Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He said in interviews that Turbo was when he realized that maybe he could, y'know, act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

"I'm a frog." :smith:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I watched Forever Red again today for the first time in years. Putting aside the obvious flaws that are laid at the feet of Bandai, I think if I was an editor for Power Rangers that I would have wanted the villain leader Beetleborg to turn out to be a disguise for Psycho Red. That way, you would have gotten the one evil red ranger in, and it's also a very Psycho Red thing to do to manipulate the Machine Empire into digging up Serpentera just so he could wipe out all the red rangers.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, time for a new villain apparently!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Huh. Didn't know that mechagodzilla was a convertible.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I feel like garbage, so no new vid today. Sorry!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

I feel like garbage, so no new vid today. Sorry!

You are garbage!

Beautiful, perfect garbage that is unfairly tossed out when in reality it was something precious and should have been treated better

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I feel like garbage

[Gaiark interest intensifies]

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, it is the time when they get new zords.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, it is the time when they get new zords.

The Turbo Rescue zords were extremely my poo poo as a kid. Transforming zords that combined into a megazord that actually looked really cool? Hell yes. If it had gotten a sixth zord upgrade, it'd probably be my number 1 to this day.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, Cassie gets stoned.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This felt like a MMPR season 2 episode. I like that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, the team squares off against Metal Mangler.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I love how they throw away a monster costume for a cheap gag.

I especially love how it's made out of a monster that didn't even appear in the Sentai series but Toei made promotional shots of anyway.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait...if the point of the magnet was to affect Divatox's space base because they couldn't get in while its shields were up...why did it only work while her shields were down? If it was only going to be useful in that situation, why didn't they just...storm the base...as they planned to if the shield wasn't there?

This wasn't very well thought-out, was it?

Also I find it hilarious how, in a series where the main villain was obsessed with "detonators", a box of explosives got turned into batteries for some reason.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Craptacular! posted:

I love how they throw away a monster costume for a cheap gag.

I especially love how it's made out of a monster that didn't even appear in the Sentai series but Toei made promotional shots of anyway.

You're talking about that one that looks like Mazinger Z right, cause they had to replace that one for legal reasons

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Owns:

loving Owns:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've really been enjoying the Go Go comic more than the main line lately. Beyond the Grid is....fine. But I don't really care about a lot of the rangers in it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The ending of this hints at an a new origin for Alpha that does not involve the long-gone Masked Rider rights.

It may also be an early appearance by the Machine Empire, because their cogwheel motif is visible behind Another-Alpha.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 16, 2019

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

jivjov posted:

I've really been enjoying the Go Go comic more than the main line lately. Beyond the Grid is....fine. But I don't really care about a lot of the rangers in it.

Same here, the zord fight thing they did in the last Beyond the Grid was kind of a mess and not really interesting.

e: Also I think It's Alpha 4, reprogrammed by the machine Empire like the post above me says or maybe he's gone self-aware/Skynet or something like that

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 16, 2019

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
One of the things Zeo sort of had to gently step around was the simple truth that they were blowing up a whole army of robots, while their ally at headquarters was also a robot. If an earlier Alpha betrayed Zordon to join King Mondo, it wouldn't be insane. (It would also make 5's determination to stick with the good guys make more sense in context.)

I don't even know where to begin with what's going on in mainline. I can't stand cosmic DC/Marvel stuff too often, and the telepathy drive-you-to-madness stuff happening through this battle of some of the world's ugliest zords for the fate of this out-of-nowhere character is borderline nonsense. Like why is Cam secretly a soulless pit of despair now? About the only thing I enjoyed was Andros being called out for how much poo poo he's put people through for the sake of keeping his sister close.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Thanks for reminding me to read these comics, I was actually a whole two issues behind in Go Go, it seems.

I have absolutely no idea what was going on in the last MMPR. Zords appeared and...then it just got really messy and I got totally lost, also drama and they did nothing? Not very well-written, I hope it can go back to something a bit better paced soon enough. I don't mind the Beyond the Grid idea and until now I hadn't disliked the execution either but this issue was a mess and I do feel this should be its own spinoff instead of being in the main comic.

Go Go was a lot better. I love how much depth the characters have. Jason's whole "I didn't want to talk about it because it felt less real that way" with his dad's sickness resonated hard with me, having gone through the same not too long ago. Zack really enjoying his new colour and Billy having the best time of his life with his axe was amazing too, and thet Kim/Skull date was very well-written and genuinely makes Skull one of the best characters in the comic. The whole Baboo thing also greatly improves him in contrast with his one-note joke version in the original series, and Rita's cunning makes her a formidable foe I can fully take seriously.

