Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You need to get every element if you want all the "Call of Element" masteries though. Raised Draki's are the only source of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Well I'm stalled on finishing builds because Jeff refuses to drop the legendary beast taming mastery :mad:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Raise your own Queen first, and then you can just hatch more eggs anytime anywhere.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 20, 2023

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
If I recall correctly you also get Jeff's mastery if you recruited enough monsters.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just beat chapter 3! :toot:

When/how do I unlock more classes? Albus has been sitting on all three maxed classes for a while.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's it, there are only three. Maybe more in future DLC, but not for now.

Edit: Instead of getting more classes, you get more masteries for the existing classes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Clarste posted:

That's it, there are only three. Maybe more in future DLC, but not for now.

Edit: Instead of getting more classes, you get more masteries for the existing classes.

Oh! Okay, that... actually works really well. I need to decide how I want to specialize Albus and then go hard into that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah there's a lot of builds within the umbrella of your two promoted classes.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

holy poo poo THAT'S A LOT OF DRAKI

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

tithin posted:

holy poo poo THAT'S A LOT OF DRAKI

and Giselle will enjoy shooting all of them

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Realizing that while I am meeting the level requirements for the story missions in Troubleshooter, the stats/damage is outpacing me so it's time to go back and do some optional missions. Not yet to the point of grinding, but I've been holding off on side content (!) to zip through the story, so now it's time to do random chores like... fix a fence!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GloomMouse posted:

and Giselle will enjoy shooting all of them

she needs her leather shoes and she's going to get them

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Are there any guides to crafting people can recommend? That’s the only way to get Kylie a better weapon, right? I don’t think I’ve ever engaged with crafting in games before so looking for something very 101 level.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Best Friends posted:

Are there any guides to crafting people can recommend? That’s the only way to get Kylie a better weapon, right? I don’t think I’ve ever engaged with crafting in games before so looking for something very 101 level.

That’s what caused me to muddle through too. Basic tips:

Use the filter to make only Kylie weapons appear.

Every level of equipment has a magenta version and an indigo version. The former unlocks higher levels; the latter is the best version of the current level. Build blues until no higher tiers appear, then an indigo to actually use. The box on the right should show you what building blues of the current level will unlock.

Kylie has two weapon versions, one with ESP and one with Physical. Choose your flavor.

The left side of the screen has a trail of stuff you’ve clicked on. So you start with a multiprocessing unit (or whatever Mono and Vivi are), you see you need a green core. You click on green core, you see it needs green fragments, so you click on and create green fragments — green core and the unit are still on the left, so you can quickly navigate your way back.

Materials have a quality chain of green -> magenta -> indigo. If you need eg magenta metal parts, you need to unlock them as a crafting option by crafting some greens first.

It’s messy but once you get in the swing of things, much easier. Or you can just upgrade Kylie’s weapon and never interact again! You only need crafting for super optimized postgame stuff, really.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Activating Equivalent Exchange on Ray is a great way to get a good variety of drops since she will give you all kinds of mats instead of what is supposed to drop from a mob.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

The real answer is to go offline and just cheat all the mats you need, because honestly it's kinda dumb how much rare poo poo you'll need.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Man, these clowns in dark clothing just won't die.

Is there any sort of hard counter to invulnerability other than waiting out the buff?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ray's Graffiti can get rid of Immortality provided the enemy has HP to lose from her attack.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like there's probably some other buff removal in the game but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I usually rely on Ray.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Anne can use starlight prison.

Kind of an edge case but if you deplete their sp,Phoenix doesn’t work.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I haven't kept up with the DLC, but wouldn't Witch's Jealousy (available for Anne and Bianca) also work there?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

New story mission. No more monkeys, but they added a new layer to sniper hell. What fun. Alisa can still pretty much solo it though (other than the fact that she literally cannot hit the dodgy rogue boss).

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

How far are they in terms of chapter completion? I know TS updates are pretty meaty in general, but I am waiting for the story to complete before going all in again.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZearothK posted:

How far are they in terms of chapter completion? I know TS updates are pretty meaty in general, but I am waiting for the story to complete before going all in again.

I think it's a little more than halfway now? There are five story missions or so.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Finish Black Witch and White lion and the ending is confusing. I assume it continues through doing the violent cases?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

tithin posted:

Finish Black Witch and White lion and the ending is confusing. I assume it continues through doing the violent cases?

What element are you finding confusing? In terms of major plot stuff that occurs, I think this covers it:

The Drifter Clowns are actually ex-military run by Ben. Since the war, they’ve been avoiding scrutiny with the goofy clown act. At the start of the DLC, they’re hunting for the artist Ramjist, aka Bianca’s cousin. However, during the DLC Ben is contacted by an agent of Edward LeBlanc (de facto ruler of the city and major plot string puller) to deal with Carter and the Spoonists, whose march towards Heixing’s prison is a major security threat. The DLC ends with Ben returning the Clowns to their paramilitary origins, gearing up with forbidden war-era tech and ditching the goofy getups, in preparation for dealing with the Spoonists.

