Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am beyond frustrated with this game.

I mean not in a real-life frustrated way, just in an people keep swapping over to terrible deadline choices instead of the people that they were on for most of the day that were probably scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It seems that I can trust nobody here.
But somebody is scum, that much is clear.

##vote Plastic

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bet they'll ignore my posts after I'm dead while I scream "MURDER TOBBBSSSSSSS" into the void, too.

##vote: Tobbs

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I respect this old school vote syntax, but it doesn't make me feel all that much better about you!

I think it is weird to vote the person you think could not have done the kill

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Insandenza posted:

I respect this old school vote syntax, but it doesn't make me feel all that much better about you!

I think it is weird to vote the person you think could not have done the kill

Consistent at least since he voted Maerlyn after claiming to roleblock her N1.

My only consolation this game is that Yami is hopefully enjoying a big 'ole slice of humble pie now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

Big scum energy from this check in post that doesn't attempt to advance the game state at all.

In reference to Maerlyn. Never comes back to it or considers her.

Somberbrero posted:

plastic feels inevitable as roleblocker but i'm going to wait to see if there are any more earth-shattering revelations.

Somberbrero posted:

You're not wrong to call me out for being passive. I don't think Plastic is scum but I don't feel like I have the power to shift the vote to Meen.

If we left Plastic alive, scum would be compelled to kill a Town Roleblocker as they risk losing a lot by having a kill blocked, especially with a doctor gone. The play *I* might make as scum though is just to risk it or withhold to create uncertainty, so I feel like this will keep coming up again and again. I hope that clarifies my comment.

Here's his thoughts on Plastic. Will be interesting to see how he's feeling today but Somber is my third scum pick.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Need to re-read Taste again but he would be my alternate scum pick if Somber is town.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Just because you couldn't do the kill last night does not mean you're town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Just because you couldn't do the kill last night does not mean you're town.

You roleblocked the only claimed protective role who has also fullclaimed. Even if you actually were town and thought I was scum, why? I've fullclaimed, my actions and results are going in the thread. In a hypothetical world where I'm scum, I'm the only member of the scum team who can't be sent to do the kill, because then I'd have to lie about my action and would almost certainly get caught with all the actions flying around.

I 100% am sure you're scum, so this isn't even an OMGUS. You made absolutely sure that the night kill wouldn't be stopped by your ability. Block literally any other player in the game and you may have stopped the kill. Instead you blocked me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote plastic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Plastic why would you block tobbs?

##vote plastic

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

##vote Plastic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:eyepop:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

PlasticAutomaton (5): Tobbs Gnawed, CirclMastr, t a s t e, hambeet, Maerlyn
Tobbs Gnawed (1): PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (3): Hal Insandenza, Nep-Nep, Somberbrero

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 26th, 2022 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

please dont forget about your postcount.... i might.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Sometimes witch hunts can really be that easy. The village sheriff lost the prisoners? He did it. Unfortunately for Enid his neighbour's patience had run dry, he was mobbed and strung up in the town square.

Fear begat exhaustion, and many of the townsfolk went to be with their loved ones after searching Enid’s residence didn’t return any sign of occult tools for instigating crisis.

Plastic, Enid, Village-Aligned Role-Blocker was executed Day 3. Choose one player each night, you will attempt to role block them. You are empathetic to other villagers, and are willing to work together with others in the village to enhance your authority. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The final night begins.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

When the new moon rose that night it hung right above the village, an empty space in the sky yearning to be filled. Many more sacrifices were made that night to the moon. The sonorous cry it emitted became too much to sleep through and in the chaos many came outside to watch it. One by one, people and dust were plucked from the earth itself as they fell into the sky. Those who stayed inside got to witness it for some time. Until the bricks and lamps, even logs and boulder, fell with them. Into the new moon.

As promised the four were returned to their own world. They woke up in an empty field by dawn, on the empty outskirts of their beloved village. They had returned home to untainted air, free to attempt to forget the horrors they had committed. Able to greet Oddette again, apologize to Blythe for the trouble she never knew, and cry over drinks with Zelda.

The Changelings have won the game!

Hal, Everild, Village-Aligned Redirector was Consumed Night 4. Choose one player each night, you will attempt push all non-killing actions targeting you away and onto that person. You’ve never wanted to take front stage, and have always been shy. With the right encouragement you know you can stand out, bright as lightning. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Tobbs, Wade, Village-Aligned Clown was Consumed Night 4. Choose one player each night, foils one random action taken against your target. You know you are capable of so much more in aiding your fight against the mysterious forces that plague your village, if only someone was on your side. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Somber, Grace, Village-Aligned Logger and Lamp-Lighter was Consumed Night 4. Choose one other player each night who you haven’t attempted to visit earlier in the game, you will attempt to deliver a cord of wood and light up their neighbourhood lamps. You are a compulsive fire-bug, and with someone’s help you know you can be charismatic and charming. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Circl, Lynwood, Village-Aligned Mason Even-Night Tracker was Consumed Night 4. Every even numbered night you must select a player to track. You will attempt to follow them and learn of who the visited that night. Your Mason partner is Harriet. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Hambeet, Waverly, Changeling-Aligned Empowerer returned to the village Day 5. Each night you may attempt to visit a player, that player’s action will not fail. If you empower the changeling factional killer, that kill will also go through protection. It’s easy for you to go with the flow, when you are encouraged by a member of the village, you will distribute a shot of bullet-proof to a teammate. You win the changelings control the vote.

Maerlyn, Harriet, Changeling-Aligned Odd-Watcher (Rolecop) Mason returned to the village Day 5. You may choose one player each night, You will attempt to see whoever visits your target, or you will attempt to learn their role. You know your Mason partner is Lynwood, an Even night role. (They only have your name.) You win when the changelings control the vote.

Nep-Nep, Hugh, Changeling-Aligned Godfather, Avenger, and Messenger returned to the village Day 5. You will not appear as dangerous to the Villagers. Each night you may attempt send a twitter sized message to a villager for free, in addition to any other actions. Depending on how the game goes for changelings, I will award up to 2 free kills to you in a blatant act of favouritism. You win when the changelings control the vote.

Taste, Dunstand, Changeling-Aligned Busdriver returned to the village Day 5. You may attempt to target 2 players every night, swapping other players who targeted one for the other and vice versa. You win the changelings control the vote.

Thanks for playing. I know it doesn’t feel that way right now, but I feel like this setup could have gone against scum fairly hard if they were unlucky. I said it was not very well balanced and the game certainly has lived up to that comment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks for the game!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
GOOD JOB SCUMS ARGHHHH

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Changeling flavour:

Trapped in this strange world with a village exactly like yours, but twisted, you all feel there is nothing to do but carry out the strange ritual that the voice gave you. Carrying out a new life here where your skin itches and flakes, replacing your counter-parts fully, isn’t an option. You all suspect you won’t last the month in this fetid air and harsh sun.

Some things that will probably need elaboration:

Instigator made players take new alternative actions.

Plastic would jail instead of RB.
Meen would become lovers instead of just giving loved.
Binus would poison the target instead of giving them hated.
Tobbs would become a lightning rod.
Sandwolf would have entered the thunderdome against one of his targets.
Hambeet would have given a teammate a stack of BP.

I was probably overly cautious of scum getting vigged, considering the chances of the unreliable vigs hitting town.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I thought that Maerlyn was my friend -
At least until Night 2's end,
But sadly that was far too late
For me to alter town's ill fate.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Great work scums, cool game Toal, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Circl your rhymes were rad and I'm sorry I didn't laud them more. Maer you're really good as scum, I'm impressed. Toal that instigator role is awesome, I agree you should run more games.