Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Haha holy christ, my brain is still sparking off at this new update man.
I mean, lemme get this straight: Jane begins playing, GCat prevents the prototyping of Poppopsprite or whatever you wanna call him, so Jane never gets an apple. She can't enter the game, however Crocker-Condesce does SOMETHING to her seemingly sending her SOMEWHERE. Into the Medium? Forward in time? Unclear, man. Not known what happens to Jake at this point, but Roxy and Dirk do not enter the Medium and survive the flooded, Crocker-ruled Earth. So it's likely maybe that DS is 13 in Jane's time and creates AR now and 'in the future' is three years later? Since there were no players and no prototypings the war would have been a king versus king stalemate, but Crocker-Condesce's influence allowed her to lead the black side, probably into destroying the white side maybe? Instead of causing the Reckoning, this is when Crockdesce *hurr* invades Earth.

And for Roxy and Dirk it is now three years after Jane failing to enter the Medium, and they are communicating through time.

Man I don't even know if any of this is a correct assumption and I just gave myself a migraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterid
Feb 20, 2012

:stare:

Well, that sure was an update. I had never thought of Roxy and Dirk (and possibly Jake?) being from future.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

- The Daedric overlay naturally says "BUT NOT MANY" to go with "years in the future".

I thought that font looked familiar. If only Dohvakiin were here!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I don't think you necessarily need to prototype in order to enter. You're just kind of screwed if you do that and don't have people from another session (or two) coming in to straighten things out. I think right now it seems likely that Jane did enter just barely in time, but without prototyping.

We don't know how far in the future (relative to Jane's time) Dirk and Roxy are, but it's probably more than three years. (11 or 111, maybe.)

Jake is almost certainly living in the same time period as Jane, since he's been walking around the non-submerged island.

Edit: also, the huge thing in Jake's inventory is totally the massive ship his B1 equivalent had, and he'll be entering from there instead of anywhere on the island. :tinfoil:

Also, the sound credits page is already updated; the two songs in this one are by Bowman (the "oh watch me prepare for a perfectly normal entry" bit) and Beatfox (the best version of Dissension).

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 8, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

rear end-Haggis posted:

Haha holy christ, my brain is still sparking off at this new update man.
I mean, lemme get this straight: Jane begins playing, GCat prevents the prototyping of Poppopsprite or whatever you wanna call him, so Jane never gets an apple. She can't enter the game, however Crocker-Condesce does SOMETHING to her seemingly sending her SOMEWHERE. Into the Medium? Forward in time? Unclear, man. Not known what happens to Jake at this point, but Roxy and Dirk do not enter the Medium and survive the flooded, Crocker-ruled Earth. So it's likely maybe that DS is 13 in Jane's time and creates AR now and 'in the future' is three years later? Since there were no players and no prototypings the war would have been a king versus king stalemate, but Crocker-Condesce's influence allowed her to lead the black side, probably into destroying the white side maybe? Instead of causing the Reckoning, this is when Crockdesce *hurr* invades Earth.

And for Roxy and Dirk it is now three years after Jane failing to enter the Medium, and they are communicating through time.

Man I don't even know if any of this is a correct assumption and I just gave myself a migraine.
So are you saying that the battlefield's going to be earth instead of Skaia?

Makes sense to me.

I wonder where John & company will emerge into the next universe. Into the session, or into Earth?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is exactly what I'd hoped would happen :allears:

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Lady of the Beech posted:

So are you saying that the battlefield's going to be earth instead of Skaia?

Makes sense to me.

I wonder where John & company will emerge into the next universe. Into the session, or into Earth?

Dude, I don't KNOW what I'm saying is the thing here. These are just like, my guesses on this unholy ball of knots that is a story. God it's like Waterworld all over again.

Earth becoming a battlefield, the Incipisphere from the last session carried by the B1 kids becoming the NEW one with Earth as part of it, maybe the four other player slots don't correspond to the B1 kids at all and they're trolls!

It is an omniglot of seussian proportion oh look there goes my appropriate vocabularium.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

It's been at least implied that the meteor group (Rose, Dave, and the trolls) will head directly into the session from the Furthest Ring, but I don't think Jade or John have mentioned which they're headed for, if they even know. Maybe there's going to be an intermission and they'll find out?

