Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I might be interested in this one

Which pressing is it, and how much do you want for it?

It's on clear red. I bought it around the time leviathan came out I think or maybe a little before that. I'll have to look into which pressing it is. Let me get back to ya on the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

NESguerilla posted:

Interest check:

I am going to sell a few of my somewhat rare records cause I'm broke, and figured I'd hit you guys up or put a SA mart thread up before I deal with the pain in the rear end that is Ebay. Haven't got exact prices yet but I'll probably knock like 20% off the cheapest discogs price if that sounds fair.

So far I am selling:

Gorrilaz-Demon Days. (A goon mentioned he wants this record so I need to contact him first)
The Mars Volta-Tremulant
Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (colored ltd to 1000)
Carcass-Heartwork (colored ltd to 1000)
At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul (colored ltd to 1000)
Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Neurosis-Word as Law

More to come!

This was from forever ago and I can't PM you about Demon Days. Hopefully you are still checking the thread.

If any of Beck's 90s stuff will be among the records you plan on selling I'd be very interested in that.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Second dibs on Demon Days?

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

NESguerilla posted:

I need this. Like, a lot.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
Hey guys not to backseat mod, but if you're going to be selling stuff can you just post a thread in SA-mart and link back here? That way this doesn't turn into a whole buying/selling clusterfuck of posts.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
It would be nice to be able to do it without SA, though, to reward the people reading the thread and not the people just refresh SAmart all day.
Maybe announce what you have here, then do everything else in pm or email?
Though, if you just want to sell to whoever will buy it, then yes make an samart thread and link it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Tiny Faye posted:

Hey guys not to backseat mod, but if you're going to be selling stuff can you just post a thread in SA-mart and link back here? That way this doesn't turn into a whole buying/selling clusterfuck of posts.

It's not that big a deal. This thread often goes days without an update anyway.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

alg posted:

just saw this over on FB.

http://risingpulserecords.bigcartel.com/

Now if they could just release A Day of Nights on vinyl :/
Got mine in the mail today:

I want to blast it right now, but one of my speakers is in the shop... Could do headphones I suppose, but um... I want to BLAST it. loving love that black and pink splatter. This cell phone photo doesn't do it justice whatsoever.

NESguerilla posted:

It's on clear red. I bought it around the time leviathan came out I think or maybe a little before that. I'll have to look into which pressing it is. Let me get back to ya on the price.
Cool, yeah just hit me with a PM when you know for sure, but if it's clear red, it's probably one of the first pressings I think. Definitely interested.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 14, 2011

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool, good to hear you guys are interested. I have some more I found that I am going to sell too I just need to finish my last final tomorrow and we can do some wheeling and dealing.

If it bugs too many people I can start a SA Mart thread but I figure most of the vinyl fans are posting here anyways.

Quick update:

The White stripes-Elephant (red and white 2xlp)
AFI: The nitro years box set (first 5 albums on clear)
At the drive in/Sunshine split LP (clear purple)

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 14, 2011

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Waiting for *Doom/Shoegaze/Post-Punk* Records to Come in the Mail :\

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm moving out of state this Friday so last night I made a final run at my local record. One of the reasons to stop by was to pick up the vinyl release of Lulu (I know, I'm one of two people that like it).

I was also surprised to finally find the Black Belles LP and their latest single there. Does Third Man Records have a window of exclusivity through their site for new releases? I was at the shop the weekend after the album's release and for Record Store Day and they didn't have either at those times.

(The only reason why I didn't order it from TMR was because I didn't know where I'd physically be when it was shipped; if it was at the shop at either of those times, I would have had my turntable with me)

And finally, Devo's "Theme From Dr. Detroit" 12".

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

NESguerilla posted:

Cool, good to hear you guys are interested. I have some more I found that I am going to sell too I just need to finish my last final tomorrow and we can do some wheeling and dealing.

If it bugs too many people I can start a SA Mart thread but I figure most of the vinyl fans are posting here anyways.

Quick update:

The White stripes-Elephant (red and white 2xlp)
At the drive in/Sunshine split LP (clear purple)

PM'd you about Elephant. Love that one.

So no luck with Scott Pilgrim. I did however find both volumes of Kill Bill, which I may pick up Friday.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

How much? If you could email me at burgettse AT gmail DOT com

Thanks in advance.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

WASDF posted:

Is it in the mail yet? I'm so antsy about this :ohdear:

Also NESguerilla you can email me at samjolnir at gmail dot com to discuss pricing/shipping. Thanks, man!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

Interest check:

I am going to sell a few of my somewhat rare records cause I'm broke, and figured I'd hit you guys up or put a SA mart thread up before I deal with the pain in the rear end that is Ebay. Haven't got exact prices yet but I'll probably knock like 20% off the cheapest discogs price if that sounds fair.

