Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Yey! The thread's open again. Chris ain't happy about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Please remember to call your parents now and again everybody. They worked hard to raise you and they did so with love

You'll be happy to know we just had a break that was the perfect length for calling and checking in.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Q: Why are you moving forward on concept/designs for new ships while variants of existing ones are still not flyable/hangar ready.

A: Different teams of people are working on building them versus concepting them. Need to continue that pipeline to keep content releases consistent. Also to continue to add new content to the game at all times. One team is not blocking the other.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

FrankieGoes posted:

Plenty of people here tell Derek that they think he's full of poo poo but when the bitching drives off 8ace that doesn't make the thread better.

Also endless bitching about Derek is not really entertaining at all. See: all of bitch_of_inforedux' posts.

I also think you're taking the shill/mole accusations a little too seriously.

Endlessly bitching? Funny cause Derek didn't think it was all about him. Which it wasn't.

I'm done though. My point was proven when this thread took it's a obvious turn.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh thank god we can finally move on and put our goon dossiers away

I don't envy your jobs, videogames and FaU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

Please remember to call your parents now and again everybody. They worked hard to raise you and they did so with love

I have no friends or family and this thread is my entire life.

So while it was closed I contemplated suicide.

Thanks!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Where do Benfat jokes fall on the spectrum in this kinder and gentler star shitizen thread?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Like SC's development, this thread is eternal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Dear Thread,

Please can this thread stay on topic of the failings of Star Citizen and the creation of the game.

Will Do!

'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please be nice, everyone

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

FrankieGoes posted:

Where do Benfat jokes fall on the spectrum in this kinder and gentler star shitizen thread?

I'd assume that the whole of Ben falls into the CIG category. I hope that doesn't preclude the catte/dogge/ocean monstrosity photos.

And since the thread got off track, here's the latest Pgabz video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfQvQai_fc

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Endlessly bitching? Funny cause Derek didn't think it was all about him. Which it wasn't.

I'm done though. My point was proven when this thread took it's a obvious turn.

Just because you were endlessly bitching about Derek doesn't mean you weren't also endlessly bitching about other things. Not sure why you think the two would be mutually exclusive.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh good, we're back! I was starting to get worried.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
ATV was luck luster, but was excited to hear the 2.4 talk

Soon(tm)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

You re-opened the same thread, and I appreciate it because there is a HUGE amount of info, memes, history, and funny stuff in here. Hopefully people will not let their autism get the better of them.

Dude, you gotta save the funny pics and stuff on your puter.

There's been like, 6 SC threads. There will probably be 6 more.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

Sale tomorrow, superhornet, gladiator, gladius, retaliator, free flight week, then $140 LTI mining concept on sale on the 22nd.

Trying to pick up another million+ before end of the month.

I like how they said the sale was in honor of Pax East.

Sure...sure it was.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I love greyhounds. Here is out beautiful hound sleeping peacefully.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sale in honour of the funding graph bottoming the gently caress out.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Soon(tm)

just make a file called persistance.txt in your star citizen folder and put how much UEC you bought in it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Soon(tm)

Because 4 is a bigger number than 3, or because they're actually going to release something that's worth a poo poo, which they haven't done for over four months as far as I can tell?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Great! We're back!

So does this mean that like we do others we know here, on Reddit, CIG forums etc, that it's OK to call him Toast (his CIG forum name) or MoMA (his SA forum name)?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I was so lost without this thread.

Anyway, here's something interesting I learnt while the thread was closed:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/720685199940399104

According to Lando, CIG's customer support team has such a vast backlog tickets that it can take them almost two months to respond to them!

I'm calling bullshit on this claim to be honest, but I'll let you all know how long it takes them to respond to my ticket from February loving 24th.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I started making AtV notes but am skipping a lot.

---

Cig LA has 1500 bugs to deal with. This week!

Jake Ross in Austin talks Port Olisar changes. It's coming along nicely and a "commercial galleria area" is hitting with 2.4. If you wondered what that big meeting of the minds in LA earlier this year came up with, it's A Space Mall!

