Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
We should all take more chances with the things we eat, I for example, eat at Jack in the Box once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Blendy has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Sep 21, 2016

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That's 4 fictional characters.

And one very fictional one.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://thefrogman.me/post/86871780653/the-mras-are-outraged-not-because-a-violent

from the tumblr:

"You say not all men are monsters?
Imagine a bowl of M&Ms. 10% of them are poisoned.
Go ahead. Eat a handful.
Not all M&Ms are poison."

what is it with the "bowl of candy" analogy being a breeding ground for stupidity

Only 90% of men should go in your mouth? This is a confusing metaphor.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwzC3lwVz5o

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that poo poo is too dank before bed

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hogge Wild posted:

haha, i browsed some of the old cad threads to get more pics

you're a saint

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh my god

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Joysticks out for Harambe

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
What happened to GBS? There was a good mspaint thread and now there's nothing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FaradayCage posted:

What happened to GBS? There was a good mspaint thread and now there's nothing.

It is hidden. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790825&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

It's worse than hidden, it's forbidden!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FaradayCage posted:

It's worse than hidden, it's forbidden!

That just makes it more alluring!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Small loss?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I was pleasantly surprised! :laffo:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/778049316833284097

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How long will it take for them to put a bowl of skittles in the trolley problem?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Laughter.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The meltdowns over this are my favorite thing on this forum at the moment

ioluscloudsepiroth posted:

I'm so glad needless calls for censorship are being heeded on a comedy website.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
PYF is next. It's time to put an end to alt-right agenda on SA.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress it, let's play this one out: let's draw out the Trumpian inference that only Muslims are terrorists. According to the CDC, the odds of dying in a terrorist attack are somewhere in the neighborhood of one in roughly three-and-a-half million. In order for Trump's analogy to be true, we'd be getting a handful of skittles from a bowl of more than ten million skittles, three individual pieces of which would be poisonous.

being offered a bowl of ten million skittles would be quite delightful.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Dat boi aint right I tell you hwat.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

gently caress it, let's play this one out: let's draw out the Trumpian inference that only Muslims are terrorists. According to the CDC, the odds of dying in a terrorist attack are somewhere in the neighborhood of one in roughly three-and-a-half million. In order for Trump's analogy to be true, we'd be getting a handful of skittles from a bowl of more than ten million skittles, three individual pieces of which would be poisonous.

Except it's not even that, the metaphor is that if you put the wrong skittle into you the entire body, IE the country, will die. But let's look at that. It's loving stupid on it's face, no single person is going to kill all of America in a single action. The biggest and most successful terror attack in the entire history of the United States was the September 11th attack of 2001. It killed nearly 3,000 people, just a touch over one one-hundred-thousandth of the population of the United States at the time. Let's say (wrongly) that this was something that could be perpetrated by a single person (Skittle). The metaphor maps the actions of the body to the actions of the country, so let's do the reverse with the result. Let's map the population of the United States to the mass of the average human body (80kg) and see how much of the body dies assuming the worst. The most successful terror attack maps to the death of just over one one-hundred-thousandth of that body, or about 1 gram of biomass.

Human blood has a mass/volume ratio of 1.05g/mL. In order to be an appropriate metaphor, the worst that these skittles can do is cause us to lose one milliliter of blood. A "drop" in pharmacy parlance is 0.05 mL, so in total, the most damage these death-skittles could possibly cause is the loss of about 19 drops of blood from the body that eats them. If you scoffed the whole bowl down, you'd lose a grand total of 3 mL of blood.

A typical blood donation is 500 mL. In order to risk death, you need to lose about three times that much.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

please stop lending so much thought to this stupid topic

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

Thread title competitor if ever I've seen one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't like skittles. Does it mean I'm racist?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You wouldn't download a skittle.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Your post made me do a google search

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Wheany posted:

Your post made me do a google search

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
https://www.twitch.tv/derekw741/v/90569673

I did most of a playthrough of Harambe vs Capcom if you don't want to bother playing it yourselves ( you should tho)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

well why not posted:

No.

Shut up idiot.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

makes u tink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

• Locked thread