Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

I tried that for awhile but didn't have quite enough stamina with my dual maces.

The beautiful thing about dual maces is that you can do the R2 the moment you have an iota of stamina, which is what allows you to stunlock bosses with zero stamina investiture. That said, I'm not sure if even that is fast enough to keep Licia in check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Artificer posted:

What's the recommended infusion for an Avelyn for PvPing against other assholes? Just one, I don't want to give up my funhaver card. :v:

Mundane, I'm running a dark/buff melee build but happen to have everything at atleast 22, sitting at +210 damage with my mundane avelynn. So mundane, unless your sitting with stats below 20.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

With a big enough sword you can knock her out of Wrath of God in one hit. I just hit her, waited for her to start a cast and hit her again until she died. If you can get her to just above where her AI decides to heal you can set up a combo and take her out.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Orv posted:

The beautiful thing about dual maces is that you can do the R2 the moment you have an iota of stamina, which is what allows you to stunlock bosses with zero stamina investiture. That said, I'm not sure if even that is fast enough to keep Licia in check.

I dealt with Licia by rolling close to her, R2ing her into submission with the Large Club and repeating until she was dead. The trick is to time the blows so that they connect with her the moment she's standing up and she won't have time to do anything.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah, she's no joke. After dying to her twice I decided to change up my tactics and stunlock her. Her poise is poo poo so every time she tries to start a cast I'd smack her out of it. Couldn't do much anything at that point.

You should try using Profound Still. Tee hee hee. I just ran away from her though since I didn't use that at the time. Any time she decided to smack me with her chime, I punished her. Don't hit things with your chime.

Wow. Well, that's one way to teach a person to be very calm and deliberate (I guess), but that delay would be horrendous. At least the PC version functions nicely despite its M&KB issues, but those are quite the issues.

--

Time to look fabulous now.

And this dragonbro and I decided to perform some reconnaissance on each other. He ended up in the lava when we tried to move back onto the bridge platform.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Some people just don't understand invisible shotels.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good way to troubleshoot the multiplayer features? Summoning/invading doesn't seem to work well/at all.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

powerful weedlock posted:

Is there a good way to troubleshoot the multiplayer features? Summoning/invading doesn't seem to work well/at all.

Make sure your modem/router are operating normally with no troublesome firewalls. Beyond that, try this support thread: http://support.bandainamcogames.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/420/0/dark-souls-ii---im-having-trouble-with-summoningsinvasions

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Kimmalah posted:

That's not a covenant thing, they just spawn as they hit certain amounts of health. The first time I tried I didn't kill them fast enough and ended up with 4 gargoyles attacking me at once.

I ended up with all of them at once... Raise shields, strafe, lifegem, can't lose.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's poison bns do and is there a way to increase the damage in toxic?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Mystic Mongol posted:

I got my 100 Bellcop kills on my legitimate character pretty much exclusively with dark fog + batstaff. No one is prepared for that. I saw one (literally one) person use an antidote. It got better whenever I was fighting two people at once, because you can poison both of them. Host circling around a red phantom? WHOOPS YOU'RE BOTH DEAD.

After they're lit up, you can switch to whatever weapon is funniest, because they have to fight on your terms--if they run away to heal, just run them down and kill them. And if they stand and fight--well, have fun with it! They've got about eight seconds before poison + occasional clip from whatever dumbass weapon you're using kills them.

at 2k+ hp poison is significantly less scary. It's also seems to make people overconfident, since I haven't found anyone I can't kill in 1.5 santiers animations. If they have less that 1600 and aren't using great magic barrier then they'll die in one combo :( 6 hits for 400 damage in less than a second is too stronk.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
What SM were you guys when you went on to NG+? I've been messing around collecting everything and ended up at 4M, tempted to just start again and focus on a good pvp build to do low level stuff.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Heliosicle posted:

What SM were you guys when you went on to NG+? I've been messing around collecting everything and ended up at 4M, tempted to just start again and focus on a good pvp build to do low level stuff.

4M is pretty normal to go into NG+. I wouldn't restart unless you want to do a entirely diffrent kind of build really. You can just restart the stats at the starting area so it's pretty hard to screw yourself over.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.
Just reached The Skeleton Lords...is it just me, or does this suck?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Truly I have failed at fashion souls.

Anyway Nashandra was honestly pretty easy, but only because I summoned Benhart to finish up his questline while I sat back and spammed GRS. Underwhelming, but my fault.

Also turns out the Emerald Herald was by the Throne of Want! Guessed who entirely missed her and thus all her dialogue!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Doctor Albatross posted:

They're chumps, just make sure you only kill one at a time.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Doctor Albatross posted:

Helps if you have a shield up for those wheelie fuckers.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Kiggles posted:

Use an upgraded dagger.

Rapiers do not seem to have the same massive critical damage bonus they did in Demon/Dark Souls. Instead, the dagger has it now.

And BOY OH BOY DO THEY EVER

Seriously. I've been using a +10 Dark Dagger on my base DEX, base STR Sorcerer and I've been hitting ~750 damage on a backstab. poo poo's nuts.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Elysiume posted:

They're chumps, just make sure you only kill one at a time.

They die in about three/four hits, so no troubles there - it's just the armies of skeleton warriors and wheel dudes that give me little chance to heal.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Doctor Albatross posted:

They die in about three/four hits, so no troubles there - it's just the armies of skeleton warriors and wheel dudes that give me little chance to heal.

