Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

Mueller didn't leave for lunch today. He normally does. :f5:

I hate this timeline

There’s some noise that something is going to drop next Friday. There are sealed indictments on the docket in DC, and his team mentioned in a filing with the court that they plan to be “very busy over the next 11 days”. 11 days concluding next Friday.

Mueller watchers like AG and Preet think there are more Manafort indictments on the way. These would be RICO in relation to campaign finance and start to touch on Russian collusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cr0y posted:

Mueller didn't leave for lunch today. He normally does. :f5:

I hate this timeline

I will happily eat these words if that means anything significant, but I sincerely doubt that means anything significant.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

There’s some noise that something is going to drop next Friday. There are sealed indictments on the docket in DC, and his team mentioned in a filing with the court that they plan to be “very busy over the next 11 days”. 11 days concluding next Friday.

Mueller watchers like AG and Preet think there are more Manafort indictments on the way. These would be RICO in relation to campaign finance and start to touch on Russian collusion.

If theres any official RICO popehats twitter is going to collapse like a dying star.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

AMD does this to anyone signing up for their rewards program. There should be really high fines per password for this kinda poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The fun bit is that the endless GOP Butter Emails freakout resulted in very clear rules which made this type of behavior punishable.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jealous Cow posted:

- while i'd rather see new names, more manafort indictments would be hilarious
- i'm reflexively skeptical of rico ponderings and not real sure they need it to drop another hammer on Mr Crimes Crimes Crimes; the point of RICO is being able to slam people who didn't necessary documentably order the crimes

cr0y posted:

If theres any official RICO popehats twitter is going to collapse like a dying star.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jealous Cow posted:

I was under the impression that the Friday thing was them arguing in front of the supreme Court over the mystery grand jury subpoena

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Older Democrats freaking out about leftists being too leftists while ignoring the Nixonian assholes that are the real threat?

Shiiiiiiiit, when's McGovern going to announce

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Your HICN (Medicare identifier) was your social security number with a letter on the end. It was how you were identified by your doctor and MA insurer, so it showed up everywhere. They eventually replaced it with the MBI.

....last year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mueller has finally solved the murder of Seth Rich

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1108808292585881601

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Mueller has finally solved the murder of Seth Rich Vince Foster

hmmm...

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

So much to unpack here. Is that Beto baby poop story even real because :wtc: :stonk:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Should have spent longer describing the gunshot wound imo

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

The fun bit is that the endless GOP Butter Emails freakout resulted in very clear rules which made this type of behavior punishable.

Don't worry, the Trump administration has a fool-proof plan on how to handle any investigations into this:

https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1108806164937146368

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VH4Ever posted:

So much to unpack here. Is that Beto baby poop story even real because :wtc: :stonk:

i think it was a dog turd. obviously huck can't mention dogs.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

DaveWoo posted:

Don't worry, the Trump administration has a fool-proof plan on how to handle any investigations into this:

This can't miss.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kith posted:

why is it so incredibly goddamn difficult for them to admit that AOC is competent on her own

I dunno man why do people still think a woman playing Magic: the Gathering in 2019 must be an actual succubus?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Add Vernon Jordan to that list. No, I don't know for sure that he's dead, but have you seen him alive in the past two decades? No? QED.:colbert:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DaveWoo posted:

I hope they do it in exactly those words.

code:

Dear US House of Representatives,

Go suck a dick.

Resentfully,
Donny & the boys

I am ready for this level of politics.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So I visit https://www.cnn.com today and who is on the front page but Pete Buttigieg, a person that is running for president.

He's an interesting fellow. He's gay, married, a veteran , a progressive that wrote a paper on Bernie Sanders in high school nineteen years ago, and has been a decent mayor of my hometown. He was in my high school class. I hung out with him. Not like, a lot, but I can say I knew him personally. He was the president of our high school class, and he's on the front page of CNN and running for president.

There are some interesting anecdotes locally about him and none are bad. I can confirm that he can play the didgeridoo. As major he joined the local symphony for a concert and is a very well accomplished pianist. In fact he was messing around on a piano at some bar once, and was taking requests, and some funny guy yelled out 'Seal's Kiss from a Rose!' and he started playing it immediately and had the entire place singing by the song's end. The dude knows arabic and norwegian and who knows what other languages and is very interesting to listen to because he knows the power of words and how to get a point across.

And he's running for president, and I knew him when we were both fourteen years old.

