Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I mean he’s just used to being from a small town (Columbus, GA pop 202k)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
And he currently lives in Nashville (pop. 692k)

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I’ve never met a celebrity. Not once. With my luck, I would meet someone who sucks rear end anyway.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I went to high school with Brian of the Backstreet Boys. My bff at the time had a massive crush on him so we prank called his house.

I've never really met a celeb in the wild, but I have met them at various book signings, concerts, and cons.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’ve seen Danny McBride and Bill Murray out and about in Charleston a few times but otherwise I’m pretty celebrity free.

A dude I used to party with a lot won a Grammy playing guitar behind Jason Isbell. A buddy of mine dated a popular singer from American Idol who was from Charleston so I met her a few times.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I’ve never met a celebrity. Not once. With my luck, I would meet someone who sucks rear end anyway.

Same. I also live in North Dakota so the chances are slim to begin with. Closest would be when I partied with the band Saliva a few years ago when they played a dive bar here. Super cool dudes and talked SEC football with the lead singer for way too long.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ether Frenzy posted:

My WAIEFE worked for Iron Maiden years and years ago so it's down to her fame that got Bruce there (he's a fascinating guy and also super nice. He flies 747's for Virgin Atlantic and is also an olympic-level fencer) and I've been friends with Rob Dickinson (Bruce's cousin) for a long time. Rob was the lead singer of Catherine Wheel and then founded Singer Porsche. I was pretty amazed to see Singer #1 in the Petersen Museum's vault when I took my mom there a few years ago - I've ridden in it many times.

Bruce & Paddy (now deceased) came because of their friendship with my lovely other half. I was just shocked to do the math and realize these old people when I was 27 were actually younger than I am now.

The Catherine Wheel is a band I haven't thought of in a bit. "Chrome" is a great record.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my buddy got backstage passes to the F1 Miami Grand Prix somehow and met all the top celebs in a span of minutes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dan Snyders back and madder than hell folks are maybe not portraying Trump in a great light in that Sebastian Stan movie

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-trump-movie-the-apprentice-dan-snyder-feud-1236010060/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think Colin Jost finally won the joke swap on SNL by having Michael Che creat beef and inviting a diss track from Kendrick Lamar. Dude clearly did not want the risk of it being taken seriously and could barely get through it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

swickles posted:

I think Colin Jost finally won the joke swap on SNL by having Michael Che creat beef and inviting a diss track from Kendrick Lamar. Dude clearly did not want the risk of it being taken seriously and could barely get through it.

We watched this last night and it was pretty funny. Che was terrified in the best way.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ether Frenzy posted:

My WAIEFE worked for Iron Maiden years and years ago so it's down to her fame that got Bruce there (he's a fascinating guy and also super nice. He flies 747's for Virgin Atlantic and is also an olympic-level fencer) and I've been friends with Rob Dickinson (Bruce's cousin) for a long time. Rob was the lead singer of Catherine Wheel and then founded Singer Porsche. I was pretty amazed to see Singer #1 in the Petersen Museum's vault when I took my mom there a few years ago - I've ridden in it many times.

Bruce & Paddy (now deceased) came because of their friendship with my lovely other half. I was just shocked to do the math and realize these old people when I was 27 were actually younger than I am now.

I do appreciate that Rob & Bruce fronted bands that were named after medieval torture devices. :black101:

The closest I got to a celebrity was running into Everclear at the line for Space Mountain in Disney World.

harperdc posted:

I miss going to Ground Kontrol, used to go to their Rock Band nights there somewhat frequently in like 2009-10, it’s on my list of places to see next time I get home.
Oh yeah Ground Kontrol is definitely a fun spot. I used to go to it a lot as my old studio was a block away.

The lease on my current studio spot will end in September and it looks like we're likely moving to a spot in Southeast Portland. While it's technically closer than my current spot, my commute will take longer since I have to do more walking. I may get back into bike commuting again, tho this place doesn't have showers like my current place has so I'll be all stinky at my desk throughout the day.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

That was a drat good bit.

-------------------------

Anyway, someone spotted one of the good kind of libertarians in the wild:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The 82nd Airborne sticker on the left does bring up one question: did they wash out of Special Forces selection? Selection is done at Fort BraggLiberty where 82nd is also stationed, so it's not uncommon for those that can't hack it to end up there.

My current housemate was in 82nd when they were sent to Haiti for humanitarian aid during that really bad earthquake. He's got some… stories about watching a civilization collapse right in front of him. :allbuttons:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

man what is it about Nissans and owners that have zero consideration for human life

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

That was a drat good bit.

-------------------------

Anyway, someone spotted one of the good kind of libertarians in the wild:

Uh dang, I respect bumper stickers that go that hard

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

man what is it about Nissans and owners that have zero consideration for human life

A Nissan Sentra with no front bumper doing 247mph down I26 is the official mascot of North Charleston.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

wandler20 posted:

Same. I also live in North Dakota so the chances are slim to begin with. Closest would be when I partied with the band Saliva a few years ago when they played a dive bar here. Super cool dudes and talked SEC football with the lead singer for way too long.
I live in Connecticut. Most artists go to Boston and NYC and call it a day. Celebs don't come here unless they have some reason to be here, and they generally don't live here, because it's not even cheaper than posher zip codes.
It was a big deal that boygenius played a show in New Haven. Artists of that caliber basically never do.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve seen people who say they put pro-police stickers on their car for good treatment, I wonder how much the opposite makes things worse for them

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

God I just watched it and was dying, and that was such a small part of it. Che having the Rabbi and the puppet was amazing

