Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Elyv posted:

I'm kind of tempted to 5 star my tiki just to feed ytiki lightning breath+ and make her good again but that's so many feathers :gonk:

I am tempted to do the same, but feed the weapon to Ninian. And I'm probably going to do it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

I am tempted to do the same, but feed the weapon to Ninian. And I'm probably going to do it, too.

I pulled the trigger on YTiki

don't let your dreams be dreams

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

He's really bad. His base attack of 25 is 5th lowest in the whole game, and only one of the heroes with lower attack also has lower speed. He can soak up hits pretty well but there's really no sense in trying to build him to proactively accomplish things
Lovely. I'll just keep him around for the hell of it then.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

I pulled the trigger on YTiki

don't let your dreams be dreams

Oh I intend to! Just as soon as I get 20k feathers again. I'll be more than halfway there thanks to cleaning up in Waifu Wars and doing decently in the Arena!

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Okay so I'm finally about to hit the magic 20k feather mark, but I'm not sure what the best use of them right now would be. I can either bust my -hp +Atk Nino up to 5 stars, or I can use them to rank up one of my subakis to at least get quick riposte 2 on Minerva and get a few hone attacks and speeds on eldigan Minerva, and spring Camilla. I could also get draconic aura on s Camilla and maybe death blow or triangle Adept.

Long story short, since I'm still building my a team am I better off using feathers for inherited skills or for getting guys to 5 stars? I currently run eldigan azura Minerva and spring Camilla. Sitting at 4 stars are Eirika lilina and Nino. What would you guys do?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Brave Lance Effie is grotesque. Is Noontime better than Bonfire for her special?

Also, for Lucina, is Vantage better than Quick Riposte?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

surf rock posted:

Brave Lance Effie is grotesque. Is Noontime better than Bonfire for her special?

Also, for Lucina, is Vantage better than Quick Riposte?

Brave Lance Effie already murders everything that gets in range, what would you need bonfire for?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A good source of self-healing makes a much bigger difference than higher damage numbers, unless there's something very specific that you need Effie to be able to kill that the rest of your party can't.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why does the arena keep closing so early? :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Jenny Angel posted:

For real? I thought it was just going from "the only factor" to "one of several factors"
Sorry I meant that fury boosting your BST won't matter

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Did we reach the 5 billion? because I don't have time even do the battle royale.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Camilla was 26 billion alone

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That's good. I think I spend like 400 flags because I was so busy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
hmmmm, i'l have enough feathers for another upgrade after arena reopens, question now is 5* Sully, or more plusses for Selena........

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
So I've finally broken the 20,000 feather mark for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out who to upgrade. Right now my 5*s are Lucina (+Def/-Atk), Caeda (+Atk/-Spd), Abel (+Def/-HP), Camilla (+Atk/-HP), Sakura (+Res/-Atk), and Priscilla (+Spd/-Atk) (and I've also got another Priscilla whose stats I don't know because I forgot to check before leveling her up). I'm leaning towards promoting my Kagero (Neutral), but I know dancers are really useful, so I could promote my Olivia (+Spd/-Def) instead. I'm still early on, obviously, so I'm just trying to figure out what will help me most in getting a first decent team established. I've got other options, too, though - would trying to get a 5* magic user be more important first? I've got Nino, Robin, and Odin available, though the first two have what I suspect are kind of crappy IVs (+HP/-Res and +Def/-HP respectively), while the Odin is +Spd/-Res, which seems better. Any advice?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Viscardus posted:

So I've finally broken the 20,000 feather mark for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out who to upgrade. Right now my 5*s are Lucina (+Def/-Atk), Caeda (+Atk/-Spd), Abel (+Def/-HP), Camilla (+Atk/-HP), Sakura (+Res/-Atk), and Priscilla (+Spd/-Atk) (and I've also got another Priscilla whose stats I don't know because I forgot to check before leveling her up). I'm leaning towards promoting my Kagero (Neutral), but I know dancers are really useful, so I could promote my Olivia (+Spd/-Def) instead. I'm still early on, obviously, so I'm just trying to figure out what will help me most in getting a first decent team established. I've got other options, too, though - would trying to get a 5* magic user be more important first? I've got Nino, Robin, and Odin available, though the first two have what I suspect are kind of crappy IVs (+HP/-Res and +Def/-HP respectively), while the Odin is +Spd/-Res, which seems better. Any advice?

