Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skeesix posted:

Also why would two random guards know Lysa's entire family tree? Just because someone claims to be a stark is no reason to think they're one of catelyn's kids. Also claiming to be a stark is probably a pretty common sob story in that part of the seven kingdoms at that point. They've probably heard something like that before as part of a con.

She is also traveling with the Hound who was allied with the Lannisters at one point, and why would a Stark be with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She also just laughed at the fact that Lysa died.

The guards wouldn't have believed her enough to press the issue, there was no more profit in it for the Hound to do so, and Arya herself doesn't seem to care about much of anything any more.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Skeesix posted:

Also why would two random guards know Lysa's entire family tree? Just because someone claims to be a stark is no reason to think they're one of catelyn's kids. Also claiming to be a stark is probably a pretty common sob story in that part of the seven kingdoms at that point. They've probably heard something like that before as part of a con.

The Hound announced her as niece of Lysa. It was clearly an oversight. There is no way those guards don't look into it at least a little bit. You don't let someone with a bounty on their head, or someone close to their lord's family walk.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Skeesix posted:

I don't disagree, but to claim that people don't know the names of Lyssa's INCREDIBLY FAMOUS FAMILY WHO WERE BUTCHERED is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think?

They all knew Ned Stark. It would be inconceivable to not know that the Lady of their kingdom had a sister who married the Lord of the North. Then after the fiasco of Ned being beheaded and Robb Stark's rebellion, it doesn't seem much of a stretch to at least look into who this "Arya Stark" is and if there's any legitimacy.

Not to mention, the Hound is not exactly an unknown figure. People talk about the Hound and the Mountain enough that you would have to assume word travels.

That said, the Sansa connection would not be the culprit. Simply being alive during this time (and to be guard means you ARE part of a house. They don't just hire lowborns for that poo poo) would compel one to at least recognize "Stark" and not just say "She died, so sorry, c u l8r"

So, yeah, I consider that a bit of a hole. If there were a deleted scene in which after Arya stops laughing they tell her to meet with the current Lord, Arya and the Hound just said "gently caress that, bye" then sure. I'd believe that. It would be in their characters to do so. I wish they'd just have shown that scene because after that laughing scene, seeing them just continuing on "some journey" seems odd.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basically if Littlefinger figures out that someone claiming to be a Stark was at the gate and was allowed to wander away, on their heads be it. Followed by an exhaustive search to find them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did somebody already post the filming location of Dorne and I missed it?

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 1, 2014

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Where are you guys getting these filming details? Why are they filming for Dorne? Oberyns family must be plotting revenge..oh the speculation!

We need a hiatus thread :ohdear:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

No More Heroes posted:

Thursday is coming.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Man, Hound and Arya was good but I really like Tywin and Arya the best.

e: drat, come to think of it most of the best interactions of this show involve Arya post season 1.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 2, 2014

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So I'm very late to the party, but I've got this to say about The Hound.

I think it's natural for us The Viewer to want to see some sort of redemption for him. He's not a nice man, nor an honourable one, and in fact he's singularly unpleasant, however none of this is out of malicious glee at harming the innocent - he's simply a product of his upbringing. And in the end I think he did have some genuine feelings of protectiveness and even alturism towards Arya: I think that part of his character is that he understands what it's like to be a child at the mercy of people more powerful than you, and that is what drove him to protect Arya even as far back as just after her father was executed, and what drove him to at least offer some comfort to Sansa. Seeing Arya kill him, only for it to be a mercy and not just a striking of his name off the list, would have been a fitting end for him, and would have summed up the odd nature of their relationship perfectly.

HOWEVER

At the end of the day The Hound didn't want redemption. He didn't want forgiveness for his actions. He just wanted the pain to stop. And when trying to goad Arya into killing him, he falls back on his more horrible side and brings up all of the things he's done that she hates in order to enrage her, simply because that's the only kind of motivation that he understands. Would he have had more success by saying "You may hate me but I saved your sister and I saved you; if I deserve to die I at least deserve it to be clean"? It doesn't matter. Because it's not in The Hound's nature to do that. He died as he lived: tragically, brutally, and he wasn't 'saved' because as much as we might want that, he didn't.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Stop writing him off there totally could have been a Maester behind that rock like pooping or something.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

SirDan3k posted:

Stop writing him off there totally could have been a Maester behind that rock like pooping or something.

