Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The patch added a permanent elemental notification during the NF, which is definitely helpful but kinda head-scratching as to way it wasn't in the game originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It was supposed to but it was bugged

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Koth posted:

Yes, this was horrible. Do not watch. Or watch it with the sound turned off so you don't have to endure some pleb smucking on food like a god drat pleb.

Oh yeah. Could whoever was smacking on chips please out yourself in the thread please? Thank you.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
Just threw in an invite request to Bone Krew. Hit that accept button I need to finish that leviathan tonight!

e; mcaflo817

MAJOR STRYkER fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 18, 2017

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

re-applied to [BONE] saw an approval notification 9 days ago, something something internet fuckery

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Fwiw it sounds like you'd rarely need more than 8 armor but more testing is needed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the difference between max armor and not max armor for most of d1's life was the difference between being killed by a shoulder charge and not, being killed by a tripmine or not, and a number of hand-cannon breakpoints (going from 3 to 4 for a kill). it was certainly not one auto rifle shot, except maybe at launch or at the end of d1 when it was changed. and that was just going from '1 below max' to 'actually max' armor.

Oh no. You might have to have the same life pool as the other classes instead of leaning into the same lame crutch for 3 years. What ever will you do?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That 5 shot burst exotic is tits.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Seems like I'm in famine mode for exotic engram drops. The first 3 days of destiny 2 they were raining down constantly :sigh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Seems like I'm in famine mode for exotic engram drops. The first 3 days of destiny 2 they were raining down constantly :sigh:

I'm the exotic armor king but can't get guns to drop at all. Still no sweet business, wardriff, space egypt pulse. Finally got a Prospector this morning though! p nice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm the exotic armor king but can't get guns to drop at all. Still no sweet business, wardriff, space egypt pulse. Finally got a Prospector this morning though! p nice

I'd really like to stop getting heavy weapons now I have like eight I haven't even tried yet.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Aphrodite posted:

There's another AR with a name like Valakydn or something. Some people seem to really like that, it's a higher ROF though.

Re: Valkadyn: echoing others, it's good, but i switched to uriel's gift for the higher impact/ more damage per shot. It's still a decent rifle though.

Also, any other hunters really want that sweet cape from the eververse lady?
It looks so cool. Saving up dust, but will probably have to wait until next time around.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Re: Valkadyn: echoing others, it's good, but i switched to uriel's gift for the higher impact/ more damage per shot. It's still a decent rifle though.

Also, any other hunters really want that sweet cape from the eververse lady?
It looks so cool. Saving up dust, but will probably have to wait until next time around.

I got the cape, tried it, dusted it. No neck wrap, and that stripe isn't shade-able at all :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got an exotic ship out of a bright engram. AMA.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
spoiler just in case
is it possible to do the secret chest lever thing solo, or are they timed or some other gimmick? i tried the combination i found in multiple places (153246) and heard some beeps and boops but no message popped up in the feed. help

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

I got an exotic sparrow that reloads my guns for some reason :shrug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Soulex posted:

Did you get one of the good ones, or one of the stupid ones?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

my new dog posted:

spoiler just in case
is it possible to do the secret chest lever thing solo, or are they timed or some other gimmick? i tried the combination i found in multiple places (153246) and heard some beeps and boops but no message popped up in the feed. help

you can do it but gotta go fast, like a second to pull each lever

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Did you get one of the good ones, or one of the stupid ones?

Nothing special for me. It just has pulsing flowers that change colors.

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Mine makes the Jade Rabbit logo when I transmat..... no one has noticed it though...

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Think I found my crew tho :cool:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Coldforge posted:

I got the cape, tried it, dusted it. No neck wrap, and that stripe isn't shade-able at all :(

Awwwww... maybe not...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raid thought: I 100% feel there will be an additional fight in HM or prestige. It should be obvious what the fight would be. Seems really clear, or am I just being a dumbass?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Emron posted:

Raid thought: I 100% feel there will be an additional fight in HM or prestige. It should be obvious what the fight would be. Seems really clear, or am I just being a dumbass?

