Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Zombie/Spirit is the correct NS team

Acolyte has a place in gimmick threes teams.

Initiate is specifically worth getting to 7* and leaving at gear 7 or so (I think that’s the sweet spot of getting as much Crit as possible without too much health. Somewhere around there), and using for a gimmick squad in P3 of the Sith raid that can do 40m+ damage. (The other pieces you need are Ventress, Talzin, and Daka, along with Jedi Knight Anakin at G12, with Zeta’s on Ventress unique and Talzin lead.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Zombie/Spirit is the correct NS team

Acolyte has a place in gimmick threes teams.

Initiate is specifically worth getting to 7* and leaving at gear 7 or so (I think that’s the sweet spot of getting as much Crit as possible without too much health. Somewhere around there), and using for a gimmick squad in P3 of the Sith raid that can do 40m+ damage. (The other pieces you need are Ventress, Talzin, and Daka, along with Jedi Knight Anakin at G12, with Zeta’s on Ventress unique and Talzin lead.)

Awesome, thanks.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
acolyte was a weird gimmick arena team for a while, she would stealth and then unless you had aoe you were just stuck fighting zombie until the timer ran out. In some TWs and GAC youll see enfys subbed in for a 5th instead of spirit or aco

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

acolyte was a weird gimmick arena team for a while, she would stealth and then unless you had aoe you were just stuck fighting zombie until the timer ran out.

Yeah, I remember being pissed off by this more than once, which is why I didn't know if it was still a thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I remember being pissed off by this more than once, which is why I didn't know if it was still a thing.

It very much is, but most of the accepted NS counters have ways of dealing with a stealthy acolyte.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Nothing has changed mechanically to make it not work, it's just... not a problem for any proper NS counter, whereas a hard hitting Spirit stunning the poo poo out of somebody can be.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still every once and a while come up against Nightsister teams that have zombies that never lose their taunt so you cannot defeat them without attack all abilities.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
for lovely NS teams I use my IT, for g12 with maybe 1 or 2 relics I use EP, for high end NS I use EP with thrawn, if they were all relic I might add sion

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Just lol if you still have to fight NS teams for any reason, arena or otherwise.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Please come join us in the discord, if you haven't already. A lot more activity there than the in game chat. Also a lot of detailed pins to help in different modes.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Everyone, in case the forums get shut down or some other radical thing happens, come join us on Discord:

https://discord.gg/mUY8fz

We'll try to keep this community together, at the very least. 99% of the community discussions are on there. Come hang out!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Everyone, in case the forums get shut down or some other radical thing happens, come join us on Discord:

We'll try to keep this community together, at the very least. 99% of the community discussions are on there. Come hang out!

:hmmyes:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MichiganCubbie posted:

It's one of the best goon communities I've ever been part of. Also the game.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I started playing some time in May, whaled for a bit (hyperdrive and mostly energy since then). I find that I enjoy the game, though I'm trying to stop whaling (2 weeks clean). Is it still enjoyable at F2P?

e: also, discord link is expired.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 29, 2020

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Datasmurf posted:

So I started playing some time in May, whaled for a bit (hyperdrive and mostly energy since then). I find that I enjoy the game, though I'm trying to stop whaling (2 weeks clean). Is it still enjoyable at F2P?

https://discord.gg/8AH8SH This one will expire in one day since I can't make one that lasts longer.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
heres a new (semi)permanent one https://discord.gg/wH9UEhZ

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Datasmurf posted:

I've been almost entirely F2P for the over 4 years (jesus) I've played, as in I've spent maybe $20 total, and I enjoy the hell out of this silly game.

In the Discord, request a spot in the QGJ guild. We appear to have one spot open, and we'll get you in and get you some friend requests to get you some high level friends to let you power through so low level missions easily! Unless you've already done this...still waking up, and I haven't loaded up Discord yet. If you have, ignore me.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Sure thing. Mostly stuck at dark 9 missions, though. I seem to have, ahem, focused light side a bit too much.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Datasmurf posted:

Sure thing. Mostly stuck at dark 9 missions, though. I seem to have, ahem, focused light side a bit too much.

Long time playing allies will be very useful then, as a relic'd Darth Revan can solo the whole dark side table by himself, ditto for jedi knight revan & light side.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Datasmurf posted:

Game's enjoyable without spending money.

Hyperdrive bundle is a great investment, so just look at it like that and lean into the actual gameplay loop, which is just climbing arena and burning energy to 7* your collection mans.

