Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I did a round of poe and pulled an intellect discipline desolate chest from the package or whatever. Now I have a full set of int/disc desolate on my titan without spending a dollar lol. I'm debating on infusing it up and using it as my main armour set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
They have added very few mask to this year event. And the bags don' seems to have mask anymore. Is strange, but for normal players theres nothing to do in this year halloween event. Once you have completed the two quest, the event falls dead... you get limited to farm to jackolites.

What happened? They had good ideas with this event, but now it seems only exist to prey on people with a crippling gambling addiction (whales) and nothing for everyone else.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

They have added very few mask to this year event. And the bags don' seems to have mask anymore. Is strange, but for normal players theres nothing to do in this year halloween event. Once you have completed the two quest, the event falls dead... you get limited to farm to jackolites.

What happened? They had good ideas with this event, but now it seems only exist to prey on people with a crippling gambling addiction (whales) and nothing for everyone else.
Yeah it's weird that they took out the paper glue system, so they took out blue masks... Does Eva's mask inventory cycle every day? If not the only way to get more masks is to spend money?

Weird.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tei posted:

yeah two quests (although I guess you might want to do the one quest one each character)

4 shaders- three are rng drops

I guess you could grind out candy bags for Eva, to purchase masks from last year you didn't get or save

and then nothing but the microtransactions

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hahahah I'm definitely rocking the full taken set, I just watched YouTube videos of people opening dozens of sterling treasures they bought and not getting a full set :whatup:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is rodeo still bad? i actually got a waltz from my package but its sureshot/hcr/hammer forged/rodeo. vendor one seems like its probably better

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
WOAH drat I GOT A MATADOR 64 WOOP WOOP

Lightweight
Injection Mold
Smallbore

:negative:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hilarious use of rape to describe video game playing by a time traveler from 2005

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Awesome! posted:

is rodeo still bad? i actually got a waltz from my package but its sureshot/hcr/hammer forged/rodeo. vendor one seems like its probably better

As far as I remember, Rodeo either does nothing or does the inverse of CB, i.e. flattens the up-down recoil but also increases left-right recoil. I'm not sure if that's true but Rodeo generally seems like an undesirable perk in most scenarios.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't have the graph somebody posted, but Rodeo just decreases the total recoil. Direction stays the same, just slightly less kick then before.

IIRC

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rolling over packages on all my characters tonight. just got a last ditch with smooth ballistics/snapshot/hammerforged/final round

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Awesome! posted:

final round

The best use of this is sprint-breaking reload and keeping only a couple shells loaded at any given time but Final Round on a follow-up shot is noticable.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

The best use of this is sprint-breaking reload and keeping only a couple shells loaded at any given time but Final Round on a follow-up shot is noticable.

Yeah i like to just chamber the final round it. It's dirty. But also cool.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Only had 2 matador drops so far second was full auto /reinforced or rifled / final round. It is pretty dirty and void damage too so great for the raid.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Akuma posted:

Yeah it's weird that they took out the paper glue system, so they took out blue masks... Does Eva's mask inventory cycle every day? If not the only way to get more masks is to spend money?

Weird.

I have bough myself two of these crates. They all have poo poo.

They don't want the money of people like me, that buy two crates and stop spending.

They want the money of that single mom that recently had their mother die and is suffering a depression and buy a lot of crates has a way to fill a void in his life. People that would sink $200 on this type of poo poo, even if they can't pay the rent.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can't put a price on uploading the image of you using the ghost and getting upvotes on reddit!!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

texaholic posted:

great for the raid.

What non-WotM weapons do people bring to the raid?

I've been using outbreak prime for Vosik pt 1 & 2 (I empty an extended mag raid machine gun into him first). I guess a full auto void shotgun would be pretty great for captains in that scenario, I don't have a class-agnostic approach. Apparently youtube nerds are saying black spindles are top tier DPS for that fight. It'd be worth it to limit pt 2 to a couple DPS phases.

As was mentioned upthread the new siege engine hotness is to hang back and kill 2.5 waves of captains before starting to carry items. Raid machine guns were tailor-made for wrecking walkers.

Raze-lighter for captains on Aksis pt 1? I have been sticking with dark-drinker, I had a little trouble on my warlock/hunter but I think that's less the weapon and more me not knowing how to play a lower armor value character. Dark-drinker for pt 2. :getin:

Tei posted:

I have bough myself two of these crates. They all have poo poo.

They don't want the money of people like me, that buy two crates and stop spending.

They want the money of that single mom that recently had their mother die and is suffering a depression and buy a lot of crates has a way to fill a void in his life. People that would sink $200 on this type of poo poo, even if they can't pay the rent.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM SILVER INTO DESTINY. IT’S BECAUSE MY MOM DIED AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START OPENING THE PACKAGES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN VENDOR, TESS.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 27, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I traded using my Devils Dawn in the raid for my full auto Matador instead. OP is doing plenty of dps on bosses in conjunction with the raid machine gun, and I found myself not really using my secondary. Full auto Matador wrecks captains, and mine isn't even void.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm down on shotguns only because it can't reach the boss. I go either snipes or fusion.

I mean you're in a bad place if you're relying on a fusion for boss damage, but sometimes you're running on empty and gotta do something. :colbert:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

xzzy posted:

I'm down on shotguns only because it can't reach the boss. I go either snipes or fusion.

I mean you're in a bad place if you're relying on a fusion for boss damage, but sometimes you're running on empty and gotta do something. :colbert:

I believe heavy ammo, supers and Outbreak Prime can get you a raid success even if somebody with good aim and a good impact sniper could maybe outdps you. The raid is not about DPS, is not a dps check, not for players level 390+.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've been using Raze-Lighter for captains and Devil's Dawn for bosses. Might switch to the raid sniper now that its light is high enough. Primary is a heaviest-archetype scout with explosive rounds.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Is there a decent vendor pulse rifle, or similarly easy to get one for PVP? Just trying to do the stupid pulse rifles kills quest and am having a terrible time with mine. Don't normally use pulses so don't have a perfect roll counterbalance or anything.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Remember when they replaced Tess with an ATM? Lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

E-Money posted:

Is there a decent vendor pulse rifle, or similarly easy to get one for PVP? Just trying to do the stupid pulse rifles kills quest and am having a terrible time with mine. Don't normally use pulses so don't have a perfect roll counterbalance or anything.

The B29 Party Favor from the crucible vendor will work.

If you're not a crucible all star and hosed by SBMM you could try the parthian shot from the vanguard.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Party Favor has a really small mag which sucks, especially if you end up with Smallbore or Braced Frame. Its pretty untenable.

In order from easy-to-hard to get:

1. The Waltz - The vendor roll is OK, but not great (SteadyHand / Lightweight / Perfect Balance / Rangefinder). I really like my smallbore / hcr / counterbalance one. I switch between it and a grasp as my go-to primaries.
2. B-29 Party Favor - The vendor roll is OK, but not great (OEG / Partial Refund / Smallbore / Glass Half Full) - this is a hawksaw archetype, which I think is a little more forgiving but there are a lot of guns in the pool for crucible packages and it'll be hard to get a better one.
3. Hopscotch Pilgrim - This archetype isn't as good as the faster firing ones but it seems pretty common to see them drop after Crucible matches and the base stats are really good. I think this is an underrated archetype for most players because of those base stats.
3. PDX-45 - You can either get these from rank up packages with the gunsmith or when he sells them. You probably want to have a package for these.
4. Hawksaw - Can you even get these from crucible rank up packages anymore? I have no idea. I know you can get them from legendary primary engrams but I've probably seen that happen like once total.
5. Grasp of Malok - god roll on this is probably the best pulse rifle in the game right now. Only drops from Omnigul strike skeleton key chests
6. Aegis of the Reef - Hawksaw / PDX archetype. Only available from House of Judgment rep packages
7. Blind Perdition - only drops after the 7th win in trials or from the lighthouse chest. Another hawksaw archetype, the stat options are numerous and its a really good gun and I want one :(

Pretty sure the parthian shot (vanguard) is the super slow archetype so I would ignore it. They suck. The only exotic pulse rifle I'd recommend touching would be Bad Juju, which is the hawksaw archetype. Good gun with a cool exotic perk and it looks awesome (the new RNG ornaments look rad too).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What about Clever Dragon?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

haveblue posted:

What about Clever Dragon?