I'm not sure what you are thinking is an obvious encounter for an additional fight. Perhaps the extra Caluses in the treasure room? Because I'm pretty sure the point of that is just to drive home that you didn't fight the real Calus, in case you hadn't noticed the robotic bits during the fight, or had interpreted it as though Calus was actually a robot.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm not sure what you are thinking is an obvious encounter for an additional fight. Perhaps the extra Caluses in the treasure room? Because I'm pretty sure the point of that is just to drive home that you didn't fight the real Calus, in case you hadn't noticed the robotic bits during the fight, or had interpreted it as though Calus was actually a robot.

The fight would be Actual Calus instead of a robot facsimile, since you have now been tested enough to be found worthy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh no. You might have to have the same life pool as the other classes instead of leaning into the same lame crutch for 3 years. What ever will you do?

this is a bizarre position to hold when one of the three stats is one that increases the size of your life pool

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Emron posted:

The fight would be Actual Calus instead of a robot facsimile, since you have now been tested enough to be found worthy.

I suspect they're saving that for a future thing like a Taken King sized expansion next year that'll have the Pyramid ship enemies in it, real Calus might be their herald when they arrive. I reckon multiple Calus robots might be a thing in the challenge mode fight though, obviously not with the full mechanics but them attacking in concert and you having to take them down while doing the mechanics for the initial one. Maybe something like the multiple Ray fight in MGS2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The multiple robot calus things are because calus has become a god like energy being and has seen some poo poo in his travels and is trying to find things that can survive his challenge and stand with him. He's got a bunch of them to test everyone a bunch

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Leviathan, meanwhile, eats Nessus daintily

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've gotten 2 Vigilance Wings.
AMA

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hiddenriverninja posted:

You could be like the rest of us and getting the same duplicate item on decryption anyway

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Linx posted:

I got an exotic sparrow that reloads my guns for some reason :shrug:
It's for sci-fi drive-bys. :black101:

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

DrNutt posted:

The hunter raid helmet is pretty rad. It makes me look like General Grievous from those Space Fights movies.

I could see that. I thought it looked like zenyatta from overwatch.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Emron posted:

I don't think Calus is actually aboard the Leviathan.

thebardyspoon posted:

I suspect they're saving that for a future thing like a Taken King sized expansion next year that'll have the Pyramid ship enemies in it, real Calus might be their herald when they arrive. I reckon multiple Calus robots might be a thing in the challenge mode fight though, obviously not with the full mechanics but them attacking in concert and you having to take them down while doing the mechanics for the initial one. Maybe something like the multiple Ray fight in MGS2.

I doubt we'll ever actually fight Calus. He doesn't seem to be hostile towards the Guardians, the Traveler, or humanity in general. Remember that the Red Legion is a splinter group that didn't follow Calus, and Ghaul had personal reasons for artacking the traveler. Calus seems to be just challenging us for fun, and is actively helping us get stronger. Even his planet-eating ship is targeting Nessus, a planet(oid) that we have no reason to give a poo poo about anymore. If he comes into play in a future expansion, I suspect it will be as an uneasy ally.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol who is actually concerned with these spoilers at this point in the console thread

especially when the spoiler is a guess at something that doesn't exist

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

We're going to fight him, and I'm going to teabag his big dumb psychodimensional corpse.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Iron Banner and prestige raid in October, per infographic:

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/909890360809160704

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This raid was just so he could get some data on our ability to fight.

The actual fight against him will be doors with no control panels for your ghost to hack and shield generators that are actually inside the shields.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

The actual fight against him will be doors with no control panels for your ghost to hack and shield generators that are actually inside the shields.

Bunch of dogs howling out of line of sight in a room with a small window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

xzzy posted:

Nobody in the Destiny Universe is that smart. Hell, the mighty "wooden door on hinges with a deadbolt" technology stops 100% of guardians.