Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:lol:

He's not lying about privacy. Apparently not even Beer is allowed to know why he was banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

https://twitter.com/Beer4TheBeerGod/status/720666656654147585

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

What. I. What.
That makes so little sense it's not even making no sense. It's making unsense.

How do you "hide" by moving into an environment where your signature sticks out from the background like a sore thumb?

How do you get "heated" by a "planet with a molten surface"?
Through its prodigous infrared output?

Wtf is this poo poo?
[/quote]

I think what the original guy was trying to get across is that pirates could hide in the "shadow" of these heat signatures with their weapons online and heated.
Yes I know it still does not make sense.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's really exciting, and I've been getting back into the Paradox game vibe by playing the Warhammer mod for CK2 that's a lot of fun.

Are you kidding me, I had no idea there was a Warhammer mod. And it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle, not that 40k shite (ducks)

Beer, I shall be joining you in the warm up to Stellaris launch, just as soon as I get at least one day's work done this week...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

I'm confused.
Are you handing out fucks or aren't you?

That all was to the targets (SC shills, Shitizens) of the post I made.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SomethingJones posted:

Are you kidding me, I had no idea there was a Warhammer mod. And it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle, not that 40k shite (ducks)

Beer, I shall be joining you in the warm up to Stellaris launch, just as soon as I get at least one day's work done this week...

Yeah it's a real kick in the nuts. I'm having fun trying to figure out how to play as Orcs. I currently suck.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

gently caress the scummy hobo. gently caress him in his smug, lying, complicit rear end. With an isopod.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326426/idea-spaceship-depreciation-flight-mileage

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

:lol:

He's not lying about privacy. Apparently not even Beer is allowed to know why he was banned.

I don't know the specifics of why I was banned either (sending a mystery PM that they refuse to disclose to me). Since he's in the mood to play the whole "we're so awesome at moderating" card I'm gonna see if I can get any details out of him.

They're about as open about their moderation as they are about their development, I'm surprised they don't make you sign an NDA when you get banned.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Isn't this the feature they just shitcanned yesterday?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I.N.R.I posted:

Remember to call your parents every so often everybody. They raised you with love
Weappreciate the advice-- but don't understand why you pivoted in this humane direction after starting out so noxiously?

Daztek posted:

I think she said "Bad jokes" yeah
Oops, you're right, Daztek.

Actually since I heard "bag" when first I listened to the clip, I drew the Donutgate 'bag of donuts' conclusion but in hindsight, I missed it.

NOTE TO THREAD READERS: Scratch this as a Donutgate update. This remains your last official Donutgate Update...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah it's a real kick in the nuts. I'm having fun trying to figure out how to play as Orcs. I currently suck.

AFAIK paradox games always go on sale after several months from release

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

It has mutated. Elite is the new Diabo:lol:...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

EminusSleepus posted:

As opposed to Star Citizen, which went on sale 5 years before they started making it.

e: I'm here all week

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

G0RF posted:

Thread needs more dogs and cats and less creepazoid beasts of the deep sea. I get nauseous enough reading about the whales.

Since crobbles reads the thread we're trying to give him inspiration to design better aliens.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EminusSleepus posted:

I've been waiting for a humble bundle or something to get CK2 and some other Paradox games. I know they've done them in the past.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
gently caress, I actually like Disco Lando, why would he say something like that? Is it possible he doesn't know?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek you should offer "anonymity testing" on the side, for goons who want to make sure they are safe online. You could dig into their stuff and then tell them what you found so they know what they need to lock down to safely shitpost.

This is a good idea.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Coast Guard dogs are super dope! I actually have been trying to figure out where to get a set of those sweet goggles for Kayak, because he's got those light blue eyes and I don't want them to get sun damaged

Yeah, I need to get some for my dog but for different reasons. his pupils no longer dilate due to a tumor so I'm concerned he's going to get even more hurt when it's bright outside.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

gently caress, I actually like Disco Lando, why would he say something like that? Is it possible he doesn't know?

Everyone involved in this mess is a scumbag. I used to feel bad for ben, but gently caress that guy now,(actually don't, bad mental image there).

They are all horrible people just alive today to scam people out of money.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

SomethingJones posted:

And it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle, not that 40k shite (ducks)

Curious about this. My extent to 40k was liking Dawn of War with that Dawn of Skirmish AI mod that was ridiculous (to this day).

