Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I have yet to lose a Pharah on Pharah dogfight if it's 1v1. I'm not saying I'm hot poo poo or anything so much as how are there so many bad Pharahs

I looked at the official forums where someone is asking for advice on how to win these and everyone's like "Don't, it's futile to try to hit her in the air" and pffffffffffffffffffft I do that poo poo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Akumos posted:

Mei seems underrated to me right now, I think people just aren't quick enough with ice block/wall in regards to denying burst damage. It's actually really easy to duel McCree if you pop ice block immediately and waste his flashbang, almost no one bothers to wait, they just throw it immediately.

Her ice walls are hard to use but can provide some amazing saves. I had a round on King's Row defense where I dropped an ice wall right in the first choke right as a Reinhardt used his ultimate. Turns out it doesn't hit through an ice wall. She's also good at camping a flank route, just blocking flankers from slipping through or separating people if they try and make a bigger push. Someone trying to flank with a support with them is scary. Not so much when you separate and kill them one by one.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

MohShuvuu posted:

I had a double kill where I killed a junkrat and deflected his death grenades, which killed the mercy on him. Genji is awesome.
Fun Genji tip: If you can hit a rip tire (100hp) with 2 shurikens (28*2 dmg), it will bring its health down low enough that swift strike (50 dmg) will kill it. It's incredibly useful because you can often intercept the tire as its flying overhead or otherwise is headed for your team. It doesn't kill Genji unless the junkrat detonates it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Protip: Please don't push away from the payload at the end on the Hollywood map only to let me as Reinhardt charge through your defense and back it up to the goal with shield in hand. Literally stole that win.

This loving game, man. :getin:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

There's achievements for killing 4 enemies with a single Hanzo or DVa ult.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Elman posted:

It's still doable after a Zarya ultimate but otherwise yeah I dunno

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jun 10, 2016

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Super glad I don't go by an identifiably female tag.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Fun Mei strategies: walling off a D.Va who is trying to run away from her own Ult.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

FranktheBank posted:

I agree. There is such few things I can find to bitch about. Except McCree. gently caress you McCree.

He's actually not easy to use. I mean I wish he was this super OP hero that way I could abuse him like I still abuse Bastion in pub games.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Yeah, it's really easy staying on fire as Zen or Lucio. That is, as long as you don't get sniped every five seconds, at least.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Elman posted:

Yup, 10+ hours of Hanzo without being able to kill 4 people with it. Everyone scatters too quickly at the sound of the ult. You usually have 1-2 snipers far back, a pharah up above, a flanker on the sides, so there's often only like 2 people in one spot at once to even land on a Zarya ult. I don't even like playing Hanzo, but it's one of the last few achievements I need.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Elman posted:

You can get the 4 man Hanzo ult on KOTH without help. Fire it through a wall right next to a control point.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Has anyone seen a unicorn zen potg yet?

I swear I should be close to being considered, but since the algorithm is racist against chillbots it gives it to a bastion or reaper getting 1 kill

I got one last night, but it felt more like the game was shaming all 12 of us for not doing something more interesting. The entire defense lost track of me on Anubis B, so I wound up accidentally flanking, and then they never turned around when I started orbing them in the back :shrug:

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I wish Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony didn't require line of sight to stick to a target. He doesn't feel like a better healer than Mercy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kurzon posted:

I wish Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony didn't require line of sight to stick to a target. He doesn't feel like a better healer than Mercy.

He's not supposed to be.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Kurzon posted:

Zenyatta is more of an anti-tank support who happens to also heal.

Well, anti-everything, but tanks feel it the most.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 10, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Kurzon posted:

He's not supposed to be. Line of sight came in after beta because it was boring otherwise. He will never do more healing than Mercy because he makes up for it with his orb of discord and almost sniper like accuracy. You can wreck fools easy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They went in pretty hard with Zenyatta's buddhist thing, I always find myself reincarnated as a different hero shortly after picking him

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't get what I'm doing wrong with Roadhog. I hook, hold left click on their heads and melee, but half the time they're already dodging and get out of the way by the time I do shoot. Meanwhile I've seen other Roadhogs who seem to consistently instagib <250 Hp like it's nobody's business. Am I missing something?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Elman posted:

I don't get what I'm doing wrong with Roadhog. I hook, hold left click on their heads and melee, but half the time they're already dodging and get out of the way by the time I do shoot. Meanwhile I've seen other Roadhogs who seem to consistently instagib <250 Hp like it's nobody's business. Am I missing something?

The hook has a fixed stun timer. At max range the stun just about wears off which gives them a chance to survive. Try to hook when you're closer.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Elman posted:

Roadhog's hook does a fixed stun, so hooking someone at the end of its effective range gives them time to react.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Has anybody tried Bastion on the Volskaya moving platforms yet? It's pretty amazing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Has anybody tried Bastion on the Volskaya moving platforms yet? It's pretty amazing.

Yes, that strat has also made me very aware of them on that map and in Route 66.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's hilarious to do every so often but people catch on pretty fast.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Have a Torb do it first so when they see you, they think it's a normal turret like the last few times, until they're dead.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

They went in pretty hard with Zenyatta's buddhist thing, I always find myself reincarnated as a different hero shortly after picking him

:golfclap:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

But good luck staying on fire while you march your way back up to where the action is

Occasionally when I'm on Torbjörn, running from spawn, I notice that I have ult up and my turret is taking minor damage so I just use my ult and enjoy the phat eliminations and PotG. But yeah, a bit harder to get "on fire" or stay on fire for other heroes when running back to action :gary:

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

Elman posted:

Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ERiJiGPPo

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Enemy turret's not gonna bother us anymore :D

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

pulp rag posted:

Holy gently caress, the "make sure your win rate is exactly 50%" is so loving real.

I'm level 40, and got paired against a team with two 120+ players, the rest around 80.

That poo poo is bonkers.

400 games played and I'm 200/200. loving A

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

apostateCourier posted:

yorshka and iris are girls name too so

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

You can get the 4 man Hanzo ult on KOTH without help. Fire it through a wall right next to a control point.

Even then, people scramble pretty quick, or break it down/transcendence, reaper wraith, mei blocks, etc. I've been trying for 10+ hours on Hanzo without a quad-kill ult. I need to find a good Zarya partner and play some games with them and hope that the team doesn't run 2 snipers in the rear, a farah in the air, a reaper/mccree roaming around, and only a tank/support in one spot so that we can grab 4+ of them.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You absolutely do not, under any circumstances, want to leave a Zenyatta alive. He shits out DPS so hard and so fast and causes everyone on his team to do more damage that if you don't make him a priority target you can kiss goodbye to anyone not standing behind a shield of some kind.

He can single-handedly wipe a team if he's good.

The best Mercy can hope for is her idiot team will kill people, Zenyatta doesn't leave it up to chance and decides he'll do the job for them (since they're terribad)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Anyone get really weird camera shake in some of their POTGs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKRuMMaRv0

i posted this video in the chill thread yesterday and everyone thinks i have parkinsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW_KuhHBnBI

could it be... that i DON'T have parkinsons!??!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Relin posted:

yorshka and iris are girls name too so

Neither is nearly as girly as something with "rose" in it and I'm not sure why it matters anyway.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

I'm super glad I mute Match/Team chat the instant I get into Quick Play. I have something like 800~ games (including closed beta) under my belt and the chat has been useful maybe twice.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Neither is nearly as girly as something with "rose" in it and I'm not sure why it matters anyway.

yes rose = female

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

a cat on an apple posted:

yes rose = female

This is the dumbest thing in the world to argue about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

a cat on an apple posted:

yes rose = female

i mean it is literally a girl's name