I really can't believe that theory was true, what the hell. I entertained it as a vague possibility but I didn't think it would be real.

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 8, 2012

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Noooooooo, Poppopsprite :( I wanted to see Poppopsprite and Nannasprite meet.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Wait wait WAIT.

11/11/11.

Rebranding day.

Oh my GOOOOOOOOD. It is hitting me in the face so hard now if you measured the PSI from that punch to my jaw it could crush diamonds into absolutely gently caress WHO CARES. Pretty extensive rebranding, yeah, when it turns out it makes the ENTIRE PLANET EARTH GO ALL CAKES AND GUY FIERI.

EDIT: All the spoons turning into forks was a declaration of war.

Ass-Haggis fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 8, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Miracon posted:

Noooooooo, Poppopsprite :( I wanted to see Poppopsprite and Nannasprite meet.

Maybe he'll be prototyped in the medium, if Jane actually gets there.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

rear end-Haggis posted:

Wait wait WAIT.

11/11/11.

Rebranding day.

Oh my GOOOOOOOOD. It is hitting me in the face so hard now if you measured the PSI from that punch to my jaw it could crush diamonds into absolutely gently caress WHO CARES. Pretty extensive rebranding, yeah, when it turns out it makes the ENTIRE PLANET EARTH GO ALL CAKES AND GUY FIERI.

EDIT: All the spoons turning into forks was a declaration of war.

It's pretty sad when you realize all of the subliminal poo poo getting fed to Jane and likely to every other human on the planet was just brainwashing them to go down without a fight when 2x3prong day came around.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Maybe he'll be prototyped in the medium, if Jane actually gets there.

Nope, he's floating around in space outside Post-Rebranding Earth, thanks to GCat.

Also Jane's entry may be connected with her dreamself doing the Lifey thing, since the blue aura involved in both was the same.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Nope, he's floating around in space outside Post-Rebranding Earth, thanks to GCat.

Also Jane's entry may be connected with her dreamself doing the Lifey thing, since the blue aura involved in both was the same.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. I think the blue aura here was a little darker though.

I just started rereading act 6 just now, and:

quote:

Your name is JANE. As was previously mentioned, you are poised for an ELITE OPPORTUNITY to test the SBURB ALPHA. It is so elite in fact, you are the only of your kind invited to playtest!

What does this mean? That she is the only human in the world invited to playtest the game? That there are already races besides humans? (IE: trolls, prospitians, dersites)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Oh yeah, confirmation of the future scenario yields a pretty definite answer to another minor question: Roxy needed to steal vegetables because she was living on chessboard Sealand. No local sources of fresh food, perhaps no food at all if you're avoiding Crocker products. I wonder what Dirk was surviving on. Did he get deliveries? Did he have robots diving for bottles of ancient preservative-rich orange soda?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe he fished a lot.

"Where did Jane go?" will be the next "Jade is falling" cliffhanger, huh?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

OK fine, so Roxy and Dirk (and probably Jake) really are from the flooded-out, un-Reckoned future. :colbert:

It did kind of look like Jane still got into the Medium somehow, we just aren't sure exactly what happened there, or when (or if) the other three kids will even be able to get in at all.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Interesting flash...

Those weird growing red tower things are neat. Not sure who is living in them. The Trollqueen didn't bring any trolls with her, as far as we know.

Also not sure what to make of Roxy's chessboard living situation, though. Detention camps for the remaining living humans?

So Dirk, Jane and Jake (was attacked by Dirk's robot and his island is full of Alternian wildlife) are indeed years ahead in the future aren't they.

Don't think Jake is in the future. We've seen him outside before, and while his island is really vine-covered, it's still an island. The 'years in the future, but not many' version of his island had everything but the top of the frog temple under water.

The roles of UU and uu are starting to make sense to me now. I don't think they live on Alternia, they're living on the Condesce's Earth

This could be possible. Apparently the apocalypse wasn't as bad on this version of Earth. It doesn't explain how UU and uu have access to 'historical records' about both sets of kids, though. Remains to be seen.

and they may quite possibly be sharing their session with the B2 kids. One of them could be the hero of Space, since none of the B2 kids have that aspect and it is essential to a successful Sburb session.

