Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
It's sad to see that, even if Russ is bad, Nick truly puts the 'Awful' in Awful Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

We're all thinking it, but I guess I'm the only one who has the courage to say it. It's time to ban Nick Robinson from the Something Awful Forums.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

El Padrino posted:

It's sad to see that, even if Russ is bad, Nick truly puts the 'Awful' in Awful Squad

They should replace the trivia metagame with truth or dare

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ariong posted:

We're all thinking it, but I guess I'm the only one who has the courage to say it. It's time to ban Nick Robinson from the Something Awful Forums.

Creeping on people is usually only a day or two of jail around here.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Ariong posted:

mods knew

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jmcrofts posted:

This is the first time someone being outed as a milkshake duck has actually bothered me. This loving sucks.

Milkshake ducks are new Internet fad people that haven't been properly vetted that get exposed when the light of publicity hits them, not personalities with a long public history, I will not stand for the dilution of the made up internet term.

but yeah, it sucks.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Blasmeister posted:

Milkshake ducks are new Internet fad people that haven't been properly vetted that get exposed when the light of publicity hits them, not personalities with a long public history, I will not stand for the dilution of the made up internet term.

but yeah, it sucks.

I guess this is a day of me hearing new terms, wtf is a milkshake duck

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/milkshake-duck

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481?lang=en

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I'm so loving old and uncool. You kids and your "meemees"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Is Pizza Rat a racist??

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
no but it was a hoax - a trained rat

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gently caress, dude. I hope his poo poo just boils down to being a pervy rear end in a top hat and not a loving rapist

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Raserys posted:

gently caress, dude. I hope his poo poo just boils down to being a pervy rear end in a top hat and not a loving rapist

again if he was an actual rapist I think there'd be a different tone than "we don't want him fired we just want him to stop being a creep" and people in the know wouldn't be cracking jokes about it

I think it's a lower tier of scumbaggery than that

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It must be. The pedo thing went away quickly because if you have proof of that, you don't hide it.

He may have perved on a girl that he found out was underaged and stopped. No one claimed he knew she was under 18 and was in to it.

I'm trying my best to be optimistic about this but history will make me a fool.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah there's no indication at all there's a rape element here. Just general skeeviness I guess? I just hope it's not legit harassment. If it is it's harder to say "do better, we still like you" than if he's just awkwardly and maybe inappropriately hitting on women. He's a guy in his mid 20's who's bound to make some mistakes, which is not an excuse for lovely behavior but means that maybe there's an opportunity to learn and improve. The severity of his behavior is a major factor for me.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah there's no indication at all there's a rape element here. Just general skeeviness I guess? I just hope it's not legit harassment. If it is it's harder to say "do better, we still like you" than if he's just awkwardly and maybe inappropriately hitting on women. He's a guy in his mid 20's who's bound to make some mistakes, which is not an excuse for lovely behavior but means that maybe there's an opportunity to learn and improve. The severity of his behavior is a major factor for me.

Hitting on women is one thing, hitting on women who are industry colleagues is a very different thing

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

Hitting on women is one thing, hitting on women who are industry colleagues is a very different thing

Yeah it's very inappropriate but is in a different league than harassment.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

"awkwardly and inappropriately hitting on women" is harassment. That's the point. A guy in his '20s is old enough to know when to ask and when not to ask, and unless you're in a sex chat room, asking for nudes is creepy.

Somehow people who "awkwardly and inappropriately hit on women" manage not to do it in front of people they respect or have professional connections to. That tells you that it's not an involuntary behavior, but something they've chosen to do. If it were accidental, there'd be witnesses.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Man, this sucks. I feel bad for making jokes about Nick being a horny furry back when I thought he just wanted to bone down on Crash Bandicoot, not an actual creep (and he's not married but he does/did have a girlfriend at the time?). Though I guess I should have seen it coming because teen cheeto champ Nick definitely looked like the kind of guy who would ask "where's my hug? ;)" to girls

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah it's very inappropriate but is in a different league than harassment.

I don't know what your definition of "harassment" is. In general, it's harassment if you introduce sex into a non-sexual context, and do so repeatedly. Everybody gets one strike(out), but repeatedly hitting on somebody who's said they aren't interested is harassment.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I don't know what your definition of "harassment" is. In general, it's harassment if you introduce sex into a non-sexual context, and do so repeatedly. Everybody gets one strike(out), but repeatedly hitting on somebody who's said they aren't interested is harassment.

