Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

What...what does it do? Just it just wander around the bloc making weird scifi noises until people...leave? Does it call the cops if it gets tipped over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

420 Gank Mid posted:

What...what does it do? Just it just wander around the bloc making weird scifi noises until people...leave? Does it call the cops if it gets tipped over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRDl5_-wJ0Y

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i agree wtt, whenever i pass someone with a dog they always try to calm the dog down as I pass and it weirds me out. like dude/lady calm yourself down I've seen a dog before & pretty sure they don't understand english

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/943848168860643328

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dog People get so so mad when you even hint that we should put human needs and rights over animals’, even when you frame it as childrens’ basic needs

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

small dogs are fine, but I don’t trust large dogs or their idiot owners as a rule. oh no, my pitbull is a good boy! *watches friend nearly get their throat ripped out with zero provocation*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

#notallbigdogs

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
animal rights is a bourgeois distraction so they don’t have to address social problems like housing, poverty, or healthcare.

this can be seen whenever there is more outrage about a police officer shooting a dog then a homeless person.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

animal rights are a weird variant of NIMBYism, where the subject literally is in their back yard. People care about animal rights because they themselves have or have had pets, the same way Republicans change their tunes when they find out their children are gay.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

it’s true tho. I can’t stand animal rights activists and poo poo hoovering up money and attention while children live in the streets in the richest country in the history of the world. straight up mike Vick gets real prison time for letting dogs fight in a house he owned (not even fighting them himself!) while pieces of poo poo like Ben roethlisberger get to keep their jobs and reputation after raping and abusing real human women

Gazpacho posted:

i agree wtt, whenever i pass someone with a dog they always try to calm the dog down as I pass and it weirds me out. like dude/lady calm yourself down I've seen a dog before & pretty sure they don't understand english

the problem is that the guy who said it doesn't care about human beings, either

also that it's asinine to believe humanizing or revering animals is some kind of post-9/11 millennial derangement and not a thing people have been doing for as long as we have a historical record; it's probably much more of a human cultural constant than all the gender/family/etc stuff idiots like him are obsessed with, and on the whole I'm happier with it than other popular long-running human bits like war and slavery

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Our capacity to love the non-human even more than ourselves is, imo, our best quality as a species. Does it lead to warped political priorities? Sure, but in the long run it's the only thing that really justifies our existence as a dominant race.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the problem is that it’s wokelords who conflate (deliberately or otherwise) the ideas of ecological protection with that of new age animal worship

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

theflyingexecutive posted:

the problem is that it’s wokelords who conflate (deliberately or otherwise) the ideas of ecological protection with that of new age animal worship

Also, horse-people. Horse-people are the loving worst.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

We should do like the chinese and boil dogs in woks before eating them

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OldAlias posted:

small dogs are fine, but I don’t trust large dogs or their idiot owners as a rule. oh no, my pitbull is a good boy! *watches friend nearly get their throat ripped out with zero provocation*
I am more than fine with people having pets but since both I and my wife sport large scars from being attacked on different occasions by large dogs for having the temerity to run/bike past the fenced (but not well fenced) yard they were in I'm definitely of the opinion that owners should be forced to take a lot more responsibility for their actions. Especially since both dogs turned out to have a history in biting people but "were super sweet dogs that just got excited just one time ".

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

Westerners are ignorant and constantly shame Viet Cong and North Vietnamese. They are labelled as evil communists. While Americans and the West were labelled heroes. In reality, Americans were the aggressors and Viet Cong are the heroes defending their country. It doesnt matter how many rambos and propaganda films Americans churn out because any informed person knows they are bullshit lies. To this day American Vietnam war veterans are worshiped and thanked for their service war crimes. But the rest of the world knows better and shakes their head. How pathetic is it that America and South Vietnamese were better equipped yet still lost to Viet Cong? The reason is that Viet Cong fought for the side of justice and honor, they were on the right side of history and that gave them motivation to fight to victory. While South Vietnamese were traitors destroying their own country and sucking up to USA hence they had no morale to fight. Can you imagine if South Vietnam America's puppet state won? USA would occupy the whole country forever where Americans are free to loot, burn, murder, rape, spray agent orange, and expect you to be grateful for it. All Asians should thank the Viet Cong, the true heroes and patriots of Asia!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EasternSunRising/comments/7leqrg/viet_cong_are_the_good_guys/?st=jbhexrzz&sh=ebeb202b

the whole subreddit is absolutely incredible

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
that's... not wrong???

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

he's got a lot of good opinions

quote:

Star Wars is anti-Asian

Movies 1-6 zero notable Asians, only a few extras in the background. In a galaxy with trillions of different races theres no Asians. The jedi are partly based on shaolin monks and samurai, they even wear hanfu and gis. They steal our culture but wont give our people a role. Finally, Rogue One had two Asian men, they were gay amam. Episode 7 has two Asian men, they did nothing on screen and appears a few seconds only. Most likely gay too. Episode 8 has kelly marie tran who gets a big role, but shes in bmaf relationship and kisses finn. In every Hollywood movie, Asians are always in amam or xmaf. Every time, aint a coincidence. Dont watch this piece of poo poo franchise.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Homeless Removal Droid from san francisco
of course it's from there. jerry falwell was right, SF is sodom and gomorrah

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

It would take divine intervention to drive the techies from San Francisco and return it to the gays, who made it great

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
mods please change my name to Homeless Removal Droid

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Frog Act posted:

um, the opinion that Lieutenant Telsij is "not notable" is the most wrong and disgusting thing I've ever seen on the Internet. He even got an action figure!!!!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frog Act posted:

at least his last sentence is correct

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, theflyingexecutive is a really bad poster, and dumb

anyway, I once saw very good Matt Walsh set in Mint club in Leeds in like 2009 or 2008, I hope that's not the same guy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

dbukalski posted:

I understand your reaction but this is the death of democracy.

we are winning the demographic wave. were winning the hearts and minds of future voters by going high when they go low.

patience

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What did Cornell West do, aside from like the Matrix sequels?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

Bodyslammed Ta Nehisi Coates so hard that he quit the internet.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These four people are hereby persona non grata from the community of people with generational suffixes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

He wrote a piece that correctly identified Ta-Nehisi Coates's racial discourse as lacking in anti-Capitalist and anti-Imperialist rhetoric and called him a neoliberal.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

He wrote a piece that correctly identified Ta-Nehisi Coates's racial discourse as lacking in anti-Capitalist and anti-Imperialist rhetoric and called him a neoliberal.

But that was an accurate argument and not at all unfair to Coates. I don’t think there are other people who could have made it at all, or half as well.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

But that was an accurate argument and not at all unfair to Coates. I don’t think there are other people who could have made it at all, or half as well.

The people castigating West are (neo)liberals

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Oh man, if we can excommunicate people from our race we don't like I got a loving list to make.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

love it when people admit they think certain individuals are above criticism because they're the same race

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lot going on here

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo this cornel West in the Matrix thing is blowing my mind

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress me, where do you begin with this one? probably the "you're not black if you don't toe the neoliberal line" attitude, but there are layers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Congrats on Dr. West on achieving the status of Honorary Aryan

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cool that BLM has apparently gone all urban guerilla nowadays.