Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
This thread has Opinions About Tinsley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

reignonyourparade posted:

This thread has Opinions About Tinsley.

Well, this entire thing started as a Tinsley thread way back.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Foreign cartoons!

From Costa Rica

From Sweden

From the Netherlands

From Jordan

From Costa Rica

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
woww!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

Well, this entire thing started as a Tinsley thread way back.
Wow, how long ago was that?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

King Possum III posted:

From the Netherlands

This guys art is appalling.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Samurai Sanders posted:

LF days. Long enough to make me weep for the wasted years. Like grains of sand in the hourglass have I seen lovely comics flow.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Okay Tinsley, let's think about this. Why would different groups of people have different tastes in recreation? There are two possible answers: either your skin color directly affects how much you like camping, or people are socialized differently according to their skin color. You seem to reject the latter, but the former is absolutely ridiculous. The real question to ask after panel 3 is "but why do different groups of people have different tastes in recreation? What makes camping less attractive to black people than to white people? How do social pressures and the environment in which one is raised affect one's opinions and tastes later in life?"

But no, to Tinsley, that's the be-all end-all of the situation. Different groups of people have different tastes in recreation. No need to think about it any deeper than that.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you count the Tinsley mock threads, I believe this thread turns ten either this year or the next.

The Pants Donkey cartoon turned seven, just to put things into perspective.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

If you count the Tinsley mock threads, I believe this thread turns ten either this year or the next.

The Pants Donkey cartoon turned seven, just to put things into perspective.
Oh, okay. I think I saw the birth of the Pants Donkey myself but not the beginning of the thread itself.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pakled posted:

But no, to Tinsley, that's the be-all end-all of the situation. Different groups of people have different tastes in recreation. No need to think about it any deeper than that.

If you ever admit that anything has a cause other than lots of people making entirely free and independent decisions, then it makes it just a little bit harder to admit that poverty is entirely due to people deciding to be too lazy to be rich and then o boy do the floodgates open

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Angepain posted:

If you ever admit that anything has a cause other than lots of people making entirely free and independent decisions, then it makes it just a little bit harder to admit that poverty is entirely due to people deciding to be too lazy to be rich and then o boy do the floodgates open

Hmmm, I'm going to assume you meant "isn't" there, at least I sure hope so.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Well I mean, if different groups have different tastes, isn't that... isn't that a result of society's influence? I mean aren't you proving your own point?
Unless you're trying to argue that the dislike of camping is genetically ingrained?? :psyduck:
fake edit: beaten

"It's not important what happened, or why, or how it affected relations, or the problems it creates, or how it does or doesn't line up with the policies Trump claims to have. Context, especially, does not matter -- neither for this president's actions, nor those of the last. What REALLY matters is I can stick it to "Obama's Legacy"."
What's up with this loving obsession over "Obama's Legacy"? McCoy, Ramirez, Branco, and a few others have been harping on it literally since the election. Do they just want to scrub any trace of Obama from the history books, or are they that intent on pissing on the idea of him? Or both?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Vib Rib posted:

Well I mean, if different groups have different tastes, isn't that... isn't that a result of society's influence? I mean aren't you proving your own point?
Unless you're trying to argue that the dislike of camping is genetically ingrained?? :psyduck:
fake edit: beaten

"It's not important what happened, or why, or how it affected relations, or the problems it creates, or how it does or doesn't line up with the policies Trump claims to have. Context, especially, does not matter -- neither for this president's actions, nor those of the last. What REALLY matters is I can stick it to "Obama's Legacy"."
What's up with this loving obsession over "Obama's Legacy"? McCoy, Ramirez, Branco, and a few others have been harping on it literally since the election. Do they just want to scrub any trace of Obama from the history books, or are they that intent on pissing on the idea of him? Or both?

Each and every one of them is a massive racist and Obama was the first black president, of course they want to erase him from history and piss on everything he ever did. They'll be ranting about Obama on their death beds.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

What's up with this loving obsession over "Obama's Legacy"? McCoy, Ramirez, Branco, and a few others have been harping on it literally since the election.

It really sticks in their craw that the first black president was actually pretty good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo G2A is hot garbage and everyone knows that.

How's Kinguin though? I've been using them instead, and I'm really liking the deals.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Turtlicious posted:

How's Kinguin though? I've been using them instead, and I'm really liking the deals.

JRRose comic:

Man sitting at a computer with a sewing needle, trying to fix holes in a shirt:
"Honey, I can't seem to patch this up!"

Dispairing housewife: "It's because you're using the wrong thread!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Turtlicious posted:

Kinguin has too much crosshatching, not enough labeling.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

Kinguin has too much crosshatching, not enough labeling.

