Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Tubi has some great catalog and low budget films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith is... hmm...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

A MIRACLE posted:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith is... hmm...

A marriage story with guns?

i haven’t seen watched a marriage story but I think it fits

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think people who praise Tubi are picking movies from the catalog, not watching the faux TV stations packed with horrendous Asylum films garbage

This is why I watch tubi. It’s hilarious

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Tubi has some great catalog and low budget films

it's honestly pretty sad because they have so many old classic movies that deserve to be top billed elsewhere but instead the streaming business model is making original crappy romcoms and mid budget CGI trash.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Glottis posted:

anything I should make sure to check out on Paramount+ / Showtime? Signed up for a trial in order to watch the super bowl and am only utilizing it for Star Trek at the moment.

I subscribed to watch Yellowjackets but that's on Netflix now

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Yeah it's a mumble core New York cutesy romance but they do wild clandestine poo poo at the same time

I liked it

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tubi also has a ton of mst3k and rifftrax movies and that's my white noise when I sleep so I'm a fan.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Tubi is just a massive barrel of student-film poo poo where, if you scrape the bottom enough, you might find something totally radical and get a real sense of accomplishment.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

if you scrape the bottom enough, you might find something totally radical and get a real sense of accomplishment.

Ain't that the dream :allears:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Started watching Tacoma FD on netflix. Wife and I both find it hilarious and love the show, of course it was canceled yesterday. There's still a good chunk of episodes to watch if anyone is looking for a funny show from two of the broken lizard guys.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I miss Andy in the last season

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah I saw it pop up on Netflix and was happy to see they had a new season. I was afraid it was going to not be as good since they lost Eugene Cordero (they even made a joke about how he had a "new low-key job') but drat if it wasn't still hilarious. It would be dope if they managed to get someone else to pick it up.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm rewatching it rn and that makes me sad to hear that its canceled

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I found The Firesign Theatre's Hot Shorts on Tubi, and apparently they've got J-Men Forever there too, so that's a trip.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just watched Deathtrap on Tubi incidentally. Fun twisty murder mystery with Michael Caine/Christopher Reeves directed by Sidney Lumet that I'd somehow never heard of.
Really can't imagine paying for any of these services that keep adding ad tiers or family sharing restrictions.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Started watching Tacoma FD on netflix. Wife and I both find it hilarious and love the show, of course it was canceled yesterday. There's still a good chunk of episodes to watch if anyone is looking for a funny show from two of the broken lizard guys.

It’s been cancelled? ffs it was great

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Apparently canceled yesterday, which sucks. Maybe if we all watch it enough on Netflix they'll fund another season before immediately canceling it again.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
I unintentionally watched BEEF and Mr. & Mrs. Smith back to back, and they’re actually extremely similar shows. Personally loved BEEF, I thought it had a lot more to say while also being more nuanced and thoughtful.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Why would It need a three?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Ayudo posted:

Watched The Third Man on Tubi last night. I'd have preferred no ads, but respect their having it at all.

Tubi's got the zither

Why stream it in 720p with ads when I can view a nitrate print in the city? :smug:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Rotten Tomatoes redesigned their TV show pages to show less information and more ads. As if the fresh/rotten black and white rating parameters weren't already bad. Shocking that a better website hasn't already made them irrelevant.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I didn't know seraphim falls was a McPoyle origin story

Its a real good movie till it's a very preposterous one

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 16, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

True Detective Season 4.
I can't believe I'm saying this but this would be improved by actual Mitchell by Joe Don Baker.
Jodie Foster isn't greesy enough

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The best story about a marriage with guns is The Americans

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Theater Camp was a cute, cozy comedy. The movie excelled at having a cast of seemingly endless amounts of characters that all shined. There are so many storylines running through this that are continued in quick gags, and it all feels natural.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Is there any way to get the Paramount+ app on Chromecast to automatically switch to the contents native frame rate? The Chromecast had an option to allow it but afaict the app doesn't use it and I have to keep having to do it manually

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I watched Anyone But You and both of the leads are very unlikable.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Sydney Sweeney’s boobs are the real leads of this movie fyi

All of her costumes and bikinis were a size too small

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mcmagic posted:

Charmless actress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Charmless actress.

It feels like she's trying too hard, it works in Euphoria but not it this IMO. And the guy is just too broey to be likable. He should be the guy that she leaves for the more likable lead in a better romcom.

live with fruit posted:

She was great in White Lotus as a huge brat.

She's the HBO goat. She was awesome in White Lotus, agree.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 18, 2024

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
She was great in White Lotus as a huge brat.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

toggle posted:

Sydney Sweeney’s boobs are the real leads of this movie fyi

All of her costumes and bikinis were a size too small

hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

phantasm ftw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yup

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster