Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So even though Animated sucked balls the toy line is one of my favorites. Today I got

Megatron, Starscream, Lockdown, Soundwave, Blurr, Waspinator, Jazz, Ironhide, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Ratchet, Prowl and Optimus. Also got Voyager Blaster and Seaspray.

Edit: Oh my god, Animated Optimus is the best truck ever.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So to fix Beast Wars Grimlock GPS issues get a junker that uses the dinobot parts and just replace them.

You can paint them the proper gold color even and not risk them falling off and breaking.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

So even though Animated sucked balls the toy line is one of my favorites. Today I got

Megatron, Starscream, Lockdown, Soundwave, Blurr, Waspinator, Jazz, Ironhide, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Ratchet, Prowl and Optimus. Also got Voyager Blaster and Seaspray.

Edit: Oh my god, Animated Optimus is the best truck ever.

I have a complete animated collection of deluxe voyager and leader in packages, you have gotta buy it all is the catch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I have a complete animated collection of deluxe voyager and leader in packages, you have gotta buy it all is the catch.

Ugh, wish I'd known that. Might've taken you up on it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Leader...Class...Ultra...Magnus..........

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/rumor-leader-class-ultra-magnus-incoming-181428/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What if it's a white Combiner Wars voyager prime with a trailer it can merge with?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:aaaaa:

please let it be an IDW Magnus

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

:aaaaa:

please let it be an IDW Magnus

You think they'd do that with the MP on the way?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Given how bad the MP is, I'd probably be tempted to get the leader Magnus instead, barring some kind of disaster.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Hell I wouldn't even mind if they just rereleased his first Prime mold but give it a G1 accurate color scheme and head, although a new mold would obviously be the best way of handling it

Also what would you want to see in a future TF comic from IDW outside of their main continuity?

For me it would be a Beast Wars comic, based on the tie-in comic included in the Optimus/Megatron two-pack(thus set in the modern day), written by James Roberts, and drawn by James Stokoe

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

...yes?

I mean why do a geewunish Leader when the MP already covers that?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I really don't see an issue. They've done stuff like that before.

If it's IDW Magnus he's going to look rather different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah I really don't see an issue. They've done stuff like that before.

If it's IDW Magnus he's going to look rather different.

Well I'm down no matter what they do.

And in an unrelated note, Animated Blurr's car mode is awesome. Hell all the vehicle modes are awesome.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hunt down Oil Slick if you can.

e: and Rodimus, of course!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Hunt down Oil Slick if you can.

e: and Rodimus, of course!

I already owned Rodimus. My buddy is pissed that I went without him so we're going down again on Saturday. I'll probably clear out whatever Animated they have left and then hit Ebay for the rest.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

As usual, if Taint Reaper proclaims it'll never happen, it happens inside of a month.

What can I do to convince you that a Masterpiece Jazz is an impossibility?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

drrockso20 posted:

Also what would you want to see in a future TF comic from IDW outside of their main continuity?

For me it would be a Beast Wars comic, based on the tie-in comic included in the Optimus/Megatron two-pack(thus set in the modern day), written by James Roberts, and drawn by James Stokoe

Mine wasn't this until you posted it, but now it is.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Could just be this guy in white, since the complex AoE toys are technically Generations, but here's hoping.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Could just be this guy in white, since the complex AoE toys are technically Generations, but here's hoping.

I feel like Hasbro knows better than to try to pass off AoE toys in the main Generations line.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There's already a (target exclusive?) silver knight leader Optimus so Ultra Magnus would be reallllllly treading on that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

I feel like Hasbro knows better than to try to pass off AoE toys in the main Generations line.

Yeah especially one that's as lovely as that one. I mean they've made a fairly accurate Arcee and Chromia, Magnus would have to be somewhat accurate and if using that mold it would be an extensive retool. I mean people know what Ultra Magnus is supposed to look like. Having a leader class white cab would not cut it.

The only thing I really care about is the truck mode having a trailer of some sort.

I mean that's not out of the realms of possibility as compared to something like Road Cesar happening with repainted stunticon limbs and a random voyager.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 28, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah especially one that's as lovely as that one. I mean they've made a fairly accurate Arcee and Chromia, Magnus would have to be somewhat accurate and if using that mold it would be an extensive retool. I mean people know what Ultra Magnus is supposed to look like. Having a leader class white cab would not cut it.

The only thing I really care about is the truck mode having a trailer of some sort.

I mean that's not out of the realms of possibility as compared to something like Road Cesar happening with repainted stunticon limbs and a random voyager.

There are still lots of people who hate the IDW current direction so they may not know about his little secret.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

There are still lots of people who hate the IDW current direction

who are these people, where are they, and how can I best go about performing empurata on them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

who are these people, where are they, and how can I best go about performing empurata on them?

Just stay in this thread with us and you'll be safe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Just stay in this thread with us and you'll be safe.

PEOPLE ARE WRONG ABOUT THINGS

this will not stand

What sort of microcephalic miscreant could possibly prefer Furman or McCarthy's mock-mature melodramas to Roberts-and-Goss's creative direction? What the gently caress is wrong with them?

I just don't comprehend the thought process.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

PEOPLE ARE WRONG ABOUT THINGS

this will not stand

What sort of microcephalic miscreant could possibly prefer Furman or McCarthy's mock-mature melodramas to Roberts-and-Goss's creative direction? What the gently caress is wrong with them?

I just don't comprehend the thought process.

The same type of fans who think that X-Men would be better helmed by Claremont or Byrne.

Yes, those people exist.

There was a fairly large thread making GBS threads on the books before CBR deleted their entire forum a while back. People gate good things, they want more of the same old poo poo. I'm sure they loving hate that Megatron has an Autobot symbol on his chest. Probably drives them into a blind rage.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

how do people get that loving broken

I honestly can't loving comprehend what POSSIBLE sequence of events could cause a person to lose all ability to enjoy things that don't just reiterate the things that they're used to.

I don't understand Tropers, I don't understand Geewunners, I don't loving understand nerds or conservatives or anything. The mindset is so loving alien to me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Are "Geewunners" just fans who prefer G1 (for example, because they grew up with it), or fans who hate everything except G1, or something else entirely?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just like G1 robots for the 1980's aesthetics. The comic has done nothing but good things even though they made ultra Magnus into a batman-esque figure that has many other robots wearing the armor. I mean it's an interesting take on the toy considering it's entirely accurate and explains why the cab is a separate robot.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Are "Geewunners" just fans who prefer G1 (for example, because they grew up with it), or fans who hate everything except G1, or something else entirely?

Fans who hate everything except G1 and think every permutation of TFs should conform to the established fiction/characters of G1. Bringing up the fact that the fiction and characters of G1 differed drastically from the start between the cartoon and the comic tends to result in something similar to saying "This statement is a lie" to a rigidly logical robot AI.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
I must be dividing by zero; I love Roberts' work and MTMTE, and could not wish Barber at the bottom of a deeper well if I bloody well tried.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm more okay with Magnus not having a trailer than Prime. Modern magnus is mostly some kinda battle truck, especially his IDW Cybertronian mode.

I actually really liked Prime's (RiD at least) take on the pair, with Optimus being the "normal" semi he's always portrayed as now and Magnus being a flatnosed truck. Keeps the two distinct.

Keldroc posted:

A lot of them are good to great, and we've already seen prime retools in Generations with pretty good results.

I will take my dream of a Voyager Onslaught from Hound to my grave.

Speaking of which, of my wish list of TFs, a Leader Magnus means that's one more I can tick off...

In addition to Magnus we're getting Earth Mode Seekers (Leaders no less!), G1 Arcee, a new Menasor, a full legends insecticon team is all but confirmed, even mother loving Armada Megatron which sounded loving impossible.

Apparently i can predict future hasbro releases. So it looks like a devestator and longtooth are gonna happen.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just like G1 robots for the 1980's aesthetics. The comic has done nothing but good things even though they made ultra Magnus into a batman-esque figure that has many other robots wearing the armor. I mean it's an interesting take on the toy considering it's entirely accurate and explains why the cab is a separate robot.

Even that wasn't a HUGE change tbh. Ratchet is even like "to me, you're the real ultra magnus." It's not like the character we know was ever "somebody else."

Only things I kinda don't like in IDW is the whole empurata thing for the simple reason that it kinda homogenizes the race; instead of some just being hosed up cyclopses they're hosed up cyclopses for ~a reason~ which is kinda too Star Wars EU for me. It's used real well for whirl though.

Arcee has been a horrible stupid joke for a while now and I'm glad they're fixing it. It's funny how making the female character a little emotionally vulnerable is a breath of fresh loving air.

Orion Pax being a badass supercop instead of a dopey clerk is kinda poo poo but his alt mode being a pickup truck is genius.

But what annoys me the most is that in their billion year civil war its always been optimus vs megatron. Somebody once said that it changed the plot from "a racial civil war over resources" to "a couple guys having a tiff over some glowey goo"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

Speaking of which, of my wish list of TFs, a Leader Magnus means that's one more I can tick off...

In addition to Magnus we're getting Earth Mode Seekers (Leaders no less!), G1 Arcee, a new Menasor, a full legends insecticon team is all but confirmed, even mother loving Armada Megatron which sounded loving impossible.

Bombshell is the last of the Insecticons, Kickback was released as a deluxe. However it seems like all Legends waves are up to 4 releases now instead of two and if they're keeping the same number of waves we're probably going to see a whole lot more weird legends guys. Because outside of Beachcomber, Pipes, Seaspray, Brawn, Outback, and Wheelie there's not a whole lot more of the originals left.

and Brawn and Outback are going to probably use the Swerve mold since Gears was originally listed under Brawn but Hasbro moved a ton of the legends guys to 2015 which is why the numbering is screwed up from Gears' and Acidstorm's wave to Cliffjumper's and Nemesis prime's wave.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 28, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

I honestly can't loving comprehend what POSSIBLE sequence of events could cause a person to lose all ability to enjoy things that don't just reiterate the things that they're used to.

I don't understand Tropers, I don't understand Geewunners, I don't loving understand nerds or conservatives or anything. The mindset is so loving alien to me.

Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

Hell of a thing.

Once the human mind gets a hold of something and it gels, as human minds tend to do upon formation of their adult identity, it's pretty much set. Unless the mindset which gels is a flexible one or one capable of self-reflection, you get very rigid-minded people, which is why the children are, in fact, the future as long as you can brainwash them real good over to your side. Real doubleplus good.

(It's also at the root of most sociopolitical problems these days, as well as the fact that mouse + keys is still seen as an acceptable way to play video games when controllers are objectively better but require a different set of motor skills to be refined in order to pwn n00bs.)

;)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The closeted geewuns are pretty chill, some of the calmer, better parts of the fandom as I've found out. The outspoken ones, those you're going to hear about a lot and boy, are they dumb.

strangehamster posted:

Any TTomys in there hmm hmhmm?

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 28, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bombshell is the last of the Insecticons, Kickback was released as a deluxe.

That was FoC Kickback though. He is very bad.

Thundercracker was just released as a Deluxe this year and he's already getting a Leader.

Updated wishlist:

-mother loving overlord
-g2 redeco of inevitable leader starscream
-g2 tank megatron redeco
-g2 menasor (it's gonna happen)
-Soundwave. Maybe a deluxe, maybe a voyager, maybe even a leader to go with the other two. Gimme a soundwave Hasbro
-legends tapedeck soundwave
-legends reflector combiner
-Devastator
-Longtooth
-Monstructor
-IDW Leader or Voyager Thunderwing
-Jumpstarters
-Onslaught-hound
-Tarn (could retool wfc megs?)
-Slipstream retool of Windblade
-Pipe dream: rack and ruin two parter. Like two transformers that combine into another transforming unit. R&R can't transform but I wanna see this kinda thing get engineered once

The new combiners are cool but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed they're deluxes Instead of legends. They originals were closer to that size class and I like little transformers.

E:also am astrotrain that turns into a proper train and a blitzwing that isn't downsey. Takara could retool that fucker with some hard plastic and stuff and he'd be fine.

E2: and generations terrorcons so we get a deluxe blot so we can get a green retool of him named "OGREDRIVE"

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 28, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

DoctorWhat posted:

I tried to introduce this guy I know into IDW. Showed him Last Stand of the Wreckers and Chaos Theory.

He didn't like it because he said it was too dark. "Everything is black vs black" is what he said. Said he didn't have anyone to root for.

Some people are weird. V:shobon:V

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

He didn't like it because he said it was too dark. "Everything is black vs black" is what he said. Said he didn't have anyone to root for.

I can kind of understand that tbh. I loved Battlestar Galactica for the first two seasons but by the end of season three when all the characters had progressively compromised their morals 47 times, the show just made me sad and tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

Apparently i can predict future hasbro releases. So it looks like a devestator and longtooth are gonna happen.

I don't mean to get all "I have an uncle that works at Nintendo" but I've known for a couple months that one of these is true. Hint: It's not the one that would cause me to lose my poo poo and blab about it when I first heard about it :p