Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oldpainless posted:

When yakko sings the countries of the world he lists Asia

Son of a bitch, he totally does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w&t=72s

He even waves the pointer all at the region to be like "See? Asia!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
loving global warming... :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Brah, Europe, America, Asia, whatever. It's all Pangaea, bro.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

WampaLord posted:

Son of a bitch, he totally does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w&t=72s

He even waves the pointer all at the region to be like "See? Asia!"

He also lists "Carribean."

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BioEnchanted posted:

Hell, England's a tiny island at the same longitude as the middle of Canada and Russia. We're lucky we've got the transatlantic current keeping us warm like a big, wet, security blanket.

England isn't an island.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My bad - Part of a tiny island. :v:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MrYenko posted:

He also lists "Carribean."

While still highlighting Haiti, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BioEnchanted posted:

My bad - Part of a tiny island. :v:

:scotland:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

TontoCorazon posted:

While still highlighting Haiti, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic.

Bermuda isn't a country, either.

I feel like the crying sheep should be on a Welsh flag. Not sure what Scotland would get in this case, though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Crying Nicola Sturgeon

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Who'd have guessed it, Niantic hosed up their Chicago Pokemon Go event.

People there couldn't play, the game crashed nonstop, none of the specials could be unlocked. At the end, as the final kick in the teeth, Niantic told everyone to go home because everything was done, they'd get a refund, etc....and then they flooded the park with the special legendary raids.

Last I heard spoofers are picking up 20+ each of the special raid Pokemon because gently caress it, Niantic isn't gonna stop them, they're trying not to get more water bottles thrown on stage and call the riot police.

They shot both feet with this one.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I only understand parts of that but it sounds sucky and a bad markinting mood

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I love it when people just throw together big events and it all falls to poo poo.

Speaking of Dumb Marketing: Evidently this whole thing with Phelps racing a shark is blowing up because they used a CGI shark.

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Jul 24, 2017

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Who'd have guessed it, Niantic hosed up their Chicago Pokemon Go event.

People there couldn't play, the game crashed nonstop, none of the specials could be unlocked. At the end, as the final kick in the teeth, Niantic told everyone to go home because everything was done, they'd get a refund, etc....and then they flooded the park with the special legendary raids.

Last I heard spoofers are picking up 20+ each of the special raid Pokemon because gently caress it, Niantic isn't gonna stop them, they're trying not to get more water bottles thrown on stage and call the riot police.

They shot both feet with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFm8SJ0VOaA

it went really bad, yep

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Niantic is about as good at hosting events as they are at making games, it seems.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

feel good video of the year

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

My shoes are soaked from all the pokemon out there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

People still play Pokemon GO?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

What's up Brandon aka Mystic7 here and Pokemon go is my full time duty career lifestyle

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I have never wanted to punch a person more

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hi there, I'm Tremendous Prick, and I've invested all my life into POGs, which will never go out of style.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pokémon Go is remarkable in that it basically changed how society functioned for like a month, then everyone realized the game was bad and dropped off.

At least it got the brand awareness up in time for Sun and Moon, so it's still a win as far as Nintendo's concerned.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Waffleman_ posted:

Pokémon Go is remarkable in that it basically changed how society functioned for like a month, then everyone realized the game was bad and dropped off.

At least it got the brand awareness up in time for Sun and Moon, so it's still a win as far as Nintendo's concerned.

It's intriguing to think about what Pokémon Go could have turned into if the game wasn't completely terrible, but alas it is only a dream.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Have you ever wished your mortgage company were a bit more... personal? Someone who really looked out for you? Someone you felt like you could hang with?

Well you're in luck -- NationStar Mortgage has rebranded itself as... Mr. Cooper.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/40016-its-official-nationstar-will-become-mr-cooper-in-august-2017

quote:

While Mr. Cooper may seem like an  “out of left field” option for a mortgage company, Nationstar said that the idea is to personalize the mortgage experience from origination all the way through servicing.

“After extensive research and testing, Mr. Cooper was selected as the new brand name to personify the next generation of home loan servicing and lending for the company,” Nationstar said in its release. “It represents a more personal relationship customers can have with their home loan provider. The brand recognizes the critical role of a customer advocate in delivering a positive experience and aligns the entire company behind the spirit of customer advocacy.”
......sure, OK

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Corrode posted:

It's intriguing to think about what Pokémon Go could have turned into if the game wasn't completely terrible, but alas it is only a dream.

Yeah, it was fun to find Pokémon in weird situations for a couple of months but if I wanted to do anything other than collect I had to deal with a) there being way too many people playing seriously in the city and b) vastly inferior gameplay to actual Pokémon games. It just got me playing emulators.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Hangin' With Mr. Cooper

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Johnny Aztec posted:

I love it when people just throw together big events and it all falls to poo poo.

