Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
They've called him Covey Brooker Huq.

Interesting choice of name I have to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Muppetjedi posted:

They've called him Covey Brooker Huq.

Interesting choice of name I have to say.

Brooker Huq sounds like rhyming slang.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Covey? Never heard of it. Sounds like a town in the midlands.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
It's like loving heat magazine up in here sometimes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not nearly as poo poo though.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Mate, it's much worse. Ohh, ohh Charlie Brooker got a new haircut. At least Heat would have him looking like poo poo, with his manboobs out on a beach somewhere.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Saturday night TV was pretty poo poo today, so we have nothing better to talk about.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I don't mind me a bit of Booker-Huq chat, personally didn't even know she was pregnant.

Anyone else been watching How God Made the English? It comes out with some absolute bollocks, it makes some really agonizing attempts to draw complex cultural shifts into some simple narrative of cause-and-effect that makes my blood boil. The kind of assertions the presenter ends up making, when isolated, are laughably devoid of any meaningful content or insight. C'mon BBC, why has your wonderful history department started turning out tripe like this?

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Muppetjedi posted:

Saturday night TV was pretty poo poo today, so we have nothing better to talk about.

Ahem.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That man is a Vulcan.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Captain Mediocre posted:

I don't mind me a bit of Booker-Huq chat, personally didn't even know she was pregnant.

Anyone else been watching How God Made the English? It comes out with some absolute bollocks, it makes some really agonizing attempts to draw complex cultural shifts into some simple narrative of cause-and-effect that makes my blood boil. The kind of assertions the presenter ends up making, when isolated, are laughably devoid of any meaningful content or insight. C'mon BBC, why has your wonderful history department started turning out tripe like this?

It's written and presented by a god botherer. Even when they're Oxford professors they still think the same way.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Ahem.

Which one of these lucky contestants will be outed in the tabloid press for being a prostitute/sex offender/criminal this week?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I take back all the bad things I said about Being Human at the beginning of this series. That finale was awesome.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

Flatscan posted:

I take back all the bad things I said about Being Human at the beginning of this series. That finale was awesome.

I agree. They've set up the next series pretty well. Hopefully the wiping out of the old ones will mean no more plots that revolve around vampire politics

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Flatscan posted:

I was surprisingly satisfied by that ending. I don't think it reached the levels of last series finale, but it was easily the best episode of the series.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Not a Twat posted:

I agree. They've set up the next series pretty well.

Yup. I really buy Tom and Hal as friends, far more than I did George and Mitchell, and I already prefer Scottish ghost over Annie.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Flatscan posted:

Yup. I really buy Tom and Hal as friends, far more than I did George and Mitchell, and I already prefer Scottish ghost over Annie.

I haven't been watching this series because the first episode was so terrible. Did Annie finally get the axe too?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

I haven't been watching this series because the first episode was so terrible. Did Annie finally get the axe too?

Yup. Her unfinished business is killing George and Nina's baby.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Ahem.

He's just so... dead behind the eyes.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

and yet somehow take me out is honestly about 10 times more entertaining than 10 clock live.

no likey, no lighty

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

Are you kidding? He's having a loving blast doing this junk.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I can't watch take me out. I find there's something so unsettling about it. Kind of dystopian future mating scenario, like Logan's Run but without the dying at 30 thing, which is a shame.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

NaDy posted:

I can't watch take me out. I find there's something so unsettling about it. Kind of dystopian future mating scenario, like Logan's Run but without the dying at 30 thing, which is a shame.

I get exactly the same feeling watching Take Me Out as I do watching Jam or Black Mirror.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
That's because you're all no fun.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
The last 2 eps of Being Human were really good :) I can't wait for the next series. The 'Old Ones' were a bit underwhelming though, but yeah it would be nice to see the spotlight taken off of the Vampires for a while. I'm very curious about those last few minutes and how this new 'group' will play out.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Crackerman posted:

I get exactly the same feeling watching Take Me Out as I do watching Jam or Black Mirror.

Yes! Just turn down the volume, play some incredibly odd piano music and it's basically a Jam sketch.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Flatscan posted:

Agreed, the first episode was utter rear end, but they really pulled it back with the finale. Apparently it's been renewed for a 5th season, interested to see how the new cast will work, but it looks promising so far!

Glad they knocked off Annie and the baby, honestly, I liked her but she was always at a bit of a loose end, doing her own ghosty things that had nothing to do with anything else. Hopefully they don't make that mistake with Alex.

