Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I'm just glad there isn't gonna be a 3rd Bush Dynasty :cripes:

Now Clinton...

are we gonna see Chelsea Clinton run for president in 2030 if her mom wins?

She married a hedge fund manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

OctoberBlues posted:

The field to beat Trump in Nevada at +700 seems like a pretty decent bet considering the polling situation there.

the democratic polling was actually fairly good, but I'm unsure if there's wonkiness in the republican side that makes it significantly more irregular.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

etalian posted:

Jeb! was just like the tortoise and the hair parable from Aesop's fables.

Except in the Jeb! version the tortoise passed out after walking a few inches past the starting line.

More like the turtle from the Voight-Kampff test. Trump turned him over in the hot campaign sun. He can't right himself? Why aren't you helping him?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
I hope Rubio goes full anti-white and just starts campaigning in spanish

I need more chaos

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Lastgirl posted:

There's still George P. Bush.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

This is really nice, but unfortunately Hillary is around a -12 favorability right now, very far away from the typical +20 a winning candidate sits at.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

Of course, Obama is +8 right now, and should increase that number as it gets closer to the end of his term. He's the most popular national politician in the country right now.

His endorsement and convention speech (+ Bill Clinton's and Joe Biden's), plus people comparing Hillary to Trump, SHOULD be enough to lift Hillary to even ground and win the election.

Unless America has become Idiocracy, which is always a possibility.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

This is really nice, but unfortunately Hillary is around a -12 favorability right now, very far away from the typical +20 a winning candidate sits at.

Of course, Obama is +8 right now, and should increase that number as it gets closer to the end of his term. He's the most popular national politician in the country right now.

His endorsement and convention speech (+ Bill Clinton's and Joe Biden's), plus people comparing Hillary to Trump, SHOULD be enough to lift Hillary to even ground and win the election.

My gut instinct is that all of this is changing pretty dramatically, but I have no data to back that up.

I don't think Hillary Clinton's favorability at this particular moment in time actually matters. The corollary to that is that I think the same of any of the republican nominees.

Donald Trump.. may be the exception?? I don't know.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PeoplesVuePoint/status/701629768580501505

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

vrath posted:

I'm very pro trump, but something in the back of my mind, is telling me that these things I feel were felt in germany some time ago. Lemme push that down, aaaaaaand it's gone.

Don't worry, we have a place to send the Jews this time. That's progress!

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Don't forget Bernie's endorsement as well.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

They're fired?

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Photoshop

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Idiocracy is electing a career criminal because she's a woman.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jeb is a mess.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Boy this doesn't seem very smart...

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Nice try liberals

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

There's 1,000 of us for every one liberal poo poo-head who works in an office tower making six figures and telling themselves they know what's in our best interests.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
That picture is definitely a 'shop. And it's already been established that Trump has seen quite a few 'shops in his time.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
That's some Jeb-level Photoshop work right there.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lol at those fired people who just got trump more votes.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb4BFj1UYAEbs11?format=pjpg&name=large

Trumps rally tonight, a bit small for him.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

http://www.snopes.com/trump-tower-chicago-no/

Fake unfortunately. Somehow I doubt the type of people with such expensive office space would be inclined to do that, particularly with known slumlord Trumpenfuhrer holding the deed.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Cigar Aficionado posted:

where's obama +8? huffpo and rcp have him floating slightly underwater
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/obama-favorable-rating
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

i think the mean level of popularity for politicians is a lot lower these days than it used to be, but i don't have a link or anything to support that

on that note i'm kind of amused by how carson's favorability just cratered in november or so
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/carson_favorableunfavorable-5295.html

i guess that's one of the examples people who think favorables this far out from an election don't mean anything would point to

but obama's favorables will probably have a lot to do with the outcome of the election. i think his 2012 win ended a lot of truisms and streaks regarding presidential favorables, though. like i say, my conclusion is that people are just less favorable toward presidential candidates than they used to be

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Cabinet posted:

Jeb is a mess.

Jeb is a waste. Jeb is a big fat MISTAKE

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rocks posted:

Jeb is a waste. Jeb is a big fat MISTAKE

I am actually going to miss Jeb and his constant gently caress ups.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I've decided I want to Trump to win the nomination because it will lead to a Democratic victory in November. It's almost the same with Cruz.

