Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Softball is ace for your anti-titan needs.
Same for charge rifle and archer.
I think on War Games I'm just gonna park my Tone somewhere and live on the rooftops, cause that map just feels too cluttered for good titan usage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

C4 is great too

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

C4 is great too

Haven't unlocked it yet, but can't wait.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I forgot about Softball and pretty much all the grenadier weapons. I'm so useless with them but they feel so rad.
FD seems like good practice.

Poppin AI mooks down a lane with the wingman makes me feel all :clint:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What are the best patches that you can get from weapon ranks?

edit: what is with FD not replacing people on your fireteam when someone drops out?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've had people get replaced, but only at the start of a wave. On wave 2, I was down to one other pilot, but on wave four we had 3, and on the final wave I think we had a full four. So it seems like it rarely happens, but you can get people back. I've also had someone drop in the first round and play for 30 minutes with 3 people and lose on round 3.

I also had 2 people die in the first wave of no titans.

All of this is on easy.

It's a fun mode, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it would be nice if you could opt out and still get XP when people drop. The time commitment makes it worth playing in a full group because pubbies will just gently caress you and leave during the last wave and you'll be left with you and one other person indefinitely, which is pretty much impossible and it sucks to have to quit after a half hour of playing.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i've been dropped in to games in the break before wave 4 or 5 which is very fun because the game doesnt give you any money for, say, turrets

at least it gives you a full titan meter

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Are there only 5 maps for FD?
Cause I'm so over War Games holy poo poo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At the other hand I've played War Games like twice. 90% of my matches are on blackwater canal, Rise and homestead.

Back to weapon chat: I love grenadier weapons. I barely used them on regular MP and I regret that. So far the softball and SMR are my favourite. I'm leveling like crazy by just leaving my titan with improved assault chip in a good spot and blasting stuff on easy/regular difficulties.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
just wanted to toot my own horn for finishing a titan brawl match with a flame core and then getting wrecked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a7xfUatTbc

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I have been dropped consistently into the final wave as the harvester dies. That's a time waste.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The first time I used softball was in a ctf match, and I didn't know it was a sticky time delay. I had so much fun with that thing.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I love using the SMR in competitive MP, it's suboptimal but so much fun. Even when I die I look awesome on the killcam

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah my main complaint about FD is that it goes all titans so quickly. Not that I don't love titan gameplay but I think it should be a better balance between pilot and titan. It's like one wave of grunts for 2 minutes and there aren't even that many, then bo nothing but titans for the next 20 minutes.

Agreed. I feel like the perfect balance would be the first two rounds are pretty much just pilot's vs grunts and spectres, and right towards the end of the second round, tit
ans start coming in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welp, I guess FD is dead on the East Coast on Monday mornings, no before work coop grunt murder for me. :sigh:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kingtheninja posted:

The first time I used softball was in a ctf match, and I didn't know it was a sticky time delay. I had so much fun with that thing.

Yeah I revert to softball when I want some fun, it's a great and also slightly poo poo weapon but every single kill you get with it feels like it's earned, damnit!

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Is it wrong of me to actually go out of my way to tilt people who complain Grenadier weapons are for people who are poo poo at the game? Especially when they're on the enemy team?

Like I usually try to rein in my impulse to create/be the salt, but like that exact sort of comment is enough to get me to go "oh time to get the ol' GRENADIER ALL DAY EVERY DAY" loadout I have, and usually throw in a snippy comment about how the weapons only severely punish people who stick to the ground too much.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So been ranking up guns like a fiend in Frontier Def, out auto chip on my titan and leave them near the objective. Three games genned up my archer from 0 without even really trying.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Flipswitch posted:

So been ranking up guns like a fiend in Frontier Def, out auto chip on my titan and leave them near the objective. Three games genned up my archer from 0 without even really trying.

What's the dejour strat for going after Titans? The sheer number is a bit problematic for my missile launcher.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

xxEightxx posted:

What's the dejour strat for going after Titans? The sheer number is a bit problematic for my missile launcher.

A-Wall to block incoming fire, Titan Hunter Kit, Thunderbolt (extra ammo/fast reload), eSmoke

Thank me later. ;)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

A-Wall to block incoming fire, Titan Hunter Kit, Thunderbolt (extra ammo/fast reload), eSmoke

Thank me later. ;)
Extra Ammo is a useless attachment in Frontier Defense: use the quicker ADS attachment instead since the Thunderbolt requires aiming to fire.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Edit: Nevermind I need to upload an image that isn't microscopic. Gist is I went almost 8k on a normal Rise on F_D because Highlander Ronin owns

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 1, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

radintorov posted:

Extra Ammo is a useless attachment in Frontier Defense: use the quicker ADS attachment instead since the Thunderbolt requires aiming to fire.

Why is it useless? You already get fewer shots out of AT weapons in F_D.

I have no idea why someone would ever need fast ADS for it either.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 1, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You have finite anti-titan rounds in the higher difficulty

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You have finite anti-titan rounds in the higher difficulty
Didn't know that: the farthest I got is Hard difficulty.
With limited ammo on higher difficulties Extra Ammo would be handy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As long as I can shot the SMR forever I'm fine with finite anti titan ammo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

I jump back in for wave5 to be honest. It gets too much then. I've also been running holo pilot because the titans all focus on the holoechoes rather than me or the harvester.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Exposure posted:

Is it wrong of me to actually go out of my way to tilt people who complain Grenadier weapons are for people who are poo poo at the game? Especially when they're on the enemy team?

Like I usually try to rein in my impulse to create/be the salt, but like that exact sort of comment is enough to get me to go "oh time to get the ol' GRENADIER ALL DAY EVERY DAY" loadout I have, and usually throw in a snippy comment about how the weapons only severely punish people who stick to the ground too much.

If anything 'nade weaponry requires MORE SKILL because they're that much more reliant on you leading targets... Hitscan guns just require a target over the other player and holding the fire button, poo poo like the Cold War required you to be some sort of loving wall-run ninja able to lead targets into eating splash damage. Far harder.

Those people complaining about grenadier stuff can go eat a bowl of dicks.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

At what point should you start queueing into Hard in FD? I've unlocked the first 3 upgrades for Legion. Bear in mind, I will be pugging this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mIJhqC8Hg

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So, the base game plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff and some stuff preunlocked so they can start selling the game at 40-50 bucks again.

...cause the "ultimate" title would imply to me that the DLC train is stopping. I hope that's not true.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Great loving trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Snuffman posted:

...cause the "ultimate" title would imply to me that the DLC train is stopping. I hope that's not true.

F_D is not their last update, but I'd imagine we're getting close.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

On the other hand, the game was just added to the EA Access vault. That opens up more opportunities to sell the cosmetic DLC, and in order to keep that revenue stream flowing they need to keep people playing.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

F_D is not their last update, but I'd imagine we're getting close.

Well, if we're bringing it up to par with TF1, they still need to add the ranked-mode.

But I won't be happy till every "good" TF1 map is ported over. Swampland, Airbase, Nexus, Haven and Export. :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Just port all TF1 maps imho

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Your forgot Fracture and Overlook. :colbert: Though really, all the maps were good IMO. It's really just a matter of the great ones being even better.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

hiddenriverninja posted:

edit: what is with FD not replacing people on your fireteam when someone drops out?

That happens to me in regular multiplayer. Sure is fun going three on six when the enemy has their big boy try hard pants on alright.

Also frontier defense needs a map vote option or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It needs a vote option yes because I hate War games no matter the difficulty.