I have nothing but praise for how Go Go is gohehing right now and I hope it keeps up this pace.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm loving Go Go, too. Again I wish for the world where it's all a runaway success and they did one for every series. Thrill to Toby's struggle to keep the Rock Porium (which is massively over-staffed, to be fair) afloat when a big box store moves into town!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Blaze Dragon posted:

Thanks for reminding me to read these comics, I was actually a whole two issues behind in Go Go, it seems.

I have absolutely no idea what was going on in the last MMPR. Zords appeared and...then it just got really messy and I got totally lost, also drama and they did nothing? Not very well-written, I hope it can go back to something a bit better paced soon enough. I don't mind the Beyond the Grid idea and until now I hadn't disliked the execution either but this issue was a mess and I do feel this should be its own spinoff instead of being in the main comic.

Go Go was a lot better. I love how much depth the characters have. Jason's whole "I didn't want to talk about it because it felt less real that way" with his dad's sickness resonated hard with me, having gone through the same not too long ago. Zack really enjoying his new colour and Billy having the best time of his life with his axe was amazing too, and thet Kim/Skull date was very well-written and genuinely makes Skull one of the best characters in the comic. The whole Baboo thing also greatly improves him in contrast with his one-note joke version in the original series, and Rita's cunning makes her a formidable foe I can fully take seriously.

I have nothing but praise for how Go Go is gohehing right now and I hope it keeps up this pace.

Near as I can figure the zord fight was a bunch of holograms floating around in space while a big red hologram made everyone feel bad. Then everyone left. It didn't accomplish anything.

Go Go is doing so drat good though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The 20 year challenge

https://twitter.com/TLCYellowRanger/status/1085912870934654978?s=19

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

POWER RANGERS BATTLE FOR THE GRID LEAKED FOR NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4 & XBOX ONE

Looks like we're getting a console version of Legacy Wars. I'm actually kind of interested in that. Loved the gameplay of the mobile game, but the lag and monetization turned me off of it. It's got some awesome fighting game fundamentals, but with a super low execution barrier.

quote:

For over 25 years Power Rangers has been one of the most popular franchises in the world. As a perennial Top 10 NPD Action Brand, the globally renowned brand has spawned hit TV shows, movies, toys, comics, live entertainment and games. Today, nWay, the developer and publisher behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, the hit multiplayer mobile game with over 45 million downloads, is partnering with Hasbro and global content leader Lionsgate to announce Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. The new cross-platform fighting game will be available as a digital download for $19.99 first on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019, and then as a PC release later in the year.

The game is now available for pre-order at https://www.battleforthegrid.com with those ordering prior to launch receiving an exclusive bonus of the Green Ranger V2 character skin and a digital art book. In addition, a special Digital Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order for $39.99, which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can already play as the power Ryu in super smash Bros

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Mirror for the leaked trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tGSDX0J1HE

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is it for sure a console/pc port of Legacy Wars? I'm interested in actually playing it, but got kinda worried that he title meant it was a different, new game that could be not as good

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah, all that monetized ‘future content’ makes this a hard pass for me. Spend twice as much and you’ll get a story mode! I realize it’s now industry practice to ship half finished games and then use distribution stores as your crowdfunding platform, but I’m not going to support it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is it for sure a console/pc port of Legacy Wars? I'm interested in actually playing it, but got kinda worried that he title meant it was a different, new game that could be not as good

I mean, it literally says "new cross-platform fighting game".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want that sick Sentai shirt.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its a port of the mobile game. I played it, before they ruined it, and those are the exact same models and animations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If it’s just literally the same game on consoles no thanks. I’ve put a lot of hours into the mobile game, while it’s pretty fun, it’s pretty shallow and kicks you in the balls real hard when you hit the paywall. If they made that game with a little more depth and no monetization it’d be real fun.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
They’re re-using the Legacy Wars models, but it shouldn’t be a port of it’s mechanics.

I’d give it a try if the monetization didn’t scare me away.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I want that sick Sentai shirt.

You and me both. Once you get past blue and red, though, those shirts get a lot less full.

"Check out my sick Orange Super Sentai shirt! There's Battle Cossack twice, and uh SasoriOrange."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On that spirit, there's always these MMPR covers

to...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

On that spirit, there's always these MMPR covers

to...

I want that Purple cover as a Poster.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, nothing is real.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This is the one Turbo episode I actually remember from being a little kid. I'm not sure why.

Not well enough to have remembered how weird that "two monsters in one day" line was when the episode clearly spans two separate days, though.