Speaking of Dumb Marketing: Evidently this whole thing with Phelps racing a shark is blowing up because they used a CGI shark.

Shark week jumped over itself.

:dadjoke:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah, it was fun to find Pokémon in weird situations for a couple of months but if I wanted to do anything other than collect I had to deal with a) there being way too many people playing seriously in the city and b) vastly inferior gameplay to actual Pokémon games. It just got me playing emulators.

It was honestly bizarre how bad the game was. There was this whole system for catching Pokémon and levelling them up and so on and then you just... did nothing with them, except the gym battles which were completely awful. And yeah, since you could just zerg rush stuff those down, anywhere with a large number of people playing would end up changing constantly anyway. I don't know whether it was part of the licensing preventing "real" Pokémon battles or inability to execute it or what, but after the first couple of weeks of catching 'mons at the bus stop there was nothing left to do unless you wanted to traipse all over the city staring at your phone in case something rare appeared.

e: Just realised this whole post was in the past tense about a game that still exists, which is either me being lazy or a sign of how dead Go is.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My Pokémon GO story is that a friend of mine almost walked into traffic trying to get into range of a nearby thing he wanted to catch. People had to physically pull him backward to keep him from walking in front of a car.

I played it for about a week or 2 myself, but caught my favorite Pokémon within the first week, and found out that leveling up was either a long slog or would cost money, and either way was ultimately pointless because there was no real way to battle them. There was a time I was driving with a friend of mine who was playing it in the passenger seat, and he noticed there was a bait laid at a nearby stop. I decided we'd head there, park for a bit, try and catch what was there, then move on. As we got there, somebody stopped dead in front of us, weaved back and forth in the road, and then finally pulled over to park. We looked in, and saw 4 people with their phones out, and assumed they were also playing. We turn the corner to find more parking, and almost hit a guy who is driving smack in the middle of a 2-way street and nearly blows a stop sign. We look in, and there's again 4 people looking down at their phones. We finally get the thing that was lured there, and as we're driving away, we just see swarms of teens moving toward this bait point staring down at their phones. That's about the time that I decided to stop playing.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
"Go is dead. Go remains dead." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Go dead, so what

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I occasionally turn on Go when I'm like, walking through the nearby city (I live in a very rural town...good luck finding anything good there) and I've had the game since day one, and haven't joined a team. Eff that crap. I like to say to others I'm Team Rocket when they ask, but considering I'm not even doing the gym/raid stuff due to no team, there's even less reason to be hooked on it for me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It has really similar gameplay to its predecessor, Ingress (and one might argue deeper gameplay, since Ingress doesn't have battling), but I think the problem it encountered was the ridiculous popularity. Ingress has a fraction of the players that Pokemon Go had when it first launched, so there was basically no option other than sudden and violent collapse of their servers.

They also pushed the game out so fast that it was lacking in major features, like trading Pokemon.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I liked how within 3 days people were stereotyping the 3 factions like "wow those idiots on valor what a bunch of mouthbreathers."

Human tribalism is insane.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't really have a problem with Pokemon Go (which I've never played nor had a desire to play) itself, but I got really disgusted with Go players who tried to argue that they were perfectly justified in tromping through the Holocaust museum in search of a Pokemon. The game wasn't as bad as the fact that some of its players had no respect for their surroundings.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't really have a problem with Pokemon Go (which I've never played nor had a desire to play) itself, but I got really disgusted with Go players who tried to argue that they were perfectly justified in tromping through the Holocaust museum in search of a Pokemon. The game wasn't as bad as the fact that some of its players had no respect for their surroundings.

My girlfriends gender neutral sibling tried to talk her into going through this one graveyard near us because it had like 20 pokestops in it. They didn't see a problem with that at all. Thankfully the girlfriend has enough common sense to know somethings are just a hard no.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I only played Go because my cubical was within range of a Poke-stop so I could just load up on balls and gems while I worked.

So I failed at the GO part of Pokémon GO. gently caress walking.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Len posted:

My girlfriends gender neutral sibling tried to talk her into going through this one graveyard near us because it had like 20 pokestops in it. They didn't see a problem with that at all. Thankfully the girlfriend has enough common sense to know somethings are just a hard no.

The holocaust museum is one thing, but how would this have been different from going for a walk through the graveyard?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

SiKboy posted:

The holocaust museum is one thing, but how would this have been different from going for a walk through the graveyard?

Less ghosts in the graveyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

For clarity; I mean playing a game at the holocaust museum is obviously in bad taste, but playing it through a graveyard is surely not materially different from just taking a walk through the graveyard?