Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I'm proud of you scrub.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague

Thanks my New Year's Resolution is going to be to spend less on games that I don't actually plan to play, which Pokemon kind of was. I wanted to check it out but I wasn't really hyped at all for it until the day it came out and folks were talking about it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

i need to get better than that too... I haven't played 55% of the games in my steam library

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

ScrubLeague posted:

Thanks my New Year's Resolution is going to be to spend less on games that I don't actually plan to play, which Pokemon kind of was. I wanted to check it out but I wasn't really hyped at all for it until the day it came out and folks were talking about it.

they got rid of HMs and you just summon dedicated ride Pokemon so it's automatically the best one yet

the call for help mechanic kinda sucks, but I got a shiny that way so :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER

ATTENTION FORUMS POSTER AHUNDREDBUX

PLEASE COME BACK IDK WHY YOU GOT KICKED BUT IT WASNT ON PURPOSE :ohdear:

Moola

drilldo squirt posted:

That's cool as hell.

ikr!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

because i am a terrible consumer prostitute i purchased a new New 3ds on black friday and a copy of pkmn moon for my wife to use with my old 3ds

i've been wonder trading like a mofo and boy howdy do i have a ton of worthless rattatas to show for it

meanwhile my wife wonder trades like four times and ends up with crazy stuff like bred starters and rarer lategame pokemon

"life is simply unfair...don't you think?" - Zero II, ZTD

Historical Wizards

Can you get non-alolan rattatas in the new pokemon? Asking for a friend

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Historical Wizards

Because if you can't hes going to be pretty sad, that ones my his favorite :smith:

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Anoia

Historical Wizards posted:

Because if you can't hes going to be pretty sad, that ones my his favorite :smith:

The regular version is in the QR library I have, so apparently yes

FAT32 SHAMER

oh gently caress I forgot about the new Pokémon game

should I get sun or moon? I think I want ganja lion

Anoia

funny Star Wars parody posted:

oh gently caress I forgot about the new Pokémon game

should I get sun or moon? I think I want ganja lion

moon flips the game clock so day is night and night is day... it's kinda annoying being told I'm up late at 2pm

death sext

Anoia posted:

moon flips the game clock so day is night and night is day... it's kinda annoying being told I'm up late at 2pm

So that's what's going on! I thought my DS clock got messed up or something :downs:

I'm not very far, but I really like what I've played. It's very charming.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hau is the best rival ever

dumb enough to take the Pokémon weak to your starter, happy enough to make you wish you were dumb on the same level

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

food court bailiff posted:

hau is the best rival ever

dumb enough to take the Pokémon weak to your starter, happy enough to make you wish you were dumb on the same level

Yeah I was really confused when he whipped out Popplio during the first fight but he's so friendly and happy-go-lucky I love him for it.

drilldo squirt

I've been playing conquest of Elysium 4 with the necromancer and that dude is over powered as all hell.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Think I might try the roman faction but I also want to try out the amphibious cave monsters so I'm facing a very big decision right now.

----------------

ScrubLeague

i like ffxv a good deal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
yeah it's fun & v nicely polished

sig by vanisher™®

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i decided i needed a new computer for Christmas after i bought the new doom and it ran 5-10fps on the lowest settings

i'm excited for my new machine with 2 AMD Radeon RX 480 video cards operating together that will be absolute overkill for today but will last me a good few years until it's time to do this again

what other hey-look-at-all-these-fancy-graphics-I'm-fancy-now games should i look at

Bo-Pepper fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 1, 2016

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
Witcher 3 is fancy, Just Cause 3 is a lot of fun, Titanfall 2 is fancy

sig by vanisher™®

poverty goat

Bo-Pepper posted:

i decided i needed a new computer for Christmas after i bought the new doom and it ran 5-10fps on the lowest settings

i'm excited for my new machine with 2 AMD Radeon RX 480 video cards operating together that will be absolute overkill for today but will last me a good few years until it's time to do this again

what other hey-look-at-all-these-fancy-graphics-I'm-fancy-now games should i look at

Witcher 3 is beautiful with the sliders all turned up to 11. Also new buttlefield will make you believe the brown dirt in your face is real if that's your thing

drilldo squirt

Wish I could run those on my computer. ;___;

----------------

drilldo squirt

I'm jealous of peppers and his sweet rear end gaming rig.

----------------

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

someday when you are an old man you will have the resources to crank out some sweet fps's in your own home

poverty goat

In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow barefoot to babbages in the mall to buy a voodoo2, and then we were just grateful to have hardware rendering at all

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

someday when you are an old man you will have the resources to crank out some sweet fps's in your own home

Nice. The RX 480 is a good card. Enjoy.

:jerry:

Scaly Haylie

Bo-Pepper posted:

a word of warning: that whole crossfire thing is really not supported by the vast majority of devs.

Senior Management

Lizard Wizard posted:

a word of warning: that whole crossfire thing is really not supported by the vast majority of devs.

Yeah Crossfire and SLI are generally not implemented super well as most people don't do it. But still a single 480 should be just fine and when you can use 2 great.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

i use NVIDIA, the far superior gpu company

tao of lmao

Witcher 3 is no-joke probably in my top 3 games of all time. The writing, the music, the VA, it's just incredible.

I beat Tyranny last week and I was kinda bummed how suddenly that game just ended. Felt like another 15 hours of content were coming my way and then the game was like NOPE IT'S SLIDESHOW TIME.

I want to buy FF15 so bad but I'm staying strong and waiting for everyone's honeymoon phase to end with the game so people can start getting real about it. Learned my lesson after 13.

Senior Management

Quidthulhu posted:

i use NVIDIA, the far superior gpu company

Eh both make good stuff now a days. But NVidia sells much better even when they are behind. People just buy NVidia.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

tao of lmao posted:

Witcher 3 is no-joke probably in my top 3 games of all time. The writing, the music, the VA, it's just incredible.

I beat Tyranny last week and I was kinda bummed how suddenly that game just ended. Felt like another 15 hours of content were coming my way and then the game was like NOPE IT'S SLIDESHOW TIME.

I want to buy FF15 so bad but I'm staying strong and waiting for everyone's honeymoon phase to end with the game so people can start getting real about it. Learned my lesson after 13.

To be fair I haven't played FF since 10, but it's actually really good (even better if you can get it cheap [why are video games $60 USD??])

Also Tyranny looked cool, but that sounds like the way Age of Decadence ended; I expected more from Obsidian :shrug:

Still holding out for Tides of Numenera & Yooka Laylee

myDad fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 1, 2016

sig by vanisher™®

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

myDad posted:

[why are video games $60 USD??])

because AAA games have huge production costs and even at that price point can offer a lower entertainment cost per hour than almost any medium

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

because AAA games have huge production costs and even at that price point can offer a lower entertainment cost per hour than almost any medium

And hell they cost that much in the 90s. The price has not shot up with inflation.

tao of lmao

FF15 needs to sell like 10 million copies just to break even.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Excuse me. Shopkeep? I would like to pay $200 for my copy of Final Fantasy XV please.

drilldo squirt

tao of lmao posted:

FF15 needs to sell like 10 million copies just to break even.

I want to play it but it would turn my computer into a melted ball of metal.

----------------

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it especially would since it's not even out on pc yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

I thought it had, apologies for letting everyone down.

----------------