Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've restarted using an emulator without having to trouble my Mobile-based one, without linking it.

I've stumbled upon a question!

So, I got Lyn 5*, Lon'qu 3*, Tharja 4*, Henry 3* and some funky monk 3*.

This is versus Eliwood, Cherche, Gwendolyn and Wrys, all 4*, plus Gunther, plus (all 3*s) Gwendolyn, Clarine, Wrys, Saizo and Suabki, that exists on my Linked to My Nintendo on a Smart Phone.

ASSUMING I'm able to do this, this also potentially means losing my free 10 orbs from linking to My Nintendo(which was spent on the two pulls one).

So, uh. Are 5*s REALLY that needed? Is this worth it? You know, beyond being a drat nerd and worrying about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

General Morden posted:

i got 5 star pieri

she started with 21 ATK

lmao

I have a 4* and she almost never gets ATK when she levels, it's just speed all the time. Level 11 she has 22 ATK and 16 SPD. 9 DEF though so she's going to do a ride by stabbing then just fall over dead of a cold.

Roy has 31 ATK, but his movement speed is bad and the maps always start him in the back corner so by the time he hits something, the mission is over.

EDIT:

Cosmic Afro posted:

So, uh. Are 5*s REALLY that needed? Is this worth it? You know, beyond being a drat nerd and worrying about this.
Not overly much. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to upgrade any units you really care about to 5* once you build up some resources, but especially for early content 4* units are just as good as 5*. Later content I don't know about though. Like my 4* Hana actually gets more use than Roy despite being weaker because her ability lets her make other units around her stronger and armor slayer is good. Roy is just a power house I send to some god forsaken corner to kill anything dumb enough to attack him.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 3, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

Ahhh, I see. Thanks. Did they go over that in the tutorial? I don't remember it. I though most stats were self-explanatory but I was confused about speed; like I didn't see any kind of evasion rates or anything.

i don't think it came up, i actually had to double check that it was 5 since it used to be 4 before fire emblem: fates

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think it came up, i actually had to double check that it was 5 since it used to be 4 before fire emblem: fates

They bumped it up to 5 as of Awakening, I think.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What is the SP stat, by the way?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Skill points, you use 'em to learn skills.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nihilarian posted:

That's what you use to learn skills.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
WELL THAT SOLVES MY DILLEMA. When I tried to do what I said earlier:

'This nintendo account has already been linked to Fire Emblem Heroes. If you wish to use the data linked to this account you must link the account the first time you launch the app'

Oh well, I've had a nice amount of dudes on the other account.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Brother Entropy posted:

gunther's got a skill called hone cavalry that passively gives +6 atk/spd to adjacent cavalry units at the start of your turn and i can't wait to get some other cavs to have fun with that

Hector has the same, but +4 to armored units two areas around him. Too bad I don't have any others.

I really wish he would proc some speed already. 12 Speed at L16 is better than you'd expect for an armor but still, mages are eating him alive. At least he's doing better than Ogma.

Serra is at least fixing the Speed issue... too bad she can't heal herself without attacking.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

poo poo, I went to sleep and then had a super busy day right after making the spreadsheet. I think I can fix the fuckiness with leading 0s when I get home in a few hours. Thanks for sticking it in the OP, cheetah!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BambooEarpick posted:

Ahhh, I see. Thanks. Did they go over that in the tutorial? I don't remember it. I though most stats were self-explanatory but I was confused about speed; like I didn't see any kind of evasion rates or anything.

Pressing on most of anything will explain it to you, including stats

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Being able to shove my units forward one square with Stahl is proving to be far more useful than I had figured it would be. But then the AI seems to like to wait just outside of attack ranges that one extra square would punish.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Is Lucina worth keeping or should I keep rerolling?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
After my first two pulls gave me not much (1x 4* on each), and because I'd already linked my nintendo account didn't even think to reroll, got this on my third.

I'm ok with this. Esp. since I love Camille.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hi. i have a question i hope someone can answer.

in this image i'm trying to have selena use her reposition skill to swap places with cherche so that she doesn't die. however, no matter how much i try, it won't let me use that skill on her without first moving to another space, which will keep cherche in range of the enemy. i don't want that. however, if i try to use the skill on niles, the game has no issues with me using it without having serena move. so, how do i get the game to let me do that with cherche? am i missing something, or is this just a weird bug?