You can kill them while they are spawning. Most characters I've done can kill them all before they can do anything really.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Doctor Albatross posted:

As he said, kill one at a time. For each lord you kill a wave of skeletons will spawn. The one with the staff spawns the wheel skeletons.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Ah! I took your advice and was more patient and didn't touch the others until I'd killed one, and it was (mostly) a breeze. Seemed tougher than it was, thank you very much :p

EDIT: OF COURSE EVERYTHING IN THE NEXT AREA IS POISONOUS

Doctor Albatross fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 8, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Heliosicle posted:

i was also concerned near the end of NG, i spent lots of time loving around right when i was near the end and wasn't really seeing as many summon signs as i was before. I ended up killing off all the NPC's, rat authority, and vengarl and going ng+ at SL125 at around 2mil soul memory. So far, I've been invaded by blue phantoms(thanks to the NPC murder sins) basically non-stop. I was constantly ambushed by blue phantoms camping the (i assume) random NPC red phantom turtle dudes, have had some fun rear end fight's so far with both blue and red invaders.

I haven't really decided if i'll stay at 125 or go higher. I'm assuming if I just keep playing through NG+ my soul level will be high enough where I'll be fighting higher level people anyways though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Your Soul Level does not mean poo poo, it's all about soul memory. Unless you want to intentionally gimp yourself there is no reason to not level up to infinity.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Man so I'm doing the kill all NPCs before NG+ and blue phantoms are really coming in hard and fast. Still 3 for 1 on them but people should sin more! I don't want to be the only one constantly facing invasions :(.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The Iron Rose posted:

Man so I'm doing the kill all NPCs before NG+ and blue phantoms are really coming in hard and fast. Still 3 for 1 on them but people should sin more! I don't want to be the only one constantly facing invasions :(.

Oh god yeah, I had to give up on my Wretch level sinner because I was constantly - CONSTANTLY - invaded by dual Avelyn Havels. I swear they formed a queue behind Targ. :v:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

Tempting. If nothing else, getting invaded by blue spirits looks like the new getting invaded by red spirits. If someone invades you in NG, I give even odds they hacked themselves a few dozen extra red eye orbs to do it with. And a new hat. And a few hundred levels. Meanwhile, grabbing a cracked blue eye orb is a form of invading open to everyone!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tip for the gutter, always bring a whip for the statues, not only is it very accurate, but it is increddddibley stylish as you break those statues.

Wh-PSSSH!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey, if any of you are summoning a Sunbro with two broadswords and a goat head...I am so sorry in advance. I really don't have my A game on tonight for some reason. :saddowns:

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Is there a trick to skipping the guys before Velstadt? I killed them once, died to him, came back and tried to skip them, realized that's probably not going to happen, killed them again, then the game crashed with the boss with about 3 hits left.

Do I have to kill them every time it takes so long :((((

Orv
May 4, 2011

THE PWNER posted:

Is there a trick to skipping the guys before Velstadt? I killed them once, died to him, came back and tried to skip them, realized that's probably not going to happen, killed them again, then the game crashed with the boss with about 3 hits left.

Do I have to kill them every time it takes so long :((((

You can just sprint past to sides of the chambers if you take care of the orchestra nerd.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So since I won't be using int or faith at all in this run, there's no point to infusing any weapons with anything besides raw, mundane, poison, and faith, right? What's the difference between raw and mundane?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Raw boosts damage at the cost of scaling stats, Mundane I think is suppose to lower damage but give it scaling on your lowest stat.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

poptart_fairy posted:

Hey, if any of you are summoning a Sunbro with two broadswords and a goat head...I am so sorry in advance. I really don't have my A game on tonight for some reason. :saddowns:

I may have gotten summoned for Smelter Demon and immediately ran off the ledge because I thought the camera was facing a different direction than it was :downs:. I may have also dove into that little pool of lava to the immediate right in the Old Iron King fight while shading. I think I hit pretty much the exact center of that little pool.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Raw boosts damage at the cost of scaling stats, Mundane I think is suppose to lower damage but give it scaling on your lowest stat.

Mundane doesn't sound like it'd be useful for me then, and I should put Raw on things with less than A scaling? Is it supposed to be for well-balanced builds, or does it just scale really well?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

What combos are good when powerstancing two maces, to the point of people saying it's overpowered?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was trying powerstanced axes on my new covenant of champions character and was pretty disappointed. I mean, what the gently caress is the point of dual wielding if you don't even use both weapons? Most of the moves only use the right hand axe. Those that use the left hand axe use both of them at the same time. Which looks cool of course and does a ton of damage, but not really worth dual wielding them over. So instead I'm running around with an axe in one hand and a crossbow/pyro flame in the other. Working pretty well so far, albeit I'm still getting killed due to the increased difficulty.

Does the Champions covenant prevent you from invading other worlds?

Orv posted:

You can just sprint past to sides of the chambers if you take care of the orchestra nerd.

Everytime I tried to run past the two guys guarding the door would stab me as I passed through the gate. They refuse to leave the platform they are on so you can't lure them away either. Easiest way I found to deal with them was to round up all the knights into one clump and then cast toxic mist on them. Kills them all easily.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 8, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

VisAbsoluta posted:

What combos are good when powerstancing two maces, to the point of people saying it's overpowered?

L2 (not R2 as I earlier stated) can stunlock something like half the bosses in the game, and break the stability on most shields on one go.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RBA Starblade posted:

Mundane doesn't sound like it'd be useful for me then, and I should put Raw on things with less than A scaling? Is it supposed to be for well-balanced builds, or does it just scale really well?

Raw is really bad except on stuff like crossbows that don't have any scaling anyways, never use it except in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What's the fastest way to dash through NMW without bringing the whole drat town with you to the dock if I want to farm the dark phantom and assassins for their stupid armor sets? Are there any convenient places to jump over stuff? I guess not since you gotta ring the stupid bell. :(