I'm assuming what's going on with 'none of the B2 kids being Space' is that Paradox Space 'knows' that the B1 kids are going to show up and join the session (8-planet Frog Temple, no prototyping towers on new versions of Derse and Prospit), and thus hasn't worried about assigning a Space hero, because it 'knows' Jade will be here soon.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's all coming together. I suddenly understand jack poo poo.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

dumb brunette posted:

but I don't think Jade or John have mentioned which they're headed for, if they even know. Maybe there's going to be an intermission and they'll find out?
They're presumably going to come out wherever B2's Fourth Wall is. In which case the options are:

1. B2 Jack's Cubicle of Vigilance (if it still has it. We see the cubicle in [S] Prince of Heart: Rise Up, but only three walls of it. The fourth might just have been offscreen). The nice thing about this theory is that it makes everyone meeting up fairly simple: John, Jade, Davesprite, etc. are headed towards B2 Derse; Rose, Dave and the Trolls are also headed towards B2 Derse. Not that anything in Homestuck is that simple, but oh well.

2. Mirroring B1, B2 Jade's laboratory on oh wait that got blown up didn't it.

3. One of Roxy's collection of windows?

4. miscellaneous

But yeah, that turned into a pretty scary flash. And chalk me up for the "hahaha that 'Dirk and Roxy are in the future' theory is so silly WAIT WHAT" club.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 8, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Bobulus posted:

This could be possible. Apparently the apocalypse wasn't as bad on this version of Earth. It doesn't explain how UU and uu have access to 'historical records' about both sets of kids, though. Remains to be seen.

I'm assuming what's going on with 'none of the B2 kids being Space' is that Paradox Space 'knows' that the B1 kids are going to show up and join the session (8-planet Frog Temple, no prototyping towers on new versions of Derse and Prospit), and thus hasn't worried about assigning a Space hero, because it 'knows' Jade will be here soon.

That was my other theory, discounting UU and uu until I knew more about them.

I assume UU and uu have, through Trollian and the Alternian internet, access to documents like Rose's walkthrough.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, it seems really clear to me Jake isn't in the future since there's a shot of the frog temple and volcano submerged in the ocean ... and possibly serving as Glb'golyb's new home :stare:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

dumb brunette posted:

Yeah, it seems really clear to me Jake isn't in the future since there's a shot of the frog temple and volcano submerged in the ocean ... and possibly serving as Glb'golyb's new home :stare:

Yeah, I forgot about that detail and didn't take it into account.

I thought Glb'golyb died on A2 alternia with the rest of the planet?

EDIT: Also, the very beginning of Act 6 shows UU "playing" Jane so UU definitely has access to at least her history.

Lady of the Beech fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 8, 2012

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah, I forgot about that detail and didn't take it into account.

I thought Glb'golyb died on A2 alternia with the rest of the planet?

So did all of the other lusii, but that doesn't stop them from being on Butler Island to chase Jake around!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Thundarr posted:

So did all of the other lusii, but that doesn't stop them from being on Butler Island to chase Jake around!

It seemed somewhat apparent to me that while they were the same kinds, they weren't the same lusii. I'm guessing they were all descended from survivors, or ectocloned or something?

So it seems to me that even if Glb'golyb is living there, she wouldn't be the same Glb'golyb and maybe a clone or descendant or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The object on Jane's entry card was a Tree, rather than an apple in John's case where the tee grew the apple, so I think Jane's entry item is like Dave's where you just have to wait and it activates itself. So I think she entered normally.

I think the position of Roxy's lab in the huge chessboard-like assortment of buildings corresponds with the location of the unsecured wifi terminal thing that Rose found in her Mom's lab way back when.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
And so after escaping the watchful eye of her protective father, followed by her exoskeleton-clad protector-slash-pet Sebastian, the heiress agreed to meet the sea witch and made a bargain so she might have a better chance at romancing the landdwelling boy she had her eye on.

