Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Honestly, the thought process is probably:

I, Scott Adams, am a master persuader who can use my words to accomplish literally anything that's possible.

I was not able to persuade my son to stop abusing opioids.

Therefore, it was not possible to stop my son from abusing opioids.

One more step:

Therefore, it is not possible to stop anyone'sson from abusing any drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Neito posted:

She also told him she had breast cancer and his response was "great, another reason for you to not have sex with me".

Between that and the election night video where he was hooting and hollering when Trump won, while she was on the couch looking a little miserable, I wonder why she even dated him at all. Like, she had to know what kind of person he was, right? He didn't really hide it.

The cynic in me says maybe she just dated him to get notoriety as "Scott Adams' girlfriend" to boost her Instagram model career, but there's no real proof of that. It just seems like she wasn't actually all that interested in him.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Between that and the election night video where he was hooting and hollering when Trump won, while she was on the couch looking a little miserable, I wonder why she even dated him at all. Like, she had to know what kind of person he was, right? He didn't really hide it.

The cynic in me says maybe she just dated him to get notoriety as "Scott Adams' girlfriend" to boost her Instagram model career

The most likely answers are usually the simplest ones. Money is a hell of a drug.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I could marry a rich crazy rear end in a top hat, and I could absolutely regret my decision later the more I deal with the "rear end in a top hat" part. That's a human enough thing to do.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

BiggerBoat posted:

I believe this is actually true. At least partially. It's projection again because this is what think the DNC does with MSNBC and CNN and justify what they do as providing balance in this regard.

The gently caress is Scott Adams even talking about. GOod lord.

https://twitter.com/tadpr0le/status...mber%3D1778pti8

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Subtweet game is strong

https://twitter.com/dougjballoon/status/1544840158876426241?s=21&t=M1o41gflQT6RJMRVIQ9Efg

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Scott Adams is cool, because like all wealthy dudes with an incel mindset any relationships he gets into "doesn't count" because he assumes his exes wanted his money and not say, his intellect. Their mindset clicks into place when you realize that the belief that society is cockblocking them isn't a fear, but their greatest wish. It's not them that's flawed, but the system itself that keeps their masculinity in a cage.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Imagine if Jim Davis was Scott Adams insane.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
That's why Garfield has endured: It never went any further than a fat cat that wants to eat lasagna.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Duck_King posted:

That's why Garfield has endured: It never went any further than a fat cat that wants to eat lasagna.

Well, and drinking dog cum.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

This tangent caused me to remember Garfield minus Garfield... thank you

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Duck_King posted:

There was that reveal that everything was a hunger-induced hallucination in a condemned property

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

je1 healthcare posted:

Scott Adams is cool, because ...

This was a good post, and I agree with what you said. But goddamn, these are some words you never want to be starting sentences with.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

There was that reveal that everything was a hunger-induced hallucination in a condemned property

Ahh that one always stuck with me

I think I read this when I was 8 lol.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That is all kinds of hosed up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jim Davis was capable of some weird stuff when he actually decided to put effort into his work (see also: Garfield: His 9 Lives)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Larryb posted:

Jim Davis was capable of some weird stuff when he actually decided to put effort into his work (see also: Garfield: His 9 Lives)
Diana's Piano is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BArFeuszzWs

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Thread title related

https://twitter.com/Editor_of_Eric/status/1545240622004441088

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

or On the Farm. Not genius, by any means, but thing had heart and merit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1545239647424581632?t=SYUgiA6tHvgCE6w15w4-GQ&s=19

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

please, please, please god, let gender sanctuary policies be known as 'Wiener Laws'

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Ahh that one always stuck with me

I think I read this when I was 8 lol.

The best part of that comic is that it inspired the I'm Sorry Jon trend of horrifying Garfield comics.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

After listening to a Guru podcast that featured an episode about Scott Adams i am no longer surprised to see what new nihilistic nonsense he tweets. The dude has some bleak ideas about nearly everything and he has the confidence to believe he's arrived at these conclusions by being of superior intellect (and not by being an unbelievable rear end in a top hat)

The dude is sick.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I know it was his stepson that died, but does he have any biological kids? Like I said before, I really wonder how awful it must be to have a dad like this. Reading his lovely tweets is one thing but imagine having to live with the rear end in a top hat!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

After listening to a Guru podcast that featured an episode about Scott Adams i am no longer surprised to see what new nihilistic nonsense he tweets. The dude has some bleak ideas about nearly everything and he has the confidence to believe he's arrived at these conclusions by being of superior intellect (and not by being an unbelievable rear end in a top hat)

The dude is sick.

I had to keep skipping through the clips of him talking he's so loving obnoxious.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I can never get past how Adams says 'persuasion' in all the weirdest times and situations. Dude sounds like he gets off to the word.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

killer_robot posted:

or On the Farm. Not genius, by any means, but thing had heart and merit.

Don't believe I've heard of that one, what was it?

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

I can never get past how Adams says 'persuasion' in all the weirdest times and situations. Dude sounds like he gets off to the word.

My man literally wrote blog posts to hypnotize his followers into cumming, he 100% gets off on being a mastermind persuader

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

bird food bathtub posted:

Adams is the kind of socially awkward nerd who thinks that learning social skills in adulthood is some kind of Bene Gesserit technique. He read PUA books or something and now he thinks he's a scientist of human nature.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Halloween Jack posted:

Adams is the kind of socially awkward nerd who thinks that learning social skills in adulthood is some kind of Bene Gesserit technique. He read PUA books or something and now he thinks he's a scientist of human nature.

I say specific words and make specific facial gestures, and people respond how I want! Obviously, I'm acting upon their blank mental canvas, and it's not in fact normal two-way communication that I'm too machiavellian to perceive.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I read this as Dana Plato at least three times and was so confused.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Musk has formally notified Twitter that he’s out.

He’s down a massive amount in share value and will be out a billion more. Maybe even more when Twitter files their counter suit that he broke the contract against its terms.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Murgos posted:

Musk has formally notified Twitter that he’s out.

He’s down a massive amount in share value and will be out a billion more. Maybe even more when Twitter files their counter suit that he broke the contract against its terms.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

It was also obvious pretty soon after this sale was agreed to that he was going to find some way to try and weasel out.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The loss of a billion plus won't dent him so I really, really hope it hurts him psychologically

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The problem for Musk is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a lot of big liquid assets, so he would have to sell stock, which in turn is going to tank the stock price

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The loss of a billion plus won't dent him so I really, really hope it hurts him psychologically

Honestly they should ban him immediately since he’s involved in pending litigation.

That’s the funniest outcome. Also him being forced to buy Twitter to the tune of billions and billions of dollars against his will.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/MeganFoxWriter/status/1544426366837342208?t=Qai0Bl-HDm0MK08Y7BrJFA&s=19

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yes why would no one want to give details about an active criminal investigation for a sexual assault where the victim was a minor

:iiam:

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 9, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Their claim is that no criminal complaint was made, the only source of the story came from a pro abortion doctor and that it is still legal for a minor to get an abortion under those circumstances so she wouldn't have had to go out of state.

They are claiming the story was fabricated by pro choice activists for shock value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I'm no scientist, but would this be one of those cases of protection since their entire position is fabricated from their wild imaginations?