Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm trying to think of a downside to the Democratic Party crumbling and being replaced with the DSA or some equivalent

and all I can come up with is "the GOP will win a lot in the interim period while votes are split" but the thing is they're already winning a lot anyway

so y'know what, gently caress it, tear it down, hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dear god purge the party leadership

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anime was right posted:

putting better wages last also makes it sound like better skills is the gatekeeper for better jobs, which is the gatekeeper for better wages.

real smart messaging.

"your life is only gonna get better if you dump a million dollars on college haha lol"

That's the order because that is the message. That you only deserve to have good wages if you had the opportunity and luck to be trained in a skill that is currently desired in your geographic area. Also make sure to ignore the fact that neo-liberal policies mean it could be sent to another country on a moments notice at any point in time and your good job that you trained for could disappear overnight.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Jul 20, 2017

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
can't wait to grind out my skills

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

otoh people like lovely pizza, so maybe dccc is doing the right thing associating democrats with it

they're making people hungry for lovely pizza and lovely neoliberal policy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/str_voyage/status/888100292860014592

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

can't wait to grind out my skills

you'd need 100 points in Restoration to heal the Democratic Party

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when Trump yelled JOBS for a year and Hillary responded by saying "No, we don't just need more jobs, we need more good jobs" :smug:???

It's like that only worse.

Don't put any loving qualifiers on your slogans you dumb motherfuckers. Promise jobs and deliver, that's it. And Medicare for All while you're at it you loving pigheaded ghouls.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MAGAnomics

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/888103506955051008

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

the idea that better jobs are available but left unfilled due to a deficit in 'skills' is empirically false

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Serf posted:

lmao chu blocked me bc i follow chapo people. what's he originally complaining about?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reminder they polled congress and not like uh
democrats, as weighted by region
democrats and independents
or like, anyone that actually votes

lol

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

quote:

Better skills in our people and communities — through innovative K-12 education, affordable college, apprenticeships, job training, immigration — will make us more competitive in a world where talent is now the most precious resource. We need to double down on retraining people whose jobs are destroyed by shifts in trade. And when the main economic disruptor is not trade but technological advances, better skills are the most certain way for people and communities to keep up and get ahead. Finally, better skills are key to new waves of innovation that maintain our creative edge.

Everything bad that has happened was inevitable, and also, it was good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The republicans are going to have open season on constitutional amendments in January of 2019.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

that one alignment chart of huey long has 9 slogans that are lightyears better than this one ffs this isnt hard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

anime was right posted:

putting better wages last also makes it sound like better skills is the gatekeeper for better jobs, which is the gatekeeper for better wages.

real smart messaging.

"your life is only gonna get better if you dump a million dollars on college haha lol"

no listen, that schooling is going to be offset by tax credits which could help pay up to 20% of your tuition! it's means tested however so if you are barely able to feed your family you do not qualify

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zoran posted:

Everything bad that has happened was inevitable, and also, it was good

There's just no possible other way to go about things. Scientific fact.
-Obdicut

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
"Better Healthcare, Better Pay"

holy poo poo wow that was super hard

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i will not accept any slogan short of Pisstape is Real; Hail Satan and will primary my way through the entire god drat party until i find someone who agrees

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

so, "nothing"

got it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Love to improve my skills

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
can you believe that the entirety of the democratic party can't outsmart literal retard donald trump fuckin lmaoooooo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think the all-time greatest political slogan still has to be "They Can't Lick Our Dick"

bold, uncompromising, lays out your beliefs in a clear and concise manner

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i'm going to dual-class so i can take a wider variety of skills

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
trump came up with maga while he was on eating a ketchup steak, doomed the dems right then n there

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

the moist boy has logged on

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

trump came up with maga while he was on eating a ketchup steak, doomed the dems right then n there

he stole it from reagan, our other notably brain damaged president

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I remember when Arthur Chu tweeted about video games around the time of GG, and then his brain submerged into the piss

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Chu is a one man left sect, moist first worldist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

the moist boy has logged on

I legit still have no idea what his actual criticism is beyond a vague unsubstantiated doubt that anyone actually wants good things to happen

But I do really appreciate that he literally calm_hitler.jpg'd himself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

he stole it from reagan, our other notably brain damaged president

no he heard it then forgot all about it then it popped into his head and he thought he came up with it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/888107553627947008

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

in this metaphor Hitler represents Arthur Chu

Serf
May 5, 2011

chapo made fun of this dude like one time and now anyone who follows any of them is blocked lmao

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just thought of a new slogan, check this out: "America Is Already Great!". I think it plays off the MAGA slogan in a clever way and reaches out to all the voters that think everything is actually not that bad and gets them onboard.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/888106185705914370

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i feel jeff stein kind of buried the lede there a skosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy