Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
There's no pressure on that side of the MC so as long as it's watertight you're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Good news: my pilot and main jets arrived.

Bad news: turning over the carburetor to install the jets apparently jostled the slide loose. When I went to kick over the engine to see how the new jets were working, it sounded like I had the throttle wide open. When I checked the throttle, the cable was completely slack. Uh oh.

The slide got hung up on the ridge and wound up stuck inside the carburetor. Once I finally wiggled it loose, I saw the extent of the damage. Thankfully the carburetor body itself is unscathed. I'll try filing it tomorrow. Otherwise, a replacement's only $12.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
New x rays!

Hinge on my brace now set to Max movement, and here comes the physio. Prognosis seems good.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Holy crap that's a lot of staples!

In less amazing news, I went ahead and bought a new carburetor slide.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

M4rg4r1ne posted:

Holy crap that's a lot of staples!

In less amazing news, I went ahead and bought a new carburetor slide.

Staples are gone now, thankfully. I really have to push the rehab as much as I can. I want to get back on my feet as soon as possible.

Good luck with your carb. Hope it goes well.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Z3n posted:

There's no pressure on that side of the MC so as long as it's watertight you're good.

Hopin' so!

I did find some thread sealant that was rated for hydraulic systems.

Last night I learned just how tedious flushing/bleeding brake fluid is. But easy! It was my first time, and when I have to do it again I'll have a much quicker time of it.

SpannerX I'm glad you're on the mend! Get well soon and keep us updated.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Dragged peg for the first time this morning. I guess that's a bit of a misnomer since I don't have pegs, but I definitely scraped the tip of my kickstand. :smug:

Granted there was a bump in the middle of the turn that bottomed out my suspension, so that made it a bit easier...

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Here are recent pictures of my Booster Rocket, posted the specs earlier :

And here is my 2ng Booster Rocket with Horizontal Liquid Cooled Minarelli swap:

It's not quite finished but I only use it for road racing or chain long wheelies

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Swapped the #50 idle jet that came with my PHBG21 for a #40 and now it idles without making huge plumes of smoke. But it's still 4-stroking a bit under wide open throttle with the #92 main jet that also came with it so I think I'll start removing little bits of tape from the air filter.

Now that it's running somewhat properly, I've found the acceleration to be far less than linear. It's downright pokey until it hits the sweet spot. Now to figure out if it's the weights that came with the Malossi Multivar or the what springs that came with my Koso clutch.

Rugoberta Munchu fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 2, 2012

tuddy
Aug 1, 2006
I'll scream it until your ears bleed; You'll always have a friend in me.
here is my scooter, i wish i got to ride it more.

2003 honda ruckus, gy6 motor swap.

edit: heres one ripping a burnout in top siders!

tuddy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 4, 2012

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Nifty.

Supposedly the aftermarket Ruckus front disc conversion can be applied to the Metropolitan.

Now I have the urge to see how well a Metro's front forks would fit on my old Vino.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

I don't understand why someone would do this. I mean, I don't really understand Boomerjinks' hobby in the first place, but I am pretty sure this isn't even a thing from any of the shows. It's just a black Vespa with a bunch of Batman-related stuff all over it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
You don't understand why people combine things they like?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is this another anime thing?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Is this another anime thing?

It's just goofy nerds being goofy nerds.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Boomerjinks posted:

You don't understand why people combine things they like?

I understand it in the way I understand people putting band stickers and sports team logos on their laptops or whatever. I don't understand it in the way I don't understand a donk with Cheetos logos all over it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Sagebrush posted:

I understand it in the way I understand people putting band stickers and sports team logos on their laptops or whatever. I don't understand it in the way I don't understand a donk with Cheetos logos all over it.

When you put it like that, I guess I'd have to answer with "varying degrees of enthusiasm and/or stupidity."

Which fully apply to both movie car replicas and donks :hfive:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

I don't understand it in the way I don't understand a donk with Cheetos logos all over it.

Why DO they do that, I dont get it either.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Why DO they do that, I dont get it either.

My identity comes from what I consume

(the batman Vespa is ugly and what the gently caress is what that license plate? this ain't a bobber, get that poo poo back on the body)

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

The Batmobility Scooter manages to be cooler than this, even though it's the wrong kind of scooter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

People get so spergy about what things should be. If the batman themed scooter makes you happy, it's the best loving scooter to the only person that matters.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bloody Queef posted:

People get so spergy about what things should be. If the batman themed scooter makes you happy, it's the best loving scooter to the only person that matters.
I don't think we'd have the slightest trouble selling that bike if it were in our shop, either. Scooter people would swarm around that poo poo.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
I'd ride the hell out of that thing.

