Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But yeah, if you want Ranko, you want CG episode 8 and you want it fast, you want it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

There's bits of Ranko sprinkled throughout the rest of the show too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah but there's only 1 episode centered on her, is my point.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Didn't you use to have an avatar or am I mixing you up with Argona.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You are mixing me up.

And those bits of Ranko in other episodes are worth it if they're looking for Ranko.

Or maybe I'm just trying to get them to just rewatch CG.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if Chill has watched CG.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
just in case:

Chill, watch Cinderella Girls!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

puchiderella was better

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

just in case:

Chill, watch Cinderella Girls!

Don't force people to watch idol anime.

What if they don't like idols?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Don't force people to watch idol anime.

What if they don't like idols?

Zep, finish Sunshine!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
unless... you don't like idols?!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Zep, finish Sunshine!

I watched 3 episodes!

I haven't been able to watch recently!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

unless... you don't like idols?!!

Well, would someone who doesn't like idols say this????

Hate-Senpai posted:

More idols.

Too many idols.

Is that the yandere chick.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Rin is right, there may be too many idols.

I think we could all do with less 2D idols in our lives.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Maybe there are too many idols.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

death to idols

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

death to idols

See, now this is an idol hater right here.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
is this what being in an alternate dimension is like?

if i wasn't so lazy i'd put a goatee on that sachiko

so use your imagination

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

idolnt understand what you're talking about.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Probably becaue it's useally hate-senpai-san who tells the death demands

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

The Awakened Miki era is definitely over, people aren't even recolouring Platinum Stars Miki's hair brown.

They had to have 3-3-3 Cute Cool Passion, so they had to skip someone for Koume. I guess agreed on the bunny ears issue, though.

Yeah, I guess keeping it even is a good idea. I think the bunny ears thing is actually kinda important, though. Like, the idea is that they're normal-rear end idols. Like, if you know who they are then hey, lucky you look for your favorite! But otherwise, they're normal idols, and a perfectly normal thing to aspire to.

Not a bunnygirl from the planet usamin. Also yeah, from glancing at ye olde pixiv, goodbye to "serious Miki doesn't dye her hair." That's fine, though. That sort of thing is strikes me like the "ugly glasses girl becomes beautiful because she has no glasses on" trope, which is pretty drat ridiculous.

Speaking of which,
https://twitter.com/135_co1492676/status/801039863189356544

So dedicated to proper glasses~

Incidentally and definitely not because it keeps happening, I really wish SIF didn't have album covers in colors that don't match the drat song. Deresute being nice about that sort of thing's spoiled me, I suppose.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hate-Senpai posted:

I dunno if Chill has watched CG.

I have not. I actually have trouble sitting down and marathon watching subbed anime ever since I started painting again. I'd rather listen to audiobooks or dubbed so I can paint while I do it. I might get 3-4 episodes of anything in per week and right now it's Re:Zero. I still haven't gotten past episode 1 of sunshine and can't bring myself to watch the last episode of LL.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Hate-Senpai posted:

I watched 3 episodes!

I haven't been able to watch recently!

Zep, finish Sunshine!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its ok if you dont finish sunshine. it's not as good as vanilla. watching a single ep of cinderella girls for one ranko is dumb though unless you have a compulsive idol addiction and are watching in moderation as a form of therapy

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I enjoyed Chuunibyo and the chuuni character in Konosuba so Ranko/Yohane is a natural progression.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Nendo with parasol is too much

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

You should watch CG Chill :3:

Sunshine is also quite good.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

watch Cinderella Girls, everyone

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for Sachikos
http://twitter.com/zzzzzni/status/801926211790249984

Pixiv

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am also thankful for the 142s.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I cleared my very first expert!

What experts would you say are the easiest for a scrub to try next?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

deathbot posted:

I cleared my very first expert!

What experts would you say are the easiest for a scrub to try next?

Congrats!

The A-Rise ones are pretty easy, Most of the slower songs, like Futari Happiness, are on the easier side, Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai is what I cut my EX teeth on, and most of the early songs in general are easier than the later ones.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Aishiteru Banzai is an especially good early one that's not too tough.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

some day i'll be able to regularly beat songs on hard mode :unsmith:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I seem to remember After School Navigators being a really good entry chart for Expert as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30114132

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I seem to remember After School Navigators being a really good entry chart for Expert as well.

It's a lot of fun, but I'd say it's more for once you can generally pass the easier ones, as a next step.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i like aquors more than μ's imo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 4 of Love Live Sunshine down.

Hanamaru and Ruby are very good friends and it's very sweet that they go out of their way for each other. :cute:

I dig that other school idol groups have websites that they put up training schedules on. We had Muse e-mailing other school idols in the Love Live movie, and we know there's a Love Live site, but it's nice to know that other school idol groups have blogs of their own and whatnot.