It's impossible to get right now so it's number 8 I guess

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

I would appreciate this kind of effort post for scout rifles.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Mida

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

thanks!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What's the skinny on 94 impact hand cannons? I've been having fun with a lingering song but it seems like it's always a three shot kill even if I land consecutive headshots. Is that just how the archetype works or is there a roll on one of the other guns in the class that makes it a two-tap?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Menstrual Show posted:

Party Favor has a really small mag which sucks, especially if you end up with Smallbore or Braced Frame. Its pretty untenable.

In order from easy-to-hard to get:

1. The Waltz - The vendor roll is OK, but not great (SteadyHand / Lightweight / Perfect Balance / Rangefinder). I really like my smallbore / hcr / counterbalance one. I switch between it and a grasp as my go-to primaries.
2. B-29 Party Favor - The vendor roll is OK, but not great (OEG / Partial Refund / Smallbore / Glass Half Full) - this is a hawksaw archetype, which I think is a little more forgiving but there are a lot of guns in the pool for crucible packages and it'll be hard to get a better one.
3. Hopscotch Pilgrim - This archetype isn't as good as the faster firing ones but it seems pretty common to see them drop after Crucible matches and the base stats are really good. I think this is an underrated archetype for most players because of those base stats.
3. PDX-45 - You can either get these from rank up packages with the gunsmith or when he sells them. You probably want to have a package for these.
4. Hawksaw - Can you even get these from crucible rank up packages anymore? I have no idea. I know you can get them from legendary primary engrams but I've probably seen that happen like once total.
5. Grasp of Malok - god roll on this is probably the best pulse rifle in the game right now. Only drops from Omnigul strike skeleton key chests
6. Aegis of the Reef - Hawksaw / PDX archetype. Only available from House of Judgment rep packages
7. Blind Perdition - only drops after the 7th win in trials or from the lighthouse chest. Another hawksaw archetype, the stat options are numerous and its a really good gun and I want one :(

Pretty sure the parthian shot (vanguard) is the super slow archetype so I would ignore it. They suck. The only exotic pulse rifle I'd recommend touching would be Bad Juju, which is the hawksaw archetype. Good gun with a cool exotic perk and it looks awesome (the new RNG ornaments look rad too).

I'm mostly on board with this post but with some slight tweaks.

Step one: Go FWC and spam packages. Xur is in tomorrow so buy a poo poo ton of heavy and just mash rank ups for Waltz's. This is the roll you want (or smallbore like mentioned). One down side are the sights. Really meh compared the red dot sights from Y1/2 guns. Still though, this thing shreds and is a fantastic meta-fitting weapon. The vendor roll is straight up garbage. Don't waste your marks. The plus side to mashing FWC rank ups is you'll probably get some really fun Wounded rolls that are pretty awesome for PvE workhorse stuff.

Step 2: Do your weekly strikes and hope for a strike key but dont waste time just farming strikes for keys. That poo poo is unfun and Destiny has plenty of fun things to do. If you get a strike key only spend them on Omni. Rolls you're looking for are red dot sights (OAS hhhnnnngggg) and stability perks that don't sack range. [insert Rasheed noises here]. Here's okay not perfect roll.

Step 3: Get all 3 of your characters to the point they can pick up Gunsmith packages. Most of his guns are garbage now but the day he has a PDX ticket get one on all your characters. Sit on orders until you get something along the lines of this. The god roll is going to be SPO19, Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel.

Step 4: Knock out your Prison of Elders bounties in the matchmade easy ones. Every few weeks you'll rank up and get a package. Pray for an Aegis (or a SS but not the purpose of this post). Don't grind out rank ups. poo poo is super unfun. Aegis can get the good Y1 red dot sights and has a lot of native stability and great recoil so CB isn't a must. The down side is the mag size is small (21 in this example). Pick'em is Smallbore.

These are the easy ones. I wouldn't sweat over stuff like Blind Perdition (good but with only 1 or 2 weeks of good Trials left I wouldn't bother) or Hawksaws (which still drop from engram decrypts).