So far I am selling:

Gorrilaz-Demon Days. (A goon mentioned he wants this record so I need to contact him first)
The Mars Volta-Tremulant
Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (colored ltd to 1000)
Carcass-Heartwork (colored ltd to 1000)
Mastodon-Lifesblood (Colored 2x7" also very limited)
Neurosis-Word as Law

More to come!

This was from forever ago and I can't PM you about Demon Days. Hopefully you are still checking the thread.

Yes! I will take. You can e-mail me at sarahcjcollege@hotmail.com

I've been wanting this on vinyl forever. One of my all time favorites.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 14, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
My Neutral Milk Hotel box set arrived today, and it is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to dive in.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

My Neutral Milk Hotel box set arrived today, and it is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to dive in.

I get home from school on the 21st, it will be waiting for me. did they do the digital release yet? i'd love to not have to wait to listen to some of the unreleased stuff.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Selling some vinyl over in SA-Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3455158

It's mostly '60s-'80s rock, with a few other random things thrown in. Check it out!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Get a load of this loving clown:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-VINYL-45...=item3f113fe1c3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Get a load of this loving clown:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-VINYL-45...=item3f113fe1c3

Some people these days can't seem to grasp that EVERY record is not worth it's weight in gold. After working at a record store for two years I can't tell you how many people walked into that place with some scuffed up Beatles record thinking they were going to walk out with enough money to buy an HDTV.

I was watching that dumb show "Storage Wars" last night and one of the guys thought he found a goldmine when he came upon a box of old gospel records.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
That guy spent more on the $4000 starting bid listing fee than all the records are worth.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Some people these days can't seem to grasp that EVERY record is not worth it's weight in gold. After working at a record store for two years I can't tell you how many people walked into that place with some scuffed up Beatles record thinking they were going to walk out with enough money to buy an HDTV.

I was watching that dumb show "Storage Wars" last night and one of the guys thought he found a goldmine when he came upon a box of old gospel records.

I'm well aware of this, but holy poo poo. This is far worse than anything I've seen. The guy wants five grand for a pile of lovely dollar bin records that he even says are scratched.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

WASDF posted:

Unless their shipping has improved since the first press, you've got a seam split or two to look forward to. Did they actually use the painting for the cover art this time around? Mine has the dude in the center of a black background and looks like some sort of Death in June bootleg.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CPL593H posted:

I'm well aware of this, but holy poo poo. This is far worse than anything I've seen. The guy wants five grand for a pile of lovely dollar bin records that he even says are scratched.

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

Hey I don't know if you saw my earlier post. Sorry I'm just a little excited to give you money.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I was seriously considering it.

On a totally different note, an indie label called Joyful Noise Recordings (they put out weird novelty items like oF Montreal and Dinosaur Jr. cassettes) is doing a record of the month club where they'll issue flexi discs with songs exclusive to each release. Every disc is limited to 500. Truth be told I've not heard of half the bands on the list, but it's only $5.75 (shipped) a month so I figured why not. If you pay an extra 20 bucks for the first month, they send you a special hand numbered and decorated wooden box to hold the discs. I figured the folks here would be interested to know this because it's a pretty unique offer and a few of the bands on the list for these singles get name dropped here now and again.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 15, 2011

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

I did send him a message asking him that. I'll report back if he says anything worth posting.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

I was seriously considering it.

On a totally different note, an indie label called Joyful Noise Recordings (they put out weird novelty items like oF Montreal and Dinosaur Jr. cassettes) is doing a record of the month club where they'll issue flexi discs with songs exclusive to each release. Every disc is limited to 500. Truth be told I've not heard of half the bands on the list, but it's only $5.75 (shipped) a month so I figured why not. If you pay an extra 20 bucks for the first month, they send you a special hand numbered and decorated wooden box to hold the discs. I figured the folks here would be interested to know this because it's a pretty unique offer and a few of the bands on the list for these singles get name dropped here now and again.

That's awesome. Thanks for bringing it up.

Deerhoof and Make Believe both contribute? I'm so in.

Also, the box artwork is done by this guy so I'm totally getting it too.

Oh, by the way, you can sign up here:
http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/

Here's some more info for interested parties:

Joyful Noise Recordings posted:

Joyful Noise is very pleased to announce the 2012 Flexi Disc Series! This $4 monthly subscription features new exclusive recordings from 12 of our favorite artists making music today, each limited to just 500 copies on single-sided flexi discs.

