Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Maybe Laura Coates finally gets a shot, aces it, and we put all this 2021 ugliness behind us as quickly as possible. Of course every chud would tune out because she worked for the globalist Fauci News Network...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The only host I will accept is Brent Spiner as Lore.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

packetmantis posted:

The only host I will accept is Brent Spiner as Lore.

I was going to say “or Alan Rickman as Marvin the Paranoid Android” (the only good part of that horrible movie) but of course loving Rip.

Rickman would potentially had been legit good as a 2 week guest host too. “I’m sorry, Mr Smith, but that is….incorrect….”

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

packetmantis posted:

She was also Dr. Vahlen and Brit Crust. :psyduck:

Oh man, now I’m comparing the two in my head and I can’t believe I didn’t notice the similarities until now…

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GhostStalker posted:

Oh man, now I’m comparing the two in my head and I can’t believe I didn’t notice the similarities until now…

:same:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
https://twitter.com/nytmedia/status/1430743958364295169

White privilege is getting a babysitter instead of getting fired.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I should be used to it by now, but I just find his face more punchable every time I see it. It's a Ted Cruz-level punchable face.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1430929275587207169

I am glad James has no interest in hosting because otherwise we wouldn't get his constant sass.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HookShot posted:

hollywood, like washington -- if you fail, you fail upwards

edit: goddamn, needing a loving nursemaid because of his poor impulse control.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 26, 2021

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Hahahahaha lol nothing matters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Really is mind blowing he was with the show for barely over a year.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

People just love Levar Burton. Gen X and even Boomers remember Roots, millennials remember Reading Rainbow, and nerds of all generations know Star Trek. He doesn't seem to have skeletons

He did have that weird creeping on Leah Brahms and the girl from Ten Forward tho

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

AND he sucks at it. It’s not like we’re talking about a guy who’s problematic but as good as Harry Friedman here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Whelp! I just saw an ad for Blossom's brain pills again

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Groovelord Neato posted:

HookShot posted:

AND he sucks at it. It’s not like we’re talking about a guy who’s problematic but as good as Harry Friedman here.

He only started right before Alex made his announcement, right? The show’s definitely been on a bit of a downward slide since he’s taken over, especially with the quality of the clues going down a bit, but I guess we can blame that on Covid forcing remote work on top of the lockdowns and distancing on set and such, plus Alex’s death coinciding with the departure of other long time staffers at the show like Maggie Speak as the Head Contestant Coordinator and the Stage Manager and Glenn the producer and others.

There were rumors when his history broke in the Ringer article that he forced Friedman out because of all the other scummy things he did at Price is Right and here, but that’s probably just attributing the worst onto him. Should probably bring Friedman back for a bit to help chose a new host and right the drat ship though!

RaspberrySea posted:

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1430929275587207169

I am glad James has no interest in hosting because otherwise we wouldn't get his constant sass.

I’ll give one thing to James: when someone is definitely deserving to eat poo poo, he really brings it. Shame that he also targets a lot of people that don’t deserve it though.

HookShot posted:

Man, he really isn’t gonna get any more consequences on top of this, is he? Average white dude really is ez modo.

However, it really is disheartening the amount of people coming out of the woodwork (who probably don’t even watch Jeopardy in the first place) scoffing that too much ink (digital and otherwise) is being wasted on a “mere” search for a game show host and denying that Jeopardy is otherwise a television institution, or worse, slamming Claire McNear as heralding the next coming of Cancel Culture or McCarthy. It’s not like she literally wrote a book about the show that released right after Trebek passed, and this is pretty much her beat.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 27, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
It's pretty weird that people keep calling her Blossom.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mike Richards having a "minder" reminds me of the old anecdote about a guy who had been hired to work security for the WWF and his role was to keep an eye on the Macho Man Randy Savage.

"Your job is to keep Randy away from Elizabeth, and to keep him away from cocaine. You will fail at one of these."

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

packetmantis posted:

I mean, that probably would be the first role the people that do so ever saw her in and therefore connected her with it. If so, they probably never watched BBT either.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

packetmantis posted:

I still call Levar Burton Geordi

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

He only started right before Alex made his announcement, right? The show’s definitely been on a bit of a downward slide since he’s taken over, especially with the quality of the clues going down a bit, but I guess we can blame that on Covid forcing remote work on top of the lockdowns and distancing on set and such, plus Alex’s death coinciding with the departure of other long time staffers at the show like Maggie Speak as the Head Contestant Coordinator and the Stage Manager and Glenn the producer and others.

