Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

sorta related but also not but whenever i hear stories of some father killing his kid because they thought they were an intruder i'm like are these people such scared weirdos that they don't stop and think hmmm this sound late at night has a 99.9999 percent chance of being a member of my family sneaking back in.

they often fantasize about blowing some home invader away so nah bias is a hell of a thing and they're going "finally" as they cock the gun they keep under the bed

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
police shoot more than twice as many americans as previously understood

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Whats the backstory behind this?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm so disappointed he didn't say "HA! I DIDNT SAY SIMON SAYS" before shooting the guy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad calling them pigs

Pigs don't deserve that they are cute smart and in a pinch very delicious they are awesome actually.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Moridin920 posted:

I feel bad calling them pigs

Pigs don't deserve that they are cute smart and in a pinch very delicious they are awesome actually.

When we're eating the rich as civilisation falls we can toss the bad cops onto the pyre if you want.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't think anyone's brought up that the cops just murder pets all the time too. a dog will run up to them and they'll just put one between the eyes. you're a grown rear end man you can take a bite or two if it even came to that.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Streak posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Police Brutality Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Put Your Hands Up And Crawl Towards Them Like Nigga Just Do What They Say Haha

Concur. I love that aside from his music, that tweet is gonna be part of Tyler’s legacy.

Also, love that video of the dickhead officer being lovely. Hmm, if only there were warning signs.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't think anyone's brought up that the cops just murder pets all the time too. a dog will run up to them and they'll just put one between the eyes. you're a grown rear end man you can take a bite or two if it even came to that.

I'm pretty sure one officer even made someone cut their own dogs head off, or at least try to.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RobotDogPolice posted:

I'm pretty sure one officer even made someone cut their own dogs head off, or at least try to.

lol jesus christ it's true

https://www.snopes.com/georgia-police-dog-head/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lmfao what the fuckm

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lemming posted:

Lmfao what the fuckm

yeah when I saw the Snopes link pop up I'm like, thank god this is made up, surely the pigs wouldn't make someone behead their own dog

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hahahahaha god drat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i love that in this world not only am i completely unfazed by that link i also manage to think someone will defend this

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
was it a pitbull

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hellsau posted:

yeah when I saw the Snopes link pop up I'm like, thank god this is made up, surely the pigs wouldn't make someone behead their own dog

Georgia. Surprise!

I'm willing to put my entire next paycheck on 'The cop made him do it as a power play, above and beyond any other considerations'.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Great comments as to be expected. The same people who say 'we didn't see the whole video, the cops did nothing wrong' are usually the same ones to say 'these people got what they deserved'.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Outrail posted:

Whats the backstory behind this?
his daddy beat him

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
yak yak yak, whine whine whine. why do bystanders think they gotta talk and carry on when a cop starts thumping someone? find me one case of a civilian talking a cop down

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Gazpacho posted:

yak yak yak, whine whine whine. why do bystanders think they gotta talk and carry on when a cop starts thumping someone? find me one case of a civilian talking a cop down

there was a thing in South America or something, some place with even more corrupt cops, where a couple of cops started beating up a fan who ran onto the field, and like a hundred dudes from the stands jumped in and beat the poo poo out of the cops. it was great.

that won't ever happen in america. in many ways, america really deserves these bad cops.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zo posted:

there was a thing in South America or something, some place with even more corrupt cops, where a couple of cops started beating up a fan who ran onto the field, and like a hundred dudes from the stands jumped in and beat the poo poo out of the cops. it was great.

that won't ever happen in america. in many ways, america really deserves these bad cops.

It's South America, they weren't mad at the cops for acting like Americans, they were pissed that the cops were ruining their football game.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Gazpacho posted:

It's probably for the best to remind them that there's witnesses.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Holy poo poo just roll out ED209, at least it isn't programmed with dog-dismemberment.exe

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo USA your country is totally hosed up.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

holy poo poo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What the loving hell

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Lime Tonics posted:

Dallas police chief says millennials partly to blame for officer shortage

Both the Dallas Police Department and Dallas Fire-Rescue are struggling to find people who want to protect and serve. Both chiefs told city council members that the millennial generation is partly to blame.

"We have nights, weekends and holidays — not attractive to millennials who want all days off and to be the chief in six months,” Chief Hall said. “We recognize that is a challenge."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-police-chief-says-millennials-partly-to-blame-for-officer-shortage

uhh...yeah. That is why people do not want to be police.

I hate working nights, weekends, and holidays, which is why I work at two restaurants

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Lump posted:

Holy poo poo USA your country is totally hosed up.

As a non-Uhmerican I agree. The USA is pretty hosed up and I don't see it getting any better.