WTF is a Flexi Disc?
In case you are unfamiliar, a Flexi Disc is essentially a thin, single-sided vinyl record which is flexible (hence the name), and rather obscure. However it is playable on any standard turntable. Back in the day flexis were often packaged inside magazines and even in cereal boxes.

Beginning this January, the Joyful Noise 2012 Flexi Disc Series will feature a different artist each month for the duration of the year. All of the releases will be limited to 500 copies on single-sided clear flexi discs. Digital will NOT be made available. That's right, these songs will only be available on these 500 physical units. All of the songs featured in the series are 100% new and unreleased and will never be released in any other format. So kiddies, there isn't even a chance you already have this in your iTunes... Literally the only way you will hear these songs is to sign up for the subscription.

Here are the 12 bands featured on the 2012 Flexi Disc Series (in alphabetical order): Akron/Family, Danielson, Dead Rider (ex US Maple), Deerhoof, Jad Fair (Half Japanese), Lou Barlow (Sebadoh/Dinosaur Jr.), Make Believe (ex Cap'n Jazz/Owls/Joan of Arc), of Montreal, Racebannon, Rafter, Richard Swift, and Tortoise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cheese eats mouse posted:

Hey I don't know if you saw my earlier post. Sorry I'm just a little excited to give you money.

Oh yeah I did. I'm just waiting to get back to everyone until I can sit down and figure out everything tomorrow or Friday morning.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

CPL593H posted:

This is really cool. Some pretty cool artists involved, and just a fun concept. I can dig it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's awesome. Thanks for bringing it up.

Deerhoof and Make Believe both contribute? I'm so in.

Also, the box artwork is done by this guy so I'm totally getting it too.

Oh, by the way, you can sign up here:
http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/

Here's some more info for interested parties:

I couldn't in good conscience not mention this to the thread. It's such a fun idea and for that low of a price how can you say no?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

gently caress. Raveonettes B-sides album is $50.00. You can't do that with a bunch of stuff not good enough for an album!

JohnnyWarbucks
May 8, 2007
I'm just getting into vinyl so this is all new to me, but I am loving it. Signed up for the Joyful Noise monthly, so thank you for that!

In the past couple weeks I picked up:

The Postal Service - Give Up
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Best Coast - Crazy For You

Thankfully my dad still had some old albums of his, so I also took MJ's Thriller, an Elton John greatest hits, and some ELO from my parent's house.

I also picked up a used Decemberists album off of Amazon, but it was way warped and I had to return it. Love having Amazon Prime (Amazon Mom from just having a kid).

I stopped by my local store and picked up a few albums, but I don't think I will buy any new stuff from them again because they are so much more expensive than Amazon or other online stores. Good used section though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JohnnyWarbucks posted:

I'm just getting into vinyl so this is all new to me, but I am loving it. Signed up for the Joyful Noise monthly, so thank you for that!

Just remember to take a break from buying and take your time listening every once in a while. It's easy to buy up more poo poo than you can ever hope to listen to - especially second-hand.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just remember to take a break from buying and take your time listening every once in a while. It's easy to buy up more poo poo than you can ever hope to listen to - especially second-hand.

Don't listen to this guy. Hoard. Hoard your rear end off, because at the end of your life you'll be judged by the amount of poo poo you've managed to collect over your lifetime.

It's how you win. At life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Don't listen to this guy. Hoard. Hoard your rear end off, because at the end of your life you'll be judged by the amount of poo poo you've managed to collect over your lifetime.

It's how you win. At life.

Why'd you spill the beans you nincumpoop? Now there'll be less records for us! (Yeah I'm the guy who hides the good stuff at the back of the crate just in case I decide to pick it up later.)

EDIT: Oh, shoot...

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

alg posted:

gently caress. Raveonettes B-sides album is $50.00. You can't do that with a bunch of stuff not good enough for an album!
and sold out already I think

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
So.. my question is who is doing flexis in the US? The last plant I knew of was the Christian-only one in Florida. I hear Pirate's Press (CZ) is doing them now, is that the only one?

I want to release some flexis basically and I'm looking for the cheapest place. If its not worth it I might try making a DIY cutterhead..

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Not an Anthem posted:

So.. my question is who is doing flexis in the US? The last plant I knew of was the Christian-only one in Florida. I hear Pirate's Press (CZ) is doing them now, is that the only one?

I want to release some flexis basically and I'm looking for the cheapest place. If its not worth it I might try making a DIY cutterhead..

Erika does them but Flexis are retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

I sent him a message saying "I hope you're joking. No one's going to pay you $4000 for that. You'd be lucky to get $40."

He replied "cool"