Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
*farts* uh I'm Sarah Silverman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You're all banned for un-PC language!

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
No, I’m Chris Kyle

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I found an old angry note my father left for me in, I think, 1997? It made me laugh. I am sure a lot here are of an age where they can relate to this sort of thing.

Edit: I guess that illustration is him, frothing because he's so angry

Sorry I didn't put Encarta Disc 13 back when I was done looking up Stonehenge.

credburn has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jul 23, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Your dad was right. You should be ashamed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
What did you do with the very valuable and expensive CD's and how much did they fetch at the garage sale?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is a man not entitled to what his sweat brings home?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is a man not entitled to what his sweat brings home?

The sweat is probably worth more than the CDs at this point.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't think it's particularly fair for posters to tell Sarah Silverman what she should or shouldn't be offended or angry about.

She gives as good as she gets and there's a lot of people who find her material and act offensive or off putting so, you know, I think all that just goes with a comedian for the most part. If she's OK with LCK or Corolla I'm not gonna sit here and explain to her why she should be or tell her she's wrong.

who gives a poo poo if she was OK with it

it's still gross and he did it to a bunch of people understandably weren't ok with it

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

User name + post = :discourse:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

I found an old angry note my father left for me in, I think, 1997? It made me laugh. I am sure a lot here are of an age where they can relate to this sort of thing.

That’s good dadding. Take care of your poo poo. Take even better care of other peoples’ poo poo.

Also your dad didn’t mention it but you should shower more often. You’re getting to that age.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

credburn posted:

thanks for sharing, this is great

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jaxyon posted:

who gives a poo poo if she was OK with it

Kink shaming nice

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Crow posted:

Kink shaming nice

Yeah, that's nice, yeah, keep it up, yeah, ooh.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

credburn posted:

So did you clean up the cyber hog wallow?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

credburn posted:

You know drat well it's supposed to be you. He drew a pig nose and everything

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

She gives as good as she gets and there's a lot of people who find her material and act offensive or off putting so, you know, I think all that just goes with a comedian for the most part.

Are you seriously equating telling offensive jokes to a paying audience with masturbating in front of someone you have financial power over?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Hyperlynx posted:

Are you seriously equating telling offensive jokes to a paying audience with masturbating in front of someone you have financial power over?

You do not in fact have to make up arguments and defend the lady who has had plenty of opportunity to say "this made me uncomfortable" and instead said "it was fine whatever". Its not like CK has any legs to stand on at this point.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mr. Crow posted:

You do not in fact have to make up arguments and defend the lady who has had plenty of opportunity to say "this made me uncomfortable" and instead said "it was fine whatever". Its not like CK has any legs to stand on at this point.

Explain to me how I misread the statement, then.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't know why there's an argument about whether Sarah Silverman was OK with it, when there are a number of women who were very much not OK with it and said so for years so it's kind of a pointless discussion. Did CK sexually harass Sarah Silverman? Maybe, but he definitely sexually harassed a bunch of people with way less industry power than her, so he's definitively and undeniably an abuser.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

It’s a James Joyce quote from Ulysses.
:goonsay:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know why there's an argument about whether Sarah Silverman was OK with it, when there are a number of women who were very much not OK with it and said so for years so it's kind of a pointless discussion. Did CK sexually harass Sarah Silverman? Maybe, but he definitely sexually harassed a bunch of people with way less industry power than her, so he's definitively and undeniably an abuser.

yea it's this, who gives a poo poo what Sarah Silverman thinks, if she doesn't feel wronged or hurt great for her but the problem is, ya know, the ones he did that poo poo to who do feel that way so 'well when he sexually harassed me I was fine with it actually' just means nothing on the whole.

I mean, if the standard for what's okay was 'what personally bothers Sarah Silverman' then blackface would be okay but we'd need to cancel that Miss Maisel show for 'Jewface' so I just don't think she's a great barometer to use for most things that aren't entirely based in 'what bothers me, Sarah Silverman, and only me'.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Saved this. Incredible how you can illustrate such a simple concept people can then relate to so many things.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Discount Dracula posted:

Holy crap, I am now claiming every example of Engrish is a Joyce quote.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Coward posted:

Holy crap, I am now claiming every example of Engrish is a Joyce quote.

Why not? Hey, I claim every time I honk off as a quote from his wife.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

History, Stephen said, is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake. Born to die, world is a gently caress. I am trash man

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

flavor.flv posted:

History, Stephen said, is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake. Born to die, world is a gently caress. I am trash man

Weirdly compelling. Moving, even

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

flavor.flv posted:

Hear hear

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

flavor.flv posted:

He was truly the irish shakespeare

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Discount Dracula posted:

Holy poo poo dude somebody actually read that book, I can live to tell the tale of someone who tanked the hits for me :allears:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

In this case it's literally the final line of the book, not just some random excerpt.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aw that's no fun, booooo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

bike tory posted:

In this case it's literally the final line of the book, not just some random excerpt.

Ah, so the part only people who REALLY liked it got to.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yeah I've certainly not read Ulysses and never intend to. It's one of those works that's recognisably great but also not at all enjoyable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You should have tried Finnegan's Wake, that's a real page turner, an outright Joyce airport novel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

steinrokkan posted:

You should have tried Finnegan's Wake, that's a real page turner, an outright Joyce airport novel

I got that book sophomore year of high school because my ap English teacher told the class it was one of the more difficult books in the language and my dumb rear end was like “Challenge accepted. I’m in Advanced Placement , so, uh, I think I can handle it. Moron.”

It took something like 23 more years worth of blows like that to my self esteem before I realized I’m not super smart, but since I got the hint it’s all been smooth sailing.