Interesting to see an empire crumble from decay within.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

lmfao that’s a big boy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hahahahahaha

What a pussy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I love the dude who keeps calling the cop a pussy. He's probably just thinking gently caress it I'm on the floor and I'm in pain might as well get something in.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

this piece of poo poo cop fyi was dual wielding his dumb ar-15 from home and his service pistol at the same time

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

in boise, the squadcars don't have 'protect and serve' written on them, it's "protect, serve, and lead"

how 'bout that?

vvv: guess it works either way

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 16, 2017

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
That's lead, like the metal right?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DancingShade posted:

As a non-Uhmerican I agree. The USA is pretty hosed up and I don't see it getting any better.

Interesting to see an empire crumble from decay within.

Yeah, thanks to people like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
We should have never made those two dual monarchs of America.

A real bone headed move that!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

DogonCrook posted:

Its funny they forgot to mention they halted all pension payments one week before christmas becuase the fund was entirely empty after multiple administrators embezzeled it all.

Or how about the time 2 years ago the chief lost her mind and was found a week or two later in a houston mental ward where she refused to step down.

Or the one before her that went missing for a month until he was hit by a car downtown and fled the scene and went missing again and found shot dead in a ditch a couple weeks later of "apparent suicide" supposedly mourning his daughter that was killed 7 years prior.

I think the problem might actually be dallas but im no expert on these things.

This sounds like a list of Patricians from Ankh-Morpork.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

RobotDogPolice posted:

There are good ones, but they end up dead or get fired, leaving the trash.

More often the good ones quit out of shame. An ex of mine was a cop in Richmond Va, and every one of the people she worked with that could be described as decent human beings, her included, ended up quitting either because they were bullied out when they didn't want to participate in shady poo poo or because they were ashamed to be associated with the kind of people that Richmond city liked to hire on. It pisses me off every time I hear "Oh there's a few bad apples, but most cops are noble heroes". No buddy, if it was a few "bad apples" they would be the ones getting weeded out by the good ones, instead of the other way around.

Richmond is a big college town and it may be different now, but a few years back it was common for apartment complexes that attracted students to keep an open apartment for cops to use rent free. The reasoning was that things would stay under control if a cop was around. So some cops would have one or even several apartments to either live in, or keep as a man cave away from home to hang out and play poker in with their cop buddies and get away from their wives. Of course some also would use them a free housing for the girlfriends they were also keeping from their wives. One guy in particular had access to seven or eight of the gifted apartments. In one he was keeping his sixteen year old niece that he was loving, and in the other apartments he'd rotate through teen runaways as young as twelve that he'd pick up patrolling. It was an open secret in that department for years (and presumably he was hooking up his cop buddies from time to time) until a police department in a neighboring county got sick of hearing complaints and ended up busting him too badly for his own department to keep covering for him. He ended up doing time, but it was also pretty conspicuous how little coverage it got in the local papers.

Then there was the cop that killed my friend Tom. Tom had started dating that cops ex-wife, and the officer had developed a history of parking in front of his and her houses, following them around, and generally harassing them from a distance. One evening Tom was on his way home from his fathers funeral. He was one of the last to the wake and fourteen of his family members were waiting on or around his front porch. That same cop had fallen in and followed him into his own driveway, and then hit the lights. Tom stopped maybe fifteen yards from the house. The cop approached with gun drawn, ordered him out of the car and cuffed his hands behind his back. Tom kept asking why he was doing this and the cop was just barking orders and not responding to Tom questions, or the fourteen goddamn family members who were asking what was going on as well. The cop walked Tom to a muddy culvert maybe thirty feet from the car, and ordered him to get on his knees. Tom said "I'll get on my knees by the car, but I'm not kneeling in mud in my suit at my dads funeral because you don't like me dating your ex". Then in front of his family the officer shot Tom once in the back, and then six more times in the back after he hit the ground. When the EMT's and tons of other cops had arrived, four or five of the witnesses (At that point including a couple of neighbors that were barely casual acquaintances) later testified that a superior told the shooter to "Go home, take a shower, and make sure you wash that uniform". After a six week paid leave he was back on duty, the internal investigation eventually cleared him, and the good old boy net work eventually blew off the civil suit. It wouldn't sell as a goddamn movie script because it's so absurd.

Goddamn. I didn't mean to go on like that, but it's something I don't much talk about, and I get kinda caught up in the moment up when I do. And hell, that's not even scratching the surface of all the other bullshit garbage my ex used to cry on my shoulder about. I mean yeah, anecdotal evidence blah-blah-blah, but maintaining a healthy fear and hatred of cops is just a basic survival skill. I can't even imagine having to deal with those fuckers if I wasn't white.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Frankenstyle posted:

A horror story

:stonk:

Holy poo poo man... that is absolutely horrible.

• Locked thread