Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Wait... Are Rand and Elayne siblings?

I doubt the Daughter Heir of Andor's providence as the daughter of the queen is much in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

As far as the show has shown, Elayne is known as Daughter-Heir of Andor, while Rand was born to an Aiel woman.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 24, 2023

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
It's amusing that they kept red hair = Aiel in the show, where if you're Black you are from Two Rivers, or Cairhien, or Tar Valon, or Shienar, or

The racial makeup of Randland is extremely melting pot but if you have red hair you MUST be from the nomadic desert people!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The racial makeup of Randland is extremely melting pot but if you have red hair you MUST be from the nomadic desert people!

Just goes to show that no one likes a ginger.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Tim Minchin is fuming about Wheel of Time right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

The story's not THAT Arthurian :v:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

CainFortea posted:

Some would argue that the Aiel are soulless.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

nine-gear crow posted:

I actually kinda like the running gag of literally everyone instantly pegging who and what Rand is despite shaving his head. It helps reinforce that he's a dumbass and can't fight his fate because it's literally in him on a genetic scale, so rip

lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Like he didn't even try to smear any black dye or something on the stubble, just straight up "No one will recognize me because I'm bald. You're a genius, Rand al'Thor!". Meanwhile everyone's like "Hey look at this weird bald Aiel guy! What's up with that?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nine-gear crow posted:

I actually kinda like the running gag of literally everyone instantly pegging ... Rand...

Same.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
If Rand were smart, the Wheel of Time would be a trilogy.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Morrow posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Morrow posted:

TV IV > WoT season 2 (NO SPOILERS!) - If Rand were smart, the Wheel of Time would be a trilogy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I will copy that into a text document and open it again in 2 years when I make a season 3 thread

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished season 2 and IMO it was a dramatic step up from season 1. I thought season 1 was pretty mid all in all but season 2 has redeemed the series.

Two main takeaways for me.

1. I’d follow Lanfear into hell if she asked.

2. gently caress this show for killing a good dog. That was sad.

Good poo poo and I can’t wait for season 3.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Next season Perrin will have an even tinier wolf that he carries around in a messenger bag

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The dog was the only reason I cared about Perrin

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Perrin I feel like is the weakest part of the show. Whenever he’s on screen I wish he wasn’t.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just replace him 100% with Lanfear.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Perrin would make a great background goon forsaken. Just make him a channeler, who cares. Lanfear in the main party now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

withak posted:

Just replace him 100% with Lanfear.

I would watch a show with just her

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Lanfear's Runway Looks

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Lanfear is an actual good actor, unlike the main cast of youths

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Lanfear is an actual good actor, unlike the main cast of youths
Egwene's, Elayne's, and Mat's actors have all done outstanding stuff the entire season. Nynaeve's actor was also excellent though she did have a bit little to work with in the very last episode.

Rand's and Perrin's actors both have had less stuff to work with, but what they have done with the stuff they were given has been quite good as well.

I hope they nominate episode 6 and Egwene's actor in that episode for an Emmy.

Also they better get an Emmy for the costuming.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1717041669332197710?s=20

Positive viewership results, fwiw

Burns
May 10, 2008

Id say one weakness is that the show has failed to really establish just how powerful of a channeller Rand is, even in an untrained state.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Burns posted:

Id say one weakness is that the show has failed to really establish just how powerful of a channeller Rand is, even in an untrained state.

Well Logain said he burned real bright or whatever.

Egwene gets all the "show don't tell" channeling power scenes though.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Well Logain said he burned real bright or whatever.

Egwene gets all the "show don't tell" channeling power scenes though.

I don't know, just straight merking Turak and his entire honor guard while barely breaking stride shows a fair bit of power and control.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Devorum posted:

I don't know, just straight merking Turak and his entire honor guard while barely breaking stride shows a fair bit of power and control.

That part was legit awesome.

Still don’t like the way dude plays Rand but :shrug:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Devorum posted:

Yeah between Logain saying something along the lines of "with that much power you don't need training" and him just doing an Indiana Jones on Turok and his crew... They're trying.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Seeing how Siuan alone was able to easily shield him I'm going to say Logain was wrong that he doesn't need training.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah I won't get into book vs show stuff but the show has established that one Aes Sedai is able to throw a shield and maintain it on the most powerful channeller in history, WHILE he's embracing the Source. Obviously he's untrained, and hopefully in time this is something he could just laugh off. But man does it make him look pathetic vs. the Legend of The Dragon Reborn. In a setting with such a well fleshed-out magic system with established rules, the various ways the Power is displayed matter to establishing the guidelines.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If I was Rand I’d just go on adventures with Lanfear because she’s cool AF.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only of Lanfear wears her dream outfit.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
She can wear whatever she wants.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, there has not been a Lanfear outfit miss yes. Maybe the white sleevless shirt and black pants purely because it looked so boring compared to everything else, but she still rocked it.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Sometimes you just want to wear something more casual it’s fine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Flowing Thot posted:

Sometimes you just want to wear something more casual it’s fine.

Yea, that was probably a Friday. Business Casual in the office.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

MarcusSA posted:

If I was Rand I’d just go on adventures with Lanfear because she’s cool AF.

The most unrealistic part of the show is that Lews dumped her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

theblackw0lf posted:

The most unrealistic part of the show is that Lews dumped her.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen who he dumped her for.