Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

Anatomy of a Fall

I'm so mad because Google says this was streaming on Peacock but now it's not there anymore. Guess I'm watching Five Nights at Freddy's instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

##vote keats shock it and lock it folks

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i simply don't want to believe it can be salad, so it's keats, and he shot sandwolf because he knew sandwolf would vote him

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i miss u sandy

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

WOw Josh Hutcherson looks really good in this.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i have prosopagnosia so if either of you are josh hutcherson irl don't take offense but i just googled this man and he looks like "we have daniel radcliffe at home" to me

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

i have prosopagnosia so if either of you are josh hutcherson irl don't take offense but i just googled this man and he looks like "we have daniel radcliffe at home" to me

In this movie specifically. My surprise is because I am familiar with how mid he normally looks in roles. (I don't really know how he looks IRL)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You would definitely be convinced his costar is Emily Blunt though if you have that disorder.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i have misidentified several dozen actors as mac from IASIP, so probably lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Okay that aside you are scum. The push against the Toal vote after justifying why more and more gifts should be outed in thread, I don't think actively apologizing for it and acknowledging that the results were bad for town makes you townier. For Day 4 and 5 as well Zoya was always pushing for anywhere but scum. Even to the point of targeting Tammy until realizing she couldn't justify sussing the tracker that caught Toal. She early-hammered in a way that looks bad on Day 4 and then no resistance whatsoever to the Pmuzz stuff going on, in contrast to with Toalpaz. She's like "oh I acknowledge that I've been wrong all game" but that doesn't make it better. Pushing Shwin was clearly the endgame move because I can easily imagine people thinking it'd be a trivial matter to get me voted out and it's a gambit that's going to win them the game if Salad doesn't agree with me... Seeing as if he is scum we've already lost the game, it's down to him. ##Vote Zoya

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Oh yeah if you want my night actions because I guess I never claimed them, it was

N1: I was blocked (we know now by Pmuzz)
N2: Pmuzz
N3: Zoya
N4: Action fail again (trying to target Shwin)
N5: Shwin
N6: I didn't do anything

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

Even to the point of targeting Tammy until realizing she couldn't justify sussing the tracker that caught Toal.
think it should be pretty clear from the tone of my posts around there that i'd genuinely forgotten tammy had caught scum and was basing it on vibes (which i base 90% of my gameplay on)

Johnny Keats posted:

She early-hammered in a way that looks bad on Day 4
to save you from self-immolating in a third game in a row! which was a mistake since you're scum, apparently

i'm not gonna bother writing too much here though, for better or worse salad is kingmaker so it'll be extra funny if he's the scum and you and i are just pointing guns at eachother while he watches a movie, sips a soda, and savors his impending victory

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

My ADHD rear end got motivated for a split second and paused the movie to type that out. Back to finish the Freddy Five Nights

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Oh goddammit

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

well the good news is it probably isn't salad or he'd have just hammered either of us instead of having an "oh goddamnit" moment of realizing he's cursed with the role of kingmaker, which means it's just keats and everybody should listen to sandwolf more often

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
alright i'm writing my letterboxd review of anatomy of a fall and then i'm going to do some detective work here, i am not going to bed without seeing this resolved

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i believe in you chief

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i believe that you'll correctly kill johnathan keatto

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

well the good news is it probably isn't salad or he'd have just hammered either of us instead of having an "oh goddamnit" moment of realizing he's cursed with the role of kingmaker, which means it's just keats and everybody should listen to sandwolf more often

I don't know how we let you live this long honestly.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
https://letterboxd.com/twigav/film/anatomy-of-a-fall/

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

I don't know how we let you live this long honestly.

ooh, ooh, i know how! it's because if you'd killed me you would have been publicly outed in the thread for it by the copper lyre's effect

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

ooh, ooh, i know how! it's because if you'd killed me you would have been publicly outed in the thread for it by the copper lyre's effect

We meaning town, genius

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

We meaning town, genius

you aren't town, though

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

you aren't town, though

How does one respond to this...

I was saying I don't know how we, was a collective town of players, did not vote you out for scumminess earlier in the game

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I'm really sorry if this is wrong Sand!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'm gonna vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
here it is i'm voting

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'm about to vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote Zoya

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Zoya is hammered!

Votecount for Day 7
With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
But that weary traveler too, fell victim to devilish wiles. The hellish spirit departs with a cackle, his mischief triumphant. Fair sweet Ostuna, bereft of lord and court and church, fell into strife, and the manor was silent evermore.

quote:

Sir Ruberto
Town Weak Thief
You are a Weak Thief. On Nights 3 and 4 (and only those nights), if you do not currently have a gift, you may ##Steal (Player) a gift from a player.

You are Town. You win when all threats to Town are dead.

They are buried with

quote:

Copper Lyre
If you are killed as the result of a night action, your killer will be identified during your death flip.

Sir Ruberto, played by Zoya, is executed Day 7.

quote:

Hegetoria the Nymph
Town Blind Tinker
You are a Blind Tinker. At the start of Day 1, you learn the identity of Thiasus the Satyr, but not their role, rules text, or alignment. You start the game with three gifts. You do not know the exact contents of these gifts, only a vague description of the power they contain. During Day 1, you must ##Give (Color) (Player) all of these gifts to other players as Day Actions in thread. Each player can only receive a single gift from any source, and you may not give Thiasus a gift. At the start of Night 1, these players will open their gifts. If Day 1 ends in an early hammer, you must distribute all remaining gifts as quickly as possible before the flip is processed.

You are Town. You win when all threats to Town are dead.

Hegetoria the Nymph, played by Saladscooper, is endgamed. Scum win!

The surviving scum player, Johnny Keats, played

quote:

Sir Spinello // Dolos the Cacodemon
Scum Swapper
You are a Swapper. Each night, you may #Swap two players. Any gift-granted actions targeting either of the selected players instead targets the other. Role actions (those not granted by gifts) are unaffected by this ability.

You are Scum. You may communicate with other Scum at any time via a private channel. Each night, one scum may ##Kill (Player) a target. You win if scum start a day with controlling share of the vote.

Congrats to the scum team!

This setup worked pretty well! I'm largely happy with it, though I did think that the gift distribution would generate a bit more content. On seeing it in play, I would probably turn the current 3p role into a one-use town graverobber, and instead make one of the two gift-givers into a 3p of some kind. I'd also edit the scum thief so that they're not completely shut down by receiving a gift. I was thrilled at Toal's successful gambit to reveal the Lyre-holder; that sort of thing is exactly what I hoped would happen.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

saladscooper posted:

Anatomy of a Fail

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I can't believe what I'm seeing

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

:argh:

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mmm, another game where town loses when I die early. Interesting.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i should have pointed out that me being bamboozled into revealing my item name by toalpaz should have made it obvious i wasn't on her team but i had faith salad would make the right call regardless so i didn't want to waste a lot of time writing up a "so this is why i'm innocent" TED talk post lol

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cube were you also the one who changed it back though??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

Cube were you also the one who changed it back though??

Yeah, under mild protest. Wol made a point about being in another game with you and it being confusing and such. Everyone who needed to see it did so, though. Great success. I was going to change it back after the game anyway.