Yeah, Syrio beat Meryn Trant then popped off to get his Maester's chain. He was returning to Braavos when he heard this gigantic man shouting in agony and totally healed him. They'll wander around helping the people of Westeros in the first GoT spinoff, Not Dead Yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Look if anyone in Westeros is capable of building a teleporter it's Qyburn so the Hound is fine guys

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

Yeah, Syrio beat Meryn Trant then popped off to get his Maester's chain. He was returning to Braavos when he heard this gigantic man shouting in agony and totally healed him. They'll wander around helping the people of Westeros in the first GoT spinoff, Not Dead Yet.

Is Benjen with them as well ? :unsmith:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Savage Cracker posted:

They stumble across his corpse, which has "Benjen Stark's Corpse" tattooed all over it, a diary which consists of nothing more than "I, Benjen Stark, am dying horribly" repeated for dozens of pages, and Jon Snow guest stars to verify that it's him. Viewers still refuse to believe he's dead.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

SirDan3k posted:

He overcomes his fear of fire, crawls around for some kindling, starts a fire, cauterizes his wounds, sees visions in the fire, travels to the Wall, and becomes the sarcastic bodyguard of Melisandre. There, he enjoys pissing off the top of the Wall, drinking with new best friend Alisser Thorne, and kicking wights in the balls whenever they attack Castle Black.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Pretty sure Benjen is one of the Night Kings circle of 12 by now.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

As silly as this notion is, I enjoyed how the episode started with the Mountain in a terrible, beat up condition, and ends with The Hound in essentially the same condition a thousand miles away.

I don't know whether either of them will ever make it back into the show, but I think it might be both or neither.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Look if anyone in Westeros is capable of building a teleporter it's Qyburn so the Hound is fine guys

Having one zombie-Clegane is terrifying enough, now imagine two of them.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

Having one zombie-Clegane is terrifying enough, now imagine two of them.

No chicken would ever be safe :ohdear:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

SirDan3k posted:

If Mountain can survive being impaled by a beautiful man then the Hound can survive getting beat up by a girl. Also theres those dudes who travel around the north resuscitating dudes and the Vale is pretty North-ish

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

If Mountain can survive being impaled by a beautiful man then the Hound can survive getting beat up by a girl. Also theres those dudes who travel around the north resuscitating dudes and the Vale is pretty North-ish

it is darkly chiastic. one stabbed by beautiful dude, another bludgeoned by an ugly woman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Hey isn't that Sandor Clegane, the notoriously brutal and unfeeling murderer?"
"Yep, let's use our powers to bring him back to life!"
"I can't see any problem with this plan!"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Fine. He's not dead, they just brought him out to the farm where he can live a happy life and chase chickens. :3:

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Stonefish posted:

Sansa and Arya. Arya and Robb. Bran and Jon (twice). Stark siblings keep getting close and getting dragged away. It's getting really loving old.

At this rate, I fully expect Arya to get to Braavos and find Syrio Forel just as he bleeds out and dies without so much as a glance.

Yeah but think ahead to what would happen after they actually meet up. The break-up of the Stark family is core to all of their story-lines, if they actually get back together then what next? Almost all of the logical conclusions from that are pretty boring.

The fates (GURM) are conspiring against them re-uniting because they have story-lines to tell.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Breetai posted:

Fine. He's not dead, they just brought him out to the farm where he can live a happy life and chase chickens. :3:

Hound chokes to death on chicken bone.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Breetai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLh4PC9uC38

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

No More Heroes posted:

Where are you guys getting these filming details? Why are they filming for Dorne? Oberyns family must be plotting revenge..oh the speculation!

WinterIsComing.net is pretty good with casting/filming info and always hide any spoilers behind breaks. In addition to Spain, rumor has it they're scouting locations in Israel, also possibly for Dorne.

As for the hiatus thread, if anyone wants to post one, go right ahead, and I'll close this one. In retrospect I should've given this thread a big rear end poll to create an incentive for people to want a new one. :c00lbutt:

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Those dudes tried to kill him, so that would be a hard sell.

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Yeah but think ahead to what would happen after they actually meet up. The break-up of the Stark family is core to all of their story-lines, if they actually get back together then what next? Almost all of the logical conclusions from that are pretty boring.