Buy your cheap refreshes with your organic crystal accumulation to speed up farms.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

QGJ, the second goon guild, currently has about 15 spots open after clearing out some of the inactive folks. We're clearing everything but the two most recent modes(the newish Dark Side and Light side territory battle) and the rewards from the content we are clearing can help new accounts a lot. Join us in the disc and ask for an invite. Now is as good a time to join as you're likely to get if you've been on the fence.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey everybody! If anyone's interested in trying this game, or if you're already playing and not in one of the goon guilds, we have a bunch of spots in Qui Goon-Jinn. Come hang out with us in the discord, get strategies, see memes, and join our community!!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Well, you've piqued my interest. How do I join?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
come join the star war

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

Well, you've piqued my interest. How do I join?

The game or the group? Either way, join the discord: https://discord.gg/wH9UEhZ

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
they're adding mon mothma and if that's not enough toc onvince u fucks to join us, idk man

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crumbletron posted:

they're adding mon mothma and if that's not enough toc onvince u fucks to join us, idk man

And we didn't even need many Bothans to die to bring us this.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 24, 2020

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kirtar posted:

And we didn't even need many Bothans to die to bring us this.

many streamers did, tho...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

many streamers did, tho...

:mmmhmm:

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Bumping to remind folks we're still out there. We've got 2 solid guilds going and space for a few more folks in one.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Bumping to remind folks we're still out there. Our newer guild is clearing most content. Still a few spots left and the discord is very active and full of advice for new players.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yea, see, play this poo poo game with us.

CG is a colostomy bag of embarrassing design antics. Their most recent SUPER TOON that would take a normal person probably 2 years to unlock.... can be under-dogged by a team that's like 2-3 years old.

General advice for new players... just farm First Order or Empire to unlock Supreme Leader Kylo Ren or Sith Eternal Emperor.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
please join QGJ so they don't have to accept nazi pubbies

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

cum play milord

phone games are bad, but phone games with goons are less bad

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Get Bounty Hunters going and have fun exploding jawas for buffs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My current strongest team is Darth Revan, Darth Vader, Palpatine, Darth Sion and Fallen Bastilla. My second is JK Revan, Bastilla, Jolee Bindu, Hermit Yoda and GM Yoda.

My biggest issue is fleet battles just seem so incredibly hard. Like My ships do barely any damage and the opponents even if they're the exact same ship that's at a lower level does much, much more damage than I do. Also the AI fleets get faster reenforcements than I do. I used to do fine with ships when you started with 5 ships, but when they moved it to 3 starting I just get destroyed. There's so much stuff locked in the hard fleet battles that I really could use, mostly Shaak-Ti shards.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My current strongest team is Darth Revan, Darth Vader, Palpatine, Darth Sion and Fallen Bastilla. My second is JK Revan, Bastilla, Jolee Bindu, Hermit Yoda and GM Yoda.

My biggest issue is fleet battles just seem so incredibly hard. Like My ships do barely any damage and the opponents even if they're the exact same ship that's at a lower level does much, much more damage than I do. Also the AI fleets get faster reenforcements than I do. I used to do fine with ships when you started with 5 ships, but when they moved it to 3 starting I just get destroyed. There's so much stuff locked in the hard fleet battles that I really could use, mostly Shaak-Ti shards.

You need to gear up your pilots and put 5dot mods on them to maximize ship power. This is how you improve your speed.

Relics take it even further.

Of course if you're trying to beat negotiator with imperials/sith, that's an up hill battle no matter what.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

You need to gear up your pilots and put 5dot mods on them to maximize ship power. This is how you improve your speed.

Relics take it even further.

Of course if you're trying to beat negotiator with imperials/sith, that's an up hill battle no matter what.

Yea, that's what I have done for most of my ships i've used. But they still get torn apart by the enemies. Like you can straight up see TIE Silencer do like 5k damage and then get hit by an enemy who does 20k. And this is against teams with much lower power than I do, like when a 150k fleet absolutely wipes the floor with my 300+ fleet I feel like there is some aspect of space battles that I'm missing. Or just a lot of people are cheating.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's what I have done for most of my ships i've used. But they still get torn apart by the enemies. Like you can straight up see TIE Silencer do like 5k damage and then get hit by an enemy who does 20k. And this is against teams with much lower power than I do, like when a 150k fleet absolutely wipes the floor with my 300+ fleet I feel like there is some aspect of space battles that I'm missing. Or just a lot of people are cheating.

What fleet are you using? What fleets are you going up against?

Do remember that overall fleet power is especially misleading as it can reflect the power of reinforcements and number of pilots which don’t actually have much to do directly with success, and, in the case of third and fourth reinforcements that restealth get called, are often just pure GP inflation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

What fleet are you using? What fleets are you going up against?

Do remember that overall fleet power is especially misleading as it can reflect the power of reinforcements and number of pilots which don’t actually have much to do directly with success, and, in the case of third and fourth reinforcements that restealth get called, are often just pure GP inflation.

You can see my lineup here
https://swgoh.gg/p/958318655/

But that seems to be the fundamental mechanic i'm missing, power not being a good indicator of your fleet.