuz academics love his communist viewpoints and are prolly the only ones who do in or out of the tech communitites

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Suspicious Dish posted:

i'm not reading that

ok it's because u touch urself at night

gj sinner

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
if i start doing the badtouch during the day instead will things improve??/

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

p good explanation

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

well these days gnu stuff uses gpl which is absolutely not free and is highly restrictive in the rights it grants the "user". for modern free software you'll want to find things licensed under apache, mit, or bsd.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2giBAfDOGw

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

my kind of place

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shaggar posted:

well these days gnu stuff uses gpl which is absolutely not free and is highly restrictive in the rights it grants the "user". for modern free software you'll want to find things licensed under apache, mit, or bsd.

what about lgpl

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im not sure about that one. is it common?

arkma
May 30, 2001
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_lived_at_airports

Heinz Müller, German: Viracopos-Campinas International Airport, Brazil
October 16–29, 2009 (13 days)
He flew to Rio de Janeiro to meet with a woman he met online, but she did not show up. He ran out of money and ended up in Campinas. He was taken to a hospital for a psychological evaluation.

lmao.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

arkma posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_lived_at_airports

Heinz Müller, German: Viracopos-Campinas International Airport, Brazil
October 16–29, 2009 (13 days)
He flew to Rio de Janeiro to meet with a woman he met online, but she did not show up. He ran out of money and ended up in Campinas. He was taken to a hospital for a psychological evaluation.

lmao.

that guy dodged a bullet. if he didn't share a name with a soccer player this would probably be the first hit on google for his name

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

i hate this song and i hate the reason for its existence and i really, really hate rms explaining how it's sung to the tune of a bulgarian folk song because he only listens to "bulgarian folk songs and tribal festival music" or some poo poo because that's like the nth-level catastrophic endpoint of an insufferably smug asperger goon going "i don't listen to ~commercial~ music only my totally raw authentic acidmetalcore"

overton window

also btw he invented wikipedia in the same way he invented linux

http://www.gnu.org/encyclopedia/anencyc.txt

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the japanese article on panchira illustrates thusly

possibly nsfw

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

PleasingFungus posted:

the main problem with quinoa's popularity actually seems to be a llama shortage crisis

(Other options like sheep poop appear to encourage pests.)

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
The Pet Shop Boys version introduces a harmonic variation not present in the original version. In the original the ending phrase "always on my mind" is sung to a IV-V7-I cadence (C-D7-G). The Pet Shop Boys extend this cadence by adding two further chords: C-D7-Gm7/B♭-C-G (i.e. a progression of IV-V7-i7b-IV-I).[citation needed]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

ha ha! well now, we call this the act of mating

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/MILF

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Synonyms
yummy mummy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

quote:

Every April as an April Fools' Day prank, GamePro prints a 2-5 page satirical spoof of their magazine named LamePro, which is a pun version of GamePro's own official title. This spoof contains humorous prank game titles, parody presentations and funny newslines, similar to The Onion. Many other game magazines have since been the subject of the jokes by LamePro.

Lamepro, however, is not without its own controversy. While some game magazine readers have seen LamePro as something to laugh at themselves and each other, some other readers may have been outraged and very offended at the types of jokes that it presents. In 2000, a spoof ad in the satire made reference to a then newer (and short-lived) game magazine called "Incite: Video Games". At an industry charity auction, Incite bid and won on advertising space within GamePro; in the spirit of charity, GamePro agreed to advertise its own competition, even though it could be considered vaguely tasteless (a mailman delivering a copy of Incite to a female's door, with the legend "It must be that time of the month"). However, in the next LamePro, a fake ad for a magazine named "In spite" was used as bird-cage lining, with the white-background ad saying "You get what you pay for," making reference to the first Incite issue costing 99 cents on newsstands. The following month, Incite responded in their Letters To The Editor section, spouting off in their subwords "Get it, GamePROSE," and many supposed fans of their magazine defending them against the spoof ad. During the remainder of the magazine's 10-month lifespan, Incite ran the "GamePROSE" quote in every issue.

In 2005, another spoof advertisement had a similar effect, and also had an even greater controversy. The spoof was on account of gaming supersite IGN. Once again, on a white background, the ad showed a phony game site screenshot, with a logo similar to IGN's, spelling out "GNO.com" and the phrase "You can't spell ignorance without GNO." This sparked a letter to one of IGN's staff members who does a weekly feedback column on the site, and, in answering to one's e-mail concerning the spoof, mentioned humorlessly that GamePro wasn't mature at all for taking such a shot at IGN.

However, that was not the biggest concern in the 2005 edition. Just a few weeks after the issue hit newsstands, word came out that there was an actual site on the internet that had the address GNO.com. The site was actually an internet publishing site, and GamePro a few months later ran an apology in their letters section, saying that they had no prior knowledge about the site existing before the issue had been released. It is apparent that the 2 sides had made peace, as no civil suits of any kind were filed (it is unclear if such was even being planned).

LamePro has since been dropped altogether as of the April 2007 issue during the magazine overhaul redesign.

the pettiest thing

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

"The following month, Incite responded in their Letters To The Editor section, spouting off in their subwords "Get it, GamePROSE," and many supposed fans of their magazine defending them against the spoof ad. During the remainder of the magazine's 10-month lifespan, Incite ran the "GamePROSE" quote in every issue."

:iceburn:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so they like the prose in gamepro? or they themselves have superior prose?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Padania is featured the anime/manga Gunslinger Girl which features a pro-Padania terrorist group named the Five Republics Faction and the Italian counterintelligence and counter-terrorist agency called the Social Welfare Agency which tries to stop them.

Padania is mentioned in the William Gibson novel Virtual Light, in which the world political map is implied to be heavily fractured.

Padania is the title of the tenth studio album by the Afterhours, an Italian rock band from Milan.

The Padania national football team has won the VIVA World Cup in 2008, 2009 and 2010.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Sexualization of the buttocks has occurred throughout history, especially of the female gender.[1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Beginning in 2009, Naypyidaw has CDMA mobile phone coverage. Private telephone lines to employees living in government apartments are not allowed, so public telephones must be used.[12] Naypyidaw is the only city in Burma where electricity is available 24 hours a day.[19][53]