Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

This is the worst forum event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Grimdude posted:

I mean, it's not completely wrong. I really do hate most conservatives and what they stand for. I guess I'm a hypocrite for hating the hate then.

Hate isn't the danger, hate motivates us and moves us. the danger is that hate being used as an excuse to hurt. I hate Trump as a person, a symbol, and as a thinker, and I wouldn't harm a hair on his head. Hope he gets invited to the mcdonalds ball or whatever.

But it'd be nice if he stopped hurting people, and more specifically people who are like me. And stopping him from hurting me doesn't hurt him. :)

e: also im glad fyad is dead, shoulda happened years ago

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I want to gently caress a mcchicken 🐓🤪I want to feel the warm mayonnaise 💦💦💦all over my foreskin🍆🍆 😳😳I am so hungry 😋😪 I want to insert my greasy balls 🏀 ⚽️ right between the buns of a mcchicken 🐓🥵🥵 I will be so sad 😞😭 😪🥺😩 and upset 😡😡🤬☹️if I am unable to stick my penis inside of a mcchicken 😩🐓🐓 because it is so mcfucking GOOD 😍🥵😩🤤 and delicious 😋🤪 I would love to cum😫😫😫💦💦💦inside of a warm 🤗🤗delicious mcchicken🐓🤤🤤

aw hell

:same:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Isn't this the account which broke character to refuse to format text in tweets because that reminds him too much of Reddit?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I thought FYAD closing was a meme that people just repeated constantly. I'm not going to go double check.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Katt posted:

I thought FYAD closing was a meme that people just repeated constantly. I'm not going to go double check.

Just go to the main forum page. It's gone completely, the archives and old fyad too

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Katt posted:

FYAD closing was a meme because it was always known that FYAD was dancing a knifes edge for the last ~10 years because it's been pretty lovely for ~10 years.

Now it's dead. :toot:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The hottest take: FYAD was never loving funny, it was always a bunch of bigoted shitlords and it was accepted because that humor was allowed until the ones effected finally scraped and scrimped enough power together to stand up and say, "gently caress you, I am a human being, and I deserve to be treated like one"

FYAD didn't go bad. We just finally opened up the long-forgotten tupperware in the abandoned fridge in the forgotten junkyard of the internet that is Something Awful and smelled the long-decomposed remnants of the ancient maggot-encrusted stool sample that is FYAD therein.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

The hottest take: FYAD was never loving funny, it was always a bunch of bigoted shitlords and it was accepted because that humor was allowed until the ones effected finally scraped and scrimped enough power together to stand up and say, "gently caress you, I am a human being, and I deserve to be treated like one"

FYAD didn't go bad. We just finally opened up the long-forgotten tupperware in the abandoned fridge in the forgotten junkyard of the internet that is Something Awful and smelled the long-decomposed remnants of the ancient maggot-encrusted stool sample that is FYAD therein.

counterpoint: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Screaming Idiot posted:

Eh I’ve heard hotter

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

oh gently caress nevermind helping to create safespaces for nazis and transphobes to seed the internet with hatred is totally worth a couple of charming anecdotes and a joke about some dude with a mildly long features

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:hmmyes:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's about ethics in pastry journalism

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

IOSM: Treasons greetings to you all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All I’m worried about is that my brain refuses to see the pie on the right as not inverted, it’s like looking at a picture of moon craters

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

oh gently caress nevermind helping to create safespaces for nazis and transphobes to seed the internet with hatred is totally worth a couple of charming anecdotes and a joke about some dude with a mildly long features

That is absolutely what that guy said, yup

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I never “got” FYAD but Lowtax has been owner of this site for 20 years. It’s time to move aside and put someone else in charge and so I am forced to challenger him to (Shang tsung voice) MORTAL KOMBAT

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m not sure which thread is the one to continue talking about FYAD in but I don’t think it should be this one

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Detheros posted:

IOSM: Treasons greetings to you all.

The pie zone is a place of pie only

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Captain Hygiene posted:

The pie zone is a place of pie only

Look you don't respect the sanctity of the pie zone I don't respect you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I never “got” FYAD but Lowtax has been owner of this site for 20 years. It’s time to move aside and put someone else in charge and so I am forced to challenger him to (Shang tsung voice) MORTAL KOMBAT

Before anyone gets too worried for my safety I have it on good authority Lowtax is susceptible to Sub zeros spine rip fatality

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

oldpainless posted:

Before anyone gets too worried for my safety I have it on good authority Lowtax is susceptible to Sub zeros spine rip fatality

Not with his new cyborg spine. Uwe Boll already did the spine rip. Lowtax won't be fooled again.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Splash Attack posted:

there are some extremely normal and not mad replies to this tweet about FYAD being closed

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1214656711484694529?s=20

That sure is some revisionist history.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Plucky lil' Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Astropartigirl/status/1214720499671920640
https://twitter.com/ejopinion/status/1214738349585567744

:jerkbag:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Fyad dying is good but six million nazis gassed would be better

And lemme be clear I mean irl, not the forums version of gassing

Nakam

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fyad dying is good but six million nazis gassed would be better

And lemme be clear I mean irl, not the forums version of gassing

Nakam

So much for the tolerant left.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Without wanting to cause a derail in this thread, is there a thread that has info on what exactly went on with the FYAD closing? I'm curious as to some of the drama I missed.

Edit: VV I got that from the stickies. But why is that vice article "revisionist history"? Again, not looking to start a derail, just looking for a thread discussing it.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Jan 8, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Without wanting to cause a derail in this thread, is there a thread that has info on what exactly went on with the FYAD closing? I'm curious as to some of the drama I missed.

"Stop using slurs and being bigots"
"no u"

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I came home from work yesterday to see the World of Warcraft Twitter community talking about being blocked by some guy none of them knew. After some searching, it came to light that after this fella made two very stupid remarks, he lost his poo poo because a woman he was harassing only responded "ok" to him. Word gets around quick in WoW Twitter, as do screenshots.

It's a somewhat big album but the jist of it: he tries to deflect blame, pull the puppet master defense, and then brags about blocking about 11.5K people.

https://imgur.com/a/Jm4ccGc

Here is one of the really stupid remarks he made:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Transmogrifier posted:

I came home from work yesterday to see the World of Warcraft Twitter community talking about being blocked by some guy none of them knew. After some searching, it came to light that after this fella made two very stupid remarks, he lost his poo poo because a woman he was harassing only responded "ok" to him. Word gets around quick in WoW Twitter, as do screenshots.

It's a somewhat big album but the jist of it: he tries to deflect blame, pull the puppet master defense, and then brags about blocking about 11.5K people.

https://imgur.com/a/Jm4ccGc

Here is one of the really stupid remarks he made:

This one deserves some kind of award.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Clerical Terrors posted:

I'm really sad I was blocked and that he's now locked down his Twitter. I should have grabbed screenshots last night of him bragging about blocking folks. (It took nine tweets if you're wondering.)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'ok boomer' turns out to be six letters longer than necessary

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

he has since protected his account

ok

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ok.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

It must be heart-wrenchingly difficult to live one's life treating every human interaction as a zero-sum game.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That might be the most “I’m not mad” post Ive ever seen

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mushika posted:

It must be heart-wrenchingly difficult to live one's life treating every human interaction as a zero-sum game.

This is so simply and elegantly observed, I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
When you replied "ok", you cheated not only the conversation, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.