Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I guess I still am.

"Even seen one" what?

I thought you were talking about the drop rates from the FotL packages. Hadn't heard of the AR thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
God drat

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
loving lmao

No revives and no radar at all for trials this weekend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inferno Trials heh

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
SpooooOOOOOoooky

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:spooky: whoooooooo scary :spooky:

You should get radar and revives back if you put on a mask.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

VJeff posted:

You should get radar and revives back if you have the ghost, shader, fire wolf mask, sparrow and emblem

Fixed that for Bungie microtransaction policies.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imagine if you have a bunch of flawless recovery and carry runs queued up this weekend lmao

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the actual joke is you only get a mask in the lighthouse chest

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Imagine if you have a bunch of flawless recovery and carry runs queued up this weekend lmao

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't even know. Is this good or bad for a mediumocre player like me? Seems bad. Who knows.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

I don't even know. Is this good or bad for a mediumocre player like me? Seems bad. Who knows.

its bad for everyone but its going to be hilarious

invisi double skips for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
On the plus side, message spam is no longer effective :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

ahahahahahahahahah oh my god.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Deej for FBI Director, Comey for Bungie Community Director. They each have the right skills for the job.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

yeah its going to be a bunch of bladedancers and nightstalkers with plan c

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
6 months gone... whats the meta?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obviously the winning play will be to stand out in the open with everyone standing back to back, watching all approaches.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The only winning move....is not to play.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's how I beat trials but it does slow down gun acquisition.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am watching a stream and I have never seen the sweaty players of destiny this sweaty, is like a sauna, a g*y sauna with russian weightlifters. Is glorious.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Ramal ‏@maallymaalls 56m56 minutes ago
@_mantis_ this shits not fun nigga

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there's two weeks to do trials during fotl, right?

i want to shoot for the emblem but i'm playing titanfall rn

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there's two weeks to do trials during fotl, right?

i want to shoot for the emblem but i'm playing titanfall rn

is titanfall good I want it to be good

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's getting great reviews, even for the single player campaign. I've only played a couple of rounds myself so far but the Titanfall thread here is pretty high on it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone was super enthused about the first one too. Then two weeks later no one was playing it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

xzzy posted:

Everyone was super enthused about the first one too. Then two weeks later no one was playing it.

That's because it didn't have enough skinner box for their liking.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My exotic faction quest isn't advancing, but I'm not wearing a spektar class item. What gives? I've only tried the crucible so far...

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

It's good

The one review I was waiting for.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

ButtWolf posted:

6 months gone... whats the meta?

4 impact pulse rifles like :siren: Clever Dragon, Grasp of Malok, and The Waltz as a poverty option
7 impact pulse rifles like Hawksaw, PDX, :siren: Blind Perdition
81 impact hand cannons, if you have a Eyasluna that's great but :siren: The Palindrome is even better holy moly.

For secondaries, shotguns. Matador 64 can drop from Crucible now, and can hit 70 impact and 32 range. Snipers these days are whatever, but if you want to shut down supers it's Event Horizon, Zen Meteor, or an old Efrideet's Spear.

There's bigger better posts a few pages back but that's my take on it.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

The Meat Dimension posted:

4 impact pulse rifles like :siren: Clever Dragon, Grasp of Malok, and The Waltz as a poverty option
7 impact pulse rifles like Hawksaw, PDX, :siren: Blind Perdition
81 impact hand cannons, if you have a Eyasluna that's great but :siren: The Palindrome is even better holy moly.

For secondaries, shotguns. Matador 64 can drop from Crucible now, and can hit 70 impact and 32 range. Snipers these days are whatever, but if you want to shut down supers it's Event Horizon, Zen Meteor, or an old Efrideet's Spear.

There's bigger better posts a few pages back but that's my take on it.

Two of the weapons he mentioned can be purchased with really good rolls from the crucible vendor now. Palindrome (HC) and Event Horizon (Sniper). If you need a shotty that is decent before banking on RNG from crucible the dead orbit vendor has one called last ditch.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I know we all discovered this way back in April but persistence really makes Unbent Tree much better. Got one with perfect balance/persistence/snapshot and all I have to do is start firing before some dork turns the corner and they're giblets. Big enough mag means I can pre-fire and still down two people with the right conditions.

Now if I could get a Matador maybe I can claw my way out of the scrublord tier full of hopping shotgun dweebs with their "I definitely wasn't carried, promise" scarab emblems.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I know we all discovered this way back in April but persistence really makes Unbent Tree much better. Got one with perfect balance/persistence/snapshot and all I have to do is start firing before some dork turns the corner and they're giblets. Big enough mag means I can pre-fire and still down two people with the right conditions.

I have one with PB and CBand it's kinda hilarious. I thought that archetype wasn't supposed to be good any more?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Persistence means losing out on counterbalance though, which I think is the better perk to have on that gun. If engagements were longer persistence might be better, but usually stuff dies right about the time persistence hits max effectiveness.

Mine has perfect balance and counterbalance and it's a laser beam.. just need a gentle downward nudge to combat the recoil.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I have trouble making it work against people with hand cannons and pulses if they're paying attention, and skating juggernaut Titans with shotguns still ruin you. It's fun when it works though.

Edit: I have a CB/small bore Arminius that I really appreciate that perk on. My aim sucks enough that the more forgiving hitbox from prefiring with the persistence gun works better sometimes.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 28, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I have trouble making it work against people with hand cannons and pulses if they're paying attention, and skating juggernaut Titans with shotguns still ruin you. It's fun when it works though.

It's definitely not "in the meta" but it's good enough to have some fun if you feel like doing something different for a while.

I think balance for average players is good right now, you can roll whatever you want and do okay. Obviously once you get into sweats that all goes out the window.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure my ELO is somewhere on the low end and I'd like to bust into the higher tiers, just so I can know I did, but it's rough trying to use off-meta stuff sometimes. Do fusions still lose shots to thin air sometimes? I'm seeing more green bars than usual but I don't really trust them after having people eat a full burst head on and living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Don't use your elo as a metric unless you roll with the same squad all the time.

• Locked thread