Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
:nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Soak em in 1:1 pine-sol and water for a day or two. I haven't found anything else (other than carb cleaner, which is toxic and smelly and ruins rubber) that dissolves gasoline varnish as effectively.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Sagebrush posted:

Soak em in 1:1 pine-sol and water for a day or two. I haven't found anything else (other than carb cleaner, which is toxic and smelly and ruins rubber) that dissolves gasoline varnish as effectively.

That's exactly what they're soaking in now. I'm gonna give em a couple days.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Oh yeah, another relevant pic for the group ride.

Someone left us a present.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I ran it over :toot:

Barely felt it. It's amazing how stable motorcycles actually are when they're moving.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

pokie posted:

I went on a nice ride today with 4 other goons.

Bikes left to right in first photo are CursedShitBox's DRZ, my WR, Chichevache's ZRX, Sagebrush's Hawk GT, and Tactical Lesbian's V-Strom

Yours truly :P.

drat California goons having all the fun :argh:

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Deeters posted:

drat California goons having all the fun :argh:

If it makes you feel better, a bird pooped in my lap at the end of the ride :v. See white spot above the road on the photo.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

Super pretty. Where is that?

Central CA, north of Fresno, Auberry Road to Hwy 168. First one past Millerton Lake heading toward Prather, second on a back road toward Shaver Lake and then the last one from a vista point at the top of Hwy 168 before you get to Shaver.

Pokie, nice pics, wish I was a little closer!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

I ran it over :toot:

Barely felt it. It's amazing how stable motorcycles actually are when they're moving.

Me too! :hfive:

Good ride. I had fun.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Skreemer posted:

Here in the US, other than what comes in through "normal" manufacturers from Europe and Japan, we don't see much else. I know the Pulsar is made by Bajaj out of India, what's the reputation for the company where you are at?

Not too bad actually. They do own KTM. For me it was the combination of dirt cheap, avaliable parts and just the look of them.

I'll ride it for about 6 months and then move to either a MT-07 or something of that ilk.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Repostig CSB's pic

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

pokie posted:

I went on a nice ride today with 4 other goons.

Bikes left to right in first photo are CursedShitBox's DRZ, my WR, Chichevache's ZRX, Sagebrush's Hawk GT, and Tactical Lesbian's V-Strom

Yours truly :P.

I wanna go next time

I'm pretty slow and commutery tho

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

I wanna go next time

Thats fine. I'm slow as poo poo.

Lmao had to kickstart my POS all loving day while bitching about the starter. Yea rectifier took a dump. took 3 bikes and ~50,000mi to kill a FET rectifier. buuut i did put 560mi on it this weekend.

loving awesome ride with awesome people on awesome rides.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

A MIRACLE posted:

I wanna go next time

Yeah, no problem. I tend not to go more than 10mph over the speed limit.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

I wanna go next time

No problem, the more the merrier!

I found the ladder hit in my gopro footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_CXpHDga4

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

pokie posted:

Yeah, no problem. I tend not to go more than 10mph over the speed limit.
I want to go too too also, but I need to do things like "buy a bike" first.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

I wanna go next time

Trust me, it was a very leisurely pace. :) Come on out!

Also yes, was a great ride with good & cool goons.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Sweet! I don't recognize that part of PCH from the video, where did y'all ride?

I have band practice (lol) on Saturday morning but I'm otherwise free on the weekends

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

A MIRACLE posted:

Sweet! I don't recognize that part of PCH from the video, where did y'all ride?

I have band practice (lol) on Saturday morning but I'm otherwise free on the weekends

This is just north of Waddell beach. You can see the route map in the bay area thread.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Bought a '17 SV650A ABS, finally picked it up.

More: http://imgur.com/a/FyPDt

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

aftermarket seat?

I took one of them for a ride while my bandit was getting serviced and it had a smooth seat which forever after will be known as the Taint-Reaper. Single worst seat I've ever been on. A shame really, since the rest of the bike was nice. Suspension was obviously cheap, but the seat made it seem worse than it was. Even the dealer warned me ahead of time that it was a dumpster fire. My working theory is that the guy who designed it was really mad that he didn't get to work on the GSX-R and took it out on the world by building a seat designed to sterilize anyone who sits on it so Suzuki goes out of business.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 15, 2017

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Odette posted:

Improved the pic for you

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

No. 6 posted:

Improved the pic for you

:golfclap: also what is that thing behind the rear wheel? It looks like some kind of magical chicken.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Tactical Lesbian posted:

:golfclap: also what is that thing behind the rear wheel? It looks like some kind of magical chicken.

LOL it's actually two chickens! One is facing away from the camera.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Odette posted:

LAMS?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

No, it's a magical chicken.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"I've heard of chicken strips, but this is ridiculous!"
\
:dadjoke:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Boo!

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

No. 6 posted:

Improved the pic for you

Thanks!

Carth Dookie posted:

aftermarket seat?

I took one of them for a ride while my bandit was getting serviced and it had a smooth seat which forever after will be known as the Taint-Reaper. Single worst seat I've ever been on. A shame really, since the rest of the bike was nice. Suspension was obviously cheap, but the seat made it seem worse than it was. Even the dealer warned me ahead of time that it was a dumpster fire. My working theory is that the guy who designed it was really mad that he didn't get to work on the GSX-R and took it out on the world by building a seat designed to sterilize anyone who sits on it so Suzuki goes out of business.

Nah, the dealer threw in a "cafe racer kit" for free. Basically includes the seat as well as the 2 gimmicky white plastic things. First covers the dash, second is near pillion pegs on both sides. The seat was what I was after. Might plastidip the white things black.

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Can confirm it is indeed a magical chicken. It ran over and took a gander at my motorbike when I parked. And when I left, it ran after the bike.

Nah, had my full license for ~6 years now. Only just upgraded from my 250. Well overdue for an upgrade, but I learnt a lot from having that wee beater.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sweet, now you'll learn what wheelies and corner speed are.

And over the course of the next year or so you'll learn what crap suspension is, and later learn what valve emulators and spring rates are.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Sweet, now you'll learn what wheelies and corner speed are.

And over the course of the next year or so you'll learn what crap suspension is, and later learn what valve emulators and spring rates are.

If that cop's bike is a GSXR, please swap the front suspension with mine. He won't notice!

The SV is a huuuuuuuuuge upgrade from my VL250 in every way. I feel a lot better going over the Harbour Bridge in high winds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Odette posted:

If that cop's bike is a GSXR, please swap the front suspension with mine. He won't notice!

The SV is a huuuuuuuuuge upgrade from my VL250 in every way. I feel a lot better going over the Harbour Bridge in high winds.

You don't want a 90kkm front end from anything trust me. Get it from coleman's? Only asking because I was there the other day and they had one that looked very similar, cafe seat and all.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

You don't want a 90kkm front end from anything trust me. Get it from coleman's? Only asking because I was there the other day and they had one that looked very similar, cafe seat and all.

Yeah, that was definitely my bike. Taking it up to Warkworth tomorrow.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Carth Dookie posted:

aftermarket seat?

Get a bead rider / bead seat. Best aftermarket seat ever.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If the seat ever gives up on my bandit, I'll check it out.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Carth Dookie posted:

If the seat ever gives up on my bandit, I'll check it out.

it's an overlay for a seat not a replacement

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
you know those beaded seat covers that every taxi driver in the world uses? that's what he's talking about

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
They work really well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Really? I thought Uber and Lyft had made them obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Really? I thought Uber and Lyft had made them obsolete.

They did. Now they use their heads.