Hell, I have an old Elite 80, and I was thinking about turning it into a Tiniest of the V8 Interceptors for a Max Max thing I go to every year. 8 tiny exhaust pipes and fake front supercharger and everything. So compared to that, a Bat-Scooter is downright respectable.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
That's nothing.

Sieg Zeon.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I understand that is a nerd trap and all but that is cool as hell

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
So is there anything I can do about the fact that left hand turn signals won't change for me? Or some stoplights? Because right now if it's the middle of the night and I've been stuck at a stoplight for ten minutes, I park my scooter and run over and hit the walk signal button, which I think is the least dignified thing that a person can do.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Little Blue Couch posted:

So is there anything I can do about the fact that left hand turn signals won't change for me? Or some stoplights? Because right now if it's the middle of the night and I've been stuck at a stoplight for ten minutes, I park my scooter and run over and hit the walk signal button, which I think is the least dignified thing that a person can do.

Depending on where you live you may be able to run the light after a certain number of cycles.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

You might also try hopping off and putting your kickstand down. That works for some of the stoplights here.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

Jesus Christ, just run it dude. Whats wrong with you?

If there's no one there and it's safe then it's totes appropriate.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

mootmoot posted:

This is true. Also it might be legal in your state, several have laws allowing you to run a red on sensor lights if it doesn't change for you after so many cycles/so much time (as ifire said).

You can also do some things like trying to position your bike right over the wires in the ground, or across several of them (ex. diagonal across a corner of a rectangle) to try and trigger it while you're waiting.

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
I learned more than I ever cared to here about those sensors: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/safety-regulatory-devices/question234.htm

Also, searching for "light won't change motorcycle" showed me a product for attaching to the underside of a motorcycle which I'm pretty sure is just a big hunk of steel given what the page above says. (Possibly magnetic to help the induction property?)

That lends credence to the idea that putting the kickstand down would help, because the steel gets closer to the sensor. Alternatively, I'm curious if you could just get a hunk of steel and put it under a fairing underneath or something and have it work.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dalrain posted:

I'm curious if you could just get a hunk of steel and put it under a fairing underneath or something and have it work.

A big chunk of magnetically soft iron would be ideal, I'd think. Mild steel would be a close substitute though.

I've heard that the alternating magnetic field created by the starter motor can also trigger the lights if they don't go off, so maybe turn off the killswitch, crank it for a few seconds, then start it back up?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just wanted to whine that I missed out on a clean 2009 Zuma 125 with 3k miles for $1000.

I wasn't looking for a scooter but I came across the ad too late and someone was already coming to get it when I texted the guy :( I was going to surprise my wife with it (but really it would be for meeeeee)

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I repacked my silencer tonight and apparently didn't wind the fiberglass around the core tight enough because it's just about as loud now as it was when the really thin oily burnt blown-out stuff fell out and the exhaust was giving me headaches. I'll try again with my leftovers tomorrow I suppose.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

There should be enough fiberglass wrapped around the core that you need to stuff it in the can a bit. You don't want to pack it tight, I believe part of the insulating value is in allowing the fibers to vibrate with the exhaust pulses.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

mootmoot posted:

The cops in my city are assholes, and they're loving everywhere. I guess I'll look up California's laws about running lights.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Looking up stuff is for fags.

Twist that wrist.

fakeedit: OOps, my mistake. Scooter thread. Look those highway bylaws up bromosexual x

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
So, I have a Honda 2000 Dio, 50cc. Last year, I painted it, and had it running around 55 - 60km/h.

This year, I get 40. 45 if I'm lucky. It gets up to 45, and it feels almost like the bottom drops out of it - like everything just stops engaging. I don't lose speed, but it doesn't go any faster.

I've had it into the local engine shop, and they looked at it. They tuned it up, checked the compression and so forth. They said they called Honda, and were told that "a 50cc should top out at 45km!". Which is complete bullshit.

So what can I do? What do I look at? When I painted the bike, I did open up the crankcase and checked for a restricting washer, but didn't find one. Suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco

TwystNeko posted:

So, I have a Honda 2000 Dio, 50cc. Last year, I painted it, and had it running around 55 - 60km/h.

This year, I get 40. 45 if I'm lucky. It gets up to 45, and it feels almost like the bottom drops out of it - like everything just stops engaging. I don't lose speed, but it doesn't go any faster.

I've had it into the local engine shop, and they looked at it. They tuned it up, checked the compression and so forth. They said they called Honda, and were told that "a 50cc should top out at 45km!". Which is complete bullshit.

So what can I do? What do I look at? When I painted the bike, I did open up the crankcase and checked for a restricting washer, but didn't find one. Suggestions?

Has it been sitting a while? I'd clean the carb and go from there. Spark plug in good shape? Airfilter dirty?