Dancers are are good at 4* since you usually don't want to be fighting with them so spending 20k on upgrading Olivia isn't really needed.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a neutral 5* hawkeye, is he any good or should I feel free to sacrifice him to my Kagero for death blow 3?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have a neutral 5* hawkeye, is he any good or should I feel free to sacrifice him to my Kagero for death blow 3?

Feel free to sacrifice him to Kagero

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tae posted:

Camilla was 26 billion alone

I really want to see a battle royale where every single user, or really close to it, picks a single unit. Just to see how brokenly batshit we can get those point differences.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Viscardus posted:

+def -hp isn't bad for robin. Arena changes most likely tomorrow, I would wait to see how that plays out.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are the rest of the April changes like 99 stamina limit also coming tomorrow?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are the rest of the April changes like 99 stamina limit also coming tomorrow?

Nobody knows

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Whoops, I just realized I also have a 3* Robin who is +Spd/-Res. I'm guessing that's the one I probably want to promote, even if it costs an extra 2,000 feathers.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Robin ideally wants +Atk so he can ohko more stuff with Triangle Adept.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

really want GHB: xander crews already thx

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I'm not sure why but the arena quests are gone. I thought those were supposed to be permanent. I'm sure someone will riot at the lack of free orbs.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, I'm not sure why but the arena quests are gone. I thought those were supposed to be permanent. I'm sure someone will riot at the lack of free orbs.

It's me.

Well not really, but the daily quests were what was keeping me particularly engaged with the game. Hopefully this is a temporary hiccup.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

It's gonna suck if this is a permanent deal since it's on the tail end of the spring event and also fucks over everyone who did all the other content as people do for these games.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

That seems like an odd choice. I would've thought you wanted to trickle orbs to people so they've got enough for a few rolls, and might become tempted to buy more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There was a similar short break without orbs the last time the daily rewards went away. It's pretty pointless to speculate on this when something is most likely coming after the maintenance.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man, i just saw this on reddit and it's a thing of pure beauty

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
99,994th in the overall rank after not playing after Subaki was eliminated.

Squeaked in there.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

There was a similar short break without orbs the last time the daily rewards went away. It's pretty pointless to speculate on this when something is most likely coming after the maintenance.

At that time we still had one a day from the Arena quests. Right now it's one a week, which is obviously unsustainable. But it's nice how they're making it so I can completely ignore the game I guess.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They probably thought the 6 hours of maintenance today(?) would make a full set of arena quests tricky.

Look forward to a bunch of new quests to go with the new content in v1.2.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

sassassin posted:

99,994th in the overall rank after not playing after Subaki was eliminated.

Squeaked in there.

Did you have over 10 friends for most or all of that time? Because I kept going throughout the event and only reached overall rank 100,001 and I only reached the maximum point where friends add to the score during the third round thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lovechop posted:

man, i just saw this on reddit and it's a thing of pure beauty

Wait, does that happen? If I give someone an egg or a carrot does their sprite change?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Wait, does that happen? If I give someone an egg or a carrot does their sprite change?

Yes. It works with all(?) weapons.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Andrast posted:

Yes. It works with all(?) weapons.

Cool. Most inheritable weapons don't look at all unique enough to be noticeable so that's cool to know.

Also every single PVP fight I had today was on the same lovely tree map against teams of fliers. :shepface:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Akett posted:

Did you have over 10 friends for most or all of that time? Because I kept going throughout the event and only reached overall rank 100,001 and I only reached the maximum point where friends add to the score during the third round thing.

Yeah, I've got ~20 friends on my list (only 1 was in team Subaki so level 31 Selena featured in every battle).

First two rounds I spent all the flags with the character bonus. Then went for Camilla and earned maybe 600 points before the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, having friends affects the score you get during the event?