Step 5: Pray for IB bounty packages containing Clever Dragons or an IB that has Dragons as drops. Dragons are the new obtainable meta but rely on the event being live.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 27, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poor life choice posted:

MIDA is literally it. Everything else is a disadvantage in anything that resembles a competitive match.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's a two tap if you have LiTC or final round. But so are the 81 impact ones tbh

The class is worthless in PvP without it, and still pretty worthless unless you get a perfect roll. Lingering song is light years better than Ill Will.

If you're mad pro a final round Judith with Reinforced Barrel will let you reliably 2 shot every 1v1.

My Lingering Song was a god gun for the first few days of banner because I was 2 shotting dudes with body shot LitC shot or without LitC and a double tap to the head, but that's because it was 387 when dudes were legitimate sub 360 light.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I just realized I never finished the exotic sword quest. With light levels these days would this be too much of a hassle solo? I know there is a part where you have to kill three enemies really quickly, but I didn't know if I could just Gjallarhorn my way through it.

I would probably go for Dark Drinker if it matters.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pandanaut posted:

I just realized I never finished the exotic sword quest. With light levels these days would this be too much of a hassle solo? I know there is a part where you have to kill three enemies really quickly, but I didn't know if I could just Gjallarhorn my way through it.

roaming supers work better for speed

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The class is worthless in PvP without it, and still pretty worthless unless you get a perfect roll. Lingering song is light years better than Ill Will.

Worthless in sweats probably, but in chill crucible it does okay. But it is annoying to land two headshots and have a target with a sliver of health, so would be even more fun if I could get a roll that fixed that.

It's fun in team shoot situations, lingering song won't get the kill but it hits hard enough to make life easy on your bros. Kind of why I liked colovance's duty too, I'm just a team player.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm mostly on board with this post but with some slight tweaks.

Step one: Go FWC and spam packages. Xur is in tomorrow so buy a poo poo ton of heavy and just mash rank ups for Waltz's. This is the roll you want (or smallbore like mentioned). One down side are the sights. Really meh compared the red dot sights from Y1/2 guns. Still though, this thing shreds and is a fantastic meta-fitting weapon. The vendor roll is straight up garbage. Don't waste your marks. The plus side to mashing FWC rank ups is you'll probably get some really fun Wounded rolls that are pretty awesome for PvE workhorse stuff.

Step 2: Do your weekly strikes and hope for a strike key but dont waste time just farming strikes for keys. That poo poo is unfun and Destiny has plenty of fun things to do. If you get a strike key only spend them on Omni. Rolls you're looking for are red dot sights (OAS hhhnnnngggg) and stability perks that don't sack range. [insert Rasheed noises here]. Here's okay not perfect roll.

Step 3: Get all 3 of your characters to the point they can pick up Gunsmith packages. Most of his guns are garbage now but the day he has a PDX ticket get one on all your characters. Sit on orders until you get something along the lines of this. The god roll is going to be SPO19, Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel.

Step 4: Knock out your Prison of Elders bounties in the matchmade easy ones. Every few weeks you'll rank up and get a package. Pray for an Aegis (or a SS but not the purpose of this post). Don't grind out rank ups. poo poo is super unfun. Aegis can get the good Y1 red dot sights and has a lot of native stability and great recoil so CB isn't a must. The down side is the mag size is small (21 in this example). Pick'em is Smallbore.

These are the easy ones. I wouldn't sweat over stuff like Blind Perdition (good but with only 1 or 2 weeks of good Trials left I wouldn't bother) or Hawksaws (which still drop from engram decrypts).

Step 5: Pray for IB bounty packages containing Clever Dragons or an IB that has Dragons as drops. Dragons are the new obtainable meta but rely on the event being live.

pro post, posting buddy! :hf:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pandanaut posted:

That part is a pain but it's not too hard if you wear them all down to a sliver first and then go to town with supers or heavy. I'm not sure what the exact window for the kills is but it's less than ten seconds.

Don't run the strike with pubbies, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There is no reason to be using a 94 impact hand cannon in normalized or close light level crucible when the vendor Palindrome is available.

For every clean up kill you get solely because of the 94 impact being slightly stronger then the 81, I'd bet you leave 3 dudes absolute and lose that many 1v1s because you're using the slowest TTK gun available.

• Locked thread