It’s probably a plot they are setting up for the sequel.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah the sequel is going to have us playing as the spoonists for part of it, so a lot of it feels like setting up the origin of the antagonistic force you'll be dealing with then.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Is New Game+ a thing? And if so, if I've been playing offline, could I do New Game Plus+ online?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new game+ is not a thing, though you can go replay any story mission at any time so i'm not sure what the point would be.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sankara posted:

Is New Game+ a thing? And if so, if I've been playing offline, could I do New Game Plus+ online?

sorta, and i think you can do it any time?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Smiling Knight posted:

What element are you finding confusing? In terms of major plot stuff that occurs, I think this covers it:

The Drifter Clowns are actually ex-military run by Ben. Since the war, they’ve been avoiding scrutiny with the goofy clown act. At the start of the DLC, they’re hunting for the artist Ramjist, aka Bianca’s cousin. However, during the DLC Ben is contacted by an agent of Edward LeBlanc (de facto ruler of the city and major plot string puller) to deal with Carter and the Spoonists, whose march towards Heixing’s prison is a major security threat. The DLC ends with Ben returning the Clowns to their paramilitary origins, gearing up with forbidden war-era tech and ditching the goofy getups, in preparation for dealing with the Spoonists.

I am still kinda confused about Ramjist's deal. What's with all the predicting the future stuff? This game really needs a codex!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is actually some lore in the help menu, its easy to miss and the game should do a better job highlighting it. Could use stuff more in it though.

e: Its funny reading the stuff in that menu. Like it doesn't take much to realize the setting is low key dark playing the game normally, but seeing the actual scale of it can be "!", lol

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 7, 2023

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

I am still kinda confused about Ramjist's deal. What's with all the predicting the future stuff? This game really needs a codex!

I’m not 100% sure on Ramjist’s deal, I think he might be privy to government/his grandpa’s secrets, which he then depicts as ‘prophetic’ paintings. I think all the paintings that have been proven “true” involve either what we the player know to be government l/Le Blanc plots (The Incident 10 years ago, Spoonist terror campaign) or his immediate family, which we can say he can predict. I could be forgetting something though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

He made paintings of crowd scenes including every random person who happened to be present at some arbitrary moment. I'm pretty sure the idea is that he can actually make predictions.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I think the predictions are real. It doesn't preclude Ramjist from being someone who formerly work with the conspiracy though. But yeah the city's game to me feels like people twisting the predictions in their favor, i.e. the spoonist movement would have happen in a different from, but now it is a false flag they control.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 8, 2023

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Smiling Knight posted:

All of that I got

The main thing was, what the gently caress happened to Hanson? He was setup the entire time as a vaguely likable mook who cared about his crew, and wanted the best for them, with underlings who loving despised him, and a set of peers who tolerate him at best.

Then, when he finally lets down Ben for the last time in the final mission, he's given an amount of money that's staggering - literal amounts of money that you'd use for the budget of any of the nation states involved, and Ben just fucks off and leaves him to be killed by the one dude he liked and wanted to be his friend.

It's just so out of left field and aggravating.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tithin posted:

All of that I got

The main thing was, what the gently caress happened to Hanson? He was setup the entire time as a vaguely likable mook who cared about his crew, and wanted the best for them, with underlings who loving despised him, and a set of peers who tolerate him at best.

Then, when he finally lets down Ben for the last time in the final mission, he's given an amount of money that's staggering - literal amounts of money that you'd use for the budget of any of the nation states involved, and Ben just fucks off and leaves him to be killed by the one dude he liked and wanted to be his friend.

It's just so out of left field and aggravating.

Ben is a sociopath. Its all a test based around his twisted idea of loyalty among soldiers. Hanson should be killed for betraying the unit and retiring to attempt to live a normal life. But he should also be rewarded for the loyalty he showed before that with a juicy paycheck. Sanson's loyalty to the unit is tested by having him kill his bf. Hanson beats all of this because he is actually loyal to his boyfriend. Sanson sucks because its the money that gets him to change his mind, not loyalty, highlighting that at the end of the day all of this is bullshit.

e: also important to note the retirement fund money is all stuff Sanson was planning to steal so Ben is also putting him in that position as a punishment.

ee: i say this a lot but i really do want him to be playable character in troubleshooter 2. like ultimately witch and the white lion is a happy ending for him and having him get caught up in fighting again kinda goes against where he ended up, but he is hands down my favorite dude character in the game. sorry to the guy party members...

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 8, 2023

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I had a lot of empathy for Hanson, so that ending, was kind of poo poo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, you're supposed to have empathy for him, if you didn't then it wouldn't work even slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And I don't think its really a bad ending for him? Bittersweet sure, but all in all its a win for him even without the money. It's pretty reaffirming of what makes his character seem like a decent person.