Too many tabs fuuuck me. Sorry!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Out of all the flaws they could project onto Obama's Legacy in the era of Trump, they go with vanity. :psyduck:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Trapezium Dave posted:

Out of all the flaws they could project onto Obama's Legacy in the era of Trump, they go with vanity. :psyduck:

Personally I think Obama's worst aspect is how active he was on Twitter.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bell with the quick turnaround.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

Its the "attack them where you are weak" strategy, which is meant to preempt attacks on their own weak points.

If they keep projecting all of Trump's flaws on Obama or Hillary Clinton or whoever else, they figure they'll be able to go for the "both sides are equally bad" defense when Trump is attacked. It's extremely hypocritical, like everything else the conservatives do, but it's effective because the medias are too dumb to see through it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cat Mattress posted:

Its the "attack them where you are weak" strategy, which is meant to preempt attacks on their own weak points.

If they keep projecting all of Trump's flaws on Obama or Hillary Clinton or whoever else, they figure they'll be able to go for the "both sides are equally bad" defense when Trump is attacked. It's extremely hypocritical, like everything else the conservatives do, but it's effective because the medias are too dumb to see through it.

It's more than that, because he's been complaining about Obama's vanity and self-centeredness since long before Trump was elected, or even running. Heck, just look at his 'I <3 Me' cups, and that's not the only one.

He just really hates that Obama did things, and sometimes people remember them as good things to have done.

Prism fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My favorite thing about all the "Strong Trump actually attacked Syria unlike weakling Obama" is that after Obama used military action in Lybia the republicans freaked out about him not going for congressional approval for the action. So Obama went to congress looking for approval for military action in Syria but Republicans refused to give it to him. Now they're all clapping as Trump takes military action against Syria without congressional approval :downsbravo:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Selachian posted:

Bell with the quick turnaround.

I've seen a lot of shitheaded statement -> shitheaded correction -> shitheaded correction of correction patterns recently but this one was something special.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Prism posted:

It's more than that, because he's been complaining about Obama's vanity and self-centeredness since long before Trump was elected, or even running. The 'I <3 Me' cup, the self-admiration...

He just really hates that Obama did things, and sometimes people remember them as good things to have done.

The whole thing with portraying Obama as vain and self-centered is because these people are racists, they see a black person aspiring to or achieving something impressive and instantly they jump to the conclusion that they are vain and self-centered because how dare a black person achieve anything? To them a black person doing anything other than living in a ghetto is rising above their station. To them Obama becoming President was morally wrong, McCain and Romney should have won by default regardless of the voters will because a black person becoming president is wrong.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
"hitler didn't own! ", i continue to insist as my head slowly shrinks and transform into a corn cob

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The whole thing with portraying Obama as vain and self-centered is because these people are racists, they see a black person aspiring to or achieving something impressive and instantly they jump to the conclusion that they are vain and self-centered because how dare a black person achieve anything? To them a black person doing anything other than living in a ghetto is rising above their station. To them Obama becoming President was morally wrong, McCain and Romney should have won by default regardless of the voters will because a black person becoming president is wrong.

I agree. It's more than projecting Trump's weaknesses onto him.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They can't understand why anyone would want to be president, so they project their own negative motivators- vanity, pride and parasitic need for recognition (which they have because they do art [source: I do art]) onto everyone that they hate.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

DUCK

WAS

FIRED.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

So since this was posted again, has anyone actually figured out what it means? I mean, even that Anubis cartoon by Ramirez(?) has been successfully analyzed.

vvv Goddammit, I've been reading this thread for like a year and didn't know that. vvv

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 12, 2017

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Thoughtless posted:

So since this was posted again, has anyone actually figured out what it means? I mean, even that Anubis cartoon by Ramirez(?) has been successfully analyzed.

It's from The Onion, and intentionally incomprehensible.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I hope Drybones tries to spin Spicey's shite. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Thoughtless posted:

It was drawn to be absurd.

But if you want an interpretation: the Democratic rear end has come with an empty jar of ethanol and wants to use the Republican Elephant's grain (see inbox) to make more, possibly to use as a biofuel to replace petroleum. The Republican Elephant, however, has other plans: instead of ethanol, he's churning out lies and curses because it is an election year. Meanwhile, he's also turning profits into ashes and smoke by upholding the Cuban embargo. This makes sense of everything except the "forestry" and "steel" labels.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

And a look at sanctuary city Red Bank, NJ.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone replace Assad with Lester.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, so you're saying United suddenly isn't allowed to run their business the way they want to? Sounds like pro-regulation snowflake talk to me. When did you turn into such a bleeding hard loony lib, Lester????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not going to say that right wing cartoonists (mainly Lester, McCoy and Ramirez) are racist because they always want to poo poo on Obama's legacy. I'm sure there's a racial aspect, but I think it's more that their current president is realllly unpopular and even people in his party hate em (although they'll go along with him because he mostly gives what the party wants). So it's a lot easier to make fun of Obama's legacy being destroyed than to prop Trump up as an actual good human being like Branco and Garrison do.

• Locked thread