Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

When I lived in Montréal, the gym had tvs in front of the bikes and treadmills that would play CNN, Fox, and Ici RDI(francophone CBC news)side by side. All silent and subtitled, you can tune into one on your headphones if you like, normal gym stuff.

I will never forget the headlines right after the New Haven shooting.

CNN: Obama consoles grieving families
Fox: Obama preaches more gun control
Ici RDI: Mass shooting in Connecticut- Obama holds press conference

Something about the deadpan coverage of the Obama press conference vs the manic talking heads just sticks with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That toddler is a national hero. Teach your children ACAB as young as you can.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

nine-gear crow posted:

That toddler is a national hero. Teach your children ACAB as young as you can.

Name one Thirteen, and one Twelve.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Neito posted:

Name one Thirteen, and one Twelve.

Don’t let them make friends with Fourteen when they go to school, though.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yeah, who wants to hear about a silly old insurrection led by the president of the united states and enacted by white supremacist groups? Nothing to see here except every single person other than Donald Trump lying about things and making poo poo up. More FAKE NEWS.

Wonder if they carried the entirety of Hillary Clinton's Benghazi hearings and what the crawl looked like?

I'd really like to know also what the "story" is on that "Loving Your Family is Racist" banner because I'm wracking my brain for possibilities but aint clickin that poo poo to find out. Seriously, I'm having trouble trying to imagine what it is I'm supposed to be outraged about and the only thing that comes to mind is some Karen didn't want their kid to go sleep over at his friend Jermaine's house because he lives in a bad neighborhood and somehow that got out

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm pretty sure they did carry the Benghazi hearings live. I remember them being broadcast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm pretty sure they did carry the Benghazi hearings live. I remember them being broadcast.

At the start they did. Then when it became clear that it was just going to be a clown show, most of the non-Fox networks just covered other poo poo and occasionally dipped into the hearings with like "It's hour 19 of the 8th Benghazi hearing and Hillary Clinton is still sitting there being yelled at by a very sweaty Jim Jordan. He appears to be trying to recite the script to Terminator 2 from memory. We'll check back in if he passes out or something. In other news..."

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Seems that JESUS GUNS BABIES Ga Gov candidate Kandiss Taylor got swatted Monday night.
Also Steve Bannon was swatted last week.
I hope they apologized afterwards.

https://twitter.com/THEFIREBASE3/status/1546903852804411393

e: And lets not forget those Ohio senators that all received feces in the mail.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 13, 2022

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

OgNar posted:

Seems that JESUS GUNS BABIES Ga Gov candidate Kandiss Taylor got swatted Monday night.
Also Steve Bannon was swatted last week.
I hope they apologized afterwards.

https://twitter.com/THEFIREBASE3/status/1546903852804411393

e: And lets not forget those Ohio senators that all received feces in the mail.

loving hilarious that we've weaponized poor police practices... hilarious, I mean horrifying.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd really like to know also what the "story" is on that "Loving Your Family is Racist" banner because I'm wracking my brain for possibilities but aint clickin that poo poo to find out. Seriously, I'm having trouble trying to imagine what it is I'm supposed to be outraged about and the only thing that comes to mind is some Karen didn't want their kid to go sleep over at his friend Jermaine's house because he lives in a bad neighborhood and somehow that got out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10999817/Journalist-ridiculed-saying-whites-relatives-mustnt-challenging-racist-views.html

A woke journalist is being ridiculed online for saying whites who get on with their relatives must not be challenging what she says are their loved ones' racist views.

Jessica Mason Pieklo, Senior Vice President and Executive Editor at Rewire News, received criticism for her tweet thread last week that accused 'even good white families' of being a 'little racist when you scratch the surface.'

Her initial tweet called out white people, saying that if they are committed to racial justice, yet in good standing with most of their family members, she has questions about their commitment to racial justice.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Because the Daily Mail and the NY Post are the pinnacle of quality news orgs to Fox.

Trump always used to bring up the NY Post as being the best.
This is, of course, because they always treated him well.
And it IS an old new org, BUT has been of the National Inquirer level for over 100 y.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1547280525257211905

edit: drat twitter embeds

Piell fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 14, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Jim Jordan getting called out a lot today.

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1547335854515015680

e: at least Dave Yost apologized publicly

OgNar fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 14, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OgNar posted:

The blue Power Ranger turned into a chud? Blossom and Ellen from Pete and Pete were bad enough.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I AM GRANDO posted:

The blue Power Ranger turned into a chud? Blossom and Ellen from Pete and Pete were bad enough.

Different guy, same name.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OgNar posted:

Different guy, same name.

The power ranger has also talked publicly about his mistreatment while working on Power Rangers because of his sexuality.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is Blossom a chud or just willing to take Big Bang Theory money?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Neito posted:

She was an antivaxxer mom back about a decade ago, but as of COVID she seems to have gotten her head on straighter.

She took a lot of well-deserved poo poo for it at the time. She is a neuroscience Ph.D, maybe she decided to actually evaluate the topic scientifically like she was trained. But who knows? Smart people can be just as stupid as anybody else, and better at persuading themselves they are right.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 14, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Neito posted:

She donated money (like personally, her own money) to the idf last year. She also wrote that article about how she was never molested as a teen actor because she always dressed modestly and stayed away from parties where there would be drugs or alcohol. It’s not outright victim-blaming, but it’s not great.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

killer_robot posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10999817/Journalist-ridiculed-saying-whites-relatives-mustnt-challenging-racist-views.html

A woke journalist is being ridiculed online for saying whites who get on with their relatives must not be challenging what she says are their loved ones' racist views.