Warhammer fantasy basically seems like the exact same thing as 40k, except ACTUAL roman empire slash tolkien setting

What am i missing out on here and why? I tried to listen to horus rising on audiotape and it put me to sleep, so I'm curious about WH Fantasy.

e: oh, yeah, i know it has rats, and people love the rats. not sure why.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SomethingJones posted:

Jared is just as shifty and lovely as the rest of them, despite having a sarcastic goon demeanor.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've been waiting for a humble bundle or something to get CK2 and some other Paradox games. I know they've done them in the past.

Same

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek you should offer "anonymity testing" on the side, for goons who want to make sure they are safe online. You could dig into their stuff and then tell them what you found so they know what they need to lock down to safely shitpost.

Lowtax could sell Derek Smart Verified badges

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Wafflz posted:

Steam has been recommending it to me too so I went and read some posts about it and it sounds pretty bad.

That's too bad. Maybe I'll just start playing Elite again to scratch my space game itch.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

MeLKoR posted:

Back in the day I was accused of being a shill for the imperialist American pig dogs because I argued in favor of Gulf War 1. Years later I was accused of being an euroweasel Saddam shill because I argued against Gulf War 2.

Redditors accuse me of being a DS shill, DS accuses me of being a CIG shill.

The internet is like loving prison, you better pick a side and back them no matter how wrong they are otherwise you end up with no friends and hated by everyone.

Dude I've been ribbing you a bit, but you're one of my fave posters ITT. Enough time spent in this thread, we're all bound to get caught with our rear end out every now and then.

This is the way of the Tao.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SomethingJones posted:

Lando was hired because he is an ur shitizen just like lesnick, he's just better at playing it off. He is 100% as scummy as all the other management there.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

orcinus posted:

Can you snort nicotine?

Of course. Have you ever seen a white wigged gentleman from Ye Olde Times in movies, cram the base of his thumb against his nostril and huffing deeply? Thats tobacco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_(tobacco)

PS: I have never seen a real live human do this.

Dang, sniped pages ago by Tijuana Bibliophile. I cannot catch up to this tsunami of a thread. :P

Oleyo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

BENSDAY: Donutgate Update

For AP and others who requested it.

SANDI: "We're live, so we can't edit like we did on ATV with our bag joke..." (May be 'bad' joke-- hard to tell?)

BEN: (sighs): "Nooo we can't..."

Ah that's it yeah, thanks I think it could well be a reference to donutgate.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That's too bad. Maybe I'll just start playing Elite again to scratch my space game itch.

Heretic! There is a free flight weekend coming up for SC. That will scratch something.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:lol: amazing

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Io_ posted:

Since crobbles reads the thread we're trying to give him inspiration to design better aliens.

(Nods, touches snout, will eventually emit bioluminescent glow to reiterate his agreement then insert wooden spikey sword key into the ground and drive off into the night...)

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Paramemetic posted:

Do I even warrant PostNotes by MeLKoR(TM) ? I shitpost now to find out

I had so much respect for you.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

It matters because in 5 years they might make statement that could either be interpreted as either serious or a tasteless joke and it helps figure out which it is. It also matters because I don't want to accidentally get buddy-buddy with a shitstain just because we both laugh at Bitcoin or Star Citizen.

Ah. That makes sense.
Never really thought of forums and social networks as a "buddy-buddy" thing, but what do i know, i'm socially stunted.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

(Nods, touches snout, will eventually emit bioluminescent glow to reiterate his agreement then insert wooden spikey sword key into the ground and drive off into the night...)

I like how they spent a bazillion dollars on mo-cap and the lizard things fingers clip through it's head. Quality.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Toops posted:

Thanks commando. I will survive this trying ordeal. Also, I'm gonna record the Solar Plebeian "Asset Parpline" video tonight during an intentional nicotine frenzy, we'll see how it goes. It's likely I will go on a lengthy tangent about how Crobberts thinks "normal maps are cheating."

So hopefully something good will come of this.

Looking forward to this. That phrase cracked me up.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

4K monitors aren't cheap, if someone repeatedly finds a way to say "hey guys have I mentioned I have three 4K monitors? sorry my 4K monitors are why my pictures are so small, because of the 4K monitors, all three of them" I'm going to take notice.

Took that as a joke, but if it was meant seriously, i take everything back.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Jesus christ, i walk away for an hour or two to do work and fill out a US visa application (jesus christ, people, $160 for a visa? what is wrong with you?!) and the thread is 8 pages longer. I can't do this anymore, i'm afraid i'll have to stop reading every single post.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

4k monitors guy was great, he got his rear end kicked from 360p all the way to 2160p and entertained the thread for a short while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CIG: So, you have no programming or art design skills. Why should we hire you?

Me: I have a :regd07: account on an aging comedy forum so no one will ever suspect that I'm shilling.

CIG: Welcome aboard!

• Locked thread