The fates (GURM) are conspiring against them re-uniting because they have story-lines to tell.

I wonder if GRRM even knows how the gently caress he's gonna bring everyone back together. Tyrion has a reasonable way back: the coattails of an eastern conqueror, be it Dany or the horseydudes or who knows? But how does Arya come back? Or Bran? How do either of them in any way relate with their comparatively sane and normal siblings?

I'm stoked for when Stannis takes the Iron Throne late next season because it will mean he is gonna die. gently caress those fire worshippers. Davos please live

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Knight of the Gate immediately believes what the Hound says about Arya. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered offering his condolences, he'd have just said "don't believe you, gently caress off". If the scene were at all rational he would have instantly taken custody of her even before she started laughing.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Noble children are valuable as gently caress.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

I'm just now doing a rewatch but I'm only three episodes in. For that last spoiler, which episode we looking at?

Just finished watching episode 5 and I'm still didn't catch it.

e: I do know that castles are special though.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 3, 2014

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I don't think there's any mention of Shadow Baby limitations on the show other than Stannis not being strong enough to make another one, hence the Gendry leech scene.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

I don't think there's any mention of Shadow Baby limitations on the show other than Stannis not being strong enough to make another one, hence the Gendry leech scene.

I dont understand why she didnt just bone Gendry then but instead put leeches on his dick. The show has never been shy about gratuitous sex and she did bang Stannis right?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

They stumble across his corpse, which has "Benjen Stark's Corpse" tattooed all over it, a diary which consists of nothing more than "I, Benjen Stark, am dying horribly" repeated for dozens of pages, and Jon Snow guest stars to verify that it's him. Viewers still refuse to believe he's dead.

What was it that he went out to do in season one? I don't remember anything ever happening to him, implying his death or otherwise.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mescal posted:

What was it that he went out to do in season one? I don't remember anything ever happening to him, implying his death or otherwise.

He went out on a standard ranging which is reconnaissance I guess. His horse returned to Castle Black without him, then two dudes who also had went with him were found dead and brought back to Castle Black. One of the dudes re-animated and was the one that attacked Mormont in his chambers.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

No More Heroes posted:

I dont understand why she didnt just bone Gendry then but instead put leeches on his dick. The show has never been shy about gratuitous sex and she did bang Stannis right?

She was doing different magics / it would have made Stannis jealous

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I kinda think there's a chance the hound will live. I'm sure the men of the eyrie patrol the area and if they found the Hound they would probably take him to the moon door for his execution instead of just stabbing him, especially since he's somewhat famous and I think they would enjoy seeing him fly. Sansa has some sympathy for the Hound so I could see her putting a stop to it and would get some Maesters to fix him up. The Hound himself probably wouldn't mind being Sansa's personal guard.

but.. then there's Little Finger. I'm not sure how the Hound feels about him but he's probably aware that he betrayed Ned.

.... OK look I'm holding out for the Hound until I see ravens going at his eyes.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 3, 2014

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I kinda think there's a chance the hound will live. I'm sure the men of the eyrie patrol the area and if they found the Hound they would probably take him to the moon door for his execution instead of just stabbing him, especially since he's somewhat famous and I think they would enjoy seeing him fly. Sansa has some sympathy for the Hound so I could see her putting a stop to it and would get some Maesters to fix him up. The Hound himself probably wouldn't mind being Sansa's personal guard.

but.. then there's Little Finger. I'm not sure how the Hound feels about him but he's probably aware that he betrayed Ned.

.... OK look I'm holding out for the Hound until I see ravens going at his eyes.

I like it. Dark Sansa (being a Stark) needs another wolf. Might as well be the Hound. :)

To paraphrase her husband:

Dark Sansa: Hound, if my "uncle" opens his mouth again, kill him.

Joachim1167 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
If the Hound does live, why can't it be Brianne (whatever) who rescues him? Aren't she and Podrick searching the area at the moment? She's got no reason to harm the Hound and now that Arya's peaced out he might be the only one who knows where she's going. We only have his word for it he's dead; maybe he's at the point where cauterizing fire would be the only thing they'd possibly know of that can help him, and he'd die first? Presumably Brianne wouldn't take any of that bullshit.

• Locked thread