Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

What game was Mary Skelter again? I mean, it's IF, so it's probably bad, but Trillion was an interesting concept at least.

It's the one with not-Ryuko Matoi on the cover. The girls turn into naked deranged vampires based on some of the images I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stelas posted:

I'm glad to see the next Operation Babel and also God Wars. I'm mildly surprised at Hakuouki.

Hakuoki is super popular here, apparently. Even the PSP games did well.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dehry posted:

It's the one with not-Ryuko Matoi on the cover. The girls turn into naked deranged vampires based on some of the images I've seen.

It's a dungeon crawler btw

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Garbage, then.

And speaking of anime dungeon crawlers, I'm surprised no one localized that Omega Labyrinth thing. Sounds like the sort of thing Aksys/NISA would do.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

It's a dungeon crawler btw

Oh yeah that too. I just saw a screenshot and it looked like Dungeon Travelers with slightly more clothing.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

What game was Mary Skelter again? I mean, it's IF, so it's probably bad, but Trillion was an interesting concept at least.

I've played it until chapter 5, before I got distracted by other things, but it has been quite okay so far. It's not going to revolutionize the dungeon crawler genre, but it's not objectively bad either.
It's by Compile Heart, but the fanservice is actually on the low side. If I had to compare it with anything, it's more like Demon Gaze (without the lewd messages on every single tile of the dungeon), and nothing like the other Compile Heart games, or Dungeon Travelers 2.

Really, the only negative things I have to say about it are

- The difficulty seems to be on the lower side, even on the high difficulty. There was one part at the beginning of chapter 2, where you had only two party members in a dungeon clearly designed for four, until you meet up with two more characters. At the end of chapter 2, you get a fifth party member, and it's been smooth sailing since then, especially after SP (Mana) stops being an issue.

- The maps are huge, with tons of dead ends that just get you useless consumables at best. Be prepared to use the autopilot function a lot.

Dehry posted:

The naked deranged vampires is a thing that's quite bad for you, because they usually manage to kill one of your party members before you get them back under control. That's why the main task of the protagonist is making sure it doesn't happen. It's basically like letting a demon enrage in Demon Gaze.
e: and you never even see it, since you're just holding down the button to skip combat animations all the time anyway.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 21, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Hakuoki is super popular here, apparently. Even the PSP games did well.

If the battle system isn't still Legend of Dragoon with Animes I'll be very disappointed.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

CrashCat posted:

Best Buy just added a bunch of Vita entries, including one that's a PS4 game but they shoved under Vita anyway because they're confused I guess

Yes, maybe, wait for sale, wait for sale, ehhhhh pass.

EDIT: Stranger of Sword City is $20 for a physical copy on Amazon. Pretty good deal if you haven't played it yet.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 22, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stanos posted:

EDIT: Stranger of Sword City is $20 for a physical copy on Amazon. Pretty good deal if you haven't played it yet.

I'm holding out for the improved version.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Is the west still getting Tokyo Xanadu? That's honestly the one I'm excited for. Hopefully there will be an EU release but I'll happily import as long as it comes out in English.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They haven't come out and said we aren't so it's probably still the first half of 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Who's ready for some GUN GUN PIXIES!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_YHBULTUU0

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Morpheus posted:

It'd really help if my local Electronics Boutiques EB Games stores actually had more than, oh, six Vita games on the shelves at any given time (two of which are used, three of which are some pre-2016 sports title).

If it's Madden 2013 buy that poo poo and sell it for $$ cuz it's rare af

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Who's ready for some GUN GUN PIXIES!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_YHBULTUU0

finally the long neglected giantess fetishists get their own video game. think all that leaves for fetishes is that guy who wished everyone was tied up and turned into deli meat

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Valkyria Azure Revolution demo is on Japan PSN for PS4 today, Vita on Monday. It seems slow and bad.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder why I expected gameplay video for Gun Gun Pixies.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/811944255862280192

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GAL GUN

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Time to get on a criminal watchlist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You're a Vita owner, it's too late.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Criminal Girls isn't on that ad

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

so how much is that off in loonies? 20%?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Steins Gate and V Letter must at least be decent and not too embarrassing to play in public.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TV Zombie posted:

Steins Gate and V Letter must at least be decent and not too embarrassing to play in public.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Looks like Demon Gaze 2 is getting an English release.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I think my Vita is already broken

I tried powering it on to download something, it's been sitting in its case too long and ran out of battery, ok whatever, plug it in and let it charge a little bit before booting. I try hitting up the Henkaku page so I can open the store, the browser crashes. Uh, ok, I try opening the Store, maybe it'll just work. I get stuck in a loop of error message -> you need to log in -> error message. Well poo poo, better just loving shut it down and restart. Hold down the power button, hit "power off" on the screen, and it sits on a generic "loading" screen with the little circle made of dots for like ten minutes. I go over and check later, hey look the display is off now at least. Try hitting the power button, try hitting the logo button, nothing happens. Logo button is flashing but it's unresponsive to input. :wtf:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can't kill that which is already dead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can I even yank the battery on this thing without taking the entire machine apart? I dunno I guess I have to just kinda let it drain its battery all the way out again.

e: ok, found a guide telling me to just hold the power button for 30 seconds to get a debug menu and that appears to have worked. Christ.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 23, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

welp, still getting stuck in the store's error -> "you must sign in" -> error loop, and the Internet is being extremely unhelpful about the error in question (NW-2459-0) so guess I won't be giving them any money anytime soon but at least I have my mobile emulator box back

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

welp, still getting stuck in the store's error -> "you must sign in" -> error loop, and the Internet is being extremely unhelpful about the error in question (NW-2459-0) so guess I won't be giving them any money anytime soon but at least I have my mobile emulator box back

unless someone fixed spoofing you're not able to get on the store from a 3.6 vita anymore

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

unless someone fixed spoofing you're not able to get on the store from a 3.6 vita anymore

well poo poo, that's what I get for not following this thread anymore I guess

So it's a choice between old games and new games huh :(

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

loquacius posted:

Pretty much it seems. I went ahead and gave up on Vita modding for now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

I mean

Only sort of

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Sony will probably stop patching out exploits in a year or two anyway

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sony will probably stop patching out exploits in a year or two anyway

3.60 is the only one that's exploitable right now, and look how long it took to get in at all

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
As long as exploits open up for fuckery like with trophies and cracking the store open, they will continue patching out exploits until they simply deactivate them from using online.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Great news. Now I just need Dungeon Travelers 2-2 as well.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MrLonghair posted:

As long as exploits open up for fuckery like with trophies and cracking the store open, they will continue patching out exploits until they simply deactivate them from using online.

hacked vitas are already locked out of the store tho

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The English version of Super Robot Wars V will launch in Asia on February 23rd, coming out simultaneously against the Japanese version. That's right! English AND no wait time! Check out the localization and learn more on the link, and you can pre-order here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Is Root letter good? Has anyone played it? Any opinions on it at all. It looks interesting to me and i'd like to try it but not if it's particularly terrible, can only find a few reviews