Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The mine was good enough for my daddy and his daddy and by god it's good enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Mike Huckabee isn't going to let his son's dog torture incident define his life. If he sees an opportunity for a poop dog joke he's gonna make it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol, someone tell them Horatio Alger isn't real.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Actually it's cool, if I lose my health insurance under the AHCA I'll be able to afford a new plan thanks to my new job coal mining, which definitely does not cause an incurable fatal disease that my poo poo insurance plan won't even pretend to cover.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

The mine was good enough for my daddy and his daddy and by god it's good enough for me

I like the miners who don't get black lung :smug:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Egbert Souse posted:

While we're bringing back coal mining jobs, let's also bring back jobs for bloodletters, Linotype operators, and ice fishers.

With the proposed healthcare bill the loblolly business if fixing to boom.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Alan Smithee posted:

like imagine george bush and 2 live crew getting into it back in the day

Al Gore's wife certainly got into it with them; she's the reason we have that "Explicit Lyrics" label on albums now to let us know it's got a bunch of good songs on it

turn off the TV posted:

I don't even understand how anyone can look at a coal mine and think yeah, that's cool I want to eventually suffocate as my lungs cease to function.

Just get a job fracking or something, it pays like 30-40 dollars an hour.

the real issue here is that the coal mining industry propped up whole loving regions and is now dying so people can't move to new jobs because their houses ain't worth poo poo (because the coal industry is rapidly becoming irrelevant and nobody wants to live where's there no jobs) and that's all they really had to bank on. and if you dare tell these devastated regions "actually that job is rapidly ceasing to be relevant so we're going to have to retrain you both for new jobs and to attract new industry" then you're fighting against the politicians who have found it easier to just lie and say "we're going save your old jobs so loving hard!" which is just way way easier to hear.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 18, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol, someone tell them Horatio Alger isn't real.

Ragged Dick lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If we want to stay competitive in the technological, global marketplace we need to phase out old fashioned industries like coal mining and replace them with new, more advanced industries like Bitcoin mining.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There's a dude at work who has pro-coal bumper sticker like this one:

I keep wanting to add a sticker reading

"But what about..."

And just list all the other methods of generating power like that store in Cleveland that had a Browns QB jersey where they just added strips of tape with the name of the starting QB that second until the tape column was taller than a man and they just gave up.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

*struggling for breath in between each syllable*

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

We should prostitute the coal workers to incels, solves two problems at once

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

If we want to stay competitive in the technological, global marketplace we need to phase out old fashioned industries like coal mining and replace them with new, more advanced industries like Bitcoin mining.

They could build bitcoin mining data centers on site and power them by coal, cutting out transportation costs completely.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
"Global warming " will be solved by creating a new ozone layer of airborne carbon from all the loving coal well be mining and burning.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Blue Train posted:

If you watch old Tom and Jerry cartoons sometimes there will be coal deliveries, just a truck dumping coal out like a concrete mixer. It's much more efficient

My house has oil heat but I gotta figure even that is easier to transport/deliver and at least I don't gotta be home when the truck shows up

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
im gonna start a little cottage industry of small scale organic coal mines so my neighbors can all buy my free-range coal

it'll go right next to my bee hives, with a lil RC tonka excavator that has a nice little printed bird stencil perched on the fake lil exhaust chimney :3

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Lil Peeler posted:

I know Trump said that Germany had made out very well in its trade deals with us, but I just heard on NPR that we don't have any trade agreements with Germany or the EU?

Lol

Yeah the US-EU trade agreement floundered for a good while, was pretty much scuppered and when Tump ascended he made a big deal of firing a torpedo into the swirling waters.
And no, member states in the EU can't make separate trade agreements.

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide." (J.Adams)
"This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper." (T.S. Elliot)
“So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause” (G.Lucas)
"OMG Trump is POTUS, LMAO"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tumble posted:

im gonna start a little cottage industry of small scale organic coal mines so my neighbors can all buy my free-range coal

it'll go right next to my bee hives, with a lil RC tonka excavator that has a nice little printed bird stencil perched on the fake lil exhaust chimney :3

*is a 90 pound hipster*

dies the moment he steps in mine

roughnecks laugh and call me the canary

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
if i cant lease a C-Class Merc for 400/month (with 6999+tax and title, natch) in a year im gonna be SO MIGHTY CROSS WITH TRUMP

Alan Smithee posted:

*is a 90 pound hipster*

dies the moment he steps in mine

roughnecks laugh and call me the canary

"I got the blank lung"
*coughs up a homemade marshmallow*

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/samueloakford/status/842750506443427840

p. sure that's a war crime

Kumo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 18, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

We should deffo keep pissing off Great Britain though that'll work out well

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

haljordan posted:

We should deffo keep pissing off Great Britain though that’ll work out well
actually it’ll be totally fine, to be honest

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

haljordan posted:

Queen Elizabeth plz liberate us

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tumble posted:

You can be just like that Canadian guy who is excavating his basement with RC backhoes and transporting it out with RC trucks.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how the gently caress are coal miners a significant political force

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

You can be just like that Canadian guy who is excavating his basement with RC backhoes and transporting it out with RC trucks.

I don't know anything about that guy but he sounds like a serial murderer

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thathonkey posted:

how the gently caress are coal miners a significant political force

never underestimate the power of stupid people in numbers

luckily they are dying out, so let us expedite the process through oxy

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
like a dogg!!!!!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
nope florida closed down all it's pill mills so now coal miners just straight up do heroin

like inner city people

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tumble posted:

nope florida closed down all it's pill mills so now coal miners just straight up do heroin

like inner city people

Lol I miss the good ol days when it was still profitable as gently caress to pack a van full of junkies and drive from north dakota to a Florida pill mill and back with a bunch of oxys

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

never underestimate the power of stupid people in numbers

luckily they are dying out, so let us expedite the process through oxy

They've done that themselves if trumpcare ever gets passed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tumble posted:

like inner city people

Yea now that it's white people it's an opiate epidemic and a tragedy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there's like a baillion stories a day about opioid addiction on NPR now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Exactly

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
jeff sessions believes using marijuana is only one step removed from heroin addiction. lol.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

haljordan posted:

I don't know anything about that guy but he sounds like a serial murderer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pO6KycamI

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

thathonkey posted:

jeff sessions believes using marijuana is only one step removed from heroin addiction. lol.

Uhh it's a GATEWAY drug.

FACT: 100% of people that smoke the marijuana die from heroin.

edit: anyone that disagrees with me is just spreading FAKE NEWS

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

haljordan posted:

lol the british government would literally choke itself to death on americas dick if it had the chance, esp post brexit

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol this fool is in FL again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Moridin920 posted:

lol this fool is in FL again

He got humiliated by the mean German lady, he deserves some bigly time off.