It's weird as hell but kind of cool.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

I'll take "least surprising things I've ever heard" for $2000, Alex.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RepDanCrenshaw/status/1108805730826625028

Yeah, that oughta do it.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Gatts posted:

My boomer parents think she and the new progressive Democrats are sent to sink the Democratic Party and that I should wait and see just how bad they are, that they’re a joke and will be punished, and where did they come from. There’s a terrifying hatred from an older generation to this new one and I don’t get it and explaining this is where the future is - is not something they seemingly can accept.

It’s almost irrational.

My very Green Party mother definitely believes that AOC is just another face of the Terrible Democrat Machine (much like Bernie or anyone else who debases themselves by putting a D next to their name), the DSA is a front for more corporatism, and both parties are pretty much the same anyways. So don't worry friend, old leftists also can't accept change.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
forums poster cornholio endorses mayor butt for president

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Donny hurt the pirate's feelings?

This is the best timeline.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CornHolio posted:

So I visit https://www.cnn.com today and who is on the front page but Pete Buttigieg, a person that is running for president.

He's an interesting fellow. He's gay, married, a veteran , a progressive that wrote a paper on Bernie Sanders in high school nineteen years ago, and has been a decent mayor of my hometown. He was in my high school class. I hung out with him. Not like, a lot, but I can say I knew him personally. He was the president of our high school class, and he's on the front page of CNN and running for president.

There are some interesting anecdotes locally about him and none are bad. I can confirm that he can play the didgeridoo. As major he joined the local symphony for a concert and is a very well accomplished pianist. In fact he was messing around on a piano at some bar once, and was taking requests, and some funny guy yelled out 'Seal's Kiss from a Rose!' and he started playing it immediately and had the entire place singing by the song's end. The dude knows arabic and norwegian and who knows what other languages and is very interesting to listen to because he knows the power of words and how to get a point across.

And he's running for president, and I knew him when we were both fourteen years old.

It's weird as hell but kind of cool.
Buttigieg rules, I like him a lot. His hour-long interview with Dan Pfeiffer is a must-watch esp since Pete does most of the talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrjkQt60vI

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm still laughing at Kushner's middle East peace plan that involved all of that territory swapping. It's like he just read about how the UK hosed up breaking up of the Ottoman empire and decided he could just redraw the lines. Like did you know that much of modern Jordan was supposed to be part of Palestine in the original partition plans? So bing bong, it's so simple just give some of that land to the Palestinians to make up for all of the land Israel keeps taking.

Seriously, it reads like a proposal a middle schooler would write after a couple of weeks of research into the region.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- while i'd rather see new names, more manafort indictments would be hilarious
- i'm reflexively skeptical of rico ponderings and not real sure they need it to drop another hammer on Mr Crimes Crimes Crimes; the point of RICO is being able to slam people who didn't necessary documentably order the crimes

Individual 1.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

We should have given the Zionists Alaska.

So they could be hassling Canada instead.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

GreyjoyBastard posted:

forums poster cornholio endorses mayor butt for president

He'll need a VP for his bunghole!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CornHolio posted:

He'll need a VP for his bunghole!

gently caress, can we get this as a thread title or something?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm still laughing at Kushner's middle East peace plan that involved all of that territory swapping. It's like he just read about how the UK hosed up breaking up of the Ottoman empire and decided he could just redraw the lines. Like did you know that much of modern Jordan was supposed to be part of Palestine in the original partition plans? So bing bong, it's so simple just give some of that land to the Palestinians to make up for all of the land Israel keeps taking.

Seriously, it reads like a proposal a middle schooler would write after a couple of weeks of research into the region.

It's also not at all surprising. Even if we assumed Kushner was good natured (he isn't), it's a government/rulership facing understanding of territory. It completely ignores who lives in that (x)region or what their language is or what their culture is like. Government elites love redrawing lines on a map and not thinking about the human cost involved. Even if it were appealing to the governments involved (it probably won't be) it'd be another century before people stopped fighting over them.

Edit: also extremely lol at Kushner for the very white implication that the various Middle Eastern leaders couldn't have just done that poo poo on their own if that was all they wanted.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 21, 2019

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

This sounds like threatening language, especially considering his violent military training.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Stickman posted:

Not nearly the same level, but wtf is going on here, Indiana? :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/ISTAmembers/status/1108477440819712006

I see the Indiana House has the same respect for facts and education that they always have.

That's a misleading tweet - it's just Nadler and Schneider, along with two Republicans.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Who could've ever perceived the depths to which the GOP would sink.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Just set the vocal cord parasites to the word's bigly and best, that should take care of the matter.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Rent-A-Cop posted:

We should have given the Zionists Alaska.

So they could be hassling Canada instead.

Isn't there a novel about that? The Yiddish Policeman's Union?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Donnie dont stop this is the perfect hill to die on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I would say he's cowardly not @-ing him but lol those mentions must be .... something else