The 'oh look a baby' plot rarely works in any show, and it took guts to go through with exploding her, and frankly the show will be better for it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Wow, I just did a bit of catching up on Being Human because I hadn't seen any of the new series, and I went to the school with the guy that plays Cutler (Andy Gower). I didn't even know he was an actor. He's a really great singer too, he did the vocals on my AS-level music tech project.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Hoops posted:

Wow, I just did a bit of catching up on Being Human because I hadn't seen any of the new series, and I went to the school with the guy that plays Cutler (Andy Gower). I didn't even know he was an actor. He's a really great singer too, he did the vocals on my AS-level music tech project.

Dang, that must've been a shock. He was aces on the show, my favourite part of it, easily. Shame he went out like he did, that was a little lame.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
White Van Man is one of those comedies where you know both the writers and actors are actually enjoying their characters.

Despite a few blips I really am enjoying the 2nd series. I want more of this stuff and less of that offensive Pramface shite BBC3. And the return of Ideal.

And saying that, they instead no doubt will comission a terribly done documentary about young people that just pisses me off instead.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.

SeanBeansShako posted:

White Van Man is one of those comedies where you know both the writers and actors are actually enjoying their characters.

Despite a few blips I really am enjoying the 2nd series. I want more of this stuff and less of that offensive Pramface shite BBC3. And the return of Ideal.

And saying that, they instead no doubt will comission a terribly done documentary about young people that just pisses me off instead.

I stopped watching ideal around the second series, and came back to it for the last few episodes and understandably, couldn't get into it. Would you recommend putting in the effort to watch it all?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

meme posted:

I stopped watching ideal around the second series, and came back to it for the last few episodes and understandably, couldn't get into it. Would you recommend putting in the effort to watch it all?

I'd give it a go, though it is more of a weirdly surreal soap opera with touches of dark comedy where seeing the last episode makes things click. The last series is certainly very different to series 2 in many many ways you'd need a Wiki or something to list the changes and events.

Plus the music for it is gold. So give it another go.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Just a Minute on BBC 2 is a wonderful thing.

Roidweiser
Sep 10, 2003
Huuuuuur catchphrases are fun, and cats huurrr

Kojiro posted:

Dang, that must've been a shock. He was aces on the show, my favourite part of it, easily. Shame he went out like he did, that was a little lame.

I thought they would have done more with the Hal being an Old One angle. Everyone just seemed to accept it rather too quickly rather than being extra weary of him, or shouting at him more than usual. Maybe they'll bring back the Mark Gatiss character with an 'old ones can't die easily' or just saying that he didn't get staked like they bought Herrick back with

That said I did really enjoy the last 3 episodes.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I really liked it, despite not really changing at all it was weirdly gratifying to be able to see a game going on visually. I could have done without the worrying sight of how old Nicholas Parsons is getting though. Please don't die :(

On the topic of radio shows, thank you again whoever recommended me Armando Ianucci's Charm Offensive, almost finished burning through the backlog and I would appreciate it if anyone else could recommend me more radio comedy shows in a similar vein.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Captain Mediocre posted:

I really liked it, despite not really changing at all it was weirdly gratifying to be able to see a game going on visually. I could have done without the worrying sight of how old Nicholas Parsons is getting though. Please don't die :(

On the topic of radio shows, thank you again whoever recommended me Armando Ianucci's Charm Offensive, almost finished burning through the backlog and I would appreciate it if anyone else could recommend me more radio comedy shows in a similar vein.

Get The Chris Morris Music Show. Think you can get it from Cookd and Bombd. Personally I think it's some of his best work to date.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Giedroyc posted:

Which one of these lucky contestants will be outed in the tabloid press for being a prostitute/sex offender/criminal this week?

And the winner is... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2121493/Take-Me-Out-beauty-Hannah-axed-date-hides-assault-conviction.html

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

friend of a friend got to the last round of the qualifiers to be on the show, at which point they ask a couple of your friends for humourous anecdotes from your past. they never called back after that.

dunno how do many people get on with embarrassing (for the show) criminal records.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Captain Mediocre posted:

Think that may have been me. Glad you liked it, I was worried the dated references might hinder it.

Not really along the same lines, but I really like Banter. Heresy can be good too, not sure if it's still being made, though, not heard it in a couple of years. That's one that really depends on the quality of the guests, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, I just finally noticed it today myself and I'm really happy it's happening. Even better that it's running daily for the two weeks.