Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Relatively unknown teams, such as Manchester City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Will be doing some big (huge) lolz if this is real.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

That can't be real.

EDIT: Apparently it is?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fails-city-looking-for-influencers-to-help-promote-atmosphere-at-the-etihad-20191022

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 23, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it legal in the UK to specify sex in an job advert?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

oliwan posted:

Your mam was pretty specific in hers, I believe.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

sticksy posted:

Your mam was pretty specific in hers, I believe.

Got 'em

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

oliwan posted:

If you can prove it’s integral to the role but lol this wouldn’t be.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

If you can prove it’s integral to the role but lol this wouldn’t be.

I mean you would have to be a pretty vapid oval office to take that "job"

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Here's some stunning punditry from Danny Murphy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CPgoMgWSDo

"VAR should be scrapped because players aren't celebrating goals" is a shockingly bad take even by his standards.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/WayneRooney/status/63976434150027265?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Did you dig up an eight-year-old tweet just to post in this thread

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a good tweet

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

It's a good tweet

It is and I lol’d.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Shapoppi?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOz2TSbmmhw

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

It is and I lol’d.

:same:

This place has had many great names over the years but I always kind of wished The Hublot Forum of Friendship stayed longer.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

:same:

This place has had many great names over the years but I always kind of wished The Hublot Forum of Friendship stayed longer.

It’s in our hearts.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Imagine a world where more than one person at a Pats game has ever seen "The Music Man".

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

City have ended the contract with the PR firm who posted this, who are themselves doing an internal audit to figure out how it got approved. Some poor intern is so incredibly fired for this.

So yes, it was real, but apparently City were just as shocked to see it as the rest of us. I thought it was fake at first because of how bad it was, but also because the image used had Nike kits. Turns out "PHD Manchester" got everything all wrong in the most hilarious way.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Probably a United fan doing it for the lolz, and hell, I’m glad.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

pik_d posted:

City have ended the contract with the PR firm who posted this, who are themselves doing an internal audit to figure out how it got approved. Some poor intern is so incredibly fired for this.

So yes, it was real, but apparently City were just as shocked to see it as the rest of us. I thought it was fake at first because of how bad it was, but also because the image used had Nike kits. Turns out "PHD Manchester" got everything all wrong in the most hilarious way.
The use of "influencers" and "genuine story" in the same sentence at the end wraps that whole thing up perfectly.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quote:

What happened on Saturday was very predictable.

Concede first, moan, fume, Silva out. We've not won a game from behind under him and our away record is terrible.

Equalise straight away, oh actually this might be alright. First set piece goal of the season too (in the Prem).

Miss a few sitters, make some subs that are very loving questionable, 'why the fucks he brining DCL on???'. DCL scores, get in there! Maybe I was wrong about Silva, maybe we'll finally win a game from behind!

VAR. gently caress sake. Maybe Pickford will save it? Nah. Take a draw then. 6 minutes added time? Where the gently caress did that come from? Last minute own goal, Everton that.

And on the non football side, it isn't much better.

As promised I walked round to my cousin's house earlier this morning to ask her out. Now I don't want to use the words 'lead on' but they might apply here. I was under the impression we had a connection, we get on well, have a similar sense of humour, and we shagged a few weeks prior. In my mind, the next step would be a form of exclusivity. Turns out we aren't on the same wavelength. And I'll be honest it was pretty loving awkward lads.

TL;DR she told her sister about us (no one else in the family knows) and now it's loving spread around like Spanish influenza.

:yikes:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im loving dying that that’s a predictable saturday for this guy

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ok, this time, seriously, close the thread

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Everton that

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's preferred she's not your cousin when you get in her, but he got in her

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How is the non-football side ANY better when you’re loving your cousin and the family finds out lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hahahahhahaha

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The sister's name?

It's ......Rebekah Vardy

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

You don’t have to be an Everton fan to gently caress your cousin but he hosed his cousin.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ding, dong, Billy Haisley's website is dead. thank god.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Absolutely nothing about that situation is good, pull your head out of your rear end.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Seems all of the sites under the old Gawker umbrella got owned by some private equity ghouls

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Seems all of the sites under the old Gawker umbrella got owned by some private equity ghouls

Sad they won’t continue to post hard hitting and insightful articles like this anymore

https://deadspin.com/can-i-gently caress-to-my-friends-band-1839423282

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Troy Queef posted:

it’s not actually dead iirc but the PE firm who owns them canned the EiC because he wouldn’t exclusively publish sports stories, even though non-sports stuff was often better received.

Sadly, I don’t think any of this will make Billy’s writing and general assault on grammar any better.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Absolutely nothing about that situation is good, pull your head out of your rear end.

The owner of Deadspin had the gall to require his sportswriters to write about sports and they refused.

gently caress those writers and gently caress Deadspin, they were trash at the best of times.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

The owner of Deadspin had the gall to require his sportswriters to write about sports and they refused.

gently caress those writers and gently caress Deadspin, they were trash at the best of times.

How's that boot taste my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

How's that boot taste my man

Idgi