Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Enourmo posted:

so with the car chase scene there we're almost guaranteed to see The World today (unless they literally use that emerald splash as the cliffhanger)
I re-read Dio's World a couple days ago and I already forget the specifics, but I think DIO actually busts out The World in front of Polnareff at the stairs iirc so that might be the cold open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You're right, first time we see The World is in DIO's World chapter 2. We have a few minutes worth of stuff between Polnareff and DIO though, so I doubt we're getting to see The World as a cold opening.

Speaking of DIO and The World, why did no one tell me DIO was a boss in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow? :swoon:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Enourmo posted:

so with the car chase scene there we're almost guaranteed to see The World today (unless they literally use that emerald splash as the cliffhanger)

MY  BODY  IS  READY

We are because the first time we see The World is on the steps.

e: didn't see new page, welp.

I am super ready for The World though. Holy poo poo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurain posted:

We are because the first time we see The World is on the steps.

I am super ready for The World though. Holy poo poo.

welp, but also the spirit of my comment remains true

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They actually finish the car chase today? :stare:

I guess we'll have three episodes of Jotaro vs. DIO, though, so that's cool.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

more like 2 and a half at most, they still gotta go through the whole running from DIO, 20m Emerald Splash, ZA WARUDO, the last emerald splash, confronting and killing Joseph before Jotaro enters the picture

maybe they could get it all in 5-10 minutes but Kakyoin dying and Joseph "dying" are kind of important story beats and I'm sure at least the former will get some time to linger and breathe. basically I'm thinking the next episode ends with "gotta get closer" just like the OVA, then two episodes of the big fight

either way it's gonna own

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

True true.

Does anyone have that image from the OP of Polnareff, Iggy, and Avdol in the pool room with the action lines moving under them? I tend to point out stuff in the OP to the people I'm watching with once we see those parts in the episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's also the retcon ending where DIO wins and we see him just tool around in a slice of life, so there's plenty for these 4 episodes.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I'm just curious if we'll see the waldo today...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

also i just checked out the OP of the S1 anime thread and:

"old thread posted:

One of the best comics I've ever read and now I get to watch it in anime form! Previous adaptations were just a rushed pair of OVAs and a movie which doesnt exist. The studio producing this adaptation is supposedly questionable but if they do a decent job, it'll be okay.

how far we've come :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv posted:

I'm just curious if we'll see the waldo today...

Holy gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dio kills Joseph and Jotaro and feels glad that he's finally accomplished his lifelong dream of murdering the Joestar bloodline.

He then feels a pang on his neck and realizes that he never actually wore a condom with all of those women he slept with. :v:

Also, Josuke.

Edit: I'm not sure how it got started, but I love how Tumblr has come to the conclusion that DIO is a terrible, dorky, and awkward father that tries to impress Giorno with disturbing vampire things.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 29, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Dio kills Joseph and Jotaro and feels glad that he's finally accomplished his lifelong dream of murdering the Joestar bloodline.

He then feels a pang on his neck and realizes that he never actually wore a condom with all of those women he slept with. :v:

Also, Josuke.

Edit: I'm not sure how it got started, but I love how Tumblr has come to the conclusion that DIO is a terrible, dorky, and awkward father that tries to impress Giorno with disturbing vampire things.

I'm pretty sure that interpretation was around before Tumblr. It's too contrast his bad dadness with Jotaro's also bad dadness.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dio looks like Giorno in the last JoJonium volume and it is terrifying.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Lordosis is just one of the many perks of being a vampire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amazing.

Wally/Street Driving is gone, skips over it, but it'll probably be in the blu-rays.

Ends on I know how to figure out his stand.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Aurain posted:

Wally/Street Driving is gone, skips over it, but it'll probably be in the blu-rays.

Wait, what? Is there some kind of Japanese law against scenes that might inspire hundred-year-old vampires to force US senators to drive on the sidewalk?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They censor so much little stuff in the show (The arm break is censored when DIO gets in the car, but the teeth pull isn't weirdly) that having a car plough over a packed sidewalk would just be black mist.

I'm saddened a little by it, but it'll be surely in on BD and it's understandable that it's gone if black mist all over is the alternative.

Incidentally, The World is the stand stat sheet and he looks sensational.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What? But that's a prime DIO scene! :(

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The episode preview practically trumpeted KAKYOIN IS GONNA DIE.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It is, but there's no chance in hell that was making it to air. I mean I guess if you don't mind a few seconds of audio-only, then it could've been in the TV version. :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Kakyoin's trip to Egypt sucked. He got his eyes slashed, his soul taken, and broke out a new technique in time to get a hole in his chest.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I actually kinda like the way they censored the car thing - it cuts to a shot of the car soaked in blood just after he starts turning onto the sidewalk. Sometimes implied violence can be just as effective as actual violence.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, they cut the hits, not the intent.

DIO tells Wilson "Senator" Philips to drive faster on the sidewalk, it cuts away, when it cuts back, the car is covered in blood.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, that's not so bad. I thought they just didn't have him run over anyone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also worth noting that in Araki's drawing of the scene, he hosed up the scale of the car so badly it's unreal.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
The way they handled it in the show was pretty good. They didn't really need to show all anyway.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, no, they continue to keep establishing that DIO is still as much of an rear end in a top hat as he's ever been and more.

Also someone who's not bad at pixels needs to gif the shot in the OP of Polnareff getting shifted down the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4tkuShNrw&t=50s

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Aurain posted:

Also worth noting that in Araki's drawing of the scene, he hosed up the scale of the car so badly it's unreal.

The car had amazing [Presence] so of course it's bigger than the background dressing people.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Enourmo posted:

Also someone who's not bad at pixels needs to gif the shot in the OP of Polnareff getting shifted down the stairs.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Nice, I didn't even notice that!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Stink Terios posted:

Nice, I didn't even notice that!

There's a bunch of references like that. All the vector bits are related to iconic stuff that happens in the Dio fight (Avdol and Iggy get ice'd though), and at 0:42 when the camera's on Jotaro on the stairs the stairs and credits also get eaten by Cream.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
And my fave

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Yeah, I know. I noticed Cream eating the credits and Hierophant Green's web before Kakyoin bites it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

grancheater posted:

And my fave

Christ. :psyduck:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Why must DavidPro hurt us like this.

I'm kinda bummed that the plowing over the sidewalk scene isn't there but I thought the way they cut to Jotaro "starting" the motorcycle and then cut back to the now blood-covered car was pretty clever and kind of funny, so I'm satisfied. And it's probably already been said, but seeing the timestops animated before the audience is supposed to know what's going on is really well done.

It's interesting that there's no animation for the credits, but they were cut short this time so who knows. I don't want to jump on the "THEY'RE GOING TO EDIT THE ED" bandwagon yet, but they could always pull that out for the last episode to twist the knife a little more. :smith:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
From anime thread

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

God drat, it's just gonna be wall to wall action from here on out isn't it? This fight is absolutely incredible so far. My guess is that Dio's stand power is either instant teleportation or time manipulation. How many more episodes is the fight gonna last? Because jesus I'm already counting the seconds til next week.

:getin:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

How did people know what Dio's power was from memes, anyway? The only ZA WARRUUUDO memes I saw pre-reading was him saying that and then throwing a steamroller on Jotaro. That doesn't really tell me what it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The part where DIO fucks up date night for everyone can't come soon enough.

• Locked thread