It's neat that each Of Course member appears to have a favorite Muse member. Sasuga Ruby at choosing Hanayo. I wonder if Dia became a student council president because of Eli...

Hanamaru choosing Rin (and Ruby choosing Hanayo) and the way the episode playing out seems pretty intentional as a callback to Love Live, since they both play out as Hanamaru / Rin going out of their way to help Ruby / Hanayo be true to themselves and joining the school idol club. And both Hanamaru / Rin want to be school idols as well, but can't see themselves making it because they see themselves as unfit (Hanamaru for her fitness, Rin for her perceived unfeminine style). Granted, Rin's arc plays out in the second season and not the first. And then the girls actually using Rin as an example to prove to Hanamaru that she can still become a school idol despite her worries was nice. I really really like the cast referring to Muse, down to the running up the stairs and even being inspired by Muse to hold practice on the roof. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of school idol groups in-universe do the same.

It's something I've been thinking since the previous episode, but Sunshine retreads the general frame of the path that Love Live took, but with different characters and different ways the events play out. I mean, it's not exact, and some stuff really can't be helped given the genre, but you got the second years singing a song in the first episode, the first live in the third episode, the first years (only 2 this time, admittedly) joining in the fourth episode, and whatnot.

The whole thing with the third years has me thinking they tried to make a school idol club as first years and failed, and Mari leaving was because of the failure or maybe the cause? Kanon seemed pretty upset with her and Dia wasn't particularly pleased to see her.

Seems like more time passed between Love Live and Sunshine than I thought, given that Dia was a Love Liver even before entering high school. So it's like... at least 4 years? 3 years?

I like the scene where Ruby's looking at her idol books and reminiscing on the past cause she's sitting there in a corner, instead of in the center of the room in the open. Even in her enjoyment of school idols she's sorta still hiding it away cause she might upset Dia. Poor Ruby...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 5 of Love Live Sunshine finished and HOLY poo poo THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR OH MY GOD.

Back in episode 1, I said I liked Yoshiko, but a large part of that was because I liked Ranko. After having some time to think about it, I sorta grew more lukewarm with regards to her, mainly because of how off her voice felt to me. If you watch episode 1, her voice and tone doesn't really match up to her mouth. Like, her mouth will be wide open but she still sounds like she's trying to sound poised and elegant or whatever. She sounds a lot better after Hanamaru outs her as Yoshiko, but before that it just feels totes off. Also, the Chu2 thing had already been done with Ranko, and Ranko was so good that another Chu2 idol would just be sorta eh.

But then the goddamn reversal of my expectations and holy poo poo!!!! Having Yoshiko actually be aware of herself and being embarrassed by everything she's done, putting her in the fine boundary between Chu2 and recovering from Chu2 made her so much better as a character. It was sorta implied with her running out on her very first day, and it makes her a self-aware Chu2 who can't help doing Chu2 poo poo but also hating herself for it because of the way people look at her. Like Riko says, she's very complicated, and I love her all the more for it. It's just so new for me, cause most stuff generally have Chu2s or recovering Chu2s or both, but even characters like Mori Summer in the Chu2 anime or the red haired girl in Inou Battle weren't quite the type of character that I feel Yoshiko is, because with Yoshiko it's like she's gotten so into the habit of being Chu2 that she does it instinctively. Like in the scene where she worries over all her classmates thinking weirdly of her but then still peppers her dialogue with Chu2 words. Like, literally after going "Right? It's because I said all those weird things." she uses the word "Ragnarok" in a sentence. That's when you know the girl's got issues.

Like Riko says, the girl's in a complicated stage.

It also feels like the VA has a better grasp on the Yoshiko voice and the Yohane voice, which solves the biggest issue I had with her as a character.

Riko proved herself worthy of being Best Girl this episode with her majestic flight (which is pretty dangerous, please don't try at home) and her mother's reaction. That's the gaze of a woman who's wondering if she's made a mistake in raising her child. She's also gotten a lot more open and playful, like teasing Chika by calling her weird (though in a complimentary sense now) and challenging Chika to a race after having already gotten a head start.

You is growing on me too, what with her YOU hat and her snarkiness.

Another highlight of the episode is Hanamura getting so hyped up with using a laptop. Dang that's adorable. I also like that even in the 5 Mermaids imagine spot she's still furiously typing away. Adorable. Also her sitting under the hand dryer. Hella adorable.

Speaking of the laptop, it's nice to see that the girls of Sunshine are way tech savvier than the girls of Love Live. Yoshiko has her own stream!!!! School idols have their own blogs! There are at least 5 different uploads of YUME NO TOBIRA on YouTube!

Ruby's super popular with people I guess. Watching Dia lose her poo poo again was hilarious. Hanamaru too.

On the topic of Dia, I wanna post more about her point about Of Course's tactic in this episode, the theme about being plain, and the thing with the rankings but it's past 11 pm and I got stuff to do so I'll just do it tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yes god yes the Yohane episode was so great.