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

We saw Ted Danson at the Disney Store in Santa Monica

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dan Snyders back and madder than hell folks are maybe not portraying Trump in a great light in that Sebastian Stan movie

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-trump-movie-the-apprentice-dan-snyder-feud-1236010060/

I hate Dan Snyder so loving much. What a sniveling worm.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

bobjr posted:

I’ve seen people who say they put pro-police stickers on their car for good treatment, I wonder how much the opposite makes things worse for them

If you're a white male they'll probably high five you thinking it's a joke and then regale you with stories about how many minorities their department has murdered or planted drugs/guns on this month.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I played soccer against Greg Zuerlein and he's good friends with my cousin. I think my cousin's family got Broncos/Jets tickets last season and maybe even invited to a suite?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

bobjr posted:

I have seen a car occasionally have the QQQOOQQO or Il1llI11 plate, and i'm like....buddy, every cop is going to automatically try to gently caress with you

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

bobjr posted:

At least for that car I would not be surprised if they are too scared to pull it over.

For as many famous people are in the area, I guess I have not seen many of them. I met Robb Flynn from Machine Head at a non-Machine Head concert, and I was on a flight with Coolio. That is all I can think of.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I hope Robb Flynn was cool, he seems like a good dude but "never meet your heroes" and all that.

I met Myles Garrett at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the summer after being drafted, dude was absolutely massive and very polite. I didn't even recognize him at first but my son geeked out and asked him for a picture and talked for a couple minutes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I failed to meet Eric Dickerson because I went to take a piss when he came to the nosebleeds at a Rams game after halftime with other old veteran Rams players, just hanging out and watching the game. My friends all got pictures with them though. I saw them from a distance when I came back but I didn't want to bother them. I also didn't even know what they looked like at first glance so whatever.

I know too many social media stars via one of my relatives. I don't know if they should count due to the um fine wine like ages in this group. :angel:

edit: words hard to parse!!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 20, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The pro move for encountering someone of any renown in the wild is to give them the “I know who you are but I’m not going to blow up your spot” head nod

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i ran into steve nash at a trampoline park with his kid when i was taking my kids there. he was hanging out near the trampoline with the basketball hoop, but just playing keepy-uppies with the ball and making a basket with his foot every now and then.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I was once standing outside in downtown Chicago and I'm 95% sure it was Vince Vaughn who walked by me, gave me a quick nod and continued walking. He was wearing sunglasses so I couldn't be 100% sure.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I've met Joe Montana, shook his hand. talked to him and got a signed football. Braks and I talked to Mick Foley after his comedy special in Lafayette, he signed my fantasy football belt, very nice dude. Talked to Roman Harper at the NOLA airport, dude's neck truly is a thick tree trunk, but no one else seemed to know who he was (maybe because it was 5:30 in the morning).

Braks and I met Billy Mitchell and Walter Day at the Houston Arcade Expo years ago. Billy gave out little bottles of hot sauce, and ended up joining us playing trivia afterwards. Also met Tim Kitzrow (the NBA JAM BOOMSHAKALAKA guy) there, dude was very friendly and down to earth.

Braksgirl posted:

I went to high school with Brian of the Backstreet Boys. My bff at the time had a massive crush on him so we prank called his house.

I've never really met a celeb in the wild, but I have met them at various book signings, concerts, and cons.

Braks has been within 3 feet of the entire Star Trek TNG cast but at the time had no idea who the hell they were, so it didn't bother her.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to a party with Rahm Emanuel where he walked behind me and brushed up against me. He was also still mayor of Chicago at the time when it happened too.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Black Sunshine posted:

I hope Robb Flynn was cool, he seems like a good dude but "never meet your heroes" and all that.

He was cool, it was in the 90's and he tolerated teenage me and a few friends coming up to talk to him for 2 minutes or so. He was very drunk, so I doubt we were as memorable to him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was picking up my aunt from the airport late one night in Fort Lauderdale. There was a family with two young kids, and like a son and his father, all dressed in Seahawks gear. Russell Wilson was flying in and was supposed to come out through the same set of doors my aunt was (different flights). I was making conversation with one of the dad's when sire enough he walked out. He signed some stuff for the kids, dapped me up, took a few pics and bounced all in like 45 seconds. It was really nice of him to do and was impressed at his efficiency at making the kids happy and not spending a lot of time since I bet that is something he gets everywhere he goes. My biggest takeaway was that I was bigger than him and felt confident I could tackle him (assuming he had some type of speed limiting device).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh I know a few former NBA players since Seattle in the late 90s to mid 00s had a huge amount of talent. Aaron Brooks threatened my entire freshman English class because we were awful to the teacher. I've mentioned it before but girlfriend still has an 20+ year old grudge against Nate Robinson because he was a dick to her little sister. I also work with the second wife of one of the Ezell's founders.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

harsh but fair
Eat the eggs Smashmouth Silly Burrito

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

You will never guess (yes, you can) what every single reply is....

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1792561489099842043?t=StNVhT5S9TAAnmlVwJHXFg&s=19

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I live in Connecticut. Most artists go to Boston and NYC and call it a day. Celebs don't come here unless they have some reason to be here, and they generally don't live here, because it's not even cheaper than posher zip codes.
It was a big deal that boygenius played a show in New Haven. Artists of that caliber basically never do.

There is no reason to go to CT except for pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

You will never guess (yes, you can) what every single reply is....

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1792561489099842043?t=StNVhT5S9TAAnmlVwJHXFg&s=19

Uvalde photos?