New shops are being worked out with Dave Haddock. It's out of White Box and now in Grey Box!

New flight suits are underway and they're salvaging the discarded SataBall suits to be purchasable as under armor in Item 2.0.

The legacy armors from Star Marine will be for sale. There's a valet clothing storage area soon to be added which will allow you to swap between your civilian and military gear-- and after a long day, you'll be able to come back, switch into your cargo pants and tshirts and go hang out with your friends in the Space Galleria and talk about your adventures.

Pgabz called this months ago and I couldn't be more excited about it!

---

Foundry UK has a new QA member -- seems nice enough although her pink and cyan hair may be a trigger for Sandi if memories of Alyssa come flooding back...

---

Brian Chambers offers a substantive update -- the first that actually might bolster backer confidence in the project. I dig that sad-eyed gent. AI, collision detection, water volumes, engine updates, client and server debugging talk and more and better. New weapons touched on, cinematics and an upcoming MoCap shoot are mentioned...

Give me a melancholy, sober disposition with a tech heavy update over energetic pep talks about trivial pursuits any day...

The highlight for me though comes (I believe) 34 minutes in-- when Brian talks about Business Class travel perks in a past job, Lando looks like the cat that ate the canary, and Brian makes note that every dollar saved by not upgrading can go towards more useful purchases for others.

These are men that follow this thread and share our values.

o9, commandos!!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 14, 2016

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

"Sale in honor of the convention we aren't actually attending because that'd cost money we'd rather spend on cocaine & coffee machines. Plus we've got sweet gently caress all to show that hasn't been lambasted & trotted out repeatedly during free fly weeks."

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Countdown to Derek's probation in 5... 4...

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
happy posting!

starpoint warlords launched EA today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/

a spacy, sim/rts type.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Great! We're back!

So does this mean that like we do others we know here, on Reddit, CIG forums etc, that it's OK to call him Toast (his CIG forum name) or MoMA (his SA forum name)?

*edit* hang on what are we allowed to talk about and what aren't we allowed to talk about?

For example am I allowed to post a link to Lando talking about his room mate "Toast" in response to this?

Is this the person we're supposed to be not doxxing? Help mods I am so confused because people have been claiming that MoMA is every CIG employee under the sun... are you seriously saying we accidentally hit on the right name and now we're banned from talking about it?

Chalks fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 14, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

FrankieGoes posted:

Just because you were endlessly bitching about Derek doesn't mean you weren't also endlessly bitching about other things. Not sure why you think the two would be mutually exclusive.

I don't. I just know its clearly easy to get a rise out of you. Carry on.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

Great! We're back!

So does this mean that like we do others we know here, on Reddit, CIG forums etc?

Ha knew it. The real answer I'd say is just pretend on this forum that you don't know anything beyond this thread. But I'm not sure you are capable of that Derek.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

first off that bread is untoasted

second off he does look like the type of guy who would wear a zip tie for efficiency

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I don't. I just know its clearly easy to get a rise out of you. Carry on.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Well either he meant "counsel" or he is referring to the issue "council"

But AP (I think) reminded him yesterday that he had CIG listed twice in his LinkedIn profile. Then he fixed it. He didn't update it to show that he still works there though. Confusing. We should ask him if/when he comes back.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

You should learn to pick your battles you insufferable oval office.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

D1E posted:

Countdown to Derek's probation in 5... 4...

I like Derek, but coming back with that post is asking for it. Maybe we need to take a step back. There's plenty to discuss/laugh about without calling people out like this.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Great! We're back!

welp

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Soon(tm)

Which feature of 2.4 got the excited most? The ability to finally save weapon load, or the naughty step reputation system carrying over between play sessions, assuming you don't modify your system clock?

Might be 3-4 weeks to get all that in.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
yum yum gimme sooommmeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Goddammit, i was finally starting to get some work done.
Close the thread back.

• Locked thread