Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm more concerned with Eraserhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So, Bakugo is confirmed not to be Sasuke because he's capable of feeling guilt

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

resurgam40 posted:

^^ Great minds, huh? :haw:

Chapter is out. So, it seems that this here throwdown is less about Deku's sudden growth and more about absolving Baku's guilt about causing the downfall of his idol. Fortunately, we know that our Midoriya is good at the whole "punch therapy" thing, so we might be seeing a breakthrough in this relationship.

This. Looks like we may have been giving Bakugou too little credit.

He's still a shithead, but yeah.

Also it was probably all might stopping eraserhead.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

if 2016 was the year of Sanji, it looks like Jump just declared 2017 The Year of One Piece.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm hyped as poo poo. :getin:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

key party favors posted:

if 2016 was the year of Sanji, it looks like Jump just declared 2017 The Year of One Piece.

Oh great, now I have to add One Piece to my Amibo list.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh Bakugou baby

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Bakugou is a Bakubro.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bakugou, my boy!!!

I hope All Might can prevent Eraserhead from expelling both of them

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Man, I was kinda tearing up a lil when Bakugou did.

Vengarr posted:

Bakugou is a Bakubro.

Vengarr, why does your avatar somehow go perfectly with everything you post

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Man, I was kinda tearing up a lil when Bakugou did.

I'm in a group meeting online and had to quickly quell a small whine that escaped my mouth.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MHA as a story would benefit from Bakugo winning this fight, imo.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't see this ending any way other than a draw, honestly

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea how it is possible, but MHA just keeps on getting better and better.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I say it again and again, but the characterization in this story is just ace. Everyone has so much more depth than what you would normally see, even outside of Shounen.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bakugou will discover that his tears of sadness are 200% more explosive than his sweat, getting a sweet powerup.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This. Looks like we may have been giving Bakugou too little credit.

No no no, you gave him too little credit.

I always knew that he was best boy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Good, this being the reason is 1000000% better than what everyone was expecting. I mean, we already knew he wasn't completely without depth but this is still somewhat unexpected.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

Bakugou will discover that his tears of sadness are 200% more explosive than his sweat, getting a sweet powerup.

Then he'll start dressing all in black and listen to sad music.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Then he'll start dressing all in black and listen to sad music.

Tokoyami will be extremely confused and upset at someone else stealing his schtick.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

MHA as a story would benefit from Bakugo winning this fight, imo.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't see this ending any way other than a draw, honestly

I think it makes the most sense for Midoriya to win and thus give Bakugou hope that All Might's legacy isn't dead.

But frankly, it can also work if it's a draw or a Bakugou win since what actually results here doesn't make the story better or worse in itself but rather what the writer does with it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

That's totally Present Mic confronting Aizawa, it's exactly his body language.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh, don't you see the hand?

It's Shigaraki.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Akett posted:

That's totally Present Mic confronting Aizawa, it's exactly his body language.

Pretty sure it was Present Mic who reported the fight to Aizawa in the first place.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

ChronoReverse posted:

I think it makes the most sense for Midoriya to win and thus give Bakugou hope that All Might's legacy isn't dead.

But frankly, it can also work if it's a draw or a Bakugou win since what actually results here doesn't make the story better or worse in itself but rather what the writer does with it.

I think the way it makes more sense is less of an actual draw and more a "they get really loving tired after fighting for hours, sit down for a bit and bro out."

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Hopeford posted:

I think the way it makes more sense is less of an actual draw and more a "they get really loving tired after fighting for hours, sit down for a bit and bro out."

Lots of ways this could work out that could be great. The writer has thus far been skilled enough to do it well regardless of the route taken.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No no no, you gave him too little credit.

I always knew that he was best boy.

That's what I said.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've been thinking of the character themes and ideals. Deku's is to always save regardless of limits while Bakugou's is to always win regardless of the odds. It's true that All Might never loses despite the odds but we know, from the beginning, that his true way was to always put his life on the line as a hero.

My hope that Bakugou will gain a measure of this, whether the fight is lost, won or drawn. It's about time for him to grow some more.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 1, 2016

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pretty sure it was Present Mic who reported the fight to Aizawa in the first place.

I think that's actually the robot talking, since they've been shown to speak before. During the sports festival, there were some little bots cheering on their friends (the huge ones from the entrance exam) to crush all the puny humans.

It's my favourite detail that never gets explained, that the MHA universe has proper AI for all these random little worker robots. For what reason?? Who knows

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I got the impression that the series actually takes place about 100 years in the future? Things are mostly the same as today because there was major societal upheaval after Quirks showed up that retarded growth/technological development in some areas. But you do have jetpacks and power armor and all the other futuristic poo poo Hatsume was working on.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

ChronoReverse posted:

I've been thinking of the character themes and ideals. Deku's is to always save regardless of limits while Bakugou's is to always win regardless of the odds. It's true that All Might never loses despite the odds but we know, from the beginning, that his true way was to always put his life on the line as a hero.

My hope that Bakugou will gain a measure of this, whether the fight is lost, won or drawn. It's about time for him to grow some more.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point? They both represent the two different aspects of all might's heroism - always winning, always saving.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point? They both represent the two different aspects of all might's heroism - always winning, always saving.

Yes but always saving part is the actual creed for All Might that leads to always winning (in the MHA world). It's time for Bakugou to learn and accept this too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think we're 5 established generations into quirks with Izuku and co. being 6th gen.

That means we're ~150ish years out from the advent of quirks give or take.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The latest chapter was really exciting for me, for all the reasons listed in this thread. Bakugou is a really great character, and I'm honestly pretty excited to see his own personal journey.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was expecting Deku to just shut Bakugou down there about halfway in: When Bakugou got mad at him for trying to help him I wanted Deku to just scream "Because I want to be a goddamn hero!" But Bakugou's real conflict was so good I'm glad the climax is still to come. Hoping it's All Might stopping Eraserhead too, he's a smart guy and, as the former Pillar, probably knows exactly what Bakugou is going through.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Given that All Might wanted to let Bakugou continue duking it out with Deku during his first class, count me in for the "it's totes All Might" team.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
If it is Almight and he ends up showing up before Bakugou relaxes, I kind of imagine it will go like...

"I hosed UP MY IDOL'S LIFE, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT SUCKS?"

"Yup. Let me tell you about my predecessor and how it's my fault she's dead." [long flashback]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Given that All Might wanted to let Bakugou continue duking it out with Deku during his first class, count me in for the "it's totes All Might" team.

All Might should stop letting his students beat the crap outta each other. How will he grow as a teacher if keeps letting this happen!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hopeford posted:

If it is Almight and he ends up showing up before Bakugou relaxes, I kind of imagine it will go like...

"I hosed UP MY IDOL'S LIFE, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT SUCKS?"

"Yup. Let me tell you about my predecessor and how it's my fault she's dead." [long flashback]

I think if that's how it goes down, it might be how All Might let's Deku know that the One for All transfer drains the transfer-er, and that maybe Deku let's Bakugou know that All Might gave him O4A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What's also important is that from what I recall, Bakugou never knew that All Might was already declining, so that makes him feel even more like he is the reason All Might is basically dead as a hero.