I agree, that's why I'm wondering which one it is. And if "send nudes" is true then that's a lot worse too.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I guess nick never listened to all the mbmbam episodes where they laid out the rule 'never hit on anyone in any situation where they can't turn around and run away'

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In other news, Griffin is a good boy
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/893540132103520256

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

I agree, that's why I'm wondering which one it is. And if "send nudes" is true then that's a lot worse too.
If it were one attempt per person, in appropriate contexts, Nick's close friends wouldn't be turning their backs on him.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

pat calls helix a pervert and then days later nick posts selfies of himself in helix cosplay

hmm :crossarms:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If it were one attempt per person, in appropriate contexts, Nick's close friends wouldn't be turning their backs on him.

That's fair. I'm giving him a little bit of leeway on the "appropriate contexts" part of that because I don't doubt it was inappropriate. If that's all it is, I'd be willing to say "that's not okay, please do better" and not write him off wholesale. I admit it sounds worse than that though. If he's harassing people then that's it for me.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

inferis posted:

So there's still time, but I think it's pretty nice that we were able to discuss this whole situation without probations and locked threads. Who knew that something awful dot com could grow and change this much.

For real. If I hadn't been following this thread, then I would have seen some of the stuff Austin retweeted, and thought "wow wonder who they're talking about, anyway time to enjoy the next CGI"

I completely understand the reluctance of victims to come forward, but it was like 7 hours until someone posted a tweet that even linked all this subtweeting to Nick (the "I guess Overcooked didn't send nudes) tweet".

I can't fault people for asking for more evidence when all we had was "I heard Nick was a creep", because if I was to believe every internet rumor of that caliber then i would also believe that Zoe Quinn slept with someone for positive reviews, and that Anita Sarkeesian faked all the harassment she claimed to be getting.

In conclusion

Ariong posted:

We're all thinking it, but I guess I'm the only one who has the courage to say it. It's time to make Nick Robinson a TVIV mod on the Something Awful Forums.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Who is turning their backs on him? I just found out about this whole situation like five minutes ago.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
On the subject of perverts, when is Pat going to be arrested for that time he said "cummies" on stream?

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

fadam posted:

Who is turning their backs on him? I just found out about this whole situation like five minutes ago.

Matt Kessler

https://twitter.com/MattBodega/status/893505414897180673

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

fadam posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBodega/with_replies This guy, who's apparently been close friends with him for years, just quit a podcast they had due to this. Also Austin Walker from Giant Bomb has also been retweeting a lot of information/implicitly supporting the victims.

A lot of the people who are coming forward/talking about it are industry professionals who have a lot on the line, not twitter nobodies aiming to get famous.

e;fb

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

fadam posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760191&pagenumber=315&perpage=40#post475035687
e: f, b

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

inferis posted:

I guess nick never listened to all the mbmbam episodes where they laid out the rule 'never hit on anyone in any situation where they can't turn around and run away'

I just listened to the MBMBaM ep where the brothers absolutely tear into a question-asker who wants to know the """best""" way to hit on girls while he's driving by in his car, and it was a little bit sad how happy and relieved I felt over this act of basic loving human decency

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

http://twitter.com/bloodyhoney_/status/893257429378621440

And a subtweet that's pretty drat clear:

http://twitter.com/aurahack/status/893289394886647808

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It's a little bit weird that so many people are demanding proof when none of this has even been a call to action to stop liking him or whatever. There's a lot of people who have done bad things that make content you like and it's not retroactively all garbage suddenly. Like, people still like Bill Murray and he's had multiple exes talk about him being physically violent.

You aren't a better consumer just because the people you like have or haven't done bad things.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Oh, it's like a direct replay of the Harrison Mooney incident.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/harrison-mooney-is-the-internets-biggest-creep/

Well that cold sucks. I hope for as little suffering for all parties as possible.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
feed nick to the voidfish, erase all of his memory and content from existence

also do the same but with twitter

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In a vacuum I'm hesitant to call hitting on someone harassment, but given the volume of people dancing around just flat out accusing him of being a creep I think we have another Devin Faraci situation on our hands, lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

inferis posted:

It's a little bit weird that so many people are demanding proof when none of this has even been a call to action to stop liking him or whatever. There's a lot of people who have done bad things that make content you like and it's not retroactively all garbage suddenly. Like, people still like Bill Murray and he's had multiple exes talk about him being physically violent.

You aren't a better consumer just because the people you like have or haven't done bad things.

Yeah but with steaming and stuff we get the friend experience and when something messes with that it can feel uncomfortable.