Rubio, however, is a looming threat. Anyone else worried he'll take away some of the Latino vote from the left? Imagine how easy it would be to do a Latino-friendly campaign with pictures of his beautiful family and personal stories of immigration in his family's history. We need to remember how voters think. They love that poo poo, even if it goes against their self-interests.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

oystertoadfish posted:

where's obama +8? huffpo and rcp have him floating slightly underwater
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/obama-favorable-rating
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

i think the mean level of popularity for politicians is a lot lower these days than it used to be, but i don't have a link or anything to support that

on that note i'm kind of amused by how carson's favorability just cratered in november or so
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/carson_favorableunfavorable-5295.html

i guess that's one of the examples people who think favorables this far out from an election don't mean anything would point to

but obama's favorables will probably have a lot to do with the outcome of the election. i think his 2012 win ended a lot of truisms and streaks regarding presidential favorables, though. like i say, my conclusion is that people are just less favorable toward presidential candidates than they used to be

What year is it? Stop talking about Obama people. He's very busy bombing a wedding with his RC planes. He has no time for this thread.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cabinet posted:

I am actually going to miss Jeb and his constant gently caress ups.

I was hoping he would hold on at least to the middle of March.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Lastgirl posted:

Now Clinton...

are we gonna see Chelsea Clinton run for president in 2030 if her mom wins?

Chelsea is 36, has a 2 year old and is currently pregnant, and has so far shown no interest in running for political office. And why would she when she can live off her hedge fund husband as well as the massively inflated salary companies pay her (NBC News paid her 600k/per annum to be a "special correspondent"). She's also not particularly well liked, charismatic, or particularly public a figure. Considering her (future) extreme wealth, earning power, and connections, it seems more likely that she becomes a sort of Democratic power broker. Though she could probably easily become a U.S. Senator or Congresswoman at any point in the future, so who knows.

Unfortunately, we will definitely see the Bush Dynasty continue, as Jeb's 39 year old army vet/lawyer son recently became the democratically elected Land Commissioner of Texas, running on social issues and other Tea Party interests, for a position that has traditionally been pretty apolitical. We won't have to worry about him until at least 2028, though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Chelsea is 36, has a 2 year old and is currently pregnant, and has so far shown no interest in running for political office. And why would she when she can live off her hedge fund husband as well as the massively inflated salary companies pay her (NBC News paid her 600k/per annum to be a "special correspondent"). She's also not particularly well liked, charismatic, or particularly public a figure. Considering her (future) extreme wealth, earning power, and connections, it seems more likely that she becomes a sort of Democratic power broker. Though she could probably easily become a U.S. Senator or Congresswoman at any point in the future, so who knows.

Unfortunately, we will definitely see the Bush Dynasty continue, as Jeb's 39 year old army vet/lawyer son recently became the democratically elected Land Commissioner of Texas, running on social issues and other Tea Party interests, for a position that has traditionally been pretty apolitical. We won't have to worry about him until at least 2028, though.

The Clinton campaign used Chelsea as a catspaw for their various attack ideas against Bernie.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

etalian posted:

The Clinton campaign used Chelsea as a catspaw for their various attack ideas against Bernie.

gender violent to imply that a woman can't be entitled to her own opinion

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

AllanGordon posted:

gender violent to imply that a woman can't be entitled to her own opinion

I think Chelsea Clinton is entitled to enough already.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
rush used to make fun of her all the time and now the berniebros are saying she can't speak her mind about a presidential candidate.

disgraceful and misognyistic

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

etalian posted:

Chelsea as a catspaw

Neurosurgeons scream for more

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

hobbesmaster posted:

She married a hedge fund manager.

marrying a much richer person is my life goal, so good for her I guess

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://s1.webmshare.com/3rAdq.webm

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Did everyone see I stole back a Rubio delegate today? Art of the Deal people. It's so simple.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

This Hannity thing is so over-the-top. The intro to "Right Now" just like at the rallies, the Hannity dicksucking, the softball questions...

Jesus.

If you missed it:

https://youtu.be/BfCTYgCLAM0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Between this and finger-length reading for Trump I'm starting to believe in this stuff.

• Locked thread