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

First rolls: all 3*s
Saizo
Lon'Qu
Cherche
Florina
Setsuna
Only one I care about at all is Lon'Qu. Should I just reroll?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

NEVERMIND i figured it out. i completely misunderstood the ability, it doesn't swap places it moves them to the opposite side of the unit. ok thanks everyone

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zebia posted:

First rolls: all 3*s
Saizo
Lon'Qu
Cherche
Florina
Setsuna
Only one I care about at all is Lon'Qu. Should I just reroll?

Rerolling is easy enough that I would reroll until you have a team of four that you like.

As Tae will no doubt say in reply to your question, rerolling isn't actually necessary to clear content, though having powerful units can allow you to clear things at a lower level. Still, there's no reason to waste your only free roll on units you don't like.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i don't like niles's new voice. Sorry

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Check this for information on whether or not your waifu and/or husbando is in the game

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh man that useless big boss looking guy from that one stupid mission in Shadow Dragon isn't in this game? Bummer. I wanted big boss on my team.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got donnel but i strongly suspect he won't be an unstoppable murderbeast in this game

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
What on earth is the last location and how do I unlock it? In the bottom right of the world map

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

cheetah7071 posted:

Rerolling is easy enough that I would reroll until you have a team of four that you like.

As Tae will no doubt say in reply to your question, rerolling isn't actually necessary to clear content, though having powerful units can allow you to clear things at a lower level. Still, there's no reason to waste your only free roll on units you don't like.

Do I have to delete all the data or can I just uninstall/reinstall the app (on Android)?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Check this for information on whether or not your waifu and/or husbando is in the game

Huh.

First Fire Emblem ever with a majority female playable cast, if you don't count Tokyo mirage session (or if you count the mirages as well as the mirage masters, in which case guys have the lead in that one) . Interesting.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

cheetah7071 posted:

No Erk?! Trash game.

(I know he wasn't that good, but my only full FE playthrough my Erk rolled lucky like crazy, and for awhile was on par with a general for tankyness. Plus decent magic stats)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zebia posted:

Do I have to delete all the data or can I just uninstall/reinstall the app (on Android)?

You want to go into the app's information and select clear all data. This will force you to redo the in-game downloads, but none of the installation.

If you're rooted you can reroll more easily.

The actual best way to do it is to get on your PC and download an android emulator (I use Nox). The emulator will be rooted, so you can jut delete the relevant files--now you don't have to download anything to reroll. Once you get what you want, link it with your My Nintendo account, then do the same on your phone and the stuff will transfer over.

e: Or try to set the world record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpQxa_jvAXs

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

No Maribelle? What were all my votes for????

Oh well, I just got a 4 star Niles so I can't be too mad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can't break canon like this, Heroes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
well I did my 2nd 5 pull on this account and my team now consists of 5* Roy, 5* Lyn and 5* Takumi :getin:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
is there a fast way to reroll for ios? will that nox thing work or is that just for android?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Terper posted:

That's a powerful wooden Gunter sculpture.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

What a good grandpa.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont like any of the new voices

also bear in mind you can only field 4 units at a time so after like 3-4 five pulls you'll probably have all 4-star units anyway

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Did two full rolls, got no five stars or literally any character I wanted :negative:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cheetah7071 posted:

Tellius, Magvel and Jugdral are most certainly being saved for later content updates. As is Valencia, but we can all guess when the Valencia update is coming. :v:

There are still definitely a lot of waifus and husbandos missing, though. I'll be curious to see who is added as time goes on (and whether they start coming up with originals, since eventually they'll run out of existing ones).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpaceDrake posted:

There are still definitely a lot of waifus and husbandos missing, though. I'll be curious to see who is added as time goes on (and whether they start coming up with originals, since eventually they'll run out of existing ones).

Unless you expect this game to last more than 10 years, there is way more than enough FE characters considering you're not counting variants and that they're putting 1 second cutscene NPCs available for voting.

Like, Shadows of Valencia will count as its own series and add in another 30 characters by itself, separate from Gaiden.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just got my daily refill :toot:

Also Takumi can now counter at 1-range hooray

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

Tellius, Magvel and Jugdral are most certainly being saved for later content updates. As is Valencia, but we can all guess when the Valencia update is coming. :v:

Haha, no. When you check out the fusion help thing it specifically mentions characters "of the same name and title" so I'm assuming at some point we're going to start seeing variants from each game they show up in, or from whatever plot points might cause minor changes. Hell I'm betting at some point we'll get a different classic/shadow dragon marth just to add another marth in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got a second Lucina

I don't know whether this is lucky or unlucky