Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

chumbler posted:

What's also important is that from what I recall, Bakugou never knew that All Might was already declining, so that makes him feel even more like he is the reason All Might is basically dead as a hero.

There's this, and other events recently putting even more pressure. First he lost to Deku in the 2v2 bomb test, then he thought he destroyed his idol (who had already had to rescue him once before) by being too weak, then he couldn't get his license, and now it looks like he can't even beat Deku in a straight brawl. From his point of view it would be understandable to be immensely frustrated with what's been going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the hand belongs to dekus dad

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

where the red fern gropes posted:

the hand belongs to dekus dad
Yeah

All Might, like everyone said

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope it's this Sasuke guy everyone keeps bringing up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm just saying, there's only one character in this series whose greatest defining feature is his hands......

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terper posted:

I'm just saying, there's only one character in this series whose greatest defining feature is his hands......

But that arm looks way too thin to be Shouji's...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terper posted:

If Shigaraki's on campus then things are going to poo poo really quickly. I mean, I don't know why he'd be stopping Aizawa like that, given that letting Aizawa see him prevents his power, but if the VA were making a move on the school grounds after all the security there and stuff, then they're not screwing around. It'd be escalating things a lot faster than I think would be happening right now. It's not impossible, but it'd be really odd both in-story and from a narrative standpoint, I think.

Personally, I'm in the "it's probably All Might doing what he thinks feels right or whatever" camp.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Roland Jones posted:

If Shigaraki's on campus then things are going to poo poo really quickly. I mean, I don't know why he'd be stopping Aizawa like that, given that letting Aizawa see him prevents his power, but if the VA were making a move on the school grounds after all the security there and stuff, then they're not screwing around. It'd be escalating things a lot faster than I think would be happening right now. It's not impossible, but it'd be really odd both in-story and from a narrative standpoint, I think.

Personally, I'm in the "it's probably All Might doing what he thinks feels right or whatever" camp.
It'd work if it was All Might, or Shigaraki/the Villain Alliance. Isolating Midoriya/Bakugou from the rest of the class and forcing them to work together wouldn't be a bad hook for a new attack arc.

I'm not sure that's the case though- literally like a chapter or two before this All For One mentions he thinks that Shigaraki and the VA were going to lie low for quite a while and that other groups of villains were going to be a problem.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I hope it's this Sasuke guy everyone keeps bringing up.

oh so that's why deku's dad is never around

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah... Sorry.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mo_Steel posted:

There's this, and other events recently putting even more pressure. First he lost to Deku in the 2v2 bomb test, then he thought he destroyed his idol (who had already had to rescue him once before) by being too weak, then he couldn't get his license, and now it looks like he can't even beat Deku in a straight brawl. From his point of view it would be understandable to be immensely frustrated with what's been going on.

Losing to Deku in a straight brawl might be what he wants.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This is the shounen we, and kids everywhere, deserve.

How does it get right all the things that the others did not?

Also we need a second season of the anime already, because I feel like it only really got good after where we left off.

At least that is how it felt to me as someone who was ahead of the anime.

MHA had a really strong start though, it still gets to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's a pretty huge oversell.

MHA is some good rear end shonen manga, but it's not the best in class in any way.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's the best currently publishing IMO, although I won't argue with people who say One Piece.

Besides One Piece, the competition is not particularly fierce.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not weeklies so I'd say the genre isn't totally equal in comparison, but both of ONE's active shonen manga are better than MHA.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I can't really get into One Piece because it's a fuckload to get into and that kinda hampers it as a show.

But I was mainly comparing it to Naruto and Bleach, both if which lost me at some point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they are if you like them more but not if you don't. it's not a contest, they're all good and you don't have to pick one to like more than the others

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordaedil posted:

I can't really get into One Piece because it's a fuckload to get into and that kinda hampers it as a show.

But I was mainly comparing it to Naruto and Bleach, both if which lost me at some point

The first 700ish chapters of one piece are officially colored and have decent to good translations on kissmanga. Don't watch the anime. Read up through the arlong park arc and you'll understand why people love one piece.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The first 700ish chapters of one piece are officially colored and have decent to good translations on kissmanga. Don't watch the anime. Read up through the arlong park arc and you'll understand why people love one piece.

The colours are controversial, but I found they helped me a lot - by the Skypeia arc, Oda's art gets very heavy on detail and light on shading, making it hard to visually process. The colours add a lot of clarity, and really bring out that detail.

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
I have an important question about All Might:

When he cums, does he scream out "Detroit Splash!"?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait they're all colored? Man, I kinda wanna go back and look now...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I will then, since I read manga on Mangarock app and I am currently on a drought for interesting stuff to read.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I will then, since I read manga on Mangarock app and I am currently on a drought for interesting stuff to read.

Read Beelzebub and Hunter x Hunter if you haven't already.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordaedil posted:

do I have a thread for you then

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fluffykittys posted:

I have an important question about All Might:

When he cums, does he scream out "Detroit Splash!"?

"Florida!"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They're not weeklies so I'd say the genre isn't totally equal in comparison, but both of ONE's active shonen manga are better than MHA.
I couldn't ever get into Mob Psycho and he doesn't update his version of OPM very much. Murata's redraw is stuck in a far less interesting filler hell because of it.

One Piece is getting pretty good again but man if Dressrosa drat near made me completely lose interest.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Fabricated posted:

I couldn't ever get into Mob Psycho and he doesn't update his version of OPM very much. Murata's redraw is stuck in a far less interesting filler hell because of it.

One Piece is getting pretty good again but man if Dressrosa drat near made me completely lose interest.

mob psycho is amazing, and dressrosa is long over.

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
Tsuyu is the best. Tsuyu wins all.

:nws:http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/134/533/b11.gif:nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 4, 2016

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I don't know if this is the best place to post your top anime teen jiggling frog rear end pics.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yeah, it's not. It did, however, let me know to ignore him. His previous posts were bad, so yeah.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

well uh

anyway s2 PV
https://youtu.be/9ZIgCYSn3e8

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yesss.

(I also just found out that there was a Little Witch Academia anime thanks to the related videos, thanks for the link!)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lookit this dork

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

key party favors posted:

mob psycho is amazing, and dressrosa is long over.
It was really bad and went on for like a whole year though.

Was wondering when we were going to start seeing PV material. I mean, the OVA comes out soonish?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Dressrosa lasted about 100 chapters, which is about 2 years.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vengarr posted:

It's the best currently publishing IMO, although I won't argue with people who say One Piece.

Besides One Piece, the competition is not particularly fierce.

I think having recently caught up with both I like Shokugeki more, but MHA is really good and definitely the higher quality series overall (hits it's stride way, way earlier too).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

key party favors posted:

I don't know if this is the best place to post your top anime teen jiggling frog rear end pics.

Work safe fan art only.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry but if this is what we're getting, then I'd rather post jiggling frog rear end.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 4, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That might be work safe but it sure isn't mind safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Work safe fan art only.

This isn't safe for anything.