Homestuck is turning into The Little Mermaid. Just watch.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Prison Warden posted:

The object on Jane's entry card was a Tree, rather than an apple in John's case where the tee grew the apple, so I think Jane's entry item is like Dave's where you just have to wait and it activates itself. So I think she entered normally.
Prediction: Dirk's item will be a bird rather than an egg, Roxy's item will be a shelf for wine bottles rather than an individual wine bottle, Jake's item will be another tree rather than a piñata.

The B1 kids are, after all, the ectobiological offspring of the B2 kids - even if the B1 kids came first.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Why was AR trying to prototype Poppop anyway? Did he really want to end up fighting Jane's grandfatherly paradox-son as a last boss? How much do the B2 kids even know about prototyping at this point?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So, Jane didn't get into the game right?
I'm going to tentatively assume that her house was teleported onboard the Battleship Condescension.

Looks like someone won a free trip to Mars!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't see why anyone assumes Jane didn't make it into the Medium. The effect around her house was much like what we saw in Jade: Enter, just prolonged. And then her house disappeared just like they do in entering the Medium.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
We don't have a definite answer to that since we didn't see where she went, but for now I'd still go with the assumption that she made it in. Regular teleportation (as by appearifier, transportalizer, etc.) seems a lot more instantaneous and a lot less flashy, and if possible the Condesce would probably not have taken Jane's house along.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

If anything there's a suggestion that Jake doesn't get into the Medium, since the volcano is still on Earth in the future. However, that doesn't rule out him getting in some other way, or the idea that maybe his ruined house does go and the volcano stays behind because he's not a Hero of Space and doesn't need a Forge.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I recall a hussie post somewhere, possibly talking about Jade:enter, where he mentioned that the entry item conditions for each successive player were programmed to get harder. So Johns apple was easy, rose had to chase her bottle a bit, dave had to deal with hatching that loving egg while under attack from a giant meteor and an enormous feathery rear end in a top hat, and jade had to destroy an explosive bec pinyata under nearly impossible conditions.

Just saying Jane is in the medium.

Congratulations to those of you who figured out the Dirk and Roxy live in the future thing. I was skeptical all the way.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think all the entry items have to do with the player's aspect in some way. Dave had to wait on his egg, Rose had to trust to luck and jump off a waterfall, Jade had to hit exactly where the pinata was, Jane's is a tree, a living thing. The only thing is John doesn't really fit with this theory and some of these, like Rose, are kind of a stretch.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Prison Warden posted:

I think all the entry items have to do with the player's aspect in some way. Dave had to wait on his egg, Rose had to trust to luck and jump off a waterfall, Jade had to hit exactly where the pinata was, Jane's is a tree, a living thing. The only thing is John doesn't really fit with this theory and some of these, like Rose, are kind of a stretch.

All I can think of is that the apple ties into Genesis somehow, with the fruit of the tree of knowledge being John's apple, but I'm having trouble articulating how that relates to being the Heir of Breath apart from Breath's spiritual connotations.

Also, fantastic update. Congratulations to everyone who called Dirk and Roxy living in the future, although 11/11/11 being the day when the Condesce actually invades was a bit of a surprise.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well Manicured Man posted:

All I can think of is that the apple ties into Genesis somehow, with the fruit of the tree of knowledge being John's apple, but I'm having trouble articulating how that relates to being the Heir of Breath apart from Breath's spiritual connotations.
I seem to remember Hussie saying once that it tied into how John's personal quest being about loss of innocence and gaining knowledge?

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
Did the Condesce's ship actually destroy the meteor before it could hit Jane? I've watched it a few times and it doesn't seem clear. Her house disappearing is what causes the crater and just before that the meteor looks really close before the ship is suddenly there instead.

Well Manicured Man posted:

So is Jane's tree the tree of life instead?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
The way I'm reading it, there never was any meteor; it was all just the ship entering the atmosphere and I guess generating a lot of heat around its amazing sci-fi energy shield or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

The way I'm reading it, there never was any meteor; it was all just the ship entering the atmosphere and I guess generating a lot of heat around its amazing sci-fi energy shield or whatever.

Yes, and the meteor glimpsed back when we first caught a glimpse of Dirk was probably the approaching Drones. It's a pretty canny switch-up, I think.

Also I just realized: we've gone from The Postman to Waterworld. Kevin Costner: the most subtle of Homestuck's Terrible Movie Influences.