There were rumors when his history broke in the Ringer article that he forced Friedman out because of all the other scummy things he did at Price is Right and here, but that’s probably just attributing the worst onto him. Should probably bring Friedman back for a bit to help chose a new host and right the drat ship though!

I saw an article I think on Variety where they interviewed Friedman and he said he 100% definitely was not pushed out at all and that the execs at Sony actually tried really hard to keep him on.

But no, he started after Alex was diagnosed.

Also, while I have no proof of this, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the long-term staffers leaving the show had little to do with Alex and everything to do with Richards. Especially given Glenn's lawsuit against Sony for age discrimination.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

packetmantis posted:

She can be a lovely person and the rest of the internet can still be misogynists who refuse to call her by her real name, sadly.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

HookShot posted:

She can be a lovely person and the rest of the internet can still be misogynists who refuse to call her by her real name, sadly.

I'm sure there's more than a fair share of that, but having a really weird name doesn't help.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm sure there's more than a fair share of that, but having a really weird name doesn't help.

Not really seeing how "Bialik" is weirder than "Trebek" or "Sajak."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

BaronVonVaderham posted:

:catstare:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Timby posted:

Not really seeing how "Bialik" is weirder than "Trebek" or "Sajak."

That's fair, I was thinking of her first name.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's Jewish, you ding dong.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
:shrug: My bad. I've literally never seen that name before and heard more than one pronunciation even just on this show during her 2 weeks. I present myself as evidence that some people are just dumb about names.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Let me impart a little common sense on you. Don't make fun of other people's names. Especially don't make fun of any ethnic names outside of your culture. Don't understand a name? Google!

It's so loving easy to not be lovely about this.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

having a really weird name doesn't help.

:ughh:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Zesty posted:

Let me impart a little common sense on you. Don't make fun of other people's names. Especially don't make fun of any ethnic names outside of your culture. Don't understand a name? Google!

It's so loving easy to not be lovely about this.

:ughh:

You could also take someone admitting they didn't think something through and move on instead of continuing to berate them over it. Might make them a bit more receptive to the message, but thanks for the lecture.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's not sexist to call a well-to-do white woman a dipshit, especially for her publicly-documented dipshittery like blaming rape victims for the clothes they wore.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 27, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

BaronVonVaderham posted:

You could also take someone admitting they didn't think something through and move on instead of continuing to berate them over it. Might make them a bit more receptive to the message, but thanks for the lecture.

So you're racist and really touchy about it!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

it's not sexist to call a well-to-do white woman a dipshit, especially for her publicly-documented dipshittery like blaming rape victims for the clothes they wore.

Yeah, she's a dipshit.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Calling her a dipshit is not sexist. Refusing to call her by her name when you refer to equally disgusting men by their actual names instead of the character they played in a TV show decades ago is sexist.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I call her Blossom for the same reason I call Stamos uncle Jessie. It's the only role of theirs I think of. I never watched BBT to learn her characters name.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so, we can not like this person because of her views and performance as a guest host. I don’t think we need to be extra derogatory when reference her.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly, this has been a liberating experience for me-- been trying out for this goddamned mess for years, and I have become so thoroughly disgusted by the main players in all this horseshit that I genuinely don't even miss being able to watch it anymore.

Hell, why should I wreck my reputation sharing a stage with those assholes? I can wreck my own goddamned reputation just fine.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 27, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so, we can not like this person because of her views and performance as a guest host. I don’t think we need to be extra derogatory when reference her.

The racism/misogyny or the "dipshit" comment? Because if the latter, lol :decorum:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

banned from Starbucks posted:

I call her Blossom for the same reason I call Stamos uncle Jessie. It's the only role of theirs I think of. I never watched BBT to learn her characters name.

See now I think you're talking about Dukes of Hazzard

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I've referred to her as Blossom since I haven't quite gotten the spelling of Bialik down fully. Yes, I'm aware it's shorter. I don't want her on the show not because she's a woman but because I don't think she was the best candidate as my written diarrhea known as posts have made clear.

As for Mike, it's just amusing he has the same name as the actor who played Kramer. I don't think he was the best candidate either so he can stay behind the scenes unless he's negatively impacted the show which he seems to have done directly & indirectly. I have no knowledge whatsoever either about the show's production or in general.

I haven't thought of it in terms of misogyny since my gonads would be quickly separated from my body if it was (and to make clear, I am not a misogynist) but if that's the look it gives off then I'll stop. They are Dr. Bialik and Mr. Richards, not Blossom and Kramer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It’s probably just a coincidence the clue writing has gotten worse during Richard’s tenure as EP.

edit: Must have missed the post where GhostStalker specifically mentioned this. Sorry about that!

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 27, 2021