Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Lanzini is out for at least a year as the ACL injury damaged the other ligaments in his knee as well (which likely means he'll never properly recover into the player he was)

Is there any other club who has had worse luck than West Ham with international injuries? Dean Ashton is well documented. Diafra Sakho was never the same after that back injury with Senegal and now Lanzini. And it's always their best players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Lanzini is out for at least a year as the ACL injury damaged the other ligaments in his knee as well (which likely means he'll never properly recover into the player he was)

Is there any other club who has had worse luck than West Ham with international injuries? Dean Ashton is well documented. Diafra Sakho was never the same after that back injury with Senegal and now Lanzini. And it's always their best players.

I don’t really know but guessing Arsenal has to be in the mix somehow.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Abramovich is getting pressured to sell after being frozen out of the country.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5822633/Roman-Abramovich-rejects-approach-sell-Chelsea-Jim-Ratcliffe.html

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

To a tax dodging brexiteer, quality options

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/Haagen_dazzz/status/1002256075079520264?s=19

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
That’s a bigger concern for Arsenal who always seem to be behind us.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
When I see an article that the richest man in Britain wants to buy Chelsea, my first thought is "yeah, Chelsea are gonna be hosed when Roman leaves"

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

When I see an article that the richest man in Britain wants to buy Chelsea, my first thought is "yeah, Chelsea are gonna be hosed when Roman leaves"

I think this is more out of hope than anything else. I would think a new rich owner would just consolidate all of Chelsea’s progress under Abramovich.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Doesn't Roman actually genuinely love Chelsea though?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Abramovich should call in all of those interest free loans he gave Chelsea and collapse the club imo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wirth1000 posted:

Doesn't Roman actually genuinely love Chelsea though?

lol

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
lol that guy is richer than abramovich by a decent amount

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he's the head of a major FTSE 100 company, he'll have them in liquidation within six months

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Young will be Mourinho's number one choice next season as well, at least if his recent comments are to be trusted.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-mourinho-young-14639518

Jose posted:

I think he’s better now than he was two years ago. That’s the way I see things and, next year again, he will be an important member of our squad. If he’s now on [appearance number] 200, I hope, next season, he goes into the 250s.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The Championship thread is closed but the fact that Marcelo Bielsa is now Leeds manager shouldn’t be allowed to pass without comment.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Do we get aJune/July thread so Arsenal can go top of the table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

brocked posted:

Do we get aJune/July thread so Arsenal can go top of the table?

Definitely not then

• Locked thread