Jessica Mason Pieklo, Senior Vice President and Executive Editor at Rewire News, received criticism for her tweet thread last week that accused 'even good white families' of being a 'little racist when you scratch the surface.'

Her initial tweet called out white people, saying that if they are committed to racial justice, yet in good standing with most of their family members, she has questions about their commitment to racial justice.

Oh

So it's even stupider than I could have imagined then. Got it

OgNar posted:

Yeah, I heard this making the rounds on talk radio yesterday and immediately assumed it must be 100% true if they're trying to discredit it since they can't possibly defend it. So they just fall back on the fake news poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I AM GRANDO posted:

She donated money (like personally, her own money) to the idf last year. She also wrote that article about how she was never molested as a teen actor because she always dressed modestly and stayed away from parties where there would be drugs or alcohol. It’s not outright victim-blaming, but it’s not great.
I was fuckin pissed when they gave her Jeopardy. 😤

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Oh yuck, I didn't know that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1547277212415574016?s=21&t=bBOzffju2DBhnsRAl93Zgw

He’s probably not objectively the worst of these people but I think Walsh is my most hated. He seems to spend every waking moment making GBS threads on anyone even slightly marginalized. Not joy at all in his life, even being a father for him just seems to be a way to own whatever boogieman is in his head. Such an unpleasant piece of poo poo.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

I AM GRANDO posted:

No, but supposedly the Red one did a bit of PPP fraud

https://deadline.com/2022/05/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-star-austin-st-john-arrested-fraud-1235029478/

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1547277212415574016?s=21&t=bBOzffju2DBhnsRAl93Zgw

He’s probably not objectively the worst of these people but I think Walsh is my most hated. He seems to spend every waking moment making GBS threads on anyone even slightly marginalized. Not joy at all in his life, even being a father for him just seems to be a way to own whatever boogieman is in his head. Such an unpleasant piece of poo poo.

He never got over half the internet ruthlessly mocking him for being one of those extremely loud "no sex before marriage" types, who, like Ben Shapiro, was a proud virgin and has only ever had sex exactly 4 times in his life to produce his, according to Wikipedia, 4 children. To the point where he got insanely weird and simpering over his incredibly heterosexual wife, who he had to repeatedly remind people was in fact real, look at his wedding ring, it proves she exists. Seriously, look at his wedding ring. Matt Walsh wants you to take a long, hard look at his heterosexual cis gendered wedding ring.

I guess he's stepping up and filling Benny Shaps' vacated role as the new Conservative Wunderkin (Age 36) because old Genocide Ben is now starting to look like those pickled elderly children from Akira and it's getting harder and harder for his geriatric rear end to gish gallop these days.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Be careful out there. We're a news cycle away from Republicans defending the Uvalde police based on the video of that cop checking his phone while his wife was dying was getting play.

Talking points are going to be that leftist policing policies from the federal government are tying the hands of local police and they need less oversight.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Did Matt Walsh get a new gig or something? It seems like he fell off the radar for a while, and now he's back all over the place.

I AM GRANDO posted:

IDF as in Israeli Defense Force? One would think any working US american has committed more than our fair share to their genocide fund in taxes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Did Matt Walsh get a new gig or something? It seems like he fell off the radar for a while, and now he's back all over the place.

He released the extremely transphobic film "What is a Woman?" which is, from the short clip I've seen, an exercise of performative ignorance to a degree previously unknown to discourse.

It is extremely popular with fascists, incels, and JK Rowling, who is somewhere between the two.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He's been tweeting through it for years.

Just got relevant again.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

IDF as in Israeli Defense Force? One would think any working US american has committed more than our fair share to their genocide fund in taxes.

Yes, that idf.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah, it's not rare. There's a lot of people who seem otherwise progressive who are Zionists for one reason or another. It's not until the last handful of years that it's become a lot less acceptable to hold those views.

As a notable rich Jewish person it's not really shocking she would support that.

If you're not Jewish, but you're a Zionist, then you're probably a fundie or a Republican of some sort. If you are Jewish then it's more likely you have progressive domestic US politics while also being a Zionist. Zionism, to a large extent, is a non-partisan free space in the US.

Israel's foreign policy has been very skillful in this area. The pitch they make to Republicans is they're holding back the Muslim hordes from Iran. The pitch they make to Democrats is that Israel is a pluralistic liberal democracy "in a bad neighborhood," with a thriving gay nightlife in Tell Aviv that needs to be protected.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 14, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Update on this one. I just saw a CNN headline saying the guy that raped her was arrested so I guess it's true and gently caress this guy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Update on this one. I just saw a CNN headline saying the guy that raped her was arrested so I guess it's true and gently caress this guy.

They pivoted on a dime to the rapist being an immigrant.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Weird to brag how cops can't find child rapists but they're just addicted to the game I guess

bartok
May 10, 2006

Mayim Bialik doing good things with that PhD in neurosciences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92coGxYc5ng

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Didn’t she also get on the anti-vax train as well?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Tesseraction posted:

Someone at work yesterday claimed that the rapist and child were "crisis actors bought and paid for by the pedophile left" and I had to walk away, because doing a violence will cost me my job and I can't get another one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Indiana's AG went on Jesse Waters's show to say he was going to investigate the doctor and said this is an "illegal immigrant" story and it's Biden's fault.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Indiana's AG went on Jesse Waters's show to say he was going to investigate the doctor and said this is an "illegal immigrant" story and it's Biden's fault.

You can take Mike Pence out of Indiana but you can't stop Indiana voting for evil pieces of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why would a fascist let something like reality get in the way of their hatred?

They've decided they hate minorities and anyone with different political views so that's who they are going to punish. Something's not their fault? gently caress you, sympathizer, they'll hate you too.